God is Just to Forgive Past sins

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thousands of water baptized commandment keeping religious people went to hell today, tomorrow, and yesterdy.

Why?

Because......... Jesus said......"You must be born again".

You need to figure this out before you die, bro.fan.

Interesting you brought up born again, let's go to John 3:1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: 2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. 3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Notice verse 3, except a man is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. We have just learned something here. If you are not born again you can not see the kingdom of God. As we go further you will understand this. Remember there is a time for everything.

Nicodemus asked a very good question. Take a look at the next set of verses.

John 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

In verse 5, born of the water in this case is the Word of God. Notice the Lord mentions the kingdom of God again, but He adds a little more information. He says "Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. When he mentions spirit He means exactly that. Watch how the Lord gives something physical to describe exactly what He means.

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Notice: He made a difference between flesh and spirit. Ask yourself that question, was you born flesh or spirit?

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Notice: He compared the wind to a spirit. Can you see the wind? No! We have seen things being blown around by the wind, but we have never seen the wind. If you are born of the spirit you are like the wind. This is when you are truly born again, when you are born of the spirit.

Notice: what Jesus does in these next few verses. Remember, this is after His resurrection.

John 20:26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. 27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Note two very important things within these verses. 1. Jesus appeared in the midst of them and the doors were shut. 2. Thomas called Him God. When Jesus came out of the grave he was born into the God family. That's when you born again.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Moses the servant of the LORD commanded the children of Israel, as it is written in the book of the law of Moses,

And he wrote there upon the stones a copy of the law of Moses, which he wrote in the presence of the children of Israel.

He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
That's not saying Moses had laws, it saying Moses wrote the laws.

True.

True.

And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

This is true, but contradictory with still having sin.

The law doesn't control any sinning, but only condemns it. Transgressing the law shows us we need a deliverer from sinning.

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

The law did not stop sinning, but only exposed it. The sacrifices were only for covering the people from condemnation for sinning. The blood of the Lamb washes us clean of all unrighteousness, so that there is no condemnation for sinning.
Agree

True. When He was resurrected, He brought in the New Covenant and law of Christ and doctrine of the apostles, replacing that of Moses.

True again.
What I trying to get you to see that Moses have no laws, all those laws where Christ. Let's go to 1 Corinthains 10: 1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 2 and were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 3 and did all eat the same spiritual meat; 4 and did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. That was Jesus back into the days of Moses. Moses when in the mount for forty days and forty nights talking to Jesus. But at that time Jesus came in another name. When the bible speaks of laws we no longer have to keep, it is speaking of the sacrificial laws and Priesthood laws. These laws were a school master pointing us to the fact that Jesus would be sacrificed for our sins. Since Jesus died we are no longer under a school master, (required to offer up bulls and goats for our sins). The other laws are still intact.

Now we must believe (have faith) Jesus died for us (Hebrews 10:4,9-10) 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. 9 then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. 10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

This doesn't mean we don't have to obey God's moral laws of conduct. That would be like a man getting paroled from prison and then ignoring the same laws that sent him to prison in the first place. Jesus only died once, so if we willingly break God's law, after accepting Jesus, our reward will be eternal damnation (Hebrews 10:26-27) 26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. Let us avoid this at all costs, seeking a better reward. Jesus will return real soon And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. (Revelation 22:12).

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God saves us through the Cross of Christ, not through commandments, or water, or law, or works.

If keeping the commandments could save you, then Jesus didn't have to die for your sin on the Cross.

Notice that He did?
Jesus brought grace when he came in the flesh, but example of grace was in the days of Noah. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD. (Genesis 6:8), And Noah and his family was saved. Now Paul said in (Rom. 3:23-25) (v.23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. (v.24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: (v.25) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God.

So the bible tells you to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2 :36-38). And by doing so you come up under his precious blood and then you are saved from your sins that are past, not present or future sins but for sins that are past. We were all locked under death by Adam’s sin, even the second death. But when Jesus became (he was God in the beginning) man and died for the sins of the world, he gave us access back to the tree of life (himself) which Adam had caused us to lose. That’s what grace is, our free gift our access back to the tree of life but that’s another lesson for another time.

