Getting Grace Right

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You did not post verse. You paraphrase to your liking.
So you both say I guess, but I can certainly provide the Source easily enough. I am not the one saying Enoch went to heaven, which cannot be Quoted Bc it is not true, see; I am the one Quoting directly, "no one has ever gone up to heaven..." and you are the one disputing it?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Why don't you just spell out what you believe instead of taking pot shots at Christians?
If you believe that you might become an immortal and go up to heaven after you have literally died you are not a Christian at all, but a Mithraist, as I have never been shy about stating I don't think. And not that I mean to play this part up or anything, but you tagged me to get this little fur-ball rolling, ok

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
bbyrd keeps harping on these points and I have explained the passages he has "cited" (including putting the proper citation on them) in another thread--the--John the Baptist water baptism thread. When he got no sales on his point of view, he came over to this thread to pester Christians.
Ah, and what exactly was this "his point of view" iyo?
Bc I'm pretty sure I have never even tried to provide any interpretation whatsoever
on those direct Quotes from Scripture.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you believe that you might become an immortal and go up to heaven after you have literally died you are not a Christian at all, but a Mithraist, as I have never been shy about stating I don't think. And not that I mean to play this part up or anything, but you tagged me to get this little fur-ball rolling, ok

You don't even know what a Mithraist is.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So you both say I guess, but I can certainly provide the Source easily enough. I am not the one saying Enoch went to heaven, which cannot be Quoted Bc it is not true, see; I am the one Quoting directly, "no one has ever gone up to heaven..." and you are the one disputing it?

And you bend it to say what it does not say. I already explained to you the context for that statement. We are not buying what you are selling. Jesus said that He was going to prepare a place for us "in the Father's House" which is heaven. You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ah, and what exactly was this "his point of view" iyo?
Bc I'm pretty sure I have never even tried to provide any interpretation whatsoever
on those direct Quotes from Scripture.

Of course you did--you slyly insinuate and imply--but your point of view is obvious.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And you bend it to say what it does not say. I already explained to you the context for that statement. We are not buying what you are selling. Jesus said that He was going to prepare a place for us "in the Father's House" which is heaven. You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures.
ha well maybe not, but I know where the kingdom of heaven is I guess. Ty for all of your "explaining" BoL, and have a nice day ok, gotta run

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Only you can't repeat it at the moment right.
I could but, I'd rather not as it appears to be wild speculation, on your part and I don't want to be spreading it on what is a Christian website.
No offense but could you go bother someone else for a while, ty

Take your own advice, please.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually that is true until we learn true humility and become mature. This is what God is looking for in us.....the full stature of Christ...which is actually being small...
I think I disagree with you there, brother. The Lord gives grace to the humble; and therefore if we are humble and mature, we will be recipients of grace.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think I disagree with you there, brother. The Lord gives grace to the humble; and therefore if we are humble and mature, we will be recipients of grace.

I'm not speaking here of a way of reasoning but of an actual visitation from God that takes us into His life. Only God can judge that standard of humility. Again, if we consider ourselves humble are we not just being as self-righteous as they who claim to be justified by their own faith?

Reactions: faithfulness

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The work of a man becoming humble would have to be a work of the Holy Spirit. I'm not saying I'm there (though I have joked in the past about receiving an award for humility and pinning it up on my wall); but I think that we must allow the word of the Lord to work within us as we continue to abide in His word: as we continue to seek Him for inward change; responding in a positive manner to the Holy Spirit when He convicts us of such things as pride.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The work of a man becoming humble would have to be a work of the Holy Spirit. I'm not saying I'm there (though I have joked in the past about receiving an award for humility and pinning it up on my wall); but I think that we must allow the word of the Lord to work within us as we continue to abide in His word: as we continue to seek Him for inward change; responding in a positive manner to the Holy Spirit when He convicts us of such things as pride.

Sure. But some people are just naturally more humble than others....because they don't take themselves so seriously. Unfortunately, most believers get quickly indoctrinated into thinking they are God's special emissary to earth...so they get puffed up in their carnal minds. It makes for a lot of drama and a lot of dishonour to God.

Better to remain dependent on God....and not draw any quick conclusions whereby we take ourselves so seriously.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I need to remember to ask the Lord to give me the words to say every time I post; it might solve everyone a lot of heartache if we all did this.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sure. But some people are just naturally more humble than others....because they don't take themselves so seriously. Unfortunately, most believers get quickly indoctrinated into thinking they are God's special emissary to earth...so they get puffed up in their carnal minds. It makes for a lot of drama and a lot of dishonour to God.

Better to remain dependent on God....and not draw any quick conclusions whereby we take ourselves so seriously.

Yes, we flawed humans seem to come into this world with greater or lesser degrees of wanting to be "our own boss". I wonder if God is as amused by us as we are by a two-year-old who insists, "No! I do it myself!" ;) Of course, we are not so amused when our fourteen-year-old, tells us, "Butt out! It's my life and I will live it my way."

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is. 26:10 Let favour (grace) be shewed to the wicked, yet will he not learn righteousness: in the land of uprightness will he deal unjustly, and will not behold the majesty of the Lord.

I see people having strange ideas concerning grace. God is love...He is good. But that same God will also judge. Simply because God shows us favour (grace) in this time of grace that does NOT mean He approves of us. God gives sunshine both to the righteous and the wicked. This is not about us...but about His generosity.

But many take His generosity for approval or acceptance by God...calling this "grace." And these claim that a one time grace from God is worth a lifetime of iniquities. But look again at the verse above...

God gives us a chance to turn from iniquity and to learn righteousness. But I see so many using grace as an excuse to NOT change their ways.

Grace is in indeed "deceitful" (Prov. 31:30)...for those who misunderstand God's goodness for approval.

Without real holiness in our lives and walks none shall see the Lord.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is. 26:10 Let favour (grace) be shewed to the wicked, yet will he not learn righteousness: in the land of uprightness will he deal unjustly, and will not behold the majesty of the Lord.

I see people having strange ideas concerning grace. God is love...He is good. But that same God will also judge. Simply because God shows us favour (grace) in this time of grace that does NOT mean He approves of us. God gives sunshine both to the righteous and the wicked. This is not about us...but about His generosity.

But many take His generosity for approval or acceptance by God...calling this "grace." And these claim that a one time grace from God is worth a lifetime of iniquities. But look again at the verse above...

God gives us a chance to turn from iniquity and to learn righteousness. But I see so many using grace as an excuse to NOT change their ways.

Grace is in indeed "deceitful" (Prov. 31:30)...for those who misunderstand God's goodness for approval.

Without real holiness in our lives and walks none shall see the Lord.
Isaiah 26:10 New International Version (NIV)
10 But when grace is shown to the wicked,
they do not learn righteousness;
even in a land of uprightness they go on doing evil
and do not regard the majesty of the Lord.

And again you neglect the fact we are saved by faith through the grace of God.

You keep going back to legalism.

Proverbs 26:11 New International Version (NIV)
11 As a dog returns to its vomit,
so fools repeat their folly.