God is in control: A Word from the Lord to those who will receive

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you should read about the small still voice. When God spoke to Elijah, I believe the small still voice was an audible whisper, but that's just one way, God can speak to us in many ways.

1 Kings 19:11-13

Then He said, "Go out, and stand on the mountain before the Lord." And behold the Lord passed by and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake; and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a small still voice. So it was, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle and went out and stood in the entrance of the cave. Suddenly a voice came to him, and said "What are you doing here, Elijah? "
Revelation was not sealed when God spoke to Elijah.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a lie from Satan....God's Word is a Living Word and it continues to perform what is written yesterday, today and forever.
You probably have never heard Him speaking because you don't listen...and you lack faith.
No, the teaching of Jesus in Jn14,15,16 was not a "lie from Satan". It was direct teaching from Jesus to the Apostles. They were unique and given those promises.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I live 5 blocks from what was the City of Faith. I have lived in Tulsa since 1985...ORU is still thriving....Cancer Treatment Centers of America occupied the building until they built their own hospital here in Tulsa....the medical students of ORU still train in that building...the City of Faith is still a hospital...Orthopedic Surgery....the Mabee Center is still thriving...Oral Roberts was mocked and ridiculed by everyone but he got the money.
Now having said all that....what does Oral Roberts have to do with me or anyone else for that matter?
He lied. Jesus did not tell him everyone had to pay $144 dollars, in one payment, or 12 monthly installments

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry Anthony but I tend to prefer to read scripture in context ..

Revelation 1:3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy and blessed are those who hear it
Revelation 1:11. Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches

Revelation 22: 18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll : if anyone adds anything to them ( meaning the words within this scroll ) God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll ‘ and if anyone takes words away from the scroll of prophecy God will take away from that person any share in the book of life.....

It doesn’t use the plural when it comes to scrolls and it very much talks in context of what John has been asked to write down on this scroll and send it to the churches.
Rita
Revelation of Jesus is sealed. There are no more Apostles. They were given all that pertains to life and godliness, as promised by Jesus.

R

Rita

Revelation of Jesus is sealed. There are no more Apostles. They were given all that pertains to life and godliness, as promised by Jesus.

That is not addressing the issue ....you claimed that the words from Revelation 18 referred to all prophecy in ‘ the book ‘. I was showing that it was talking about the scroll which was written by John when he had the Revelation.

Rita

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Anthony D'Arienzo

Revelation of Jesus is not sealed in the way you think it is, He is still revealing many things, to many people all around the earth today.

The verses you quoted were written so that people may not add or subtract from the book of Revelation itself.

Let's use an example

Newspaper editor says I do not like this article in the paper, it offends me, so I am going to completely remove this article before we print it.

No one is meant to do that to the written word of God, especially the book of Revelation.

------------------------

However the Bible is allowed to be translated, as with each translation from the original languages, they try to improve it into simpler English, trying their best to do it without taking away the original meaning from the original Hebrew, Greek, Aramaic texts, so that more people may understand easier, especially people with a small vocabulary like me. :p

Translators have a better understanding of the Greek and Hebrew these days, not too sure about Aramaic, as that is quite a lost language, but there are still small communities that know the Aramaic language, and if one can speak Aramaic and English, they probably could be pretty good translators too.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Anthony D'Arienzo

Read Hebrews 13:8

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today and forever."

If Jesus showed John visions, He can still show us visions, if He spoke to Elijah in a small audible voice, He can still speak to us in a small audible voice, if He gave Joseph dreams, He can still give us dreams, if God lead the people of Israel by a Pillar of Cloud in the day and a Pillar of Fire by the night, the Spirit of the Lord can still lead us.

God can still speak to us in whatever way he wants.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that's why we should live one day at a time. :p
Two things immediately came to my mind when I read this:

One is simply living from pay check to pay check. I was there once as a young man.

The other way is as per these words:

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." Matt 6:34

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say the few times I heard "audible" voices they were not from God. What a relief! I think I would get confused if I was with other people and heard a voice that made me wonder if it was a human or a spiritual voice. It seems as if Samuel started off a little confused at first. Then he learned how to distinguish between human and spiritual voices.

That is not to say that maybe some people couldn't hear audible voices; but I'm glad I don't hear them.
But actually if another person has a message from God that he speaks to us, is that not really God's voice speaking audibly? I know people are thinking of a voice from no visible source, but certainly God is not so limited as that in His ability to communicate with people...

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But actually if another person has a message from God that he speaks to us, is that not really God's voice speaking audibly? I know people are thinking of a voice from no visible source, but certainly God is not so limited as that in His ability to communicate with people...
Matthew 10:41 He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.

I believe faith comes by hearing, so I answer yes. While there may be individuals who hear the Gospel message first from angels, I think the usual way is to hear the "word of faith" first from a servant of God's who was given the Power to speak it. That servant does not need to be perfect. It is enough if he loves others and wants them to come to know about Jesus and salvation.

Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

The person does not scrounge up faith on his own steam. He has received it from the person speaking the word of faith -- like soil receiving a seed. Timothy received his faith in God from others. Paul mentions the faith that was in Timothy first being in Lois.

2 Timothy 1:5 When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also.

Does the seed survive? That's up to the person who receives it.

James 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

James is not telling people to read their Bibles! While there's nothing wrong with reading the Bible, there might be something wrong with believing reading it is going to be enough to save you.

17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

The Bible is not going to beget anyone.

22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Back to Genesis: Let there be light. Half of the darkness became light. The other half remained dark. Half obeyed the Living Word, the other half did not.

I note that at first the new believer usually cannot contact Heaven for himself with great certainty; and such a new believer also could be carried away by pride if he could speak with spirits easily. A period of growth is good then -- as the "mustard seed" grows as a "herb." Being faithful as a herb, it will become a "tree" with its branches in Heaven. The birds can rest in its branches -- yes, the angels come around. Such a person should not be surprised if he begins to hear spiritual voices without having another human around to speak the "Word" to him. He begins to hear the Word directly from Heaven itself.

And I teach that any proper teacher, any proper church, should be able to take a new Christian and bring him to the point where he can find out things for himself. He can see and hear for himself. Holy books and holy men were good and useful in the past when he needed them, being unable to hear and see for himself. A valid teacher will never want to keep his students in perpetual dependency on him. The "spiritual leader" who claims he is special and you need him because he can hear from God and you never will is a fraud, a tool of Satan trying to keep you enslaved spiritually.

The denomination that says people must adopt the Bible as their own guide is also keeping people in slavery since when they say that, they are also saying you must adopt their interpretations of the Bible as the only valid truth. Run as fast as you can from such a denomination. It is good to "believe" the Bible is probably true when you are spiritually blind and deaf; and if you have a teacher who isn't blind and deaf, that gives you a good reason to beleive it's true, but you still haven't seen and heard things for yourself. You will be like Job before he "saw" for himself.

I witness it is possible to know some things in the Bible are true. I cannot prove it to others, but I have seen and heard for myself some of the things mentioned in the Bible. All I ask people to do is to have an open mind about it -- so if God wants them to see and hear for themselves, they won't be erecting barriers of disbelief. Don't trust me as a prophet! Don't follow me! Don't ask me to explain everything! Just trust me enough when I say God is good and wants everyone to come the truth, wants everyone to have eyes that see and ears that hear.

What good did the Scriptures do some people when they met Jesus? He was there in person, in front of their eyes; but they didn't recognize him. They put their faith in their human understanding of what the Scriptures said -- in what they had been taught or perhaps in their own interpretations. The Scriptures did them no good at all. They had "the word" in their books, but lacked it in themselves.

John 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
41 I receive not honour from men.
42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.

I like the last verse especially. If the people he was talking to admitted to themselves they lacked the love of God, there would be hope for them. God is Love. If we reject love, it probably is best to stick to holy books and holy men, since the person guided by other things will attract the demonic if he seeks to hear voices. Let them have their "form of godliness" without the power. Let them be "ever learning" and never able to come to the truth.

Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

I find that verse interesting since it tells us we may need to circumcise our hearts and ears. Ah, yes, repentance when the Holy Ghost does get through enough to tell us to repent.

Last edited:

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God spoke to me and said that the virus pandemic will end SUDDENLY as He will send His Spirit to eradicate it....

How did you know it was God who spoke to you seeing that since the Bible was completed we are NOT to add to His word?

You were either hallucinating, or there is one who will accommodate you...Satan, as he comes looking like Christ to deceive the very elect. You didn't think he comes in a red suit, with two horns, and a fork tail, did you?

God will NEVER violate His own WORD!

This is what I heard Him speak...and just tonight I was watching one of my favorite ministers on TV and he gave the same message as I have shared here....this is confirmation.
I beg to differ. It was not a confirmation, rather a coincidence.

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How did you know it was God who spoke to you seeing that since the Bible was completed we are NOT to add to His word?

You were either hallucinating, or there is one who will accommodate you...Satan, as he comes looking like Christ to deceive the very elect. You didn't think he comes in a red suit, with two horns, and a fork tail, did you?

Everything He spoke to me can be backed by scripture.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 10:41 He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.

I believe faith comes by hearing, so I answer yes. While there may be individuals who hear the Gospel message first from angels, I think the usual way is to hear the "word of faith" first from a servant of God's who was given the Power to speak it. That servant does not need to be perfect. It is enough if he loves others and wants them to come to know about Jesus and salvation.

Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

The person does not scrounge up faith on his own steam. He has received it from the person speaking the word of faith -- like soil receiving a seed. Timothy received his faith in God from others. Paul mentions the faith that was in Timothy first being in Lois.

2 Timothy 1:5 When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also.

Does the seed survive? That's up to the person who receives it.

James 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

James is not telling people to read their Bibles! While there's nothing wrong with reading the Bible, there might be something wrong with believing reading it is going to be enough to save you.

17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

The Bible is not going to beget anyone.

