God is Just to Forgive Past sins

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing that is noteworthy is that our forgiveness is one of the basis Jehovah examines in His forgiveness Robert. Mat 6:14
For day to day life, yes. for eternal salvation? NO! Our eternal forgiveness was bought by the blood Jesus shed on the cross and when He physically rose from the dead.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll take a stab at it. Present and futures sins are 'under the blood', until they are repented of?

In any case, there is no such gospel of 'under the blood'. That is a christian-type term made up for Christians excusing their sins. It's the same as saying the blood of Jesus only covers sins, like that of bulls and goats.

The blood of the Lamb of God cleanses and washes away sins that are past.

If we are sinning again, then there remains no more sacrifice for the sinning, because the blood of the Lamb cannot wash away sinning as it is being committed.

Paul is saying that if we are currently wilfully sinning again, then we must come to the cross like all sinners, to confess our sin, and be forgiven and saved and washed from it.

We must once again go to the Advocate for the whole world, just as any sinner of the world must with godly sorrow.

We are saved and washed from sinning, not while sinning, nor in our sins.

The righteous judgment of the Judge, is that He does not go back to commit double jeopardy upon someone, that He has found not guilty for past trespasses.
Good luck with your doctrine. I'll stick with Jesus

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said He won't forgive. The reason is He can't forgive the unrepentant.

Holding to hatred, vengeance, wrath etc... is hard heartedness. Not the Spirit of God.

For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

However, we can only forgive others that desire it. But we still don't allow bitterness to remain.
Sometimes it shocks me how intelligent people cannot grasp the simplest of points. 2 Cor 4:4 in action is the only explanation.

Reactions: ButterflyJones

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For day to day life, yes. for eternal salvation? NO! Our eternal forgiveness was bought by the blood Jesus shed on the cross and when He physically rose from the dead.
I don't think Jesus was wrong Ron, what do you grasp concerning eternal salvation from this account Jesus gave: (Matthew 18:23-35) . . .“That is why the Kingdom of the heavens may be likened to a king who wanted to settle accounts with his slaves. 24 When he started to settle them, a man was brought in who owed him 10,000 talents. 25 But because he did not have the means to pay it back, his master ordered him and his wife and his children and all the things he owned to be sold and payment to be made. 26 So the slave fell down and did obeisance to him, saying, ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay back everything to you.’ 27 Moved with pity at this, the master of that slave let him off and canceled his debt. 28 But that slave went out and found one of his fellow slaves, who owed him 100 de·narʹi·i, and grabbed him and began to choke him, saying, ‘Pay back whatever you owe.’ 29 So his fellow slave fell down and began to beg him, saying, ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay you back.’ 30 However, he was not willing, but he went and had him thrown into prison until he could pay back what he owed. 31 When his fellow slaves saw what had happened, they became greatly distressed, and they went and reported to their master all the things that had happened. 32 Then his master summoned him and said to him: ‘Wicked slave, I canceled all that debt for you when you pleaded with me. 33 Should you not also have shown mercy to your fellow slave as I showed mercy to you?’ 34 With that his master, provoked to wrath, handed him over to the jailers until he repaid all that he owed. 35 My heavenly Father will also deal with you in the same way if each of you does not forgive your brother from your heart.”

I see it differently, I believe that if a person is unforgiving to others, keeping account of the injury, that Jesus is correct, he will take that into account when showing forgiveness. You do what you want, but I will continue to be as forgiving as I can be to others. I kinda have this big idea that the more I forgive the more treasures in heaven I store up sir. I think it has very much to do with our eternal salvation.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think Jesus was wrong Ron, what do you grasp concerning eternal salvation from this account Jesus gave: (Matthew 18:23-35) . . .“That is why the Kingdom of the heavens may be likened to a king who wanted to settle accounts with his slaves. 24 When he started to settle them, a man was brought in who owed him 10,000 talents. 25 But because he did not have the means to pay it back, his master ordered him and his wife and his children and all the things he owned to be sold and payment to be made. 26 So the slave fell down and did obeisance to him, saying, ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay back everything to you.’ 27 Moved with pity at this, the master of that slave let him off and canceled his debt. 28 But that slave went out and found one of his fellow slaves, who owed him 100 de·narʹi·i, and grabbed him and began to choke him, saying, ‘Pay back whatever you owe.’ 29 So his fellow slave fell down and began to beg him, saying, ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay you back.’ 30 However, he was not willing, but he went and had him thrown into prison until he could pay back what he owed. 31 When his fellow slaves saw what had happened, they became greatly distressed, and they went and reported to their master all the things that had happened. 32 Then his master summoned him and said to him: ‘Wicked slave, I canceled all that debt for you when you pleaded with me. 33 Should you not also have shown mercy to your fellow slave as I showed mercy to you?’ 34 With that his master, provoked to wrath, handed him over to the jailers until he repaid all that he owed. 35 My heavenly Father will also deal with you in the same way if each of you does not forgive your brother from your heart.”