So by coming under the blood of Jesus you are saved from your past sins. And if you are saved now, it is on a day to day basis. Because for all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God (Romans 23:3), and if you continue to live you will sin again. It is the willful sinning that you need to put in check. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. (Hebrew 10: 26, 27)

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not saying Moses had laws, it saying Moses wrote the laws.

That's fine. I'll not quibble about what the law of Moses means.

However, the doctrine of Christ is also called the apostles' doctrine, and Paul called it his gospel.

And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

What I trying to get you to see that Moses have no laws, all those laws where Christ. Let's go to 1 Corinthains 10: 1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 2 and were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 3 and did all eat the same spiritual meat; 4 and did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. That was Jesus back into the days of Moses.
True.

And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

He also made the covenant with Abraham.

Moses when in the mount for forty days and forty nights talking to Jesus.
The Word was not yet called Jesus, unto He was made flesh. The name of Jesus is specially for the man Christ Jesus.

But at that time Jesus came in another name. When the bible speaks of laws we no longer have to keep, it is speaking of the sacrificial laws and Priesthood laws. These laws were a school master pointing us to the fact that Jesus would be sacrificed for our sins. Since Jesus died we are no longer under a school master, (required to offer up bulls and goats for our sins).
We are still bound to the law of Christ to do it.

And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but bound to the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

The other laws are still intact.
Some are. not all. Only those commandments and points of law given by Christ to His apostles, are His law, that His church is bound to obey and not transgress nor neglect doing.

Now we must believe (have faith) Jesus died for us (Hebrews 10:4,9-10) 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. 9 then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. 10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
True. He died for all men, that any man believing on Him bight be forgiven of past sins, and be delivered from sinning.

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

This doesn't mean we don't have to obey God's moral laws of conduct. That would be like a man getting paroled from prison and then ignoring the same laws that sent him to prison in the first place.
Exactly. God bless your preaching righteousness. Not all Christians do so.

Jesus only died once, so if we willingly break God's law, after accepting Jesus, our reward will be eternal damnation (Hebrews 10:26-27)
And preaching His righteousness without condition. Amen to that.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's fine. I'll not quibble about what the law of Moses means.

However, the doctrine of Christ is also called the apostles' doctrine, and Paul called it his gospel.

And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

True.

He also made the covenant with Abraham.

The Word was not yet called Jesus, unto He was made flesh. The name of Jesus is specially for the man Christ Jesus.

We are still bound to the law of Christ to do it.

Let's take a good look at this covenant in Galatians 3 because Paul says (Gal. 3:1, 13, 16-17, 19, 24) (v.1) O FOOLISH Ga-la’-tians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? (v.13) Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, CURSED IS EVERYONE THAT HANGETH ON A TREE: What law is this talking about? Let the bible speak for itself.

(v.16) Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, and to seeds, as of many; but as of One, AND TO THY SEED, which is Christ. (v.17) And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

Now pay attention, the law that is being spoken of here came four hundred and thirty years after this covenant. But God’s holy commandments have been around forever even before man was created. Remember that Satan was kicked out of heaven because iniquity (sin) was found in him. And what is sin? The transgression of the law (commandments). Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that counts. (1John 3:4)

(v.19) Wherefore then serveth the law? A question is being asked here. Then why should we serve this law? It was added because of transgression, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; the law that we are talking about here was added because of sin. But we now know that sin is the transgression of the law.

How do you add a law if sin is the transgression of the law? Because there are two sets of laws, you have God’s holy commandments which abided forever, and you had the animal sacrificial law which was added because of sin, but it was only good until the seed should come to whom the promise was made, and that seed was Jesus.

(v.24) Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. This animal sacrificial law was only a schoolmaster.

And this schoolmaster taught you that when you sinned in ignorance blood had to be shed (an animal sacrificed). But Christ being the ultimate sacrifice shed his precious blood once and for all, and by doing this putting an end to the animal sacrificial law.

To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but bound to the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

Some are. not all. Only those commandments and points of law given by Christ to His apostles, are His law, that His church is bound to obey and not transgress nor neglect doing.

True. He died for all men, that any man believing on Him bight be forgiven of past sins, and be delivered from sinning.

Exactly. God bless your preaching righteousness. Not all Christians do so.

And preaching His righteousness without condition. Amen to that.
Praise the Lord in Jesus name!