God kills Hypocrites and Takes them Home. He will not be Mocked.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is here comparing the one who believes he is without sin, right with God, with the one who has no such delusions that he doesn't sin

L i k e. this one:

“…depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” (Matthew 7:23)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why, I'll show him a thing or two!! I will NOT be mocked!!! I'll just snatch him here to heaven by the scruff of his neck, and give that devilish brother of mine a real shellacking!!!!"
Where in the world do you get this stuff???

Someone is being mocked, I can see that!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“…depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” (Matthew 7:23)

No, what I meant was that Jesus is here comparing the one who believes he is without sin, right with God, with the one who has no such delusions that he doesn't sin, and instead has humility before God.

One stands there saying, "I'm righteous, not like that sinner there!"

So whomever the shoe fits . . . that's the one who wears it.

This thread is part of a stream of threads of straw man arguments imputing all sorts of evil and absurdity to those with whom the writer disagrees, and I personally am not of the mind that this is a righteous thing to do. Not what I've been seeing.

It's one thing to disagree with someone, but to grossly misrepresent their beliefs for the sake of impugning them, no, not right, not good, not edifying, not honest.

So think of that what you will, but I'm still thinking we are all still "works in process".

Much love!

Reactions: Brakelite

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Ananias and Sapphira were taken home early.

But then, how should that put fear in the churches, that someone just drops dead without any apparent pain, and goes to heaven.

Shouldn't they have been lining up to go next? Sort of start their own heavenly queue for over-the-top sinners?

ohhh…I get what you are saying now. When you said …I’m paraphrasing…when someone mentioned hypocrite, you responded if I am one shouldn’t you be praying God takes me home early. I thought that was genuine and felt bad for even engaging, thinking you were hurt. But instead the remark meant since OSAS teaches one can be a hypocrite and still go to heaven …then why don’t I just go on to heaven now…as in what is the point?

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what is vanity? Could it be the putting forth the finger and speaking of yourself…thank God I’m not like you!
Vanity in the Bible speaks of emptiness. Speaking things that have no relevance, no meaning, only hollow words that sound like something to the speaker, and have no benefit to the anyone.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what is vanity? Could it be the putting forth the finger and speaking of yourself…thank God I’m not like you! Which makes me think of who is the accuser? Could it be stabbing a put forth finger, which accused them before God night and day? Revelation 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
Satan is not the only accuser of the brethren.

Much love!

Reactions: Taken

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is here comparing the one who believes he is without sin, right with God, with the one who has no such delusions that he doesn't sin

This faulty interpretation (which Once Saved Always Saved forces you into) contradicts all the warning passages.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
talking about OSAS …offensive is that Christ is used as a cloak for malice? Yea? Makes me wonder why the Pharisees are so admired for what they are not. Why do we latch on so tightly to the Pharisees failures …could it be to cover up our own by saying none is so rotten as them there Pharisees. Yet they were saying basically the same things “I go to this church”, “I’ve said the prayer”, “Have I gotten His name right”, “I fast”, “I speak in tongues”, “I’m a leader in the church”, “I go door to door”…”have I not saved those that are lost?”, “have I not preached the good news?” “Have I not converted sinners”, “have I not read the right version of the Bible” “have I not cast out demons in your name?” “Did I not belong to the right demonstration”? The right people?
The only safeguard I know is a true humility.

Much love!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you are referring to me.

This thread is part of a stream of threads of straw man arguments imputing all sorts of evil and absurdity to those with whom the writer disagrees, and I personally am not of the mind that this is a righteous thing to do. Not what I've been seeing.

Are you saying there is no such teaching, that God takes His people home early, by killing their bodies, when they get too out of hand and spoil any witnessing?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Deuteronomy 21, the rebellious Israelite son that exposes his rebellion to others, taken out and stoned to death by the people.

Did he go to Abraham's bosom with the righteous?

Is this the NT version, where the OSAS God stones the christian son dead personally, to take him Personally to His bosom with the righteous Son of God?

Does the pastor of the OSAS church take the place of the Israelite father, that exposed the rebellious son to the village?

I would really like to know this one:

Does any OSAS believer in this utterly pathetic teaching, pray for the death of their errant wicked brethren? Does the pastor?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the OSAS christ decides to kill his unruly brother and take him away into the throne room of the most high, does he judge the heart of the out-of-control family member, whether he is doing it all on purpose just to go home early?

Or does it matter?

I mean, there is suicide by cop, so why not suicide by christ?

Weird!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only safeguard I know is a true humility.

Much love!

reminds me of
Proverbs 30:8-20 Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: [9] Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the Lord ? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Deuteronomy 21, the rebellious Israelite son that exposes his rebellion to others, taken out and stoned to death by the people.

Is this the NT version, where the OSAS God stones the christian son dead personally, to take him Personally to His bosom with the righteous Son of God?

Does the pastor of the OSAS church take the place of the Israelite father, that exposed the rebellious son to the village?

Does any OSAS believer in this utterly pathetic teaching, pray for the death of their errant wicked brethren? Does the pastor?

Your outpouring of hate toward the Sav-ED is noted, and expected as Jesus warned.

Reactions: marks and Enoch111

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Are you asking if any one prays for the death of that old man with his deeds of the flesh: murderings, backbiting, debates, envy, greed, hatred, lying, stealing…?

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ isn’t an endless supply of “forgiveness” tokens you can just plop into the salvation machine so you can continue to sin.

Jesus certainly will forgive “BELIEVERS” who stumble, waver in their Belief and repent.

Jesus certainly will SAVE the soul of a man, who BELIEVES on the day he dies.

Christ Jesus HAS SAV-ED the soul AND Quickened the spirit of a man who HAS lay down his life with Jesus. And by the SPIRIT of God IN that man, That man CAN NOT continue to sin.

It is obvious you BELIEVE NOT the Scriptures, WHY some men ARE SAVED, and WHY some men HOPE to become SAVED.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
reminds me of
Proverbs 30:8-20 Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: [9] Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the Lord ? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.
Lead me not into temptation, but deliver me from evil!

Much love!

Last edited:

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus certainly will forgive “BELIEVERS” who stumble

You do not “stumble” into sin.

Sin comes from the lusts of the flesh that you are advised to ignore:

“Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin…” (James 1:15)

“Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.” (Romans 6:12)

If Christ were indeed your Lord with sin having no more dominion over you (Romans 6:14) it would not be possible for you to sin. For the scripture says:

“Everyone who has been born of God does not commit sin…” (1 John 3:9)

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This faulty interpretation (which Once Saved Always Saved forces you into) contradicts all the warning passages.

You remember both men were praying in the temple, right? The were both "practicing" their faith. One, who thought he was justified because he believed his own press, and the other who was humble before God.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really, is that New MAN, by his own power going to come back to life of his OLD MAN, and throw off his Salvation?
Where is that ridiculous Scriptural teaching?
Just so.

Much love!