I see it differently, I believe that if a person is unforgiving to others, keeping account of the injury, that Jesus is correct, he will take that into account when showing forgiveness. You do what you want, but I will continue to be as forgiving as I can be to others. I kinda have this big idea that the more I forgive the more treasures in heaven I store up sir. I think it has very much to do with our eternal salvation.
We are taught to forgive others as we have been forgiven, but know for certainty salvation is not based on the level we forgive others.

As Paul said so succinctly:

Ephesians 2:8-9

King James Version

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

No works are needed to get saved or stay saved!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes it shocks me how intelligent people cannot grasp the simplest of points. 2 Cor 4:4 in action is the only explanation.
Now that hurts. A JW created christ cultist calling someone else blind to the true God.

However, since they speak of their own falsely created god, that I am blind to, then it's a compliment.

Thanks.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
According to His law, past sins can be forgiven by the death of a sacrifice on our behalf.

Reader,

The Cross is where God forgives the sin of the World.

Jesus is the "one time Eternal Sacrifice for sin"....so, this teaches that the forgiveness is Eternal, and not just "past sins", as some cults teach.

John 3:16-17
2 Corinthians 5:19

This Eternal forgiveness of your sin is not based on Law, as the Cross is not based on the Law or Commandments.
its based on God's Grace and God's Mercy and God's Love.
The Cross was prophesied many times in the OT.

Here are 2

Zechariah 12:10

Isaiah 53:5

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reader,

The Cross is where God forgives the sin of the World.

Jesus is the "one time Eternal Sacrifice for sin"....so, this teaches that the forgiveness is Eternal, and not just "past sins", as some cults teach.

John 3:16-17
2 Corinthians 5:19

This Eternal forgiveness of your sin is not based on Law, as the Cross is not based on the Law or Commandments.
its based on God's Grace and God's Mercy and God's Love.
The Cross was prophesied many times in the OT.

Here are 2

Zechariah 12:10

Isaiah 53:5

Christ was made flesh after the law, being circumcised on the 8th day, and Christ died for sins according to the penalty of the law.

By God's own law, god is now able to forgive our past sinning through forgiveness and washing of the blood.

Those who demonize the law and exalt grace beyond righteousness, are just imagining they are 'eternally' forgiven while sinning with the devil.

It's hypocrisy 101, that even the world rightly mocks.

And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?

Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?

Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?

For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

All this spirit-only, faith-only, symbol-only stuff is just vain imagination only doctrinally used for hypocrisy.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Those who demonize the law and exalt grace beyond righteousness,

""" Christ is the end of the Law for Righteousness for everyone who Believes'.

"""Christ has redeemed us from the CURSE of the Law"""

"The power of SIN is the LAW, and the Law is the Power of SIN".

The born again are "NOT under the Law, but Under Grace"..

"The Law is our schoolmaster to lead us to CHRIST, so that we can be Justified by FAITH".. "without the deeds of the Law".

So Robert, be careful that some demon led person or cult does not try to get you back under the "law"
You might think they are really a Christian or a real church, but in fact they are led of the Devil.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The end is the fulfillment of the law righteously by the faith of Jesus, not the end of the law as dead and gone.

Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:

Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Neither the law of Christ, nor His commandment, nor His faith are ended in this life.

Those who reject the law of Christ, reject His commandment and faith.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By redeeming us from sinning and transgressing His law.

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins
The Law of Christ has power to make known transgression, and to convict the soul of sinning against Him.

For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The end is the fulfillment of the law righteously by the faith of Jesus, not the end of the law as dead and gone.

"Christ......is the END of the LAW......for Righteousness =TO/FOR everyone who BELIEVES".

"Faith is counted as Righteousness"...... not Law.

The Devil teaches that Law is Righteousness.
God teaches that the Cross provides Christ's Righteousness, as "the Gift of Righteousness".

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Under the law is in transgression of it, with the weight of the law being the sentence of death.

All sinners are under the law unto condemnation, as a guilty prisoner under a jail door, waiting for execution.

Under grace is being bound under the power and help of God in time of need, to overcome temptation and not sin against Him.

No one sinning for the devil and transgressing the law of Christ, is believing Jesus, keeping His commandment nor His faith, and doing His righteousness. Nor are they under His grace, because they don't want any help from God not to be sinning at the time.

