Genesis, the creation account, another Look

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are evidence in the creation account that can shed some light on many of the unknown works of God.

By understanding the scriptures clearly, and without deception, one can answer some debatable questions that arises from the Genesis creation account.

Many of us have our own preconceived, and mind made up outlook on the creation account, that's ok.

But what if our preconceived views were taught in error. Just think about it, what if we were taught wrong.

I’m going to put forth some evidence that will challenge your preconceived, or may I say, traditional views of the creation account.

Evidence #1. Man was Formed on day 3. if this is proved correct, the Darwin theory of evolution goes out the door, (Man did not come from animals). Not only is Darwin theory of evolution is now problematic, but the young earth theory is also put in a compromised position also.

Evidence #2. Adam and Eve had children inside the Garden before they had Cain and Able outside the Garden.

Evidence #3. the Earth is Older than the Sun and the Moon, or about, or near the same age?

Evidence #4. man who was form on day 3, and I believe this is what the bible is saying, then the man predates the sun and moon that was made to shine on the fourth day. note how this is said, "before they shined their light on the Earth". Meaning Man age is older than one think. hence the young earth theory is also compromised.

if proven correctly, three things are in a problematic and compromising position from traditional views.

A.The Sons of God in chapter 6.
B.The wife of Cain.
C.The two lines of descent from Adam and Eve.

This is just for starters in the creation account.

Some age old questions can be cleared up, Likewise some NEW QUESTIONS can arise.

Looking for a good discussion. and please understand my POSITION here. I believe science, but I believe God "FIRST" then Science. I believe Science is catching up to and proving God every day.

Here are some suggestive studies before we discuss.

"Mystery of Earth's Water Origin Solved"
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/...vesta-science/

"Much of Earth's Water Is Older Than the Sun"
https://www.space.com/27256-earth-wa...-than-sun.html

"Up to half of Earth’s water is older than the sun"
https://www.newscientist.com/article...-than-the-sun/

after closely studying these papers and the coming discussion a RENEWING of the MIND is in ORDER.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Evidence #3. the Earth is Older that the Sun and the Moon?
By a few days, so not of any great significance. But your other suggestions are not derived from the actual creation account. Both Adam and Eve were created on day 6, and they were cast out of Eden and then had children.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By a few days, so not of any great significance. But your other suggestions are not derived from the actual creation account. Both Adam and Eve were created on day 6, and they were cast out of Eden and then had children.
first thanks for the reply, but I must disagree with you there.

Let's examine 1 evidence at a time

the "FORMING" of Man what DAY?.

question, was the man "FORMED" on day 6, if so, post the scripture. I remind you "Formed" is not made or created.

but let me help you out. suggestion, One man was formed on day 3 and from that ONE man on day 6 God "MADE/CREATED" another man..... Woman... FEMALE. other words he created the Sexes or the Gender of MAN on Day 6.

from these postulate let's discuss, 1. Man made on day 3, and created the Gender day 6.

My evidence is from
Genesis 1:11 "And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

Genesis 1:12 "And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Genesis 1:13 "And the evening and the morning were the third day.

and revealed in
Genesis 2:4 "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

Genesis 2:5 "And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

Genesis 2:6 "But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

Genesis 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Chapter 2 is a detailed account of Chapter 1.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Key to understanding that man was "FORMED" on day three is the words, "Grass", "herbs", and "Trees" which all was brought forth on day 3.

in chapter 2 the detailed account of chapter 1, the key word here in the forming of man is "BEFORE". before the grass grew, day 3 in chapter 1, before the herbs grew, day 3 in chapter 1, before the Trees grew, day 3 in chapter 1.

BEFORE any of those thing grew, verse 7 "the LORD God formed man".

see, the grass, the herbs, and the tree connect Genesis 1:11 & 12 to Genesis 2:5 & 6.

read them again

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@101G

Nice meaty posts here....pleasure to read and ponder upon.

