God gives Power to become Rich. Gain Riches, Wealth. and Success.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A little while ago, I bought a beautiful plaque that says "Love one another as I have loved you." on it.

I consider that while this is a treasure that I have on earth, it is also a heavenly treasure; because it reminds my family of the word of God.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 53.
Hebrews 13:5
Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
How does Isaiah 53 apply to the verses in question?

Also, a person can be blessed financially without necessarily having the love of money be in their hearts.

I understand that such a thing would be a miracle.

But the Lord is in the business of doing miracles.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Sadly, the teachers who teach the prosperity gospel always take their context from the old testament, the Israelites were promised land, wealth, tangible prosperity if they followed God. Under the new covenant, God has promised us all things Spiritual in order to live godly and holy lives. Ephesians is an excellent book to read in order to understand all the promises God has given to the believer under the new covenant.

Ephesians 1:3 "Praise be to God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing". (Notice how this does NOT say that God has blessed us with material possessions in the earthly realms).

The old covenant promises consisted of the physical nature.
The new covenant promises consists of the spiritual nature.

Praise God, believers are promised gifts of the spiritual nature in order to live godly, holy and righteous! We can focus on living a godly life and have very few possessions.

Matthew 6:19-21 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, that is where your heart is also".

Praise God he has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms! He is a good God!
yeh, more like that! Dont we even have a passage about "having nothing, yet having plenty?"

Reactions: Nancy

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I

I know of many wealthy fathers who do not give money to their children because they want them to understand the value of money; so they allow them to learn from the school of hard knocks what it means to be poor so that they will appreciate it more when they have come into their own wealth...even if that is by inheritance after the father passes on into the next life.

So . . . that merely means that there are a bunch of sickos out there, with totally dysfunctional families.

As for me and my family, I have never considered my wealth, my own, but that which has been entrusted to me by God to be properly managed, and then that trust passed on my kids and their kids after them. My kids feel the same way about it.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So . . . that merely means that there are a bunch of sickos out there, with totally dysfunctional families.

As for me and my family, I have never considered my wealth, my own, but that which has been entrusted to me by God to be properly managed, and then that trust passed on my kids and their kids after them. My kids feel the same way about it.
It is not a sicko mentality that leads men to do this with their children.

Children who don't learn the value of money will very likely squander it once they come into their inheritances.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It is. It's vital when trying to understand scripture.
What is forgotten it seems is the context of Emmanuel Christ's teachings about giving in 1st century Palestine. Or, what he told the rich man when he asked how he might be saved. Emmanuel Christ did not say, give me your gold, your finery, and I shall reward you with Heaven.
Prosperity preachers today are corrupting the context of Christ's teachings. They're making God out to be a spirit that says, if you love me you'll buy your way into Heaven.
What does someone give to a preacher, that they think God will reward them for it? And what does that preacher do with the money given? We have but to search out prosperity preachers homes to see the answer.
@RainAndIceCream We need to keep looking up, 'looking unto Jesus' (Hebrews 12.2), rather than looking continually into filling our pockets...

Agios

Jun 2, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@RainAndIceCream We need to keep looking up, 'looking unto Jesus' (Hebrews 12.2), rather than looking continually into filling our pockets...
It can't be helped to think that the prosperity gospel has caused people to be distracted from God, how could it be any other way? We would only give to be given, this is antithetical of what God teaches.

Reactions: Nancy and farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It can't be helped to think that the prosperity gospel has caused people to be distracted from God, how could it be any other way? We would only give to be given, this is antithetical of what God teaches.
@Agios The CIA paid for Billy Graham in Latin America. (In some sense, it was projecting a prosperous American evangelicalism as before impoverished Latin Americans, and thus serving US foreign policy.)

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah well i agree it doesnt have to be, but "accepting Yah's blessings and gifts" might be more like "thank Yah i ate today, thank Yah i have a job" maybe, not "Yah wants us all to be millionaires" so much

We are all free to say NO THANKS GOD I don't want your gifts and blessings!!!

Reactions: Stan B

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is not a sicko mentality that leads men to do this with their children.

Children who don't learn the value of money will very likely squander it once they come into their inheritances.

No big deal, but maybe I am gullible, but God commands us to train up a child in the way he should go, and if we do that God promises

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

His Word will be my guide.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No big deal, but maybe I am gullible, but God commands us to train up a child in the way he should go, and if we do that God promises

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

His Word will be my guide.
Excellent...may He impart to you His very own wisdom through your studies.

Reactions: Stan B

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
We are all free to say NO THANKS GOD I don't want your gifts and blessings!!!
i think it is a matter of them coming to you by themselves v actively seeking them though prolly. sure hasnt served my mom, seems like. just sayin. guess shes kept ol' Seville's jet fulla jp5 though! lol

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
FeaturedGod gives Power to become Rich. Gain Riches, Wealth. and Success.

see the very title just basically directs the focus, right? power, riches, wealth, success?
i say that way lies death, ok, when that becomes the focus anyway

even though it might obtain at times, going to another town and eating what they feed you is a completely diff experience, that ones ego is def not going to be appreciating much at the time prolly lol

how can you find humility and overcome ego by "power, riches, wealth, success?"
ok besta luck to you in your quest k, have a nice aft

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Also, a person can be blessed financially without necessarily having the love of money be in their hearts.

Indeed. While I have great wealth, when reviewing my financial statements, I have often sighed "How meaningless!!" I couldn't think of a single thing I would want to buy.

Reactions: Agios

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed. While I have great wealth, when reviewing my financial statements, I have often sighed "How meaningless!!" I couldn't think of a single thing I would want to buy.

So are you trying to say God does not know what He is doing when he blesses His family with gifts, health, and wealth???

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So are you trying to say God does not know what He is doing when he blesses His family with gifts, health, and wealth???

No! I am of the opinion that He gives wealth to those who really have no interest in money. Just a job to be done.

Last edited: