genesis question...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Adam and Eve were the First of thier kind they were given something speacial by the breath of God (was this free will?) As there was no sin from the sixth day creation at this time and if you dont believe there were others outside the garden why dont you explain who Cain was afraid would kill him? why did God have to mark him wouldnt his siblings and Parents reconize him??? God also banned him to wander kicked him out of the Garden yet you would have him going back and marry a sister like God suddenly say oh its ok you killed your brother. you have nothing but guess's and speculation not one single scripture to support any of this.Not to accept a sixth day generation is more unbiblical than excepting it. To accept incest and other children one puts in the company of denying scripture and following what ever fairy tales men have taught you because God does not say Adam was the only man it says he was THE MAN (ha-adam) (as opposed to those other men)

Nov 8, 2007
I find that hard to believe.You seem to be one of those Read between the Lines kind of people, and that's not a bad thing. The Bible doesn't state either that Adam and Eve didn't have children in Between Cain and Abel, just that Seth was a Replacement for Abel, the bible neither states if there were children born in after Cain and Abel just that Seth came after Abel's Death as his replacement. This is why I love the Word of God written. I thirst, and I can use scripture, go back and read, nor for the sake of debating or proving someone wrong, but to prove to myself again what God has in store for me. I again will humble myself, DIE OUT TO MY THOUGHTS and allow the Holy Spirit of Christ to give me revelation.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
You are right to a small degree but the standard reading of incest and other children does exactly the same thing except with major leaps it makes asumptions that are not written it is speculation and guess's I am saying that the old guess and assumptions are wrong that there is more evidence of a sixth day creation then there is to suport the incest assumption. All you have to do is read whats written apply common sense and not jump to speculating and wild guess'sThere is absoulty no biblical evidence of Incest or other children it is it is strickly guess work by men.Why would God start the Savior of the Worlds bloodline on a sin now you can argue it was yet a sin but thats untrue First was the Word the word always existed. Incest was always a sin, he had just as of yet, not taught us about it. Remember God is the same Yesterday today and tomarrow. He didnt just suddenly decide incest is a sin today.And as I was just remined of Remember these wordsJhn 4:32 But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of

Agape

Dec 24, 2007
(poetboy;28896)
well i have started the new year off with a goal of reading the bible in a year..and so it's the second day, and i've read from genesis 4-6..so my question is where did cain get his wife from?Eve only had Cain and Abel, and after Cain was cursed by God for killing his brother Abel, it was that whosoever shall find him shall kill him, so Cain went away and it says: Genesis 4:14-16 "And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him. 16And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden. 17And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch."so im wondering where did his wife come from? im assuming there were more inhabitants that were not mentioned that maybe eve had.just for discussion.
The ONLY persons available for the sons and daughters of Adam and Eve to marry were each other. Cain married his sister, as did Abel, Seth and the other children. In our day the bloodlines have become so contaminated that intra-family marriage is forbidden by law as too many undesirable characteristics come out with close in-breeding of humans. But Adam's children could only marry each other.The sons of Adam married their own sisters. If we had pure bloodstreams, we could marry our sisters. The reason we are not allowed now to marry our sisters is that the impurities in our blood would cause complications in the following generations.Because of purer blood people lived long lives as the earlier Biblical records tell. Some people explain early man's longevity by saying their years weren't as long as ours. But time then was the same as now. The reason for such longevity was that their blood so contaminated, so impure. Marriage and sin eventually began to produce weaker people who, therefore, died at an earlier age.According to Genesis 4:16 Cain dwelled in the city of Nod and there he "knew" (had physical relations with) his wife (sister) and she bore a son called Enoch. The Bible does not say that Cain met his wife in Nod. It says that he went to Nod and then “knew” his wife and she conceived and bore Enoch. More likely, Cain was already married before he went to Nod.When Adam was 130 years old another son was born to him and Eve who was named Seth. He, too, took a sister for his wife, and they had children and many grandchildren. The generations of Adam under the line of Seth called on the name of the Lord (Gen. 4:25-26).Recorded in the book of Genesis, chapter 5 are the generations of Adam, beginning with Seth (Genesis 5:3) all the way to Lamech, who lived one hundred and eight-two years and had a son, called Noah (5:30-32).Genesis 5:1 --- This [is] the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness [image] of God made he him;The line of Cain is not specified in Genesis 5 because Cain did not call on the name of the Lord. The line of Seth is recorded it was from his bloodline or progeny that Christ, the Messiah, would be born.Genesis 5:2 --- Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.Genesis 5:3 --- And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat [a son] in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:Genesis 5:4 --- And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:Verse 4 is not saying that Adam did not have sons and "daughters" until 800 years after he had Seth. It says "and the days" of Adam, after he had Seth, was 800 years. Within the 930-year time period Adam lived, he had sons AND daughters. This tells us that Adam had many other sons and daughters who are not specifically named in the Scriptures. These "daughter" became the wives for the "sons" of Adam.Scripture makes it clear that mankind is the offspring of Adam, the first man. Who did Cain marry? Whom did Cain marry? He married his sister. Finding a mate was no problem, because as Genesis 5:4 says ---
"And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters."​
God bless you,Agape