Watching this space. :)

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@101G

Nice meaty posts here....pleasure to read and ponder upon.

Watching this space. :)
thanks BG, but it get very intresting, get your popcorn out and put your seat bealt on. I have been doing some research on the creation and for the first time I believe we, (as Christian) can bridge the gap of Christianity and science.

SO YES KEEP YOUR EYE ON THIS POST.

may God richly bless you and your family.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
one other thing I want to say about Man, Animals, and the Woman before the discussion get off the ground.

because the MAN was alone... hence the forming of the animals, chapter 2, Genesis 2:18 "And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him".

this is where the animals came in at, listen, Genesis 2:19 "And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof".

here, clearly the MAN was here before the animals.
according to the account in Chapter 1:26 the man came after the animals. NO, ERROR, only the GENDER of FEMALE came after the animals. compare the scriptures..

only the forming of EVE, the FEMALE Man, came after the animals. compare it

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
thanks BG, but it get very intresting, get your popcorn out and put your seat bealt on. I have been doing some research on the creation and for the first time I believe we, (as Christian) can bridge the gap of Christianity and science.

SO YES KEEP YOUR EYE ON THIS POST.

may God richly bless you and your family.

Amen!!! It sounds excellent. :)

Im glad you were employing your time usefully ...that is good to hear.
You have my attention.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
question, was the man "FORMED" on day 6, if so, post the scripture. I remind you "Formed" is not made or created.
That's not for us to say. It is the account itself which must tell us if formed = made = created.

So here is the Scripture from Day 6. All you have to do is harmonize chapters 1 & 2 as below:

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness... And the LORD God formed [Heb yatsar = formed] man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul... And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made [Heb banah = fashioned or built] he a woman, and brought her unto the man... And God saw every thing that he had made [Heb asah = made or accomplished], and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Strong's Concordance
yatsar: to form, fashion
Original Word: יָצַר
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: yatsar
Phonetic Spelling: (yaw-tsar')
Short Definition: formed

Brown-Driver-Briggs
יָצַר verb form, fashion (Late Hebrew in participle יוֺצֵר potter, creator, and derivatives...

2 of divine activity:
a. (as a potter) forming Adam out of עפר from אדמה Genesis 2:7,8 (J), beasts and birds, also from אדמהGenesis 2:19

Everything in Genesis 1 & 2 is about CREATION -- supernatural acts of God -- no matter which Hebrew word is used. See the Ten Commandments (Exod 20:11).

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
, then the man predates the sun and moon that was made to shine on the fourth day. note how this is said, "before they shined their light on the Earth"

Why?

Genesis 1:3-4
[3] And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. [4] And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

“Let there be light”
Let there be truth.
Let there be Christ.
And God divided the truth from a lie. (The Spirit of Truth from the Spirit of error)

Psalm 97:11
[11] Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.

If man was created before the sun and moon...what was the “let there be light” in Genesis 1:3?

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not for us to say. It is the account itself which must tell us if formed = made = created.

So here is the Scripture from Day 6. All you have to do is harmonize chapters 1 & 2 as below:

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness... And the LORD God formed [Heb yatsar = formed] man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul... And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made [Heb banah = fashioned or built] he a woman, and brought her unto the man... And God saw every thing that he had made [Heb asah = made or accomplished], and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Strong's Concordance
yatsar: to form, fashion
Original Word: יָצַר
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: yatsar
Phonetic Spelling: (yaw-tsar')
Short Definition: formed

Brown-Driver-Briggs
יָצַר verb form, fashion (Late Hebrew in participle יוֺצֵר potter, creator, and derivatives...

2 of divine activity:
a. (as a potter) forming Adam out of עפר from אדמה Genesis 2:7,8 (J), beasts and birds, also from אדמהGenesis 2:19

Everything in Genesis 1 & 2 is about CREATION -- supernatural acts of God -- no matter which Hebrew word is used. See the Ten Commandments (Exod 20:11).

thanks for the response. but one problem,
did any breath of Life was given in the account there in Genesis 1:26. NO. so this is a separate account.

