God gives Power to become Rich. Gain Riches, Wealth. and Success.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God gives Power to become Rich. Gain Riches, Wealth. and Success. Why do many fight against receiving the gifts of God?
Deuteronomy 8:18 But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.
Ecclesiastes 5:18 Behold that which I have seen: it is good and comely for one to eat and to drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labour that he taketh under the sun all the days of his life, which God giveth him: for it is his portion.

Ecclesiastes 5:19 Every man also to whom God hath given riches and wealth, and hath given him power to eat thereof, and to take his portion, and to rejoice in his labour; this is the gift of God.

Ecclesiastes 5:20 For he shall not much remember the days of his life; because God answereth him in the joy of his heart.
God gives power to become rich, gain wealth, be successful! If God gives power to become rich, wealthy, successful, then he must not be against riches, wealth, and success. He must want us to be rich, wealthy, and successful with physical and spiritual riches.
To Remember is Always to Prosper (April 19, 2020) | Jesse Duplantis

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As long as we don't make an idol out of our wealth, I don't see anything wrong with having it (see 1 Timothy 6:17).

However, the Lord Jesus gives us the following warning:

Mat 6:19, Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
Mat 6:20, But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
Mat 6:21, For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Mat 6:22, The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
Mat 6:23, But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!
Mat 6:24, No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Last edited:

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believers can have what God says or what little man says!!! Your choice!

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an old classic song by Janis Joplin, God have mercy.

Given the topic that repeats itself often enough among Televangelists, Prosperity Doctrine, imagine these lyrics in prayer form. I think it will put perspective onto the doctrine itself.

Oh lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz.
My friends all drive porsches, I must make amends.
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends.
So oh lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz
Oh lord won't you buy me a color TV.
Dialing for dollars is trying to find me.
I wait for delivery each day until 3.
So oh lord won't you buy me a color TV.
Oh lord won't you buy me a night on the town.
I'm counting on you lord, please don't let me down.
Prove that you love me and buy the next round.
Oh lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Given the topic that repeats itself often enough among Televangelists, Prosperity Doctrine, imagine these lyrics in prayer form. I think it will put perspective onto the doctrine itself.

Oh lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz.
Oh lord won't you buy me a color TV.
Dialing for dollars is trying to find me.
I wait for delivery each day until 3.
So oh lord won't you buy me a color TV.
I'm counting on you lord, please don't let me down.
Prove that you love me and buy the next round.
Oh lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz

If your father had a city where He paved the streets with pure gold what kind of car would you expect His children to drive??

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If your father had a city where He paved the streets with pure gold what kind of car would you expect His children to drive??

It depends on what He is trying to teach them at any given moment.

I know of many wealthy fathers who do not give money to their children because they want them to understand the value of money; so they allow them to learn from the school of hard knocks what it means to be poor so that they will appreciate it more when they have come into their own wealth...even if that is by inheritance after the father passes on into the next life.

Reactions: Paul Christensen

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Certainly not a vehicle made in Germany.
Ever wonder why riches are promised after you're dead?
While the promise now is, if you give a pastor money in the name of God, God will reward you.
Thing about God is, he has no overhead. That pastor on the other hand....

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don't think perspective is really GISMYS's thing, LoL.

Reactions: DNB and Helen

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think perspective is really GISMYS's thing, LoL.
I said before in their other thread, I don't believe they're serious.I think this thread supports that observation in that what I believe they're aout, their actual perspective, is like unto what the Babylon Bee publishes. Christian Satire. The target being prosperity preachers & believers.
GISMYS, a friend noted if you say the name in three parts slowly, one could arrive at a slur that may also give us perspective. Gis My S.
Which makes one really consider, what's their true point?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I said before in their other thread, I don't believe they're serious.I think this thread supports that observation in that what I believe they're aout, their actual perspective, is like unto what the Babylon Bee publishes. Christian Satire. The target being prosperity preachers & believers.
GISMYS, a friend noted if you say the name in three parts slowly, one could arrive at a slur that may also give us perspective. Gis My S.
Which makes one really consider, what's their true point?
Someone from outside who looked into professing Christianity might sometimes see a lot of strange things that are not based on God's Word...

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Iam posting God's Word and you accept it or reject it.
God gives Power to become Rich. Gain Riches, Wealth. and Success. Why do many fight against receiving the gifts of God?
Deuteronomy 8:18 But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.
Ecclesiastes 5:18 Behold that which I have seen: it is good and comely for one to eat and to drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labour that he taketh under the sun all the days of his life, which God giveth him: for it is his portion.

Ecclesiastes 5:19 Every man also to whom God hath given riches and wealth, and hath given him power to eat thereof, and to take his portion, and to rejoice in his labour; this is the gift of God.

Ecclesiastes 5:20 For he shall not much remember the days of his life; because God answereth him in the joy of his heart.
God gives power to become rich, gain wealth, be successful! If God gives power to become rich, wealthy, successful, then he must not be against riches, wealth, and success. He must want us to be rich, wealthy, and successful with physical and spiritual riches.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Iam posting God's Word and you accept it or reject it.

