God’s love not sensual love

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I went back and reread this . By grace you SPOT ON RIGHT my friend .
SENSUAL LOVE IS exactly as you described it .
HAS GOD really said ...................now who ya think first said that . THE SERPENT .
Has GOD really said ONE must BELIEVE on THE SON . NAY NAY says the serpent
GOD IS LOVE . As the serpents makes VERY BROAD the path to GOD
under the guise of another jesus , another gospel and a false love that embraces sins and errors
BUT TAKE NOTE , IT SURE AS HECK dont embrace TRUTH , CORRECTION , REMINDERS OF TRUTH .
YE MUST BE TOLERANT said the serpent
OPEN YE MINDS , TAKE GOD OUT of the box , aka the bible , HE IS REAL BIG
HIS LOVE IS HUGE and yet all the while the serpents love contradicted TRUTH and used truths of of text to support lies .
OH , my friend I KNOW GOD IS HUGE . HIS LOVE IS great . BUT by grace i know this
GOD AINT GONNA CONTRADICT TRUTH . SO IF HIS LOVE DOES , THEN OOPSY , IT AINT LOVE , IT AINT COMING FROM GOD
either . IF LOVE CONTRADICTS TRUTH . AND YET THE CHARITY IN THE BIBLE SAID IT REJOICES IN TRUTH .
THAT OUTTA TELL US SOMETHING .
shouldnt it . IF CHARITY dont rejoice in inquity and yet we are embracing and rejoicing IN INQUITY , GUESS what
IT AINT CHARITY . IF it behaves itself unseemingly IT AINT CHARITY .and thus IT AINT COMING FROM GOD EITHER .
YET i see a love that seems to call evil what is good and sure as heck seems to be calling good that which is evil .
WHICH , you GUESSED IT , means its serpent dark love , its of the world , its earthly sensual and devilish .
You know how evil get a foot hold in , WHEN WE STOP HEEDING the ORIGINAL PATTERN That CHRIST and the apostels taught us ,
WELL ITS GETTING IN and will leaven the place up . TIME to return to the biblical pattern
time to learn the things of the LORD and its time to test all men against THAT TRUTH .
Written by @amigo de christo

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Marveloustime,

God is love, is not sensual love. It's agape love, defined in 1 Corinthians 13. Amigo may have many good words to say, and I love him as a brother and am glad he got over his sickness during his times of trouble praise be to Yahava, however there scriptures that should be paid attention spoken by Jesus.

Luke 6:36-42​

Jesus speaking to his chosen Apostles - before or during the crowds that start to come around following them up on the mountain​

36 You must be compassionate, just as your Father is compassionate.

Do Not Judge Others​

37 “Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn others, or it will all come back against you. Forgive others, and you will be forgiven. 38 Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.[c]”

39 Then Jesus gave the following illustration: “Can one blind person lead another? Won’t they both fall into a ditch? 40 Students[d] are not greater than their teacher. But the student who is fully trained will become like the teacher.

41 “And why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye[e] when you have a log in your own? 42 How can you think of saying, ‘Friend,[f] let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,’ when you can’t see past the log in your own eye? Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend’s eye.

1 John 4:7-21

God Is Love​

7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. 10 In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.
13 By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. 14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. 15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16 So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. 17 By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so also are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. 19 We love because he first loved us. 20 If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot[a] love God whom he has not seen. 21 And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother.

1 Corinthians 13

The Greatest Gift​

13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.
4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.​

Reactions: Lambano

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is nothing wrong with sharing your faith in the Lord God, and the Son of God/Son of Man, Jesus of Nazareth whom was God with us named Emmanuel. There is nothing wrong with sharing what the bible says, in contextual form. There is nothing wrong with be able to share your love for the Lord, and encourage people by and through prayers and also to encourage them to seek out God.

However, God doesn't force anyone to accept him. God doesn't force people who come to him, to accept him and have a relationship with him through his son. God allows people to have freedom of choice, and that is a good God, and it has been that way since the beginning, even as far as Angels in heaven had a choice to accept his love or deny his love.

People may think Jesus is all loving, caring, and wonderful however though he is the Word of God in the flesh, who was God. That did not stop him from being hard on religious pharisees, yes he was very hard on the leadership in his day. However, when he was confronted with questioning from saduccess, also he simply pointed them to the scriptures and what they say. One can also simply use nature for an example of the good news.

However if one goes about - shouting from the roof tops "YOU SINNERS YOU BETTER TURN AND REPENT BECAUSE YOU ARE GONNA BE DESTROYED", or "YOU GAYS OR WHATEVER GONNA BURN IN HELL FOR ETERNITY"

What does the bible say about those things?

Yes it does speak about people going and having part in the lake of fire. (How you are able to explain it depends on your knowledge of whom God is and what he is about.)

That is why in Hebrews 11:6 - while its impossible to please God without faith, one must believe that he is, and those who seek him out diligently He will reward them - Reward them with what? Spiritual knowledge by the holy spirit the more they seek HIM out.