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
I think your getting into the useless argument feature here.We are at present all the descendants of Adam and Eve because the only line kept alive was Noah in the flood. Is is irrelevant how many people God ay have or may not have created because we are all descended from Adam and Eve.The things of the old testament confirm the coming of Christ the promised Messiah. We have received him and the word which he brought. These are the things believers should be living in today. Truth and the Spirit to enable us to be living members of Christs body. These questions are passed the future is Christ and the truth of salvation from God. Because what God gives us through the Lord provides all we will ever need in the Spirit of life and truth.I pray that the debate will cease and that you will unite in one truth, the Messiah Jesus Christ who died for both of you as foretold by the Prophets so you would believe today. God made you so you could be his people.Love Faithful.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Agape;29170)
The ONLY persons available for the sons and daughters of Adam and Eve to marry were each other. Cain married his sister, as did Abel, Seth and the other children. In our day the bloodlines have become so contaminated that intra-family marriage is forbidden by law as too many undesirable characteristics come out with close in-breeding of humans. But Adam's children could only marry each other.The sons of Adam married their own sisters. If we had pure bloodstreams, we could marry our sisters. The reason we are not allowed now to marry our sisters is that the impurities in our blood would cause complications in the following generations.Because of purer blood people lived long lives as the earlier Biblical records tell. Some people explain early man's longevity by saying their years weren't as long as ours. But time then was the same as now. The reason for such longevity was that their blood so contaminated, so impure. Marriage and sin eventually began to produce weaker people who, therefore, died at an earlier age.According to Genesis 4:16 Cain dwelled in the city of Nod and there he "knew" (had physical relations with) his wife (sister) and she bore a son called Enoch. The Bible does not say that Cain met his wife in Nod. It says that he went to Nod and then “knew” his wife and she conceived and bore Enoch. More likely, Cain was already married before he went to Nod.When Adam was 130 years old another son was born to him and Eve who was named Seth. He, too, took a sister for his wife, and they had children and many grandchildren. The generations of Adam under the line of Seth called on the name of the Lord (Gen. 4:25-26).Recorded in the book of Genesis, chapter 5 are the generations of Adam, beginning with Seth (Genesis 5:3) all the way to Lamech, who lived one hundred and eight-two years and had a son, called Noah (5:30-32).Genesis 5:1 --- This [is] the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness [image] of God made he him;The line of Cain is not specified in Genesis 5 because Cain did not call on the name of the Lord. The line of Seth is recorded it was from his bloodline or progeny that Christ, the Messiah, would be born.Genesis 5:2 --- Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.Genesis 5:3 --- And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat [a son] in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:Genesis 5:4 --- And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:Verse 4 is not saying that Adam did not have sons and "daughters" until 800 years after he had Seth. It says "and the days" of Adam, after he had Seth, was 800 years. Within the 930-year time period Adam lived, he had sons AND daughters. This tells us that Adam had many other sons and daughters who are not specifically named in the Scriptures. These "daughter" became the wives for the "sons" of Adam.Scripture makes it clear that mankind is the offspring of Adam, the first man. Who did Cain marry? Whom did Cain marry? He married his sister. Finding a mate was no problem, because as Genesis 5:4 says ---
"And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters."​
God bless you,Agape
And where does scripture tell you this ???????????It doesnt it simply what you have been told sense childhood doesnt make it right they used to think the earth was the center of the solar system just because men say something doesnt make it true I prefer to listen to Gods word

