God changed Seventh Day Sabbath Worship to First Day of the Week

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
G4521 (Strong)
σάββατον sabbaton sab'-bat-on Of Hebrew origin [H7676]; the Sabbath (that is, Shabbath), or day of WEEKLY repose from secular avocations (also the observance or institution itself); by extension a se'nnight, that is, the interval between two Sabbaths; likewise the plural in all the above applications: - SABBATH (DAY), week.

Until you have weighed this against A.T. Robertson, don't be so pretentious, because Robertson concluded σαββάτων in the New Testament is NOT of 'Hebraic' origin or influence or background, sphere or milieu, but is the Hellenistic Greek semantics of colloquial New Testament Christian community and culture.
The 'Sabbath" was NOT the Hebrew 'Shabbath'[Sic.] word, but the "WEEKLY-Sabba'tohn" word of the New Testament Scriptures the Sabbath The Seventh Day of the CHRISTIAN weekly 'day-of-repose' from Christian secular avocations -- the observance of the Christian Institution of the Sabbath-Day itself -- absolutely NOT <<the interval between two Sabbaths>> which was "the week" itself.

Whether in the Plural σαββάτων or in the Singular σαββάτου the word means and was the CHRISTIAN NT 'Sabbath Day'

Last edited:

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whether in the Plural σαββάτων or in the Singular σαββάτου the word means and was the CHRISTIAN NT 'Sabbath

Exactly as the OP has indicated in Matthew 28:1 which could not be "seen" in the English Bible Translation, as the word "week" IS the same Hebrew word "sabbaton," and that the italicized word "day" is not in the original manuscripts.

To God Be The Glory

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rubbish. I told you before you do not know scholarship. Don't parade and advertise your pathetic ignorance further, for your own sake.

It is you who is to be pitied as yourself do not understand what you write. You call rubbish when someone agrees with you? Go figure???!!!

To God Be The Glory

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It is you who is to be pitied as yourself do not understand what you write. You call rubbish when someone agrees with you? Go figure???!!!

JunChosen agrees with me?
Do you agree with

<<Curtis said:
G4521 (Strong)
σάββατον sabbaton sab'-bat-on Of Hebrew origin [H7676]; the Sabbath (that is, Shabbath), or day of WEEKLY repose from secular avocations (also the observance or institution itself); by extension a se'nnight, that is, the interval between two Sabbaths; likewise the plural in all the above applications: - SABBATH (DAY), week.>> ??

Then to you also applies my post #642. {Until you have weighed this against A.T. Robertson, don't be so pretentious, because Robertson concluded σαββάτων in the New Testament is NOT of 'Hebraic' origin or influence or background, sphere or milieu, but is the Hellenistic Greek semantics of colloquial New Testament Christian community and culture.
The 'Sabbath" was NOT the Hebrew 'Shabbath'[Sic.] word, but the "WEEKLY-Sabba'tohn" word of the New Testament Scriptures the Sabbath The Seventh Day of the CHRISTIAN weekly 'day-of-repose' from Christian secular avocations -- the observance of the Christian Institution of the Sabbath-Day itself -- absolutely NOT <<the interval between two Sabbaths>> which was "the week" itself. Whether in the Plural σαββάτων or in the Singular σαββάτου the word means and was the CHRISTIAN NT 'Sabbath Day'.}

because I cannot see agreement between what

<<Curtis said:
G4521 (Strong)
σάββατον sabbaton sab'-bat-on Of Hebrew origin [H7676]; the Sabbath (that is, Shabbath), or day of WEEKLY repose from secular avocations (also the observance or institution itself); by extension a se'nnight, that is, the interval between two Sabbaths; likewise the plural in all the above applications: - SABBATH (DAY), week.>>

and what

<<JunChosen said:
Exactly as the OP has indicated in Matthew 28:1 which could not be "seen" in the English Bible Translation, as the word "week" IS the same Hebrew word "sabbaton," and that the italicized word "day" is not in the original manuscripts.>>

If only both of you wrote correctly transcribed Greek or have used Greek orthography.

Again, if you actually agree with me, I ask your pardon and welcome your further critique.
My apologies
Yours faithful
GE

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly as the OP has indicated in Matthew 28:1 which could not be "seen" in the English Bible Translation, as the word "week" IS the same Hebrew word "sabbaton," and that the italicized word "day" is not in the original manuscripts.