But is that something that may be needed to be brought up immediately with someone, or are actions as christians lead by the spirit more profitable at the time, to bring up a parable of something Jesus spoke about?

That is up to you, as the spirit guides.

That is why the intrinsic value of the information of the bible in all of it's wholeness is profitable to seekers of truth.

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Marvelloustime
Amigo is correct. Sensual love is flesh pleasing, which wars against the Spirit of God.

The HS desires to produce his fruit within believers but can be resisted, quenched and grieved.

Evil and all it's abominable desires is of satan. He took what God calls his love, that not any should perish, and has turned it into, UR, accept the sinner but hate the sin, we aren't to judge ect.ect.

All the while good is being pushed into the background, ie, love between a man and a woman, family and our children's protection, the truth in God's word, making light of sin and it's eternal consequences.

May God have mercy on the unbelieving that buy into the lies of satan!

Reactions: Nancy

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I went back and reread this . By grace you SPOT ON RIGHT my friend .
SENSUAL LOVE IS exactly as you described it .
HAS GOD really said ...................now who ya think first said that . THE SERPENT .
Has GOD really said ONE must BELIEVE on THE SON . NAY NAY says the serpent
GOD IS LOVE . As the serpents makes VERY BROAD the path to GOD
under the guise of another jesus , another gospel and a false love that embraces sins and errors
BUT TAKE NOTE , IT SURE AS HECK dont embrace TRUTH , CORRECTION , REMINDERS OF TRUTH .
YE MUST BE TOLERANT said the serpent
OPEN YE MINDS , TAKE GOD OUT of the box , aka the bible , HE IS REAL BIG
HIS LOVE IS HUGE and yet all the while the serpents love contradicted TRUTH and used truths of of text to support lies .
OH , my friend I KNOW GOD IS HUGE . HIS LOVE IS great . BUT by grace i know this
GOD AINT GONNA CONTRADICT TRUTH . SO IF HIS LOVE DOES , THEN OOPSY , IT AINT LOVE , IT AINT COMING FROM GOD
either . IF LOVE CONTRADICTS TRUTH . AND YET THE CHARITY IN THE BIBLE SAID IT REJOICES IN TRUTH .
THAT OUTTA TELL US SOMETHING .
shouldnt it . IF CHARITY dont rejoice in inquity and yet we are embracing and rejoicing IN INQUITY , GUESS what
IT AINT CHARITY . IF it behaves itself unseemingly IT AINT CHARITY .and thus IT AINT COMING FROM GOD EITHER .
YET i see a love that seems to call evil what is good and sure as heck seems to be calling good that which is evil .
WHICH , you GUESSED IT , means its serpent dark love , its of the world , its earthly sensual and devilish .
You know how evil get a foot hold in , WHEN WE STOP HEEDING the ORIGINAL PATTERN That CHRIST and the apostels taught us ,
WELL ITS GETTING IN and will leaven the place up . TIME to return to the biblical pattern
time to learn the things of the LORD and its time to test all men against THAT TRUTH .
Written by @amigo de christo
There is no such thing as sensual love. The definition of love is wanting what's best for someone or something. Sensuality has nothing to do with love. It is a selfish desire that is physically driven. Love is a spiritual thing not physical.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@dev553344,

You may find this interesting brother, 7 Greek Words for Love | Well+Good, there are found 7 different words for love itself.
God defines what love is not mankind. And that fact is very important for us to understand.

A man can also have sensual desires for his wife and that can be lawful and good. I'm very critical when people talk down on the sacred relationship between a man and his wife. Adam and Eve were the first to form into the union of one body. It is sacred and ordained by God himself.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is true, Devin, I agree with you.

That is how God sees marriage. I wish I would known that as a child... that God sees marriage when man and woman have sexual relations... I would have probably been more cautious about my decisions... however I was never taught that, and made terrible decisions and hurt all my wives, that never been given a slip of divorcement... praise Yahava, and the Lord Yeshua that sins are taken away and we are washed his blood, and wrapped in his clothing...

There is 7 greek words though for different kinds of love, but as I shared in post #2, that is Agape love, which God is, though to be part of the kingdom of God and get to him is through the Father.

Love you to you brother, hope your friend is doing okay, gotta grab a shower and go help my mom at her work place.

May all have a good day,
See ya,
Matthew

Sep 27, 2021
Norco
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However you want to interpret “love” it is shown by action towards the other party.
I'm sure this can be shown better but some verses that come to mind:

God showed love in action of dying for us:

John 3:16: “For God “so” ("so" ( οὕτως) in the this verse means “in this way”) loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life”​

We love God back in our action of obedience to Him:

1 John 2:3,4 “And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.”​

Also - God may benevolently love the world/sinners but the love for His saved is different:

John 17:9 “I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.”​
Psalms 5:5 “The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.” (workers of iniquity = "sinners")

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is no such thing as sensual love. The definition of love is wanting what's best for someone or something. Sensuality has nothing to do with love. It is a selfish desire that is physically driven. Love is a spiritual thing not physical.
The love of the world is lust, and it is selfish.

1 John 2:16
For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world.
1 John 2:17
And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.