22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Back to Genesis: Let there be light. Half of the darkness became light. The other half remained dark. Half obeyed the Living Word, the other half did not.

I note that at first the new believer usually cannot contact Heaven for himself with great certainty; and such a new believer also could be carried away by pride if he could speak with spirits easily. A period of growth is good then -- as the "mustard seed" grows as a "herb." Being faithful as a herb, it will become a "tree" with its branches in Heaven. The birds can rest in its branches -- yes, the angels come around. Such a person should not be surprised if he begins to hear spiritual voices without having another human around to speak the "Word" to him. He begins to hear the Word directly from Heaven itself.

And I teach that any proper teacher, any proper church, should be able to take a new Christian and bring him to the point where he can find out things for himself. He can see and hear for himself. Holy books and holy men were good and useful in the past when he needed them, being unable to hear and see for himself. A valid teacher will never want to keep his students in perpetual dependency on him. The "spiritual leader" who claims he is special and you need him because he can hear from God and you never will is a fraud, a tool of Satan trying to keep you enslaved spiritually.

The denomination that says people must adopt the Bible as their own guide is also keeping people in slavery since when they say that, they are also saying you must adopt their interpretations of the Bible as the only valid truth. Run as fast as you can from such a denomination. It is good to "believe" the Bible is probably true when you are spiritually blind and deaf; and if you have a teacher who isn't blind and deaf, that gives you a good reason to beleive it's true, but you still haven't seen and heard things for yourself. You will be like Job before he "saw" for himself.

I witness it is possible to know some things in the Bible are true. I cannot prove it to others, but I have seen and heard for myself some of the things mentioned in the Bible. All I ask people to do is to have an open mind about it -- so if God wants them to see and hear for themselves, they won't be erecting barriers of disbelief. Don't trust me as a prophet! Don't follow me! Don't ask me to explain everything! Just trust me enough when I say God is good and wants everyone to come the truth, wants everyone to have eyes that see and ears that hear.

What good did the Scriptures do some people when they met Jesus? He was there in person, in front of their eyes; but they didn't recognize him. They put their faith in their human understanding of what the Scriptures said -- in what they had been taught or perhaps in their own interpretations. The Scriptures did them no good at all. They had "the word" in their books, but lacked it in themselves.

John 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
41 I receive not honour from men.
42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.

I like the last verse especially. If the people he was talking to admitted to themselves they lacked the love of God, there would be hope for them. God is Love. If we reject love, it probably is best to stick to holy books and holy men, since the person guided by other things will attract the demonic if he seeks to hear voices. Let them have their "form of godliness" without the power. Let them be "ever learning" and never able to come to the truth.

Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

I find that verse interesting since it tells us we may need to circumcise our hearts and ears. Ah, yes, repentance when the Holy Ghost does get through enough to tell us to repent.
Are you sure you didn't leave anything out? Lol. Very thorough and edifying!

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything He spoke to me can be backed by scripture.

Chapter and verse, please.

You cannot understand Revelation unless you read the whole Bible. Apparently you did not get the simple gist of Revelation 22:18.

To God Be The Glory

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How do you know you're not hallucinating when you read your Bible and think all your thoughts are the truth?

Reactions: amadeus

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Chapter and verse, please.

You cannot understand Revelation unless you read the whole Bible. Apparently you did not get the simple gist of Revelation 22:18.

To God Be The Glory
I agree it is simple, so how can you get it so wrong? "This book" does not refer to the whole Bible. No such book existed then. People had scrolls with the different books of Scripture. That's a matter of history; and it should be plain too by reading Revelation 22:18. So how can you get it so wrong?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Indeed God sent us helpers to help get to a place where we no longer need them:

"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:" Eph 4:11-13

... Don't trust me as a prophet! Don't follow me! Don't ask me to explain everything! Just trust me enough when I say God is good and wants everyone to come the truth, wants everyone to have eyes that see and ears that hear.
"Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ." I Cor 11:1

Indeed, don't follow @Paul or @Giuliano or @amadeus except as they are leading to Christ. Once a person really is "in Christ" what does he need then? Who does he need to lead him? Who do he need to follow?

Reactions: Giuliano

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree it is simple, so how can you get it so wrong? "This book" does not refer to the whole Bible. No such book existed then. People had scrolls with the different books of Scripture. That's a matter of history; and it should be plain too by reading Revelation 22:18. So how can you get it so wrong?

You say I got it wrong that "this book" does not refer to the whole Bible. Without referring to the Old Testament, how would you understand Revelation 13:8?

When John introduced Jesus at the River Jordan, he said: "Behold the Christ who is the savior of the world who will take away the sins of the world," no John didn't say it that way (but I would have) rather, he said: "Behold the Lamb of God , who takes away the sins of the world."

What does an animal have to do with taking away the sins of the world? We learn that the Jews of old would take a lamb to sacrifice for the atoning of their sins. Now we see, (under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit) that Jesus is the ultimate sacrifice for sins.

To God Be The Glory

Status
Not open for further replies.