To God Be The Glory
To man Be The Glory if only the linguist can understand God's Word. Get wise to your elitism.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The old covenant was deliberately faulty - it was meant to be harsh, and to be bondage,

It is Written: God "found fault with THEM" - not with HIS <covenant>. God's Covenant He meant to be righteous, just and good, and "GLORIOUS" - as Paul and Moses say GOD said - and was NOT <<to be bondage>>.

But you are right, so dead right with, the <<old covenant was deliberately faulty>>, yea, deliberately BECAUSE of what <the old covenant> purely was: THE WILL-WORSHIP OF SINNER MAN.

Reactions: BarneyFife

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
as one body of law, and the law gave the death penalty by stoning for breaking the commandments, so as to illustrate the difficulty of earning righteousness by your own efforts, In contrast with the new covenant and being righteous by faith and repentance, without the works of the law of Moses.

Artificial - FALSE, and sadly bad theology and logic, this dividing that which God had put together in holy and glorious UNITY -- His only Everlasting, everlastingly NEW, COVENANT.

As one body of Divine Law, the Law from the day that man first transgressed, GAVE THE DEATH PENALTY by the WORD AND AUTHORITY OF THE CREATOR-SAVIOUR indistinguishable, for breaking His Commandment in one word "thou SHALT!" / "thou shalt NOT!"
The Law from the beginning GAVE and until the end WILL GIVE THE DEATH PENALTY so as to illustrate to the PROUD the completely IMPOSSIBLE <<difficulty of earning righteousness by your own efforts>>, which <difficulty> is overcome by the ONLY "WAY", "THE LIFE", "THE LIGHT" and "THE RESURRECTION" according to "The New Covenant" of GRACE, of RECEIVING righteousness <<by faith and repentance, without works>> of the Law OF OBEDIENCE whether under ministry or ministration of <<the law of Moses>> or of the Holy Spirit.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Myself, I want the better covenant founded on better promises, that isn’t deliberately defective.

The first one had a “bad odor” it stank - on purpose.

No, <<Myself, I want the better covenant founded on better promises, that isn’t deliberately defective.>> That's YOUR <<covenant I, Myself, want>>. This is you, finding fault with God's Covenant, telling Him yours is the <better> and His, is the covenant that's <<deliberately defective>>. This is you insulting God that His Covenant, the one He let Moses administrate, <<had a “bad odor”>> and that <<it stank - on purpose>>.

But God, having given Moses His Ten Words including the Fourth, said to all the congregation: "I hold before you today LIFE AND DEATH".

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, <<Myself, I want the better covenant founded on better promises, that isn’t deliberately defective.>> That's YOUR <<covenant I, Myself, want>>. This is you, finding fault with God's Covenant, telling Him yours is the <better> and His, is the covenant that's <<deliberately defective>>. This is you insulting God that His Covenant, the one He let Moses administrate, <<had a “bad odor”>> and that <<it stank - on purpose>>.

But God, having given Moses His Ten Words including the Fourth, said to all the congregation: "I hold before you today LIFE AND DEATH".

I posted SCRIPTURE to you that said, IF THE FIRST COVENANT HAD BEEN FAULTLESS there would be no need for another covenant.

That verse says THE FIRST COVENANT WAS FAULTY.

Since God makes no mistakes, it was deliberately faulty.

I’m surprised I had to clarify this, since the scripture was clear, about it not being faultless.

And of course Moses said it was life or earth: the penalty for breaking the commands was death by stoning, under the law of Moses.

That’s why Paul calls the Decalogue the the letter THAT KILLS,remember? I posted that verse to you, before.

Shalom Aleichem

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Artificial - FALSE, and sadly bad theology and logic, this dividing that which God had put together in holy and glorious UNITY -- His only Everlasting, everlastingly NEW, COVENANT.