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Faithful;29171)
I think your getting into the useless argument feature here.We are at present all the descendants of Adam and Eve because the only line kept alive was Noah in the flood. Is is irrelevant how many people God ay have or may not have created because we are all descended from Adam and Eve.The things of the old testament confirm the coming of Christ the promised Messiah. We have received him and the word which he brought. These are the things believers should be living in today. Truth and the Spirit to enable us to be living members of Christs body. These questions are passed the future is Christ and the truth of salvation from God. Because what God gives us through the Lord provides all we will ever need in the Spirit of life and truth.I pray that the debate will cease and that you will unite in one truth, the Messiah Jesus Christ who died for both of you as foretold by the Prophets so you would believe today. God made you so you could be his people.Love Faithful.
And it only says 8 people survived that were of Christ bloodline it also says everything with the breath of life were in the ark it never says just animals do you think other races had the breath of life in them?

w0r5h1p

Jan 2, 2008
wow, I am very intrigued by this discussion! I never really read between the lines and I never really thought about Cain's wife at all.. very interesting! Thanks for starting this topic.. it's very helpful! I'm going to go back and read Genesis again. I love this forum already! haha...Lacey :cross:

BoranJarami

Aug 26, 2007
"Eve only had Cain and Abel"This is an assumption. They are the only children mentioned up to that point, but that doesn't mean that Adam and Eve didn't have any others.I have always understood that they most likely had other children and that Cain married his sister. Now, this may seem horrible to us, but at that point God had not given the command not to do this sort of thing. Also, diseases and disorders were non-existent until the fall, so no such problems would have arisen.Another thing to think about is original sin. If it was through Adam and Eve that sin entered into all mankind (Romans 5:12), how did sin spread to the people that were not Adam and Eve's children (if the actually did exist)?And finally, look at what Genesis says about the matter:"And the man called the name of his wife, Eve; because she became the mother of all living." (Genesis 3:20)

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Again this is speculation the Bible doesnt say this its a guess plain and simple a guess only have a 50/50 % chance of being right You want to listen to men feel freebut to believe this guess you are accusing God of causing the first sin You can take the stand all day long that God had not declared incest a sin yet and you would still be wrong FIRST WAS THE WORD the word says incest is a sinGod is the same yesterday, today, and tomarrow. People only take this idea of incest because of men trditions not because God ever said it. IT IS NOT IN SCRIPTURE

bytheway

Jan 1, 2008
The word image in Gen. 1:27 refers to reflection of. 1Tim. 1:19 speaks to who we are through Him- Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisable. Physical form is not the point, after all God doesn't have bodily form, His essence is spirit. He imparted His nature to humankind. Think about it, we are also eternal, immortal and invisable (in the sense of our spirit) As to where cain got his wife and who she was, people have been arguing about that for centuries. It was obviously a sister. Adam and Eve certainly had more kids. Noah's bunch started it all over again post flood. God's powerful enough to suspend the curse of incest and that's what He did at least in Noah's day. Sometimes I think Christians hold God as limited in all that He is.....a small god trying to make sense of things on a human level. bty-

bytheway

Jan 1, 2008
The word image in Gen. 1:27 refers to reflection of. 1Tim. 1:19 speaks to who we are through Him- Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisable. Physical form is not the point, after all God doesn't have bodily form, His is spirit. He imparted His nature to humankind. Think about it, we are also eternal, immortal and invisable (in the sense of our spirit). As to where cain got his wife and who she was, people have been arguing about that for centuries. It was obviously a sister. Adam and Eve certainly had more kids. Noah's bunch started it all over again post flood. God's powerful enough to suspend the curse of incest and that's what He did at least in Noah's day. Sometimes I think Christians hold God as limited in all that He is.....a small god trying to make sense of things on a human level. bty-

