God wants to save Christians too. --- Say what?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, I see. Thanks.

Still... you didn't say anything about ME as the OP (Original Poster)
Nor did you say anything about MY Original Post. - LOL

You reacted to the title.

I suppose no one has time to read anymore.

Do you read me now?
I don’t have to identify you, your identity is right below the title.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever considered believing the Bible and believing The Truth.(Jesus) You can laugh now if you wish, as He has addressed that as well.
Interesting that you have presented your statement to me as a threat.

"You can laugh now if you wish..." there is an "or else" inferred. Or else what?
You also write, "... He has addressed that as well." He being Jesus.
What did Jesus say about this? How was it addressed?

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder how spread out humanity was right before the flood.
There are any number of resources that posit ideas about that.

I just grabbed this link

In the ancient world when the people would speak in terms of the whole world, or earth, it is highly unlikely that was literal due to their limited ability to travel the whole globe.

Reactions: Azim

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Found this video. As I suspected, it adds elements to the story that are unbiblical.
But I suppose the text in Genesis is pretty dry. Doesn't make much of a story.
I asked my adult son what he remembered about the story from his youth.
He remembers the part about the people making fun of Noah.
Which appears in this video, and is unbiblical.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I asked my adult son what he remembered about the story from his youth.
He remembers the part about the people making fun of Noah.
Which appears in this video, and is unbiblical.
Here's the point.
Why was this bit about the people making fun of Noah added to the story?
I think it is to add the idea that they had it coming. That revenge was warranted.
Thus justifying global genocide.

And by extension, that they are the same as anyone that would ridicule us for obeying God.
Deserving of revenge. But leave that to God. Because revenge is a sin. Err... I mean for us.
If it's a sin, God wouldn't do it right? So why do we claim he does?

And Jesus taught us that it is godly behavior to love our enemies, right?
Do we then expect God to be ungodly to his enemies?
(this would be a good place to say, "No, of course not." So... ???

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's the point.
Why was this bit about the people making fun of Noah added to the story?
I think it is to add the idea that they had it coming. That revenge was warranted.
Thus justifying global genocide.
So, was global genocide a reasonable solution to the problem?
The world is pretty bad right now. But we work hard to prevent planetary nuclear annihilation.
Why? If it worked in Noah's day, why wouldn't it work now? Makes no sense, right?
Has God changed his mind about what a bad idea this whole thing was?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, was global genocide a reasonable solution to the problem?
The world is pretty bad right now. But we work hard to prevent planetary nuclear annihilation.
Why? If it worked in Noah's day, why wouldn't it work now? Makes no sense, right?
Has God changed his mind about what a bad idea this whole thing was?
Could the story of Noah be rewritten to include a happy ending? (heresy) - LOL

What if Noah was a Prophet instead of a ship builder?
Seems that God used this strategy later on to straighten people out.

Send Noah to the kings of the earth to bring righteousness to the land.
Set up synagogues and have Sabbath school to teach people the right way to live.

Pretty much what we do now. Seems to work, right?

Nope. Nuke 'em. - LOL

Okay, I need to lighten up. How's this?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Nancy

Laurina

Feb 28, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, I agree with jesus..

(Sorry for the delay in answering, I received unexpected company yesterday! Praise God!!!)

Firstly, I choose to assume you just made a typo and mean Jesus with a capital "J", name above all names, and not Jesus Barabbas the thief using a small j to denote the difference. A detail, yes,....but my God IS a God of details....just saying. :)

10 Jesus answered and said to him, “Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things? 11 Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness. 12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man [b]who is in heaven. 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
18 “
He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

See. this is exactly what Jesus meant when he said the wind blows where it wishes and we cannot tell where it comes or where it goes.

Yes, verses 10 - 18 come after verse 8 and I have no problem with them, in fact I very much enjoyed the exegesis of John 3 that Epi did, unfortunately that thread mysteriously disappeared. The verse that proceeds verse 8 however, that I would like to bring attention to is verse 6.

John 3:6
That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

And this verse brings this other verse to my mind.....

Gal 5:17
For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.

Now the reason I bring this up is because I, like you, used to think Epi took things too far, he couldn't be right, what he said would make me so angry, etc., etc., until.....one time he had said something that hit my heart and I couldn't ignore it. (I should quickly explain that I grew up in a Christian home, and followed and loved the Lord at a very young age...I did have 2ish years of rebellion in my teen years but when I hit my bottom I came back to the Lord realizing that He alone is The Way, The Truth and The Life. My motto in life was and is, (except for those 2ish years) is: all that you do, do as unto the Lord. Anyways, what Epi had said made me crazy angry and I took what he said to the Lord. The Lord showed me that what He said was true and what I thought of Epi was from my flesh, my thoughts, my indoctrinated Christian way. It brought me to a crossroads and I had to make a decision. I repented in tears with all my heart and felt empty (it was night) and then I went to bed. In the morning I was like I never was before. I was in light. Everything shimmered in light. Now previously, I had the joy of the Lord, but this was completely on a different level. I felt so, so, so close to the Lord and I was submersed in love, in God, (God is love), abiding IN Him. Now, He has been in me for a long, long time, but now, I was IN Him. John 15:4 says, "Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me."