As one body of Divine Law, the Law from the day that man first transgressed, GAVE THE DEATH PENALTY by the WORD AND AUTHORITY OF THE CREATOR-SAVIOUR indistinguishable, for breaking His Commandment in one word "thou SHALT!" / "thou shalt NOT!"
The Law from the beginning GAVE and until the end WILL GIVE THE DEATH PENALTY so as to illustrate to the PROUD the completely IMPOSSIBLE <<difficulty of earning righteousness by your own efforts>>, which <difficulty> is overcome by the ONLY "WAY", "THE LIFE", "THE LIGHT" and "THE RESURRECTION" according to "The New Covenant" of GRACE, of RECEIVING righteousness <<by faith and repentance, without works>> of the Law OF OBEDIENCE whether under ministry or ministration of <<the law of Moses>> or of the Holy Spirit.
Yet that’s exactly what Paul said about the law, repeatedly.

I quoted that fact at length, from Paul.

Shalom

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Deu 9:11 And it came to pass at the end of forty days and forty nights, that the LORD gave me the two tables of stone, even the tables of the covenant.
Thus scripture, clearly says the Decalogue is the covenant

No, Scripture does not say <<the Decalogue is the covenant>> though it was. In your mouth it becomes the liar's LIE, because the Scripture says, "the LORD gave me the two tables of stone, even the tables OF the covenant." The Covenant was GOD'S OATH OF ACT BY HIS HOLY SPIRIT FROM ETERNITY TO ETERNITY, THEN ON AND UNDER MOUNT SINAI AS AFTER THROUGH AND IN CHRIST, DEMONSTRATED AND ACTED AND SPOKEN AND WRITTEN BY GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT.
The Covenant was no single part of it whether tabernacle or altar or sacrifice or ark of the covenant or particle "from the dust of the earth" of it like the priests of the Covenant.

Seventh day Adventists are ridiculed for believing an earthly sanctuary in heaven wherein Jesus now ministers his mediation, but those who ridicule are of the same opinion as the SDA and boast about it, LIKE YOU ARE DOING, RIGHT HERE AND NOW IN THIS DISCOURSE.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I posted SCRIPTURE to you that said, IF THE FIRST COVENANT HAD BEEN FAULTLESS there would be no need for another covenant.

That verse says THE FIRST COVENANT WAS FAULTY.

Sorry, <<That verse>> does not say <<THE FIRST COVENANT WAS FAULTY>>. There is, no <<SCRIPTURE that says, IF THE FIRST COVENANT HAD BEEN FAULTLESS there would be no need for another covenant.>>. There only is the FULL passage, "7For if that first MINISTRATION [λειτουργία of sinful human priests] had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second [λειτουργία of sinful human priests]. 8For finding fault with them [ministry λειτουργία of sinful human priests], he saith....."

And you haven't <<posted SCRIPTURE>> or <<That verse>> howsoever. You are stringed together on spidernets of lies.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
BTW sabbath keepers ignore the required penalty under the law of Moses for those breaking the sabbath day command, which is tp put them to death.
If the command is still in effect, the penalty is still in effect.

What makes you think the death penalty for breaking the Fourth Commandment is no longer in effect. I'll explain to you. You think so because the Fourth Commandment is to you only and all about MAN and not about the day The Seventh Day Sabbath OF THE LORD GOD the Lord Jesus' Day of Resurrection-Rest from the dead. There is NOTHING than the Love and Mercy of God you could bring up against the Fourth Commandment of God's Law concerning His Sabbath Day of Rest - NOTHING but the Love of the Creator our Redeemer.
Is that why the only impression your posts awaken is your hatred for the Sabbath of the Lord?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW sabbath keepers ignore the required penalty under the law of Moses for those breaking the sabbath day command, which is tp put them to death.
Uh, no, they don't. The fact that you don't understand how theocracy works doesn't make the rest of us ignorant.
You seem to declare a lot of maxims that aren't found anywhere in Scripture. All sin incurs a death sentence, even if ultimately transferred to Christ at Calvary.

Successful excessive talking requires a good amount of deep thinking. Try it sometime. :)

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

What makes you think the death penalty for breaking the Fourth Commandment is no longer in effect? I'll explain to you. You think so because the Fourth Commandment is to you only and all about MAN and not about the day The Seventh Day Sabbath OF THE LORD GOD the Lord Jesus' Day of Resurrection-Rest from the dead. There is NOTHING than the Love and Mercy of God you could bring up against the Fourth Commandment of God's Law concerning His Sabbath Day of Rest - NOTHING but the Love of the Creator our Redeemer which you never brought up.
Is that why the only impression your posts awaken is your hatred for the Sabbath of the Lord?