On Day 6 the Sexes was Created/made. not Man, but Man kind, Male and Female.

understand, only the Female was Formed on Day 6.

Pcy

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why?

Genesis 1:3-4
[3] And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. [4] And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

“Let there be light”
Let there be truth.
Let there be Christ.
And God divided the truth from a lie. (The Spirit of Truth from the Spirit of error)

Psalm 97:11
[11] Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.

If man was created before the sun and moon...what was the “let there be light” in Genesis 1:3?
First thanks for the reply.

Why, because MAN is the Image of God himself.

second, Light in Genesis 1:3, is not the same Light in verse 14 & 15.

Light: H215 אוֹר 'owr (ore) v.
1. to be luminous.
2. (causative) to make luminous.
{literally and metaphorically}
[a primitive root]
KJV: X break of day, glorious, kindle, (be, en-, give, show) light (-en, -ened), set on fire, shine.

THIS IS NOT NATURAL LIGHT, BUT KNOWLEDGE USED METAPHORICALLY WITH UNDERSTANDING. verse 3

H3974 מָאוֹר ma'owr (maw-ore') n-m.
מָאֹר ma'or (maw-ore')
מְאוֹרָה m'owrah (meh-o-raw') [feminine]
מְאֹרָה m'orah (meh-o-raw')
1. (properly) a luminous body or luminary.
2. (abstractly) light (as an element).
3. (figuratively) brightness, i.e.cheerfulness.
4. (specifically) a chandelier.
[from H215]
KJV: bright, light.

THIS IS NATURAL LIGHT , verses 14 & 15

PCY

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, before we get to Evidence #2, let’s get to the heart of Creation, CREATION itself.

THE BEGINNING. Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth”.

do God really tells us what happen in the beginning? Yes I believe so. And do God word conflict with today s science? I say NO.

Let’s examine this creation account closely, and get a full understanding.

This is for all the Christians who stand on the Word of God when discussing God word with the WORLD, especially those of the scientific world. Some words I will be using are of science in Nature but don’t worry you will be able to follow.

God and Science,
Genesis 1:6 "And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

Genesis 1:7 "And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

Many say that this is the forming of the atmosphere. I agree.

Supportive scripture of these firmament, 2 Peter 3:5 "For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water”

Genesis 1:8 "And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

The term firmament open the Word of God and is supported by Science.

Firmament: H7549 רָקִיַע raqiya` (raw-kee'-ah) n-m.
1. (properly) an expanse, i.e. the firmament.
2. (apparently) the visible arch of the sky.
[from H7554]
KJV: firmament.

But the root word is where the revelation lay,

H7554 רָקַע raqa` (raw-kah') v.
1. to pound the earth (as a sign of passion).
2. (by analogy) to expand (by hammering).
3. (by implication) to overlay (with thin sheets of metal).
[a primitive root]
KJV: beat, make broad, spread abroad (forth, over, out, into plates), stamp, stretch.

In definition #1 and #2 to pound the earth and to hammer the earth. What do this sound like to you in science. It sounds like the impact theory. Which describe what the definition Firmament: H7549 רָקִיַע raqiya` (raw-kee'-ah) means, to pound and to bombard see definition #1 & #2 above. This is exactly the process what sciences is saying today as to the forming of the Earth the moon and the planets also the sun. here we have scripture saying the same thing.

The dust and debris contained in the water that was frozen is now released in the friction of the impact or the bombardment of these frozen rocks of water with each other. And within these collision, read the paper on Mystery of Earth's Water Origin Solved.
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/...vesta-science/
We see that “ the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters”. Genesis 1:2

From Genesis 1:9 to verse 13 all the scientific evidence of Evaporation, Volatilization, and Deposition takes place.