We do not see when the spirit regenerates us to new birth and gives us eternal life. but we can be confident that it happens..

This is not a theory thing. You make it sound like a math formula.
One knows when they are abiding in Him. You can't not know! It's literally the best kept secret in the world! Epi's message is take what you have and take it to the Lord. Let the Lord show you more. Humble yourself before the Lord and He will lift you up. NOT just once...everyday, every moment!!! Take what you have and go deeper. Go all the way down the road you are travelling on so you know what's at the end of it.
I, like you, believed a certain thing or way for whatever reasons, thinking it was the way of God (a Christian wouldn't take on a way unless they thought it was from God)-- and perhaps it was or is for that "season" in your life but the Lord wants to move you deeper. Remember the Israelites needed to pack everything up in order to follow the pillar of fire or pillar of smoke (Ex. 13:21). Whatever your reasons and excuses are, check with the Lord. Do not lean on your own understanding. Remember Joshua who saw the tattered clothes of the travelers and didn't check with the Lord.

Faith is a moment by moment walk....and I know you know that....but you, like I, because of our flesh (which wars against the Spirit and is not in it's rightful spot on the cross), buck, and buck, and think all sorts of bad things about "Epi" and "his followers". And don't think I don't hear and know all your arguments...I had them too, probably more than you! And, I also see how you, Behold, and others twist Epi's words to mean something he didn't say or mean (yup, I could point out all the word twisting(s), but that won't help you if you don't want to be honest. BTW, Epi never said Jesus is a whipping boy, he said Behold uses Jesus AS a whipping boy. "As", "is" one letter different but it can change the whole meaning of things!!!...and can be easily twisted by the flesh!!;):rolleyes: )….I did that too, twisted words!! I see all your mistakes, I made them too, probably more so! It doesn't matter that I see you, who am I anyways? But God see you. If you are an honest man, if you are a humble man, you can take the words of Epi to the Lord...I did...wow!!!! I am not who I used to be. And, unlike what you think, I know that Epi is just a man who was used of God to break a stronghold in me. Does that mean I am an Epi follower? I am a humble God follower, who recognizes other humble God followers...and yes, we humble followers like to stick together. And I can eat the crumbs that fall from the Master's table too. Epi is a Joshua or Caleb, (one of the 2 spies out of 10 that believed God), Epi is the one leper out of the 10 who went back to God AFTER he was healed to give glory to God, Epi is the good Samaritan, Epi is nobody to you, well maybe a pain in your _____ , but Epi is on God's radar and that's something! That's everything!!! God could use anything (rocks cry out, donkey talking) or anyone (Stephen), might you stand by and stone him or hold the cloak of others who do so?
With that being said, God is so, so, so much infinity bigger than we allow Him to be. You'll have heard of Epi talking about scale or balances. Proverbs 11:1 says, "Dishonest scales are an abomination to the LORD, But a just weight is His delight." It's about how we weigh or balance things. We would be wise to make sure we are working with or in the right scale. All Epi has ever said and says is: take it to God, go to the Lord....and we get so angry...thinking...we've already done that, who do you think you are, you have no idea who I am, etc._____________________(fill in the blanks)--who really cares, it's all excuses, accusations and fleshly actions and reactions. I, I, I needs to go to the cross and stay there!!!

do you believe all of what Jesus said?

Lord I believe, help Thou my unbelief.

--a humble seeker

faithfulness

Aug 13, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Sorry for the delay in answering, I received unexpected company yesterday! Praise God!!!)

Firstly, I choose to assume you just made a typo and mean Jesus with a capital "J", name above all names, and not Jesus Barabbas the thief using a small j to denote the difference. A detail, yes,....but my God IS a God of details....just saying. :)

Yes, verses 10 - 18 come after verse 8 and I have no problem with them, in fact I very much enjoyed the exegesis of John 3 that Epi did, unfortunately that thread mysteriously disappeared. The verse that proceeds verse 8 however, that I would like to bring attention to is verse 6.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.

