God gives Power to become Rich. Gain Riches, Wealth. and Success.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Riches of this world will perish, evaporate and be no more. Woe to the man who is not rich toward God. Wealth is a double edged sword in this life. People that have it must be careful not to become enamored with it, lest they pierce themselves with many transgressions that lead to the ruin of their soul. If you ask me, I would not want to be rich here and now. It's a lot of responsibility to make use of wealth in a way that pleases the Lord. How hard it is for the rich to enter heaven!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God gives Power to become Rich. Gain Riches, Wealth. and Success. Why do many fight against receiving the gifts of God?
Deuteronomy 8:18 But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.
Ecclesiastes 5:18 Behold that which I have seen: it is good and comely for one to eat and to drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labour that he taketh under the sun all the days of his life, which God giveth him: for it is his portion.

Ecclesiastes 5:19 Every man also to whom God hath given riches and wealth, and hath given him power to eat thereof, and to take his portion, and to rejoice in his labour; this is the gift of God.

Ecclesiastes 5:20 For he shall not much remember the days of his life; because God answereth him in the joy of his heart.
God gives power to become rich, gain wealth, be successful! If God gives power to become rich, wealthy, successful, then he must not be against riches, wealth, and success. He must want us to be rich, wealthy, and successful with physical and spiritual riches.
To Remember is Always to Prosper (April 19, 2020) | Jesse Duplantis

The word wealth in the original Hebrew can mean a force of men; means; resources; army; wealth, virtue, valor, strength. This makes it clear that it does not apply to money only.

There is no mention of wealth in Ecclesiastes 5 v 18.

Ecc 5:19 Also every man to whom God has given riches and treasures, and gives him the power to eat of it, and to take his share, and to rejoice in his labor; this is the gift of God.

Just what does power and riches mean? You are a millionaire or that you have sufficient to put a meal on the table. Context is all-important.

I note that you have not quoted any New Testament verses. I wonder why? Paul was a failure according to prosperity preachers as he suffered many things and nowhere do we read he had lots of money and nowhere does he preach the prosperity gospel. I wonder why?

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word wealth in the original Hebrew can mean a force of men; means; resources; army; wealth, virtue, valor, strength. This makes it clear that it does not apply to money only.

There is no mention of wealth in Ecclesiastes 5 v 18.

Ecc 5:19 Also every man to whom God has given riches and treasures, and gives him the power to eat of it, and to take his share, and to rejoice in his labor; this is the gift of God.

Just what does power and riches mean? You are a millionaire or that you have sufficient to put a meal on the table. Context is all-important.

I note that you have not quoted any New Testament verses. I wonder why? Paul was a failure according to prosperity preachers as he suffered many things and nowhere do we read he had lots of money and nowhere does he preach the prosperity gospel. I wonder why?

Who thinks God wants His sons sick and poor??

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God gives Power to become Rich. Gain Riches, Wealth. and Success. Why do many fight against receiving the gifts of God?
Deuteronomy 8:18 But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.
Ecclesiastes 5:18 Behold that which I have seen: it is good and comely for one to eat and to drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labour that he taketh under the sun all the days of his life, which God giveth him: for it is his portion.

Ecclesiastes 5:19 Every man also to whom God hath given riches and wealth, and hath given him power to eat thereof, and to take his portion, and to rejoice in his labour; this is the gift of God.

Ecclesiastes 5:20 For he shall not much remember the days of his life; because God answereth him in the joy of his heart.
God gives power to become rich, gain wealth, be successful! If God gives power to become rich, wealthy, successful, then he must not be against riches, wealth, and success. He must want us to be rich, wealthy, and successful with physical and spiritual riches.

GIS,

Why must you apply to Christians what God stated for the nation of Israel? What you quoted from Deut 8:18 is a typical example of what the prosperity preachers teach. But it does not apply to Christian believers? Why don't you understand that and quit imposing on us what God never intended for Christians?

As for the quotes from the Book of Ecclesiastes, from what perspective is that book written? 'I have seen a grievous evil under the sun' (Eccl 5:13 NIV). This book is written from an earthly perspective of 'under the sun'.

Oz

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Have you ever read the Book of Job and seen God's purpose in calamity?

What about James 1:2-4 (NIV) and its application to all Christians?