Genesis 1:9 "And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so”. FROM LIQUID TO SOLID. Under certain circumstances, gas can transform directly into a solid. This process is called deposition. Water vapor to ice - Water vapor transforms directly into ice without becoming a liquid. With dust particle in ice, dust was the result of the melting of the Ice, from the heated core of the newly formed earth. This dust is not only layered but also compacted from as the definition states, hammering, or pounding, hence dry land as the scripture states “Appeared”.

Genesis 1:10 "And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

Evaporation: Evaporation happens when a liquid substance becomes a gas. When water is heated

Volatilization, The conversion of a solid or liquid into a gas; vaporization; evaporation or sublimation

Volatilization of solids in the broad sense includes any process which results in conversion of matter from the solid state to the vapor phase. Volatilization may occur in two principal ways. Solid may be converted into vapor by (1) evaporation, in which case the gaseous molecules formed consist entirely of atoms supplied by the solid, or (2) a chemical reaction between the solid and another species to form gaseous products. In the latter case the other species may be a gas, another solid, or a liquid.
Antonyms for volatilize is Accumulate, appear, gather, there we have it “and DRY LAND APPEAR”.

To better understand these processes one can examine many papers on these processes, this one do a good job for the average layman.
Physical Changes.
http://dl.clackamas.edu/ch104-02/physical_changes.htm

Just image all of this science is right in the Genesis account. And some of these sciences, we as the common man, is acquainted with like “distillation”.

PCY

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
second, Light in Genesis 1:3, is not the same Light in verse 14 & 1

Agree. But do they not go hand in hand? The first light(truth). Then the natural. Same as circumcision of the flesh and circumcision of the heart. One reveals the necessity of the other.

The first light (truth), then as you said the natural light after the creation of man. The natural light reveals man’s need for truth.

Revelation 21:23
[23] And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Revelation 21:27
[27] And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

“Whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie” does not enter into. The natural light of Genesis verses 14 and 15 no longer needed in face of God’s glory.(truth)(the Lamb).

You said why: because MAN is the image of God. What do you mean? What I am asking is: was MAN the light(truth) formed before the natural light because before the natural light, MAN displayed the Truth of God(light). Before a lie entered in. I hope that makes sense, what I am askingo_O or was the Lamb already that light with Adam?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree. But do they not go hand in hand? The first light(truth). Then the natural. Same as circumcision of the flesh and circumcision of the heart. One reveals the necessity of the other.

The first light (truth), then as you said the natural light after the creation of man. The natural light reveals man’s need for truth.

Revelation 21:23
[23] And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Revelation 21:27
[27] And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

“Whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie” does not enter into. The natural light of Genesis verses 14 and 15 no longer needed in face of God’s glory.(truth)(the Lamb).

You said why: because MAN is the image of God. What do you mean? What I am asking is: was MAN the light(truth) formed before the natural light because before the natural light, MAN displayed the Truth of God(light). Before a lie entered in. I hope that makes sense, what I am askingo_O or was the Lamb already that light with Adam?
any question asked make sense, only the one NOT asked makes no sense. as you know you can ask me any question.

No, man is not the true LIGHT. Adam who is the image of God is God representative here on EARTH. meaning Adam the Man stand in for God , for Colossians say all thing was made by him for him. unto Adam was given all authority, Adam was the god of this World. he had dominion, Genesis 1:28 "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth".

the Lamb was before Adam, before the foundation of the world. remember all time is one time for God.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
any question asked make sense, only the one NOT asked makes no sense. as you know you can ask me any question.

No, man is not the true LIGHT. Adam who is the image of God is God representative here on EARTH. meaning Adam the Man stand in for God , for Colossians say all thing was made by him for him. unto Adam was given all authority, Adam was the god of this World. he had dominion, Genesis 1:28 "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth".

the Lamb was before Adam, before the foundation of the world. remember all time is one time for God.

The first man was not the light.
The second was and is the light.

