Genesis - The True Story of the Beginning....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
but Hebrew translation like the Stone Edition translates to "Heavens" and not "Heaven" as in KJV

Shamayim is a natural plural. Just as panim [face] and mayim [water]. Been a while since I have even thought of the SET.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First thanks for the explination,
One in Unity is used in the case of Gen. 2:24, when the husband and wife are called One (echad) Flesh by God. The use of the Hebrew word "echad" (One) in the text... is only possible in the sense of Unity... as Collective One - A Mystical Union from Heaven.
a unity consist of TWO parts, and this is the ERROR here, a person is not two parts, so you have two Gods, again polytheism.
Gen 2 (KJV)
v23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
V24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
GOOD, the woman is Another, or as the Greeks say, G243 Allos which means a numerical difference of the same "SORT". the woman came from the man. same SORT, meaning same NATURE. and the word Adam means "ANOTHER" here.

H120 אָדָם 'adam (aw-dawm') n-m.
ruddy i.e. a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.).
KJV: X another, + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person.

this is exactly what the Lord Jesus is the "ANOTHER" of the Holy Spirit in Flesh. the "equal" Share of himself in flesh (see Phil 2:6).

but your trinity doctrine is not a unity, nor the share of another. you error in title vs persons. this is bared out in 1 John 5:7 & 8. but is exposed in Revelation 1:4 & 5.

so a unity or a trinity are still no excuse for the truth that God is only "ONE" person who shared, or diversified himself in flesh. simple truth.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shamayim is a natural plural. Just as panim [face] and mayim [water]. Been a while since I have even thought of the SET.

well he was using some of his reasoning based on "Heaven" thinking that it isn't "heavens" and without going into it I just showed that the Hebrew translation is Heavens. thanks for the info.

4Pillars

Dec 20, 2013
Maryland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First thanks for the explination,

a unity consist of TWO parts, and this is the ERROR here, a person is not two parts, so you have two Gods, again polytheism.

GOOD, the woman is Another, or as the Greeks say, G243 Allos which means a numerical difference of the same "SORT". the woman came from the man. same SORT, meaning same NATURE. and the word Adam means "ANOTHER" here.

H120 אָדָם 'adam (aw-dawm') n-m.
ruddy i.e. a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.).
KJV: X another, + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person.

this is exactly what the Lord Jesus is the "ANOTHER" of the Holy Spirit in Flesh. the "equal" Share of himself in flesh (see Phil 2:6).

but your trinity doctrine is not a unity, nor the share of another. you error in title vs persons. this is bared out in 1 John 5:7 & 8. but is exposed in Revelation 1:4 & 5.

so a unity or a trinity are still no excuse for the truth that God is only "ONE" person who shared, or diversified himself in flesh. simple truth.

And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Mar 15:34

Following 101G... illogical assumption.... I wonder who Jesus was referring to as his God.... himself????

Oh well ... it's off the topic anyway.

God bless

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Mar 15:34

Following 101G... illogical assumption.... I wonder who Jesus was referring to as his God.... himself????

Oh well ... it's off the topic anyway.

God bless
first thanks for the response. How ignorant can you be, have you not read. my God, is MY SPIRIT..:p
it's a possession. listen, let me give you some understanding. when in Flesh as the share or the diversity, or the offspring, he is says my Father he is really saying "MY Spirit" because it is his Spirit. in heaven when the Spirit/Father says "my son". he is saying my Body/Flesh. Oh how easy is diversity.

4Pillars

Dec 20, 2013
Maryland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Richard_oti said:
well he was using some of his reasoning based on "Heaven" thinking that it isn't "heavens" and without going into it I just showed that the Hebrew translation is Heavens. thanks for the info.

Okay, we are back to the topic... thank you...

The word heaven (shamayim) is used to indicate Air and Sky as well as the heaven/firmament where Jesus is today, physically.