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.​

Reactions: friend of

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever read the Book of Job and seen God's purpose in calamity?

What about James 1:2-4 (NIV) and its application to all Christians?

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.​

Job was attacked by satan NOT God!!!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Obviously God does, that is why Paul had a thorn in the flesh. And when he was travelling from town to town he had to rely on the gifts of the believers to keep him so it is obvious that he was not Mr. Moneybags.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously God does, that is why Paul had a thorn in the flesh. And when he was travelling from town to town he had to rely on the gifts of the believers to keep him so it is obvious that he was not Mr. Moneybags.

Paul's horn in the flesh was attacks by satan NOT God!!!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God can certainly bless Christians with wealth, and like @justbyfaith said, there is nothing wrong with it, if you don't turn it into an idol.

On another note wealth is kind of needed in many parts of Australia, due to the expensive cost of living. Just heard on the news yesterday someone pays $100,000 rent a year for a shop, that is crazy, I am blessed not having to pay anywhere near that figure.

And many homes will cost you a rich amount of money, most people have home loans though, and it takes people decades to pay it off.

But pretty much in a lot of places in this country once you pay off a home loan, you are quite rich in assets, and a lot would have half a million dollars in assets.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh dear, Lord deliver me from people who are as thick as two short planks. I guess Paul could blow his own trumpet if he had a horn.

2Corinthians 12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
As long as we don't make an idol out of our wealth, I don't see anything wrong with having it (see 1 Timothy 6:17).

However, the Lord Jesus gives us the following warning:

Mat 6:19, Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
Mat 6:20, But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
Mat 6:21, For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Mat 6:22, The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
Mat 6:23, But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!
Mat 6:24, No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
i guess we also have at least one passage about those who would be rich

so imo there are those who got rich w/o even trying, and there are others who seek to get rich, or iow the op i guess pretty much

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i guess we also have at least one passage about those who would be rich

so imo there are those who got rich w/o even trying, and there are others who seek to get rich, or iow the op i guess pretty much

Accepting God's blessings and gifts is not seeking wealth.

Agios

Jun 2, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sadly, the teachers who teach the prosperity gospel always take their context from the old testament, the Israelites were promised land, wealth, tangible prosperity if they followed God. Under the new covenant, God has promised us all things Spiritual in order to live godly and holy lives. Ephesians is an excellent book to read in order to understand all the promises God has given to the believer under the new covenant.

Ephesians 1:3 "Praise be to God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing". (Notice how this does NOT say that God has blessed us with material possessions in the earthly realms).

The old covenant promises consisted of the physical nature.
The new covenant promises consists of the spiritual nature.

Praise God, believers are promised gifts of the spiritual nature in order to live godly, holy and righteous! We can focus on living a godly life and have very few possessions.

Matthew 6:19-21 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, that is where your heart is also".

Praise God he has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms! He is a good God!

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Iam posting God's Word and you accept it or reject it.

What is "rich" ?

A man can have billions of $$$ and be the most miserable person in the world.

Another man can be surrounded with many children, grandchildren, lovely wife , and a living relationship with God.
Yet he is the one most truly RICH, he has wealth that the other man knows nothing about.

Who judges which of the two men made a success of his life????

Being rich and 'having power'...can mean very different things...

Reactions: Agios

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Sadly, the teachers who teach the prosperity gospel always take their context from the old testament, the Israelites were promised land, wealth, tangible prosperity if they followed God. Under the new covenant, God has promised us all things Spiritual in order to live godly and holy lives. Ephesians is an excellent book to read in order to understand all the promises God has given to the believer under the new covenant.

Ephesians 1:3 "Praise be to God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing". (Notice how this does NOT say that God has blessed us with material possessions in the earthly realms).

The old covenant promises consisted of the physical nature.
The new covenant promises consists of the spiritual nature.

Praise God, believers are promised gifts of the spiritual nature in order to live godly, holy and righteous! We can focus on living a godly life and have very few possessions.

Matthew 6:19-21 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, that is where your heart is also".

Praise God he has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms! He is a good God!
@Agios Good to see the dispensational difference between the church and Israel: heavenly and earthly characters respectively. (1 Corinthians 10.32 shows the 3 groups of ppl that there are.)

Reactions: Agios