God and political parties

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is the one who controls the course of world events and who puts rulers in their place and removes rulers from their place. I truly believe Him when He says that. Quite aware it makes me look and sound stupid to many. Don’t care. I believe it.
I am with you on this!

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed, we should not so very deeply involved in Politics (the "cares" of this world). God ordains every person who is put in position, for good or bad. And, this would include those like Hitler and the like so, it is not that God will always put a Godly person in office, as He also puts the evil in there too.
Far as I am concerned, we pray for them, follow the laws of the land and pay our taxes. JMO.
People effectively get what they ask for... even though they may not have spoken the words with their mouths!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're not supposed to condemn people to Hell, for instance, but we ARE supposed to DISCERN.
Correct discernment comes from God alone! If everyone who calls himself Christian correctly discerns all of the time, why is there so much disagreement among them?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, I meant "godless" (tenor of the thread) and of course that should be cool with you because as you posted on Page 1 I think "
"They don’t know what they are doing, just as we didn’t either before God called us."
And even when a person is called by God, he has growing to do. There are babies and small children among us as well as mature believers and so many somewhere in between. This is why ultimately God alone can be our fair judge!

Reactions: Cassandra

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's fine, as long as they're willing to listen. A lot of rabid atheists will simply mock you. As Jesus said, don't waste your time with them.

Understood yet, I was speaking of "showing" love and compassion. We should not speak unless God gives opportunity.
1 Peter 3:15

“But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:”

I saved your video to "watch later" :)

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is anyone understanding the obvious Satanic agenda behind politics and the danger of turning political beliefs into idolatry?

There is a danger of great division between churches and the people who need the Lord. And some of you, not all, but some will not even teach the gospel to people who need it the most, simply because you disagree with them.

We have to be careful in our approach, and especially to be careful to follow this side or that side, follow Christ! Do what the Bible teaches.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is anyone understanding the obvious Satanic agenda behind politics and the danger of turning political beliefs into idolatry?

There is a danger of great division between churches and the people who need the Lord. And some of you, not all, but some will not even teach the gospel to people who need it the most, simply because you disagree with them.

We have to be careful in our approach, and especially to be careful to follow this side or that side, follow Christ! Do what the Bible teaches.

Amen !

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, I meant "godless" (tenor of the thread) and of course that should be cool with you because as you posted on Page 1 I think "
"They don’t know what they are doing, just as we didn’t either before God called us."

I didn’t think the tenor of the thread was godless…it started with an op asking if concerning political parties, shouldn’t we forgive our enemies? I don’t take that as godless…

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Absolutely. But it's not just politics. It's everything. There are so many Godless people in the world. They're oblivious to the fact that they're spiritually blind and deaf.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is the one who controls the course of world events and who puts rulers in their place and removes rulers from their place. I truly believe Him when He says that. Quite aware it makes me look and sound stupid to many. Don’t care. I believe it.

Doesn't look or sound stupid to me sister. I'm with you 100% here...God knows what He is doing and nothing will stop His plans. He said it so, why is it so hard for some Christians to pull themselves away from politics!!! Go vote folks, try to find an honest pol.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I doubt that any Christian correctly discerns everything all of the time.
Precisely, which is why judgement belongs to God who always discerns everything correctly about everyone!

Apostle Paul admonishes us to 'pray without ceasing' for failing in that too often we are led by our own carnal ways an thus miss out on God's needed direction:

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps" Jerem 10:23

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why is it so hard for some Christians to pull themselves away from politics

I've always enjoyed history. And politics IS history, history in motion.

It's GOOD for Christians, and everyone else, to be informed and knowledgeable about things affecting their communities so that we can vote accordingly. I wish MORE people truly followed "politics" and would work to learn the TRUTH. If they did that, we wouldn't have the MONOLITHIC amount of corruption and incompetence that is endemic throughout the federal government.

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precisely, which is why judgement belongs to God who always discerns everything correctly about everyone!

Apostle Paul admonishes us to 'pray without ceasing' for failing in that too often we are led by our own carnal ways an thus miss out on God's needed direction:

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps" Jerem 10:23

I encourage you to listen to this pastor's short sermon.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I try to share as often as possible. With that said, most of the people that "need it the most" are the ones most unwilling to hear it.
Hi K9,
You are right, most will NOT be willing to hear it. But, they cannot ever say they did not hear and will have kaput to stand on, other than their filthy rags. We can give the gospel and if received, wonderful! If not, don't toss those pearls to swine. Shake off the dust and move on. Jesus spoke to EVERYONE and, He KNEW most would not receive.

Reactions: K9Buck

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I encourage you to listen to this pastor's short sermon.

I listened to the most of the sermon but I heard nothing new. I understand your point and his point, but perhaps you do not understand mine.

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;" Ecc 3:1,7

The yea or the nay is to be from God alone. God is merciful knowing our frailties and stumblings, but eventually we should get to a better place. What does it mean to grow? Who is supposed to always be leading us? Who actually is always leading us?

Status
Not open for further replies.