God and political parties

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi K9,
You are right, most will NOT be willing to hear it. But, they cannot ever say they did not hear and will have kaput to stand on, other than their filthy rags. We can give the gospel and if received, wonderful! If not, don't toss those pearls to swine. Shake off the dust and move on. Jesus spoke to EVERYONE and, He KNEW most would not receive.

Speak of the devil, as they say. I was on a VERY atheist message board. I posted about Christianity. Some were respectful and some were hostile. I spent several hours providing verses and trying to explain some things. Then, suddenly, the thread disappeared. In another thread, ownership told me that their forum doesn't permit "religious" discussion. I said "As you wish" and then left them with the following two verses.

Matthew 10:33
English Standard Version

33 but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 10:14
English Standard Version

14 And if anyone will not receive you or listen to your words, shake off the dust from your feet when you leave that house or town.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've always enjoyed history. And politics IS history, history in motion.

It's GOOD for Christians, and everyone else, to be informed and knowledgeable about things affecting their communities so that we can vote accordingly. I wish MORE people truly followed "politics" and would work to learn the TRUTH. If they did that, we wouldn't have the MONOLITHIC amount of corruption and incompetence that is endemic throughout the federal government.

History has it's place but remember, it's the victors who write history...the bible says to "trust no man". How do you know which of the talking heads are actually giving you the "truth"?? I don't trust them as far as I could kick my house into the next township. Ever since cable "news" has been here, the anchors MUST report on what they are TOLD to. No more real investigation from REAL reporters and anchors...this world is lousy with misdirection, smoke and mirrors, opposing views, and we can NOT EVER put out faith and trust in man! Live faith fully brother...your voting has done no good and does not matter as God is the one who allows whomever He wills into offices, good or bad and, no number of voters will change that. PRAYER is what is needed here, IMO.

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus

I think I'm understanding you. It's ok to say "homosexual behavior is immoral". It's NOT ok to say "homosexuals are going to Hell".

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
History has it's place but remember, it's the victors who write history...the bible says to "trust no man". How do you know which of the talking heads are actually giving you the "truth"?? I don't trust them as far as I could kick my house into the next township. Ever since cable "news" has been here, the anchors MUST report on what they are TOLD to. No more real investigation from REAL reporters and anchors...this world is lousy with misdirection, smoke and mirrors, opposing views, and we can NOT EVER put out faith and trust in man! Live faith fully brother...your voting has done no good and does not matter as God is the one who allows whomever He wills into offices, good or bad and, no number of voters will change that. PRAYER is what is needed here, IMO.
There is only ONE we can trust in ..............GOD . JESUS CHRIST ALONE IS THE HOPE OF THE LAMBS .

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speak of the devil, as they say. I was on a VERY atheist message board. I posted about Christianity. Some were respectful and some were hostile. I spent several hours providing verses and trying to explain some things. Then, suddenly, the thread disappeared. In another thread, ownership told me that their forum doesn't permit "religious" discussion. I said "As you wish" and then left them with the following two verses.

Matthew 10:33
English Standard Version

33 but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 10:14
English Standard Version

14 And if anyone will not receive you or listen to your words, shake off the dust from your feet when you leave that house or town.

Awesome! You are ballsy brother, I don't think I could handle being on an Atheist board! Great words to leave in your wake...who knows how many read that before they take it down. And funny how they talk about "acceptance" and, do what makes you feel good yet, they fear one post by you, I'd say there was a reason you went on the site...

Reactions: K9Buck

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only ONE we can trust in ..............GOD . JESUS CHRIST ALONE IS THE HOPE OF THE LAMBS .

Look, I don't want to sound unkind, but that's not really a point in dispute. Until we're with Jesus, we have to live our lives the best we can and that means being educated and informed about what is happening in our communities so that we can, hopefully, help to steer them in the correct direction.

Oct 16, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I go by the general opinions of the forum people, the evangelical TV people. A few news commentators are not much of a concern as much as the public, esp Evangelicals,Christians on FB, Twitter , etc. I don't particularly like to be referred as evil because I'm a Dem.

Hi Cassandra,

I'm a registered Democrat too. I was a registered Republican for 26 years (1992-2018) until I finally decided that I could no longer associate with the Republican party. I managed to remain in the Republican party for 2 years after the former president was elected, but the breaking point for me was the 2018 mid-term elections. I did join other like-minded Republicans who spoke out against him and his supporters for awhile, but I finally realized I had to accept the fact that the party had been politically hijacked and morphed into the image of a man whom I thought was cruel and heartless. I was embarrassed that I was being associated with this man and his supporters. I could no longer admit to other people that I was a Republican. I was ashamed that he was associated with evangelical Christianity too. I'd intentionally point out that I did not vote for this man and he does not represent my Christian faith. I just got tired of having to repeat myself over and over again. It got old fast.

