God Government at Isaiah 9

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Disciple John

Mar 11, 2022
Dennery
Faith
Christian
Country
Saint Lucia
Isaiah 9:6-7
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 Of the increase of his government and of peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to establish it, and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of Jehovah of hosts will perform this.

What scriptures in the Bible relate to this government?
One that comes to mind is Luke 1:32-33
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Most High: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 and he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

What scriptures have you found, shed more light in relation to God's government?

Reactions: Robert Gwin

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 9:6-7
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 Of the increase of his government and of peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to establish it, and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of Jehovah of hosts will perform this.

What scriptures in the Bible relate to this government?
One that comes to mind is Luke 1:32-33
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Most High: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 and he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

What scriptures have you found, shed more light in relation to God's government?

Isa 22:21-22 and Matt 16:18-19

21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.

22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
His being the light of the world!
Matt 5:14
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18
His authority in governing the church and administering the kingdom!
Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 21:17
Lk 22:29
Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24
Christ shares His glory! 2 thes 1:10 rev 12:1

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Matt 18:17 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Fundamentalism drives a wedge between Christ and his church, separates Christ from His kingdom, and the authority of Christ from the new covenant!

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema

Extends to the truth and the church

Cos Christ is the truth and His church teaches the truth without error! Jn 14:6 matt 28:19 matt 18:17 1 Tim 3:15 Jn 29:21-23 Jn 16:13

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

Authority of the Apostles!

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

John 17:18
As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Jesus is the truth!

Jn 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Jn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

To know the truth it is required to know Jesus Christ!

The truth is not some thing but somebody! Jesus Christ!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prophecy of the new covenant church fulfilled in the apostolic union with Christ!

Matt 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, (Israel) and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Christ the king!

The king of kings!

Christ is King of Glory!

Kingdom established by God!
Isa 2:2
Dan 2: 44
Micah 4:1

One, holy, catholic, (universal) and apostolic! And all nations and all people shall flow into it! All must submit and obey the king of glory!

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

1 Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Gal 4: 22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

(Holy mother church)

Christ is the king!

Isa. 9:6-7 6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Lk 2:10-11 all people!

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, (old covenant Israel) and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5

Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Holy Mother Church!
The new covenant!

Jesus Christ is king!

We must submit and obey the king of kings!

And In the absence of the king we must submit and obey the kings ministers!

Isa 22:21-22
Matt 16:18
Matt 18:18
Matt 28:18
Jn 20:21-23

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Biblical Example Joseph under pharaoh administers the kingdom and his brothers obeyed and submitted to him.

Christ is king and a king must rule the hearts and minds of his subjects!

All are subject to christ! Matt 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power (authority) is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

1 cor 4:1 Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.

The proof of true faith is humble subjection and obedience to Christ and His church!

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

Christ the king and His kingdom are one! Acts 9:4

Isa. 9:6-7 6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.

6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, The Lord Our Righteousness.

The Disciple John

Mar 11, 2022
Dennery
Faith
Christian
Country
Saint Lucia
the pagan Roman Empire
With the conversion of Constantine
Did you read the verses before verse 44? They do not say "the pagan Roman Empire With the conversion of Constantine". Did you notice what the verses say those kingdoms are?
Edit. @theefaith. Sorry about the last part which I removed. Didn't intent to sound confrontational. Hope you can respond to this.

Last edited:

The Disciple John

Mar 11, 2022
Dennery
Faith
Christian
Country
Saint Lucia
Why God's Government cannot be Christendom.
  1. Christendom is not a Government, but a religious system. God's kingdom is a government, or rulership. - Isaiah 9:6-7
  2. God's kingdom is governed or ruled by kings. Christendom is not ruled by kings, but religious leaders. - Psalms 2; Daniel 7:13-14; Daniel 7:18; Daniel 7:27; Luke 1:32-33; Luke 22:28-30; 2 Timothy 2:12; Revelation 5:10; Revelation 20:6; Revelation 22:5
  3. Christendom is not made up of a united body of ambassadors who represent God's government. - 2 Corinthians 5:20. Rather, they are separated into thousands of disunited sects who do not advocate the good news of God's kingdom.

• God's kingdom is a heavenly government - Psalms 2:6; Hebrews 12:22, ruled by Christ Jesus and 144,000 kings - heirs of the kingdom. Galatians 3:16; Galatians 3:29; Revelation 14:1
  • God's government will destroy all other rulership / kingdoms, and stand as the only government - one universal rule. Daniel 2:44-45
  • God's government is God's instrument to accomplish his will on earth. Matthew 6:10
  • God's government will have subjects who obey the laws of that government, and are blessed forever. Revelation 7:9-17; Revelation 21:3-4
  • God's government will accomplish what no other government can - cure all sicknesses / diseases - Isaiah 33:24; Matthew 4:23; restore the dead to life, and end death permanently - John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:26; prevent natural disasters - Matthew 8:23-27; feed the hungry and end poverty - Matthew 14:19-21; end wars, and eradicate all weapons of war... no need for gun control laws. :D etc.
  • No more homeless, and no more dangerous animals. Isaiah 11:1-9; Isaiah 65:17-25

All these scriptures, and more, shed light on God's government / rulership - God's kingdom.
Ephesians 1:10 nicely sums it up.
Ephesians 1:10 Interlinear: in regard to the dispensation of the fulness of the times, to bring into one the whole in the Christ, both the things in the heavens, and the things upon the earth -- in him;
Eph1-10.png

God administration involves unifying all mankind, both in heaven, and on earth. Matthew 6:10

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you read the verses before verse 44? They do not say "the pagan Roman Empire With the conversion of Constantine". Did you notice what the verses say those kingdoms are?
Edit. @theefaith. Sorry about the last part which I removed. Didn't intent to sound confrontational. Hope you can respond to this.

it refers to all those kingdoms that were conquered by Christ and his holy church!

The Disciple John

Mar 11, 2022
Dennery
Faith
Christian
Country
Saint Lucia
Daniel Chapter 2?
"all those kingdoms" refer to the kingdoms Daniel was shown - from Babylon to the last Daniel 2:36-44
Daniel 5:22-28 identifies the second kingdom.
Daniel 8:20, 21 identifies the third kingdom.

These kingdoms are not churches, but rulership. The kingdom God set's up, is also a rulership - his government, with his appointed king, which will destroy all kingdoms, and rule forever.
This is what 1 Corinthians 15:24-25 says. Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet.

Where are you getting that idea from?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel Chapter 2?
"all those kingdoms" refer to the kingdoms Daniel was shown - from Babylon to the last Daniel 2:36-44
Daniel 5:22-28 identifies the second kingdom.
Daniel 8:20, 21 identifies the third kingdom.

These kingdoms are not churches, but rulership. The kingdom God set's up, is also a rulership - his government, with his appointed king, which will destroy all kingdoms, and rule forever.
This is what 1 Corinthians 15:24-25 says. Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet.

Where are you getting that idea from?

matt 21:43 taken from Israel
Lk 22:29 given to the church

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please explain what you mean by taken from Israel.
Please explain what you mean by given to the church.

the church replaced Israel
Christ replaced David
The new covenant reply the old

Daniel 7:18
But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.

The Disciple John

Mar 11, 2022
Dennery
Faith
Christian
Country
Saint Lucia
the church replaced Israel
Christ replaced David
The new covenant reply the old

Daniel 7:18
But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.
I don't disagree.
So the Church is the Saints, and the Saints the Church, or congregation of God, just as Israel was the congregation of God?