poetboy

Jul 2, 2007
maaaan!!....*rubs his eyes*so much reading!...im intrigued by how much this discussion has taken place.first of all, im going to lean towards the post made by unorthodox: Genesis5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.this line actually opened my eyes. I never realized that the word "adam" was not exactly the man's name, but the term for the people. And before i move on, it's interesting to read that line by 1 Corinthians 15:45; speaking about the first adam, which is natural body, and the last adam which is by spiritok so, seeing the bible clearly states the above quote, it's obvious that unorthodox christian has a point here about man being formed as spiritual beings before being formed as flesh from the dust. But, Unorthodox christian, i think u missed the point that God made "them"..yes, there WERE other "adams" out there, which means other people. Because Kriss states:(kriss;29022)
and if you dont believe there were others outside the garden why dont you explain who Cain was afraid would kill him? why did God have to mark him wouldnt his siblings and Parents reconize him???
and this is true..who were the people that would kill him if they found him?..i believe there indeed were other "adams" that God created, and at this time they had not been mentioned, and i dont believe they were still in spirit form, but god formed all men into flesh after he made them.and you can all correct me if im wrong, but im tired rite now, and my eyes kinda hurt from so many words lol.also,People are saying that Cain married his sister, and nowhere in the chapters does it say that Cain had a sister, it only mentions him and abel, then it later mentions seth. But in the period of the time which seth was born, it might have been probable that other kids were not mentioned, but i believe so. I was looking for why it would be thought of as Cain's sister, but i dont believe there is anyone else, so it makes sense; just a thought.reading more, i find even more to wonder on, unsure if I actually have found the answer, but i believe we can only speculate further as someone stated john's scripture: "there is more meat i have which you have not seen", meaning that there is more scripture that was not inserted in the bible.

dgc

Nov 27, 2007
chew on Gen. 2:4-5 this is after the recap of "THE DAY that God created the earth and heaven" Day 1-6? "And no plant of the field was yet in the earth, and no herb of the field had yet sprung up for Jehova God had not caused it to rain upon the earth: AND THERE WAS NOT A MAN TO TILL THE GROUND." This recap is of the "generations of the heavens and earth." Revisited during the seventh day which started in verse 3.

John

Mar 31, 2007
You can take the stand all day long that God had not declared incest a sin yet and you would still be wrong FIRST WAS THE WORD the word says incest is a sinGod is the same yesterday, today, and tomarrow. People only take this idea of incest because of men trditions not because God ever said it. IT IS NOT IN SCRIPTURE
Kriss, Gods laws have changeddietary laws?capitol punishment laws? should we still put to death someone caught in the act of adultery or Idolatry or are we to share with them Jesusthese things don't mean God has changed. Incest was not a sin, if it was then Abraham would not of married his sister
And it only says 8 people survived that were of Christ bloodline it also says everything with the breath of life were in the ark it never says just animals do you think other races had the breath of life in them?
This brings to mind another questionIf you are right here and God save all the races, two of each kind, then how did they propagate. I mean to save the races they had to stay with there own kind, which means you still have incest, alot more incest
I don't believe God planed so poorly that he forced incest upon his very special creation The very bloodline that the savior of the World would come through.
but you believe God allowed Satan to have sexual relations with Adam and Eve also in the blood line of the savior, which I find a lot more disturbing

Agape

Dec 24, 2007
(Faithful;29171)
Who are you addressing?