John 1:6-10
[6] There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. [7] The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. [8] He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. [9] That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. [10] He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

Thank you. I’ve more I could ask but I might get thrown off for such questions. I’m sorry if I disrupted your thread. Interesting thread, 101G.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The first man was not the light.
The second was and is the light.

John 1:6-10
[6] There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. [7] The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. [8] He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. [9] That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. [10] He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

Thank you. I’ve more I could ask but I might get thrown off for such questions. I’m sorry if I disrupted your thread. Interesting thread, 101G.
VJ this is why we're on this board to get information, if I can help I will so ask,

I'll be out for a few hours, but post your questions.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
VJ this is why we're on this board to get information, if I can help I will so ask,

I'll be out for a few hours, but post your questions.

I wouldn’t do that to you. Maybe I’ll start a separate thread later and ask the questions. so I won’t derail yours.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Genesis Account Chapter 1, with detailed account in chapter 2.

from the beginning through Day #1, a chronological detail
Day #1. The invisible, or the quantum physics world, from whence all visible matter exist.
supportive scripture, Romans 1:19 & 20 "Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse".

so the physical world we live in is made from the invisible world not seen.

Genesis 1:2 "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters".

the earth was in what science call the Gases/Liquid stage,
supportive scripture, 2 Peter 3:5 "For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water".

here is not NATURAL LIGHT, but God declearing his Glory for all to see.
Genesis 1:3 "And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.Genesis 1:4 "And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness".

Genesis 1:6 "And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
Genesis 1:7 "And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
Genesis 1:8 "And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
Genesis 1:9 "And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
Genesis 1:10 "And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

evaporation or sublimation, which are the processes of Volatilization. then the Accumulation in Deposition, hence the "APPEARANCE" of Land.

again to better understand these terms, I refer you to,
Physical Changes.
http://dl.clackamas.edu/ch104-02/physical_changes.htm

NOW DAY #3.
Genesis 1:11 "And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

Genesis 1:12 "And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Genesis 1:13 "And the evening and the morning were the third day.
we know Chapter 2 is a detail account of Chapter 1

Chapter 2 detailed account of chapter 1 DAY #3. verses 4-7
Genesis 2:4 "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

Genesis 2:5 "And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

EVERY HERB: means grass, herb of all variety.

EVERY PLANT: means every plant, shoot, shrubbery, bush, as well as trees.

Genesis 2:6 "But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

Genesis 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Now, how do we know that chapter 2 verses 4-7 is referring to chapter 1 verses. BECAUSE ON DAY 3 IN CHAPTER 1 THE "GRASS", THE "HERBS", AND THE "TREES GREW". that's how we know that this detail is DAY #3.

so before the "grass" grew, before the "herbs" grew, before the "plants" grew, God "FORMED" man from the dust of the ground.

that's straight forward.

so man was here before the plants and the animals.

Day #Four, the Sun and the Moon, with the Stars.
Genesis 1:14 "And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
Genesis 1:15 "And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
Genesis 1:16 "And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
Genesis 1:17 "And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
Genesis 1:18 "And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
Genesis 1:19 "And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

the Sun and the Moon, with the Stars. supportive scripture, Job 38:6 "Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

Job 38:7 "When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
these are not referring to angels as many think no, and again I say NO, but these metaphors are referring to the actual stars , the Sun and the Moon, which i can prove by scripture.

Day #5. Sea, and Air animals.
Genesis 1:20 "And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
Genesis 1:21 "And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
Genesis 1:22 "And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
Genesis 1:23 "And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

Sea, and Flying animals, first then the Land animals.

Day #6. the Forming of the Land animals, AND THE "FEMALE", THE WOMAN.
Genesis 1:24 "And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
Genesis 1:25 "And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

let's see where this detailed account is at in chapter #2.
Genesis 2:18 "And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

Genesis 2:19 "And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
STOP RIGHT THERE, IF GOD "FORMED" THE ANIMALS AND THEN BROUGHT THEM TO THE MAN, DEDUCTIVE REASONING WILL TELL ONE THAT THE MAN WAS HERE BEFORE THE ANIMALS. read that verse again.

