God as heavenly parent - the dysfunctional view we inherited

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just those 2 verses point out it is not about God foreknowing all people, it explains that those who do not know Christ are not the children of God. So the foreknowing argument does not apply to understanding who are the children of God.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Get your teaching from scripture only, because of demons who teach men the doctrines of demons. And many of those men taught thereof believe it.

Here is who has the right to be called children of God, anyone else does not have that right, as they are not.

John 1

10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. 11 He came to His [c]own, and His [d]own did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the [e]right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

And there are many other supporting words of God to the same effect.

1 John 3:1

Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.​

What makes you thnk that I didn't get that out of scripture? Then you went on to say the exact thing that I said/was saying. You gave the scripture refrence so kudos for that!

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just those 2 verses point out it is not about God foreknowing all people, it explains that those who do not know Christ are not the children of God. So the foreknowing argument does not apply to understanding who are the children of God.

I guess I threw in a comment which confused you, sorry. That's how I think. But again, what you then said, I was saying the same thing. We are on the same page. Sorry for the off topic comment?

Reactions: St. SteVen

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I guess I threw in a comment which confused you, sorry. That's how I think. But again, what you then said, I was saying the same thing. We are on the same page. Sorry for the off topic comment?
I had thought when you said 'all of us' you were saying all human beings, not the Christians only.
Only believers in Christ today are the children of God.
Otherwise Christ lied when He said He was the only way to the Father God.

Anyhow good discussion as we know other people read these threads.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you claiming God created humans that he had no plans to know? Predestined for destruction?
If so, what a horrible claim.

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had thought when you said 'all of us' you were saying all human beings, not the Christians only.
"All" sounds good to me.

1 John 2:2 NIV
He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 Corinthians 15:22
For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.

Romans 11:32
For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

Titus 2:11 ESV
For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people,

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you put those two together?
Why would Jesus being the only way to the Father prevent anyone from being a child of God?
Is the one way prohibited to some?

/

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Anyhow good discussion as we know other people read these threads.

I see what you're saying. I prolly could have said that with more clarity than I did.