Getting Grace Right

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or at least in your own mind it is...so that makes it real for you. I think you are obsessive. That is a problem when trying to communicate with others. You are unable to chill out...because you are looking for demons everywhere. And you re-enforce that fear by thinking your actions are being successful

I have a bear stick. The proof that it works is that there are no bears here. Sounds like how you think.
It's not like I'm typing out my signature by hand every time I post, my friend.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's not like I'm typing out my signature every time I post, my friend.

But it's kind of like having to look at it. it adds to your obsessive quality. If you think that's edifying for others...like it is for you ?? But then you are warding off evil spirits...right?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But it's kind of like having to look at it. it adds to your obsessive quality. If you think that's edifying for others...like it is for you ?? But then you are warding off evil spirits...right?
I think it must be having the desired effect because you are offended by it...it has been said that when you throw a rock into a pack of wild dogs, the dog that barks the loudest is the one that got hit. ;)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think it must be having the desired effect because you are offended by it...it has been said that when you throw a rock into a pack of wild dogs, the dog that barks the loudest is the one that got hit. ;)

I didn't even read it...it's just a tacky thing that makes it hard to read your posts. But if you feel vindicated because you think you have flushed out evil...

Reactions: justbyfaith

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't even read it...it's just a tacky thing that makes it hard to read your posts. But if you feel vindicated because you think you have flushed out evil...
I find that hard to believe...curiosity in the heart of man is not easily pushed off. And there is more to the fact that you want me to delete it than that it is just tacky to you. I think that you did read it and are doing what I have also seen you do before...backtracking in order to save face.

You lied about your belief that Jesus isn't the only way in order to save face, which I then showed to be a lie by quoting your own words.

So why am I to believe now that, contrary to human nature, you didn't even read my signature?

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So much confusion...because there is such a lack of understanding over the differences between things. when you lump things together you get a tangle.

Who is going to untangle the gospel for people.....that are indoctrinated into error?
Who indeed, but God? He make provision for us but we must come to Him with the nothing that we are and let Him take it from there. Some people are unwilling to let go of what they believe is important. Sometimes all we can do is pray that God will open their eyes as the prophet did for his blind servant in the OT.

We, as Christians have a calling that is NOT for everyone. The bible says...MANY are called. But the tangled people think that is....ALL are called. So just this is enough to throw people off. They are not careful to learn what the bible is testifying of. Not careful at all.
Probably some of those who really are called have to first go through a painful period, like Saul did when he was a faithful Pharisee and thought he was a faithful follower of God. Then Saul met Jesus on the road to Damascus and his eyes were opened to see and there after we notice that he is called Paul. Saul/Paul was tangled, but God straightened him out.

Reactions: faithfulness

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People who don't enter in through faith in Jesus and his shed blood...Muslims, Buddhists, etc. are not saved/born again/redeemed.

Do you agree or disagree with that statement?

Why do you put pressure on a believer to answer a question which likely many, if not most, Christians could not answer without reservation. The following verse shows us the direction to go in order to please God:

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" Heb 11:6

What is faith? How do we get some of it?

What is the shed blood of Jesus? Where is it so we are able to access it?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why do you put pressure on a believer to answer a question which likely many, if not most, Christians could not answer without reservation. The following verse shows us the direction to go in order to please God:

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" Heb 11:6

What is faith? How do we get some of it?

What is the shed blood of Jesus? Where is it so we are able to access it?

God doesn't test us beyond what we are capable of. But He does expect our full effort. Until that happens God willnot make a move towards us...and I'm talking about a person who has been a believer for awhile.

The blood of Jesus is the LIFE of Jesus. We partake of His blood as we partake of His life. The life is in the blood.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God doesn't test us beyond what we are capable of. But He does expect our full effort.
Yes, all that we have and all that we are capable of is what He expects even though those alone will not get us to the end of our course with Him.

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service." Rom 12:1

Until that happens God willnot make a move towards us...and I'm talking about a person who has been a believer for awhile.

"I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase." I Cor 3:6
The blood of Jesus is the LIFE of Jesus. We partake of His blood as we partake of His life. The life is in the blood.

What is this blood of Jesus? If we fail to drink it, do we have any Life at all? To me it sounds like the Holy Spirit? It makes the connection between all of the parts of the Body of Christ and the Head which is Jesus. It removes the garbage and filth and brings in proper nourishment.

"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him." John 6:53-56

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, all that we have and all that we are capable of is what He expects even though those alone will not get us to the end of our course with Him.

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service." Rom 12:1

"I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase." I Cor 3:6

What is this blood of Jesus? If we fail to drink it, do we have any Life at all? To me it sounds like the Holy Spirit? It makes the connection between all of the parts of the Body of Christ and the Head which is Jesus. It removes the garbage and filth and brings in proper nourishment.

"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him." John 6:53-56

The Holy Spirit has more than one faculty. Eating the flesh of Jesus is to feed on His word....so that Jesus is within us. Drinking His blood is to partake of His life. We do this by entering INTO Him.

So then eating is about Christ in us...and drinking is about abiding in Christ...us in Him.

So then "abide in Me and I in you."

