• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I went into the 7th grade I was picked on, bullied and beat up repeatedly.
One day in PE they took us in a room with a Universal Machine and we started lifting weights. I could bench press more than anyone else. Someone told me they could still beat me up .
There was a weight set at home and I started working out with it, push ups and jogging.
I didn’t know what I was doing I just worked until I couldn’t do anymore. My father told me I needed a book to show me what to do but I couldn’t find one.
A year later I flew to Georgia to visit relatives and when I landed and went through the airport there was Arnold Schwarzenegger’s book The Education of a Bodybuilder.
I started buying magazines too and found out about Mike Mentzer’s high intensity training.
By the 9th grade I was a different person. The second week of school someone started a fight with me and I hit him so hard that his eye swelled shut.
After that I was popular. That’s what every kid wants. I got in a lot of fights that year but after that 10th through 12th grade I didn’t have to fight anymore,
Lifting weights was a way of life for me. I never competed but I got pretty strong for someone who didn’t use steroids.
My best lifts were Bench Press 405 x 5, Squats 405 x10, 315 x 20, Leg Press 1,000 x 10, Dumbbell Curls 80 x 10, One Arm Rows 120x 20
Lifting weights helped me with my career in law enforcement and security.
6 years ago I got remarried and moved 70 miles from my job and had to commute. There was no room for my equipment so I had to sell it.
I gained 100 pounds over the years.
Three months ago I started working out again and I have lost 40 pounds. I’m trying to lose another 40 by December and then a total of 100 in a year or less.
I started with DDP Yoga because it has a program for people that are completely out of shape. I started using the X3 Bar and band system, a Total Gym and Dumbbells. I have an adjustable bench.
I recommend DDP Yoga if you’re out of shape or have limited mobility.
The X3 band system is great if you don’t have a lot of space. I put everything in a duffel bag and store it out of the way when I finish working out
Update: I’ve lost 55 pounds so far. I need to lose 45 more in 6 months to reach my goal.

Last edited:

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One day in PE they took us in a room with a Universal Machine and we started lifting weights. I could bench press more than anyone else. Someone told me they could still beat me up .
There was a weight set at home and I started working out with it, push ups and jogging.
I didn’t know what I was doing I just worked until I couldn’t do anymore. My father told me I needed a book to show me what to do but I couldn’t find one.
A year later I flew to Georgia to visit relatives and when I landed and went through the airport there was Arnold Schwarzenegger’s book The Education of a Bodybuilder.
I started buying magazines too and found out about Mike Mentzer’s high intensity training.
By the 9th grade I was a different person. The second week of school someone started a fight with me and I hit him so hard that his eye swelled shut.
After that I was popular. That’s what every kid wants. I got in a lot of fights that year but after that 10th through 12th grade I didn’t have to fight anymore,
Lifting weights was a way of life for me. I never competed but I got pretty strong for someone who didn’t use steroids.
My best lifts were Bench Press 405 x 5, Squats 405 x10, 315 x 20, Leg Press 1,000 x 10, Dumbbell Curls 80 x 10, One Arm Rows 120x 20
6 years ago I got remarried and moved 70 miles from my job and had to commute. There was no room for my equipment so I had to sell it.
I gained 100 pounds
Three months ago I started working out again and I have lost 40 pounds. I’m trying to lose another 40 by December
I started with DDP Yoga because it has a program for people that are completely out of shape. I started using the X3 Bar and band system, a Total Gym and Dumbbells.
The X3 band system is great if you don’t have a lot of space. I put everything in a duffel bag and store it out of the way when I finish working out

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gained 100 pounds
Three months ago I started working out again and I have lost 40 pounds. I’m trying to lose another 40 by December
I started with DDP Yoga because it has a program for people that are completely out of shape. I started using the X3 Bar and band system, a Total Gym and Dumbbells.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Reactions: MatthewG

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have some issues in my back that cause severe nerve pain in my left leg. 2 weeks ago I had radio frequency ablation. They said it would take 10 days to 3 weeks to work.
After 12 days the pain just vanished.
Even on good days I was limping now the leg is pain free. I pray that it stays this way.
I did 4 20 minute DDP Yoga workouts and 3 30 minute resistance training workouts this week on my off days. I work 3 and 1/2 days then have 3and 1/2 days off. It’s a great schedule.
The resistance training is on the Total Gym, X3 Bar Gym and free weights. It’s brief, intense workouts lasting about 30 minutes. Wednesday was Chest, Thursday Back and Friday Shoulders and Arms. Legs get worked during DDP Yoga. I did DDP Yoga workouts Wednesday Thursday Friday and Saturday.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
started out on a mat with DDP Yoga then moved to a chair and have been doing workouts in a chair. I finished those and started the standing workouts.
It’s quite a workout. I never would have thought you could get a good workout with stretching, lunges, flexing and holding positions but I was drenched with sweat after 30 minutes.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

RLT,

we use to have one, wish we still did...

That is one heck a good machine for home use.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
RLT,

we use to have one, wish we still did...

That is one heck a good machine for home use.
Yes. The one I have will hold a 350 pound person. I was 340 when I started. I will be using mine a lot more often when the weather cools down. It’s in the garage and it’s hot so I’m using the X3 more right now because I can use it inside in the AC.
The Total Gym is great for upper body.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have alot of natural strength God gave me. I worked out too. I'm gymnastically inclined too. But my my motto has been; No pain, Good.
Also, as you get older, 65, its harder. But after all, when getting into shape, round is a shape.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have alot of natural strength God gave me. I worked out too. I'm gymnastically inclined too. But my my motto has been; No pain, Good.
Also, as you get older, 65, its harder. But after all, when getting into shape, round is a shape.
LOL. I will be 60 in December. I know what you mean.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Getting Back in Shape​

I've heard of shape shifting and watched folk go from slim and trim to the standard shape....large as a barge. Why they would wanna go there beats me! :Oh no:

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Getting Back in Shape​

I've heard of shape shifting and watched folk go from slim and trim to the standard shape....large as a barge. Why they would wanna go there beats me! :Oh no:
I often wondered why when I lost weight that I allowed myself to gain it back

Reactions: Lambano

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have a problem with motivation? You want to workout but don’t feel like it?
I have found I get the most motivation just by starting. Just do one set. When you finish that set it’s most likely you’ll feel ready to workout.
I keep a journal (Day One Calendar app) and I remind myself of my goals and what working out will do for me and use different techniques to motivate myself but the best motivation is just starting.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and MatthewG

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have a problem with motivation? You want to workout but don’t feel like it?
I have found I get the most motivation just by starting. Just do one set. When you finish that set it’s most likely you’ll feel ready to workout.
I keep a journal (Day One Calendar app) and I remind myself of my goals and what working out will do for me and use different techniques to motivate myself but the best motivation is just getting started
The books The War of Art, Turning Pro and Do The Work are great for motivation. The War of Art gets into some areas a Christian might object to but the part about Resistance is great

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Rlt63,

At my moms house she got this row boat exerciser,

And she also gave me a workout hand book dealing with just working out with body weight and also with some weights journal book,

My mucles are sore from yesterday and also this morning i cant do a lot because just starting out but it does help make one feel better and release dopamine in your brain.Screenshot_20230811-171823.png

Reactions: BlessedPeace

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It wasnt hard to start its just hard to make sure you dont over do it.

It seems you gitta be careful yiu can hurt yourself my muscles hurt and its just from body weight.

Found a good neck exercise diagram for those who may have some weak necks.