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
Kriss,I find it amusing that you keep saying that we are reading beyond what is stated in scripture & believing "man" (even though the Bible plainly states that Adam was the first man & that Eve was the mother of the all living) - yet you've invented an entire race of people that are NOT mentioned at all. Quite the leap.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Peacebewithyou;29285)
Kriss,I find it amusing that you keep saying that we are reading beyond what is stated in scripture & believing "man" (even though the Bible plainly states that Adam was the first man & that Eve was the mother of the all living) - yet you've invented an entire race of people that are NOT mentioned at all. Quite the leap.
No he's NOT the first man. And yes there are other races of man. (Genesis 1:26-28) Eve is not the mother of all living as in everybody comes out of Eve. She is the mother of all living as it was the lineage of Christ to come through that is going to do the crushing on Satan's head.Have you not read that scripture...?... God is the God of the living, but He is not God of the dead. (Mark 12:27)For Cain's lineage is not of God, but of Satan, for they serve themselves.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
(Unorthodox Christian;29017)
@Kriss, if you notice Form and Made are very strong indications of the Order God created Things. When he created Male and Female Then, they weren't living, he had ordered them to be fruitful and Multiply, but they were the Seeds. In Genesis Two, those Seeds became Trees, Adam and Eve. He Made them first as Spiritual Beings, and in Genesis Two proceeded by FORMING them from the Dust of the Earth.In Genesis 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.In the Day Male and Female WERE CREATED he called them ADAM! Because EVE would eventually come out of Adam. That's why male and Female were Called Adam. Because Female came out of Man. If Incest were Wrong, then take the Jews for Example. They were forbidden to marry outsiders, so what do you think Transpired. There was no Pre-Adamic Race.
They were called Adam. What does the name mean? Adam ~ to show blood (in the face), i.e. to flush or turn rosy: - be dyed, made red, ruddyThat name doesn't fit all mankind. Note that the name Adam wasn't mentioned until Genesis 2:19....long after mankind (the 6th day creation) was created. Adam was the first Adamic man, the first in the line that led to our Saviour. They were referred to as "them" as Eve was part of Adam when he was formed. She was taken from him - note that the word "rib" can also be translated as "curve"......was the DNA, helix curve taken from Adam to form Eve? She was called the "mother of all living" as from her would come Christ and to live eternally you must believe in Him. She isn't called that because all humans actually came from her but that if you live spiritually she is your mother. So....others, mankind, were created on day six and they were hunters. Adam was formed on day eight to till the ground. Proof is as follows:Genesis 4:14 Behold, Thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from Thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me."17. And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.His wife could have been a sibling or she could have been from the 6th day creation. Who was the "everyone shall slay me?" Also he "builded a city" and that would require more residents than his immediate family............Whirlwind

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(whirlwind;29296)
(Unorthodox Christian;29017)
@Kriss, if you notice Form and Made are very strong indications of the Order God created Things. When he created Male and Female Then, they weren't living, he had ordered them to be fruitful and Multiply, but they were the Seeds. In Genesis Two, those Seeds became Trees, Adam and Eve. He Made them first as Spiritual Beings, and in Genesis Two proceeded by FORMING them from the Dust of the Earth.In Genesis 5:2Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.In the Day Male and Female WERE CREATED he called them ADAM! Because EVE would eventually come out of Adam. That's why male and Female were Called Adam. Because Female came out of Man. If Incest were Wrong, then take the Jews for Example. They were forbidden to marry outsiders, so what do you think Transpired. There was no Pre-Adamic Race.
They were called Adam. What does the name mean? Adam ~ to show blood (in the face), i.e. to flush or turn rosy: - be dyed, made red, ruddyThat name doesn't fit all mankind. Note that the name Adam wasn't mentioned until Genesis 2:19....long after mankind (the 6th day creation) was created. Adam was the first Adamic man, the first in the line that led to our Saviour. They were referred to as "them" as Eve was part of Adam when he was formed. She was taken from him - note that the word "rib" can also be translated as "curve"......was the DNA, helix curve taken from Adam to form Eve? She was called the "mother of all living" as from her would come Christ and to live eternally you must believe in Him. She isn't called that because all humans actually came from her but that if you live spiritually she is your mother. So....others, mankind, were created on day six and they were hunters. Adam was formed on day eight to till the ground. Proof is as follows:Genesis 4:14 Behold, Thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from Thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me."17. And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.His wife could have been a sibling or she could have been from the 6th day creation. Who was the "everyone shall slay me?" Also he "builded a city" and that would require more residents than his immediate family............WhirlwindGreat post whirlwind...except for one thing. It is not possible for Cain to marry his sister because he was banished from Adam & Eve.Genesis 4:14 - Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.