GOD Talks To People In Dreams = Genesis 20;3-6, Matthew 1;20

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miz KJV Only

Oct 20, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GOD Talks To People In Dreams = Genesis 20;3-6, Matthew 1;20
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Genesis 20;3-6,
But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou art but a dead man, for the woman which thou hast taken; for she is a man's wife. But Abimelech had not come near her: and he said, LORD, wilt thou slay also a righteous nation? Said he not unto me, She is my sister? and she, even she herself said, He is my brother: in the integrity of my heart and innocency of my hands have I done this. And God said unto him in a dream, Yea, I know that thou didst this in the integrity of thy heart; for I also withheld thee from sinning against me: therefore suffered I thee not to touch her.

Genesis 37;5-9
And Joseph dreamed a dream, and he told it his brethren: and they hated him yet the more. And he said unto them, Hear, I pray you, this dream which I have dreamed: For, behold, we were binding sheaves in the field, and, lo, my sheaf arose, and also stood upright; and, behold, your sheaves stood round about, and made obeisance to my sheaf. And his brethren said to him, Shalt thou indeed reign over us? or shalt thou indeed have dominion over us? And they hated him yet the more for his dreams, and for his words. And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me.

Genesis 40;8-13
And they said unto him, We have dreamed a dream, and there is no interpreter of it. And Joseph said unto them, Do not interpretations belong to God? tell me them, I pray you. And the chief butler told his dream to Joseph, and said to him, In my dream, behold, a vine was before me; And in the vine were three branches: and it was as though it budded, and her blossoms shot forth; and the clusters thereof brought forth ripe grapes: And Pharaoh's cup was in my hand: and I took the grapes, and pressed them into Pharaoh's cup, and I gave the cup into Pharaoh's hand. And Joseph said unto him, This is the interpretation of it: The three branches are three days: Yet within three days shall Pharaoh lift up thine head, and restore thee unto thy place: and thou shalt deliver Pharaoh's cup into his hand, after the former manner when thou wast his butler.

Genesis 40;16-22
When the chief baker saw that the interpretation was good, he said unto Joseph, I also was in my dream, and, behold, I had three white baskets on my head: And in the uppermost basket there was of all manner of bakemeats for Pharaoh; and the birds did eat them out of the basket upon my head. And Joseph answered and said, This is the interpretation thereof: The three baskets are three days: Yet within three days shall Pharaoh lift up thy head from off thee, and shall hang thee on a tree; and the birds shall eat thy flesh from off thee. And it came to pass the third day, which was Pharaoh's birthday, that he made a feast unto all his servants: and he lifted up the head of the chief butler and of the chief baker among his servants. And he restored the chief butler unto his butlership again; and he gave the cup into Pharaoh's hand: But he hanged the chief baker: as Joseph had interpreted to them.

Genesis 42;6-9
And Joseph was the governor over the land, and he it was that sold to all the people of the land: and Joseph's brethren came, and bowed down themselves before him with their faces to the earth. And Joseph saw his brethren, and he knew them, but made himself strange unto them, and spake roughly unto them; and he said unto them, Whence come ye? And they said, From the land of Canaan to buy food. And Joseph knew his brethren, but they knew not him. And Joseph remembered the dreams which he dreamed of them, and said unto them, Ye are spies; to see the nakedness of the land ye are come.

Matthew 1;20-21
But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call His name JESUS: for He shall save his people from their sins.

Matthew 2;12-13
And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way. And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy Him.

Matthew 2;19-23
But when Herod was dead, behold, an angel of the Lord appeareth in a dream to Joseph in Egypt, Saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and go into the land of Israel: for they are dead which sought the young child's life. And he arose, and took the young child and his mother, and came into the land of Israel. But when he heard that Archelaus did reign in Judaea in the room of his father Herod, he was afraid to go thither: notwithstanding, being warned of God in a dream, he turned aside into the parts of Galilee: And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.

Acts 2;16-23
But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come: And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

AMEN

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've had dreams from God and they are very personal to my life. But he doesn't talk too often to me in dreams. They are rare.

A lot of people have a hard time telling when a dream is from God or just a dream. But I can definitely tell when God creates the dream usually. And they should repeat.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
GOD Talks To People In Dreams

Does he?
your evidence is people who did not have a bible needing guidance.
We have a bible, we have the basic guidance weneed to live as Christians.

Where is the guidance on how to tell whether a dream is from God and not merely an over active imagination?

Is a dream from God? If it causes one to dive into bible study or makes one aware of how great God is then it is probably from God.

If one is intently studing the word and praying for guidance then a dream giving guidance could be from God, but one would need to check it out with other experienced Christians.

One doesn't go to church, doen't readthe bible then the only dream one will get is one that sends one to do those basic Christian things.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does he?
your evidence is people who did not have a bible needing guidance.
We have a bible, we have the basic guidance weneed to live as Christians.

Where is the guidance on how to tell whether a dream is from God and not merely an over active imagination?

Is a dream from God? If it causes one to dive into bible study or makes one aware of how great God is then it is probably from God.

If one is intently studing the word and praying for guidance then a dream giving guidance could be from God, but one would need to check it out with other experienced Christians.

One doesn't go to church, doen't readthe bible then the only dream one will get is one that sends one to do those basic Christian things.
There is Guidance for prophetic dreams in the bible, they repeat:

Genesis 41:32 And for that the dream was doubled unto Pharaoh twice; it is because the thing is established by God, and God will shortly bring it to pass.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian

Genesis 41:32 And for that the dream was doubled unto Pharaoh twice; it is because the thing is established by God, and God will shortly bring it to pass.
The double confirmation is prophetic in that it will surely come to pass. But a one-off dream from God may not be about a future set in stone.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The double confirmation is prophetic in that it will surely come to pass. But a one-off dream from God may not be about a future set in stone.
Yes, there are dreams, so what would be an example of the purpose of a non-prophetic dream?

I have had repeated dreams that I was able to change things in my life to avoid problems.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Yes, there are dreams, so what would be an example of the purpose of a non-prophetic dream?

I have had repeated dreams that I was able to change things in my life to avoid problems.
I've learned God's will about specific things through one-off dreams God has given.

Also had the supernatural symbolically represented in dreams by imagery, to explain what is going on around me, or would be going on.

Some appeared to have the intention of encouraging me.

To tell me the end from the beginning.

Reactions: dev553344

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Again you turn to people who did not have scripture.

Ask your self this question.
What new thing not found in scripture does God need to say to me?

Does God need to say anything other than what is in scripture to you?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again you turn to people who did not have scripture.

Ask your self this question.
What new thing not found in scripture does God need to say to me?

Does God need to say anything other than what is in scripture to you?
Are you a Calvanist? Definitely a Cessationist. The doctrine your presenting is strange to me and not found in scripture other than one passage. The other passages say otherwise.