Genesis 2:20 "And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

because the MAN was "ALONE" hence the reason why the animals was "formed". but no suitable help meet was found for the man, so now God put the man to sleep and "FORM" the woman. the SEXES are come into play. here is the difference between man DAY #3. and WOMAN DAY #6.

Adam/man: H121 אָדָם 'Adam (aw-dawm') n/p.
1. (person) Adam the name of the first man.
2. (location) a place in Israel.
[the same as H120]

Now, Adam/Mankind: H120 אָדָם 'adam (aw-dawm') n-m.
ruddy i.e. a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.).
[from H119]
KJV: X another, + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person.

see the diffrence? H121 is the single man, where H120 is the species, mankind, meaning "male" and "female". both have the name "Adam", supportive scripture,
Genesis 5:1 "This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

Genesis 5:2 "Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created".

Adam or Man H120 is mankind, including both male and female. for woman came out of man.
scripture, Genesis 1:26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth".

the IMAGE of God is a "OUR" or ANOTHER, which Adam means, see H12. the IMAGE of God is ANOTHER of himself. this is the "Forming" of woman, the FEMALE. the sexes was CREATED on day #6.

on Day #6, came the Land animals, then the Woman, this is the six day order.

Hope this helped.

Just remember the MAN was formed first, supportive scripture, 1 Timothy 2:13 "For Adam was first formed, then Eve". BINGO, THERE IT IS.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.

Chapter #2.

Now that we have the basic of creation down, an a overall chronological detail of the account, let's continue.

6 DAY was the creation period, but we have a BIG question, "Are the creation DAYS actual 24hr. days, or longer?".

I believe this, to God the days was only a reference point for us to UNDERSTAND what he in did chronological detail, for all time is one time for God who is eternal. so DAYS are reference to God God for our understanding. now, how do we really understand these reference points "FROM" OUR point of view. let the bible speak,

Genesis 2:1 "Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

Genesis 2:2 "And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

Genesis 2:3 "And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Genesis 2:4 "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens".

first clue, in verse 4 it states "Generations" with a "s" at the end many many generation, but also notice it said in "a" day. ONE CREATION DAY = Many of our GENERATION. just stop and think, how do you get a generation in a single day, the answer...... a Creation DAY is not a 24hr day, or a 24hr solar day.

even the evidence in the creation account itself states that, listen,

Genesis 1:14 "And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

Genesis 1:15 "And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

Genesis 1:16 "And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

Genesis 1:17 "And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

Genesis 1:18 "And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

Genesis 1:19 "And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

the reason for the Sun and the moon was created to give us the 24hr solar day, and for seasons and signs, but notice there was not made until the 4 CREATION"DAY". so clearly the 24hr solar day was not in effect from CREATION "DAY" one.

side note: after the finishing of the creation, all the effect that the sun and the moon had on the earth was set in motion. a. first the spinning of the earth itself. for without this spinning, or rotation one could not get a 24hr. solar day. b. by this spinning, or rotation of the earth on its axis's, hence we have the scientific term precession, which causes the seasons. and by its Orbits, the earth, the moon, and the sun, we have signs.

so right in the measure of days, or may I say solar days, we have confirmed scientific terminology of 1. orbit, and in these orbits we have 2. trajectory, which declare signs and wonders. HOW? this is what scientist call pedigree and Apogee. yes all of this science is right here in the bible. these trajectory of the moon and the sun in their pedigree and Apogee produce what we see as eclipses of both. again the bible is confirmed by science.

Also we have the position of the stars, with the movement of the earth and the sun, we have in science what we calls “astronomy” its all there right in the creation account.

so a creation "DAY" is not a 24hr solar day, but an undetermined amount of time in our reference frame, GENERATION(S)

one other side note: the Light they give is both concretely, as well as abstractly.

PCY.