God is in control: A Word from the Lord to those who will receive

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say I got it wrong that "this book" does not refer to the whole Bible. Without referring to the Old Testament, how would you understand Revelation 13:8?
The Book of Life was around from the beginning; but the Bible is not the same thing as the Book of Life. Can you find your name in the Bible?

When John introduced Jesus at the River Jordan, he said: "Behold the Christ who is the savior of the world who will take away the sins of the world," no John didn't say it that way (but I would have) rather, he said: "Behold the Lamb of God , who takes away the sins of the world."

What does an animal have to do with taking away the sins of the world? We learn that the Jews of old would take a lamb to sacrifice for the atoning of their sins. Now we see, (under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit) that Jesus is the ultimate sacrifice for sins.

To God Be The Glory
You demonstrate you don't know what you're talking about. It is "sin of the world" and not "sins." You might want it to read "sins," but it doesn't. You were hallucinating when you read that. It amazes me that people can read the Bible and claim they believe it; but then they can't quote it right. You treat the Bible lightly as if what it actually says doesn't matter . . . . I suggest you leave this forum and reread your Bible; and this time, take it more seriously.

I also know nothing about Jews sacrificing a lamb for "the atoning of their sins." That's not in my Bible. I wonder where you got that idea.

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say the few times I heard "audible" voices they were not from God. What a relief! I think I would get confused if I was with other people and heard a voice that made me wonder if it was a human or a spiritual voice. It seems as if Samuel started off a little confused at first. Then he learned how to distinguish between human and spiritual voices.

That is not to say that maybe some people couldn't hear audible voices; but I'm glad I don't hear them.
Maybe you just don't have itchy ears?

Reactions: Giuliano

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not addressing the issue ....you claimed that the words from Revelation 18 referred to all prophecy in ‘ the book ‘. I was showing that it was talking about the scroll which was written by John when he had the Revelation.

Rita
John didn't have the revelation, he recorded the revelation Jesus was given of His Father.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear Him speak like you do when you are listening to a song being played in your mind....you hear the melody, the lyrics and the voice of the singer....but not audibly....that's how I hear Him...
I like this. This is accurate to my own experience. He speaks with a voice in my mind, not heard by my ears but preceived. Like thinking about something knowing those thoughts did not originate with you.

It is like the difference between human knowledge and spiritual knowledge. The latter is hard to explain to those who never experienced the work of the Spirit.

It is difficult to describe "hearing God's voice" to non-Christians and it increasingly amazes me how difficult it is to explain to professing believers. I cannot imagine not having that relationship with my Father.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me quote Satan when he was talking about Job:

Job 1:10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
Ok I'll also quote Satan,
John 21:20-21 KJV
Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee? [21] Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do ?

It's really quite amazing, my wife shared it earlier with me. After this the saying went abroad that that disciple wouldn't die. Sound familiar?

Reactions: Giuliano

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not a game, these people are claiming to be a prophet of God, addressing his church.

Not something to take lightly!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great youu also believe this psalm pertains to Jesus?
I wasn't finished with what I was saying....lol....i switched from my phone to my computer and saw I accidentally posted it....let me finish it...
Matthew 4:5-7
5Then the devil took Him to the holy city and set Him on the pinnacle of the temple. 6“If You are the Son of God,” he said, “throw Yourself down. For it is written: ‘He will command His angels concerning You, and they will lift You up in their hands, so that You will not strike Your foot against a stone.’” 7Jesus replied, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’”…

Satan used scripture to fit his narrative...however it is taken out of context....these verses came from Psalm 91
9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

Jesus replied with scripture....Deuteronomy 6:13-19
13 Thou shalt fear the Lord thy God, and serve him, and shalt swear by his name.

14 Ye shall not go after other gods, of the gods of the people which are round about you;

15 (For the Lord thy God is a jealous God among you) lest the anger of the Lord thy God be kindled against thee, and destroy thee from off the face of the earth.

16 Ye shall not tempt the Lord your God, as ye tempted him in Massah.

17 Ye shall diligently keep the commandments of the Lord your God, and his testimonies, and his statutes, which he hath commanded thee.

18 And thou shalt do that which is right and good in the sight of the Lord: that it may be well with thee, and that thou mayest go in and possess the good land which the Lord sware unto thy fathers.

19 To cast out all thine enemies from before thee, as the Lord hath spoken.

So this is important to use verses before and after a verse you are quoting to get the whole context.

Reactions: John Caldwell

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not a game, these people are claiming to be a prophet of God, addressing his church.

Not something to take lightly!
I am claiming to be a messenger for Him...not THESE PEOPLE....and I take full responsibility for what I have shared because I did it in obedience to the Holy Spirit.....and when God has a message to speak through one of His vessels it is His responsibility to perform it...and in Him I have all trust..

By whose authority do you come here and rebuke what God has spoken?

Reactions: John Caldwell

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what was your answer again?
By whose authority have you come here to rebuke what God wanted to share?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
¿ Please expand.
There is another Hebrew word for “test” used elsewhere in the Bible. Nacah means “to put to the test, try, or tempt.” It is used in Deuteronomy 6:16, where God commands Israel to not test Him: “Do not put the Lord your God to the test as you did at Massah.”

This second, unacceptable kind of testing is when doubt leads us to demand something of God to prove Himself to us. Jesus quoted Deuteronomy 6:16 in the wilderness, in response to one of Satan’s temptations. “The devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. ‘If you are the Son of God,’ he said, ‘throw yourself down. For it is written: “He will command his angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.” Jesus answered him, ‘It is also written: “Do not put the Lord your God to the test”’” (Matthew 4:7–10). Essentially, the devil was telling Jesus to “prove” God’s Word was true by forcing God’s hand—if Jesus was in peril, God would have to save Him. Jesus refused to test God in such a way. We are to accept God’s Word by faith, without requiring a sign (see Luke 11:29). God’s promises are there for us when we need them; to manipulate situations in an attempt to coerce God into fulfilling His promises is evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.