Strong's gives us the various usage of the words used in Scripture however, which usage of these words used is the view of mere mortal men. Some, who study these words, give more credence to man's views than God's views. A good example is that the word heaven can be used to mean air, heaven/universe, or the sky.

I am certainly not a Hebrew scholar, but I would point to the meaning of "Heaven" as shown by Strong's.

08064 shamayim {shaw-mah'-yim} dual of an unused singular shameh
{shaw-meh'}

from an unused root meaning to be lofty; TWOT - 2407a; n m

AV - heaven 398, air 21

Both meanings show that the word is Singular, and this agrees with the rest of Genesis Chapter 1. Gen. 2:4-5 show us that the other "Heavens" (Plural) were formed on the 3rd Day.

Those people who rely on studying these ancient words REFUSE to accept the fact that these words have more than one meaning and only those who have been born again Spiritually can possibly understand the meaning of the words and which definition the Holy Spirit used when He authored Genesis from within the men who penned them. 1Co 2:14

God bless

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Richard_oti said:

The word heaven (shamayim) is used to indicate Air and Sky as well as the heaven/firmament where Jesus is today, physically.

Strong's gives us the various usage of the words used in Scripture however, which usage of these words used is the view of mere mortal men. Some, who study these words, give more credence to man's views than God's views. A good example is that the word heaven can be used to mean air, heaven/universe, or the sky.

I am certainly not a Hebrew scholar, but I would point to the meaning of "Heaven" as shown by Strong's.

{shaw-meh'}

AV - heaven 398, air 21

Both meanings show that the word is Singular, and this agrees with the rest of Genesis Chapter 1. Gen. 2:4-5 show us that the other "Heavens" (Plural) were formed on the 3rd Day.

Those people who rely on studying these ancient words REFUSE to accept the fact that these words have more than one meaning and only those who have been born again Spiritually can possibly understand the meaning of the words and which definition the Holy Spirit used when He authored Genesis from within the men who penned them. 1Co 2:14

God bless
overall good point.

4Pillars

Dec 20, 2013
Maryland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
4Pillars said:

first thanks for the response. How ignorant can you be, have you not read. my God, is MY SPIRIT..:p
it's a possession. listen, let me give you some understanding. when in Flesh as the share or the diversity, or the offspring, he is says my Father he is really saying "MY Spirit" because it is his Spirit. in heaven when the Spirit/Father says "my son". he is saying my Body/Flesh. Oh how easy is diversity.

Is that right???

IF Jesus' God is his Own Spirit according to your distorted view.... then, who did Jesus commend the Spirit of his Father to... before he died on the cross... to himself again? :)

Read below:

And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend MY SPIRIT: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

Oh well... May the good Lord hopefully share you more wisdom and understanding... you really need it.

God bless

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF Jesus' God is his Own Spirit according to your distorted view.... then, who did Jesus commend the Spirit of his Father to... before he died on the cross... to himself again?
you have no clue to Diversity. not being argument do you know what diversity is, biblically speaking? Proverbs 18:13 "He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him".

4Pillars

Dec 20, 2013
Maryland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
4Pillars said:
Is that right???

IF Jesus' God is his Own Spirit according to your distorted view.... then, who did Jesus commend the Spirit of his Father to... before he died on the cross... to himself again? :)

Read below:

And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend MY SPIRIT: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

Oh well... May the good Lord hopefully share you more wisdom and understanding... you really need it.

God bless

you have no clue to Diversity. not being argument do you know what diversity is, biblically speaking? Proverbs 18:13 "He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him".

Diversity of what, how to make circular argument and confuse others? I thought you're very good at it. Nice try though. :)

Good night and God bless. Amen?

4Pillars

Dec 20, 2013
Maryland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Book of Genesis tells us that God has but 7 Days. He has 6 Creative Days in which He labors to bring His Creation to Perfection. At the end of the 6th Day or Age, God gives man to eat of Every tree, including the Tree of Life (Rev 22:2). God also gives ALL animals to eat herbs as meat. (Gen.1:29-30)

This Prophecy is Future because mankind has NEVER eaten of Every Tree and there has NEVER been a time when ALL animals were vegetarians. The Prophecy of Genesis 1:29-30 has NOT yet happened, which means that we remain in the 6th Day.

When YHWH told Adam that he would surely die IN THE DAY he disobeyed. Adam did Not die physically within 24 hrs. for he lived to be 930 years old, as shown in Gen 5:5. Adam did not die Spiritually because God doesn't make mistakes and those who are born Spiritually are born Eternally.

Did Satan tell A&E the Truth, and YHWH lie to them? There is only One way the LORD can be right, and that is for Today to be the 6th Day.

All mankind has lived and died on the present 6th Day of Creation. God will Not rest until His Creation is made Perfect... Only then, on the 7th Day, God will rest and cease from ALL his work which He created and made. The 7th Day of Genesis has no end = Eternal.

Isa 46
v9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, v10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure.

God bless

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
let me give you a clue. know the Word "OF" the prepositions. what do it do? answer, of translates the genitive case of nouns, with various shades of meaning. Of these the subjective and objective revealed. example Spirit "of" God. what do that mean? the Spirit "of" God is God who is a Spirit. now, do God almighty have a "spirit" lowercase "s" in spirit?, let's see. Joel 2:28 "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions". now is "spirit" here the Holy Spirit? yes....... if you say no I suggest you read Acts, 2:16, and read vers 17 and see how "Spirit" is used, with cap "S.".

Oh the beauty of Diversity. but you have no clue. but read, ok.

Last edited:

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Richard_oti said:

{shaw-meh'}

AV - heaven 398, air 21

God bless

nope that would be the second day according to scripture

in the beginning note heaven not capitalized :

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

on the second day He made the firmament He called Heaven: hence the name of the firmament. that is different from what God created in the beginning. the firmament is actually a gas hence matter where as space "heaven" is a vacuum or void of matter

Gen 1:7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

the text is in front of you, and you don't get that much clear.

4Pillars

Dec 20, 2013
Maryland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nope that would be the second day according to scripture

in the beginning note heaven not capitalized :

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

on the second day He made the firmament He called Heaven: hence the name of the firmament. that is different from what God created in the beginning. the firmament is actually a gas hence matter where as space "heaven" is a vacuum or void of matter

Gen 1:7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

the text is in front of you, and you don't get that much clear.

Misunderstanding.... Below is a Repost.

In Genesis 1:1 The Invisible Almighty God Father first CREATED the elements needed..... in order for his Son to Physically make/form the heavens and the earth with his own hands.

In the context of Genesis 1:1-2, I see the narrative as saying:

In the beginning God Created the heaven (Air) and the Earth (Ground). And the Earth (Ground) was without form, (Dust) and void; (Empty) and darkness was upon the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

The 3 elements necessary for all physical form are shown... Air, Dust, and Water. Everything which is physical is composed of these 3 elements. The text is correct in showing that the water was not directly created, or spoken into being, because it consists of elements of the Air or Atmosphere. Water is Hydrogen and Oxygen and came from the Atmosphere and is not shown as a separate creation.

This is correct in today's scientific knowledge, but IF the Scriptures were written by Ancient men, Moses would not have known this. He would have written that in the beginning God created the Air, Dust, and Water, but since God Himself is the Author, He correctly shows that the Atmosphere and Ground were created, and the Water was not a separate creation but instead, came from the Atmosphere.

The actual formation of the firmament called Heaven started only on the second day (Gen 1:7) NOT Gen 1:1

My view was influenced by the Scriptural Fact that Scripture speaks of THREE Heavens.

The first Heaven was in the midst of water and later destroyed in a Flood.
The second Heaven is our present world, which is scheduled to be burned.
The third Heaven is the object of the Creation, contains a single city with streets of gold and gates of pearl, and it will never die (Rev.21).

Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavenS (Plural) and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

The first heaven was made the SECOND Day. Genesis 1:6-8
The second heaven was made the THIRD Day. Genesis 2:4
The third heaven was is also made on the THIRD Day. Genesis 2:4

Do you see the Plurality of Shamayim in Genesis 2:4, LITERALLY speaking?

God bless

Last edited:

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
In Genesis 1:1 The Invisible Almighty God Father first CREATED the elements needed..... in order for his Son to Physically make/form the heavens and the earth with his own hands.

In the beginning God Created the heaven (Air) and the Earth (Ground). And the Earth (Ground) was without form, (Dust) and void; (Empty) and darkness was upon the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Bere'shit 1:1 is an introductory statement.

<snip>

The actual formation of the firmament called Heaven started only on the second day (Gen 1:7) NOT Gen 1:1

The raqiya` is the extended surface or expanse.

<snip>

Do you see the Plurality of Shamayim <snip>

Shamayim is always plural in the text. It is sky, the visible heavens, the abode of 'Elohim.

Cognates:

Phoenician : SMM
Old Aramaic : SMYN
Syriac : shemaya
Samaritan : SVMYA
Ugaratic : SMN
Arabic : sama'
Ethiopian : samay
Akkadian : shamu

In comparing all of the above, the original meaning was probably high place or height.

Aramaic and Syriac : heaven, sky, but are also height, highest part, ceiling, roof.

Arabic sama' : was high ; was lofty
Akkadian shamai : roof

4Pillars

Dec 20, 2013
Maryland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Making of the first Heaven - Adam's World... My theory based on the Scripture.

God tells us He made a firmament or boundary of the first heaven on the 2nd Day. Genesis 1:6-8 This defines heaven since God called the firmament Heaven.

The firmament was empty, containing air only.... We are told in the New Testament that it was "in the water and out of the water" which indicates that it was floating in water. 2 Peter 3-5 KJV

..... God spins the water from under the firmament and brings it into the enclosure.

Gen 1:9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place,....

..... The water is contained in the bottom of the Biosphere.

..... and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

Gen 1:10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

We know that God spun the water to bring it into the firmament because He called the waters "Seas" which in Hebrew means a roaring, the sound made when the waters were twisted in order to bring them into the Biosphere.

The solid dry land was placed into the firmament and was on top of the water, with the sky above. This Earth, the Earth of Adam, was FLAT. It's highest point is only about 22 1/2 feet above sea level, Gen 7:20 while our world/earth’ highest elevation is some 29k ft. above sea level.... Their entire World/Earth had only 4 Rivers while our present World has thousands of Rivers all over the face of the earth, indicating it was much smaller than our Earth.

Is there any wonder that ancient man believed the stories of a Flat Earth? Put dry land on top of water in an enclosed Biosphere and you will also find that Genesis 1:9-10 describes a Flat Earth. It's the Flat Earth of Adam which was "clean dissolved" in the waters of a Universal Flood. Isaiah 24:19

God bless

Last edited:

4Pillars

Dec 20, 2013
Maryland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isa 24:18-20 is speaking of Noah’s Flood - is like a double edge sword - since this is obviously the account of the 1st Earth being clean dissolved in water when the windows of their heaven were opened. It's speaking of Adam's world being completely destroyed in water during the Flood.

However, it is also set up as a Snare or Trap....to catch those willingly ignorant unbelievers of this last days.

Here’s the context of the snare or a trap, below.

Isa 24:18 And it shall come to pass, that he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake. v19 The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly. v20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.

Scoffers of the last days will NOT believe that all the inhabitants thereof (except those in the Ark)... together with the 1st Earth were totally destroyed / dissolved in the flood....

2Pe 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: v6 Whereby the world (Greek-Kosmos) that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: (Greek-destroyed, totally)

These verses from the Old and New Testament confirm that Adam's world, the world that then was, was totally destroyed in the Flood..... and that the heavens and earth which are now, will also be dissolved by fire.