Everyone while sinning with the devil, is under the condemnation and curse of the law of God.

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like:

Of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

One simple question: If anyone doing such things, while they are doing it, are they inheriting the kingdom of God?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Those who reject the law of Christ, reject His commandment and faith.

Making up a doctrine to justify themselves, is as vain as imaginative faith alone.

It would be heresy that teaches that "the law of Christ'" is Moses's Law and the 10 Commandments.
"the law came by MOSES, but Grace and TRUTH came by JESUS The CHRIST".
Also, this same heresy, would believe that doctrine justifies.
In Fact, its the Blood of Jesus and the Death of Christ that is the eternal Atonement, that God provides as "The CROSS of Christ".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
One simple question: If anyone doing such things, while they are doing it, are they inheriting the kingdom of God?

The born again already exist in the KOG., having been "Translated from darkness ... TO LIGHT".
Jesus said the KOG is within you, and that means you have become the "temple of the Holy Spirit".
The born again are already there, as being born again as a "new Creation in Christ' proves it.

This is why Jesus told you, that "you must be born again"...as that is how you enter the KOG.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Christ......is the END of the LAW......for Righteousness =TO/FOR everyone who BELIEVES".

Neither the law, commandment, nor faith of Christ is ended.

If so, no one is saved.
"Faith is counted as Righteousness"...... not Law.
Faith is not counted as righteousness without doing righteousness.

If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Dead faith alone is dead, and justifies no man. That includes doctrine alone. We don't doctrinalize ourselves saved and justified.

The Devil teaches that Law is Righteousness.
The devil teaches that the law, commandment, and faith of Christ is dead.

God teaches that the Cross provides Christ's Righteousness,
For all them that repent, believe the gospel, and obey Him.

as "the Gift of Righteousness".

There is no gift of righteousness nor grace. Grace is for help to do righteousness, and be righteous.

Doctrinalized gifts are vain and useless, as dead faith alone. Though they do lead unto more ungodliness and death.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
There is no gift of righteousness nor grace.

Be careful how you lie against The Grace of God in Pubic., on a forum, Robert.

New International Version
For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the GIFT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ!

New Living Translation
For the sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over many. But even greater is God’s wonderful grace and his gift of righteousness, for all who receive it will live in triumph over sin and death through this one man, Jesus Christ.

English Standard Version
For if, because of one man’s trespass, death reigned through that one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the FREE GIFT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Neither the law, commandment, nor faith of Christ is ended.

"The Law is our schoolmaster to lead us to CHRIST, so that we can be Justified by FAITH".. "without the deeds of the Law".

So Robert, be careful that some demon led person or cult does not try to get you back under the "law"
You might think they are really a Christian or a real church, but in fact they are led of the Devil.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would be heresy that teaches that "the law of Christ'" is Moses's Law and the 10 Commandments.
Correct.

"the law came by MOSES, but Grace and TRUTH came by JESUS The CHRIST".
Also, this same heresy, would believe that doctrine justifies.
Then stop teaching it. By your false doctrine, you think you are saved and justified by your own dead faith alone, while also committing unrighteous works of the devil.

Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

In Fact, its the Blood of Jesus and the Death of Christ that is the eternal Atonement, that God provides as "The CROSS".
For all who come to Him by faith to repent of sinning, be forgiven for past sinning, and be washed clean from sinning in His blood.

Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

There is no sprinkling nor washing of the blood, without obedience to His faith and righteousness.

Obeying one's doctrine to be justified by faith alone, is not obeying anything but one's own mind. It's called being obedient to false doctrine of faith alone, and forcing oneself to believe they are saved while sinning with the devil.

After a while, the conscience is so seared, they don't even need to force themselves to believe it. They just celebrate grace during fellowship with the devil.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be careful how you lie against The Grace of God in Pubic., on a forum, Robert.

New International Version
For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the GIFT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ!

New Living Translation
For the sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over many. But even greater is God’s wonderful grace and his gift of righteousness, for all who receive it will live in triumph over sin and death through this one man, Jesus Christ.

English Standard Version
For if, because of one man’s trespass, death reigned through that one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the FREE GIFT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ.
As I said, there is no 'gift' of righteousness by dead faith alone. Nor is there in 'gift' of grace to be doctrinally covered, while sinning with the devil.

Your pseudo grace and righteousness by your own doctrine alone, is not God's nor the doctrine of Christ.

Only those doing the righteousness of God by the faith of Jesus with a pure heart, are righteous with God.

It's not possible to be a child of the devil sinning with him, and a righteous son of God.