That is how bear an eternal kind of fruit...to the praise and glory of His name.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit has more than one faculty. Eating the flesh of Jesus is to feed on His word....so that Jesus is within us. Drinking His blood is to partake of His life. We do this by entering INTO Him.

So then eating is about Christ in us...and drinking is about abiding in Christ...us in Him.

So then "abide in Me and I in you."

That is how bear an eternal kind of fruit...to the praise and glory of His name.
The Holy Ghost in a person is the quickening Spirit that brings to Life the good things of God within us.

A person reading the Bible with the wrong attitude or spirit receives no Life from it. The example of this is the sincere atheist who reads a Bible only to enable him to trip up ignorant people who say they are Christians. It could also be a Christian who in the moment he reads the Bible his mind is not on the Lord and the things of the Lord, but is strongly distracted by what he plans to do later to please his flesh. [This is what apostle Paul would call quenching the Spirit.]

On the other hand a person with the Holy Ghost dwelling in him reading the same scriptures with his heart open and focused on God will be given what God has for him...

"Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." II Cor 3:5-6

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Holy Ghost in a person is the quickening Spirit that brings to Life the good things of God within us.

A person reading the Bible with the wrong attitude or spirit receives no Life from it. The example of this is the sincere atheist who reads a Bible only to enable him to trip up ignorant people who say they are Christians. It could also be a Christian who in the moment he reads the Bible his mind is not on the Lord and the things of the Lord, but is strongly distracted by what he plans to do later to please his flesh. [This is what apostle Paul would call quenching the Spirit.]

On the other hand a person with the Holy Ghost dwelling in him reading the same scriptures with his heart open and focused on God will be given what God has for him...

"Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." II Cor 3:5-6

The merry go round is that a lot of people have Christ IN them but no 2 people seem to agree on anything.

So then the born again experience is incomplete.

It is incomplete without also entering into Christ.

So people will try to rationalize away the entrance into Christ ...their whole lives.

If we were truly to be dependent on God...would we not seek His face?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The merry go round is that a lot of people have Christ IN them but no 2 people seem to agree on anything.

So then the born again experience is incomplete.

It is incomplete without also entering into Christ.

So people will try to rationalize away the entrance into Christ ...their whole lives.

If we were truly to be dependent on God...would we not seek His face?
Indeed this is what David did and what Solomon explained:

"When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek." Psalm 27:8

"Where there is no vision, the people perish... " Prov 28:18

Apostle Paul clarified as to where we are and where we should be going:

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Indeed this is what David did and what Solomon explained:

"When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek." Psalm 27:8

"Where there is no vision, the people perish... " Prov 28:18

Apostle Paul clarified as to where we are and where we should be going:

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

Exactly! :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People who have received the Lord disagree on things because they too often have a mixed message... as you have said, incomplete. It contains truth, but due to periodically or regularly quenching instead of always following the Spirit, some of their own conclusions are included. Thus as we see there are hundreds and thousands of denominations and beliefs all based on the same verses of scripture. If each one really continues to seek His face they will end up where God wants them to be. Too many have decided that on some things they have it as it should be and refuse to seek or to listen... even what saith the Lord.

Lots of mixed messages around, even mine. But... I do continue to seek His face. I have a vision, but how clear is it?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
People who have received the Lord disagree on things because they too often have a mixed message... as you have said, incomplete. It contains truth, but due to periodically or regularly quenching instead of always following the Spirit, some of their own conclusions are included. Thus as we see there are hundreds and thousands of denominations and beliefs all based on the same verses of scripture. If each one really continues to seek His face they will end up where God wants them to be. Too many have decided that on some things they have it as it should be and refuse to seek or to listen... even what saith the Lord.

Lots of mixed messages around, even mine. But... I do continue to seek His face. I have a vision, but how clear is it?

Amen...preach it brother. :)

The character of a man is known by his word. A man who is a liar will assume everyone is also a liar. We tend to judge others as WE ARE ourselves.

So then it is for us to learn to NOT speak unless God has clearly shown us...just like he showed the prophets in the bible. THEN we can know it is true....but not before.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen...preach it brother. :)

The character of a man is known by his word. A man who is a liar will assume everyone is also a liar. We tend to judge others as WE ARE ourselves.

So then it is for us to learn to NOT speak unless God has clearly shown us...just like he showed the prophets in the bible. THEN we can know it is true....but not before.

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:" Ecc 3:1

A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;" Ecc 3:7

"But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil." Matt 5:37

"For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body." James 3:2

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Grace and effort are not synonymous. One does not work for a gift. But they do go hand in hand. It is when we are not filled with grace that the effort must come. Grace teaches us how we ought to be. But we are not always "under" grace. To think that is to be religious....and that is error. Rather there are times when God looks to see if we have learned anything from Him. Then it is we who must act with love....by choice. If we do that then we have not frustrated the grace of God. The Spirit is our coach in life. Grace is the power of God that shows us who God is in action.

Reactions: bbyrd009

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If there is any time that we are not under grace, you can be sure that we will blow it...our only hope of overcoming sin in life is through the grace of our Lord.

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
...Who clearly instructed his disciples to empty their pockets and walk out their front doors with no spares and go to another town, stay in one house, and eat what they feed you, right. Is grace getting anyone out that door, or is it the feet? lol

Reactions: Nancy