Scoffers, of the end of time, will choose to be "willingly ignorant" of this event which Isaiah describes. In fact, the same word (”dissolved” )- is used again and kept in store to describe the upcoming prophecy of the new heaven and earth which are now, reserved for fire - and will melt and shall be “dissolved” , by its fervent heat.

2Pe 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store ("dissolved") , reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

2PE 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

God bless

4Pillars

Dec 20, 2013
Maryland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mystery of Noah’s Flood:

The Flood and it's consequences, as told in Genesis, is truly an amazing story. It's a terrific mystery, when unraveled, displays the Supreme Intelligence of our God and tells us of our True Origins.

In order to understand the Flood, one must understand the following:

The world of Adam was an enclosed Biosphere much smaller than our world, which was totally surrounded by the firmament which protected it from the water into which it was placed. Gen 1:6-8

Adam's Earth was NOT on a Rocky Planet, like our present Earth, since it was "clean dissolved" in the Flood, and rocks don't dissolve in water. Isa 24:19

Noah and the Ark were 22 1/2 ft (15 cubits) above the highest elevation of Adam's Earth on the 150th Day after the Flood began. At this depth the mountains of that Earth were covered in water. Gen 7:20

On the SAME 150th Day after the Flood began, the Ark rested upon the mountains of Ararat. Gen 8:4

That's one of the mysteries. HOW could the Ark be in both places on the SAME Day?

God bless

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Misunderstanding.... Below is a Repost.

The 3 elements necessary for all physical form are shown... Air, Dust, and Water. Everything which is physical is composed of these 3 elements. The text is correct in showing that the water was not directly created, or spoken into being, because it consists of elements of the Air or Atmosphere. Water is Hydrogen and Oxygen and came from the Atmosphere and is not shown as a separate creation.

This is correct in today's scientific knowledge, but IF the Scriptures were written by Ancient men, Moses would not have known this. He would have written that in the beginning God created the Air, Dust, and Water, but since God Himself is the Author, He correctly shows that the Atmosphere and Ground were created, and the Water was not a separate creation but instead, came from the Atmosphere.

My view was influenced by the Scriptural Fact that Scripture speaks of THREE Heavens.

The first Heaven was in the midst of water and later destroyed in a Flood.
The second Heaven is our present world, which is scheduled to be burned.
The third Heaven is the object of the Creation, contains a single city with streets of gold and gates of pearl, and it will never die (Rev.21).

Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavenS (Plural) and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

The first heaven was made the SECOND Day. Genesis 1:6-8
The second heaven was made the THIRD Day. Genesis 2:4
The third heaven was is also made on the THIRD Day. Genesis 2:4

Do you see the Plurality of Shamayim in Genesis 2:4, LITERALLY speaking?

God bless
a good Repost, and a good spiritual eye. this reminds me of what the apostle Peter said, 2 Peter 3:5 & 6 "For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished". your report is a good example of what the apostle Peter was saying. if you don't mind may I used this report. I would like to study it.

Peace in Christ Jesus

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@4Pillars, Haven't been keep up with this topic, but will watch it. I'm interested in a one of the thing in your creation account. U said, "Adam's Earth was NOT on a Rocky Planet, like our present Earth, since it was "clean dissolved" in the Flood, and rocks don't dissolve in water. Isa 24:19".
the NONE Rocky Planet?, I must disagree. as you said, MOUNTAINS was there, the ark landed on one. and mountains are made up of rocks, and other materials. and we know that minerals, make up rocks. we have scripture where minerals was used before the flood. Genesis 4:22 "And Zillah, she also bare Tubalcain, an instructer of every artificer in brass and iron: and the sister of Tubalcain was Naamah". these metals are found in ores solid materials called minerals, usually occurring in rock. so if these people was extracting these metals which comes from ROCKS, then there was rocks on the planet before the flood.

Please explain your position on the rocks. thanks in advance.

Reactions: Helen