Genesis 40-50

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To anyone who may have the time today and sit and read the Bible, would encourage one to read out loud to their self the account of Joseph, and his brothers and father. It is interesting Joseph being Jewish got along with the Egyptian Pharaoh, and all he had to was request something and the Pharaoh of the land would allow it, such as allowing Joseph to move his family in Goshen to tend to pharaohs sheep, and donkeys as well as the ones the Jacob and his family brought out of the land of Caanon, which had a very severe famine going on it in. There is a lot of things that happen along the way and if you get lost, go back over a few verses back and try to keep the imagery in your head while reading out loud to yourself this story and May you see how Gods provisions are good and how he is able to help us, and how merciful he is, and how he desires reconciliation with one another.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider carefully the relationship of Joseph to Pharoah and the relationship of Jesus to his Father:

"Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou.
And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, See, I have set thee over all the land of Egypt." Gen 41:40-41

Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I." John 14:28

Reactions: Matthias