I had had enough of combatting the constant negativity that I faced with him being associated with the Republican party and with the evangelical Christian faith. I decided to switch political parties and do what I could to vote him out. I decided that I'll vote Democratic in 2022 and 2024 if the Republican party hasn't been freed from the clutches of the former president by then. I won't vote for a Republican politician who supports the former president. Of course, I don't agree with every position of the Democratic political platform, such as no limitations on abortion. I do support abortion in cases of rape, incest, and risk of the mother's life (just as former Republican presidents have, including the one who proceeded Joe Biden). Long story short, Cassandra, you are not alone here. I hope sharing my story with you encourages you. Take care and God bless.

Reactions: GaryAnderson

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus

I think I'm understanding you. It's ok to say "homosexual behavior is immoral". It's NOT ok to say "homosexuals are going to Hell".
It is OK to say what God wants you to say when He wants you to say it.

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God." Rom 8:14

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think I could handle being on an Atheist board!

I enjoy it. They'll mock me believing in a "sky fairy". And then I'll respond "Believing that the universe caused itself to come into existence takes enormous faith!" LOL.

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is OK to say what God wants you to say when He wants you to say it.

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God." Rom 8:14

I think we're supposed to speak the truth but to do so in a loving and supportive way, something that I sometimes struggle to do. :(

Reactions: amadeus

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Cassandra,

I'm a registered Democrat too. I was a registered Republican for 26 years (1992-2018) until I finally decided that I could no longer associate with the Republican party. I managed to remain in the Republican party for 2 years after the former president was elected, but the breaking point for me was the 2018 mid-term elections. I did join other like-minded Republicans who spoke out against him and his supporters for awhile, but I finally realized I had to accept the fact that the party had been politically hijacked and morphed into the image of a man whom I thought was cruel and heartless. I was embarrassed that I was being associated with this man and his supporters. I could no longer admit to other people that I was a Republican. I was ashamed that he was associated with evangelical Christianity too. I'd intentionally point out that I did not vote for this man and he does not represent my Christian faith. I just got tired of having to repeat myself over and over again. It got old fast.

I had had enough of combatting the constant negativity that I faced with him being associated with the Republican party and with the evangelical Christian faith. I decided to switch political parties and do what I could to vote him out. I decided that I'll vote Democratic in 2022 and 2024 if the Republican party hasn't been freed from the clutches of the former president by then. I won't vote for a Republican politician who supports the former president. Of course, I don't agree with every position of the Democratic political platform, such as no limitations on abortion. I do support abortion in cases of rape, incest, and the risk of the mother's life (just as former Republican presidents have, including the one who proceeded Biden). Long story short, Cassandra, you are not alone here. I hope sharing my story with you encourages you. Take care and God bless.

Are you happy with your vote for China-Joe? Planned Parenthood appreciates your support.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look, I don't want to sound unkind, but that's not really a point in dispute. Until we're with Jesus, we have to live our lives the best we can and that means being educated and informed about what is happening in our communities so that we can, hopefully, help to steer them in the correct direction.
You are dearly loved my friend so take great encouragment in what i say next .
By grace i have long learned , THE ONLY ONE I CAN TRUST IN ...................IS GOD . Not me , not men , not govts , GOD ALONE is all
I CAN TRUST IN . EVER SINCE i learned that , I HAVE GREAT PEACE NO MATTER WHAT COMES AGAINST ME .
MEN deceive my friend . BUT NOT GOD .

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
History has it's place

d99c0c3004f899722c2901a7fed8922f.jpg

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are dearly loved my friend so take great encouragment in what i say next .
By grace i have long learned , THE ONLY ONE I CAN TRUST IN ...................IS GOD . Not me , not men , not govts , GOD ALONE is all
I CAN TRUST IN . EVER SINCE i learned that , I HAVE GREAT PEACE NO MATTER WHAT COMES AGAINST ME .
MEN deceive my friend . BUT NOT GOD .

Of course. I don't necessarily agree that God is the only one we can trust. I trust my mother. She would give her life for me. I trust my son. He would do the same. But, yea, I hear what you're saying.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is true .
But so is this , there are those who did learn from history , they learned from hitlers men
and they used and still use those tatics to bring about a one world utopian . Biden aint who ya think , nor are many .
THEY work in league with elites . Men learned well from hitler on how to decieve a world .
Act like you for it , make things sound good . alter education , restructure society and churches from within
transforming them into slaves . Yet telling them all the time , ITS FOR YOUR GOOD . They learned well my friend
and thus they are repeating history . Its the blind who cannot see what is being done unto this world .
They sell folks through ideals and emotions that pander to them . Making them believe they are creating a society
fit for the people , yet all the while the new system , IS FOR THEM and TOTAL CONTROL . THEY SELL IT daily .
Through many movements . Through the church it is social gospel , through society its climate change
its redist of wealth , its fear and propoganada to ready the peoples to surrender willfully .
BUT IN THE END it will be a nightmare for all sides . THIS aint about world peace and safety
it aint about redist of wealth , it aint about any of said stuff . ITS ABOUT POWER AND CONTROL . but they KNOW HOW TO SELL IT .

Status
Not open for further replies.