God's Word is good; it also needs to be read discerningly and not applied everywhere out of context.

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone from outside who looked into professing Christianity might sometimes see a lot of strange things that are not based on God's Word...
Quite possibly so. There are a great many false teachers, charlatans, out there. Wolves in the pulpit. However, the Prosperity Doctrine, also called the, Name It And Claim It Doctrine, is false to the core.
The idea that God said, if you love me I'll pay ya, is an abomination to the truth of God's word.
It makes for the counter, poor people aren't loved by God because they're poor.
I think too we have to remember, worship for riches was the realm of the other guy. Jesus being tempted by Satan in the desert comes to mind. Worship me and I'll give you.....
Do you think Hinn, Osteen, Jakes, Tilton, Hagee, Meyer, Duplantis, the Copelands, and others in that movement, know that?
Or is it more like, they don't care because they really don't believe they'll answer to anyone at all.

“Another version of the “Prosperity Gospel” or “Name It and Claim It” teaching has to do with finding a verse in the Bible and then “claiming” that verse. Proponents of this thinking believe that God must fulfill his promise to us in whatever verse we are “claiming” because what God says in his Word, the Bible, is true, and we can trust it to be true.

So someone might pray: God, your Word says in Isaiah that by your stripes we are healed and I know you are not a liar and that your Word is true and I claim that Scripture in Jesus’s name and therefore I will be healed of this stomachache!

We need to have faith in what the Bible says, but we have to be careful that we aren’t trying to force God to do what we want. That is arrogance rather than humility.God loves us, but we cannot demand things of him as though our faith is in charge rather than God.

If someone believes it is our faith that heals us and forgets that it is God who does it, we should ask that person how much faith Lazarus had.

Remember, he was decomposing in a tomb when Jesus raised him from death. His faith obviously didn’t matter. It was all God. It is God and God’s grace that heals, not our prayers and not our “faith.” Though we are exhorted by God to pray to him, we cannot compel him to do what we wish.”
― Eric Metaxas, Miracles: What They Are, Why They Happen, and How They Can Change Your Life

Reactions: Scoot

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Quite possibly so. There are a great many false teachers, charlatans, out there. Wolves in the pulpit. However, the Prosperity Doctrine, also called the, Name It And Claim It Doctrine, is false to the core.
The idea that God said, if you love me I'll pay ya, is an abomination to the truth of God's word.
It makes for the counter, poor people aren't loved by God because they're poor.
I think too we have to remember, worship for riches was the realm of the other guy. Jesus being tempted by Satan in the desert comes to mind. Worship me and I'll give you.....
Do you think Hinn, Osteen, Jakes, Tilton, Hagee, Meyer, Duplantis, the Copelands, and others in that movement, know that?
Or is it more like, they don't care because they really don't believe they'll answer to anyone at all.

“Another version of the “Prosperity Gospel” or “Name It and Claim It” teaching has to do with finding a verse in the Bible and then “claiming” that verse. Proponents of this thinking believe that God must fulfill his promise to us in whatever verse we are “claiming” because what God says in his Word, the Bible, is true, and we can trust it to be true.

So someone might pray: God, your Word says in Isaiah that by your stripes we are healed and I know you are not a liar and that your Word is true and I claim that Scripture in Jesus’s name and therefore I will be healed of this stomachache!

We need to have faith in what the Bible says, but we have to be careful that we aren’t trying to force God to do what we want. That is arrogance rather than humility.God loves us, but we cannot demand things of him as though our faith is in charge rather than God.

If someone believes it is our faith that heals us and forgets that it is God who does it, we should ask that person how much faith Lazarus had.

Remember, he was decomposing in a tomb when Jesus raised him from death. His faith obviously didn’t matter. It was all God. It is God and God’s grace that heals, not our prayers and not our “faith.” Though we are exhorted by God to pray to him, we cannot compel him to do what we wish.”
― Eric Metaxas, Miracles: What They Are, Why They Happen, and How They Can Change Your Life
@RainAndIceCream Just goes to show the importance of Biblical doctrine, faithfully presented, as Paul exhorted Timothy (1 Timothy 4.13).

Reactions: RainAndIceCream

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@RainAndIceCream Context is important, isn't it?
It is. It's vital when trying to understand scripture.
What is forgotten it seems is the context of Emmanuel Christ's teachings about giving in 1st century Palestine. Or, what he told the rich man when he asked how he might be saved. Emmanuel Christ did not say, give me your gold, your finery, and I shall reward you with Heaven.
Prosperity preachers today are corrupting the context of Christ's teachings. They're making God out to be a spirit that says, if you love me you'll buy your way into Heaven.
What does someone give to a preacher, that they think God will reward them for it? And what does that preacher do with the money given? We have but to search out prosperity preachers homes to see the answer.

Reactions: Helen