Get your head around this! God started with nothing, and in the end, there will be more nothing than He started with (blank?)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So this is just one of those novel concepts, that reflects the wisdom of God found in Ecclesiastes. Ecclesiastes (from memory) says "as it was in the beginning, so it will be in the end". This includes what God started with (the "nothing" that God started with). God started with nothing, so in the end there will be nothing again - "this world will be burned with fire" (letters, from memory). The only difference will be that there will be more nothing, in the end, than there was in the beginning. In the beginning, God caused "nothing" to grow; but in the end, that nothing will only keep growing!

Like I said, its a novel concept, it's not meant to substitute the truth, but complement it - to remind ourselves, the time is fleeting, Salvation is at hand, we will not always have the opportunity to worship and serve God that we have now. I hope this has been of some encouragment.

God bless.

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

So this is just one of those novel concepts, that reflects the wisdom of God found in Ecclesiastes. Ecclesiastes (from memory) says "as it was in the beginning, so it will be in the end". This includes what God started with (the "nothing" that God started with). God started with nothing, so in the end there will be nothing again - "this world will be burned with fire" (letters, from memory). The only difference will be that there will be more nothing, in the end, than there was in the beginning. In the beginning, God caused "nothing" to grow; but in the end, that nothing will only keep growing!

Like I said, its a novel concept, it's not meant to substitute the truth, but complement it - to remind ourselves, the time is fleeting, Salvation is at hand, we will not always have the opportunity to worship and serve God that we have now. I hope this has been of some encouragment.

God bless.
But God didn't start with nothing...

At the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth, the earth was without form - void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

It says here He started with something formless - "waters"

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But God didn't start with nothing...

At the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth, the earth was without form - void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

It says here He started with something formless - "waters"
Yes but who created the waters?

The point is, God was always there - imagine His Glory!

Reactions: Lambano

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm not sure it's necessary for them to be created. God Himself isn't.
They either exist or they don't - you are making this harder than it needs to be?

I take your point, what God creates is important, but you must remember that the order in which He creates, is a divine mystery worth exploring.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Almighty eternal God is and has everything!!!! and God wants to share with His family!!!

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They either exist or they don't - you are making this harder than it needs to be?
I think I'm making it easier. I'm requiring less answers.

We can ask the question "where did it come from?" an infinite number of times. Eventually we have to get back to a point where Someone or something is uncreated and eternal.

We believe God is uncreated and eternal - the Someone.

I'm just pointing out that "in the beginning" of Genesis 1, "waters" already exist. God doesn't start with nothing. He gives shape to a something. Perhaps that something is also uncreated and eternal, and we don't need to ask "where did it come from?" One less question.

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something eternal besides God? Hmmm...
I know it's not orthodox, but if you read Genesis 1:1 the way scholars have recently, that's what it says...

At the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth, the earth was formless - void. And the Spirit of God hovered over the surface of the waters.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

God bless.
Sure,why not? It stands to reas

When we end,our bodies return to the dust which God created. Our souls return to God who gave it to us.

It stands then that all that God created,every thing, is of God, so it would also return to God who created it.

This world and its distractions are impermanence, and illusion.