Now the reason I bring this up is because I, like you, used to think Epi took things too far, he couldn't be right, what he said would make me so angry, etc., etc., until.....one time he had said something that hit my heart and I couldn't ignore it. (I should quickly explain that I grew up in a Christian home, and followed and loved the Lord at a very young age...I did have 2ish years of rebellion in my teen years but when I hit my bottom I came back to the Lord realizing that He alone is The Way, The Truth and The Life. My motto in life was and is, (except for those 2ish years) is: all that you do, do as unto the Lord. Anyways, what Epi had said made me crazy angry and I took what he said to the Lord. The Lord showed me that what He said was true and what I thought of Epi was from my flesh, my thoughts, my indoctrinated Christian way. It brought me to a crossroads and I had to make a decision. I repented in tears with all my heart and felt empty (it was night) and then I went to bed. In the morning I was like I never was before. I was in light. Everything shimmered in light. Now previously, I had the joy of the Lord, but this was completely on a different level. I felt so, so, so close to the Lord and I was submersed in love, in God, (God is love), abiding IN Him. Now, He has been in me for a long, long time, but now, I was IN Him. John 15:4 says, "Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me."

One knows when they are abiding in Him. You can't not know! It's literally the best kept secret in the world! Epi's message is take what you have and take it to the Lord. Let the Lord show you more. Humble yourself before the Lord and He will lift you up. NOT just once...everyday, every moment!!! Take what you have and go deeper. Go all the way down the road you are travelling on so you know what's at the end of it.
I, like you, believed a certain thing or way for whatever reasons, thinking it was the way of God (a Christian wouldn't take on a way unless they thought it was from God)-- and perhaps it was or is for that "season" in your life but the Lord wants to move you deeper. Remember the Israelites needed to pack everything up in order to follow the pillar of fire or pillar of smoke (Ex. 13:21). Whatever your reasons and excuses are, check with the Lord. Do not lean on your own understanding. Remember Joshua who saw the tattered clothes of the travelers and didn't check with the Lord.

Faith is a moment by moment walk....and I know you know that....but you, like I, because of our flesh (which wars against the Spirit and is not in it's rightful spot on the cross), buck, and buck, and think all sorts of bad things about "Epi" and "his followers". And don't think I don't hear and know all your arguments...I had them too, probably more than you! And, I also see how you, Behold, and others twist Epi's words to mean something he didn't say or mean (yup, I could point out all the word twisting(s), but that won't help you if you don't want to be honest. BTW, Epi never said Jesus is a whipping boy, he said Behold uses Jesus AS a whipping boy. "As", "is" one letter different but it can change the whole meaning of things!!!...and can be easily twisted by the flesh!!;):rolleyes: )….I did that too, twisted words!! I see all your mistakes, I made them too, probably more so! It doesn't matter that I see you, who am I anyways? But God see you. If you are an honest man, if you are a humble man, you can take the words of Epi to the Lord...I did...wow!!!! I am not who I used to be. And, unlike what you think, I know that Epi is just a man who was used of God to break a stronghold in me. Does that mean I am an Epi follower? I am a humble God follower, who recognizes other humble God followers...and yes, we humble followers like to stick together. And I can eat the crumbs that fall from the Master's table too. Epi is a Joshua or Caleb, (one of the 2 spies out of 10 that believed God), Epi is the one leper out of the 10 who went back to God AFTER he was healed to give glory to God, Epi is the good Samaritan, Epi is nobody to you, well maybe a pain in your _____ , but Epi is on God's radar and that's something! That's everything!!! God could use anything (rocks cry out, donkey talking) or anyone (Stephen), might you stand by and stone him or hold the cloak of others who do so?
With that being said, God is so, so, so much infinity bigger than we allow Him to be. You'll have heard of Epi talking about scale or balances. Proverbs 11:1 says, "Dishonest scales are an abomination to the LORD, But a just weight is His delight." It's about how we weigh or balance things. We would be wise to make sure we are working with or in the right scale. All Epi has ever said and says is: take it to God, go to the Lord....and we get so angry...thinking...we've already done that, who do you think you are, you have no idea who I am, etc._____________________(fill in the blanks)--who really cares, it's all excuses, accusations and fleshly actions and reactions. I, I, I needs to go to the cross and stay there!!!

--a humble seeker
Quote unquote: "Wow! Thank-you for sharing this!" Beautiful testimony.

"Epi is a Joshua or Caleb, (one of the 2 spies out of 10 that believed God), Epi is the one leper out of the 10 who went back to God AFTER he was healed to give glory to God, Epi is the good Samaritan... Epi is on God's radar and that's something! That's everything!!!"

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

:rolleyes:
Yes, verses 10 - 18 come after verse 8 and I have no problem with them, in fact I very much enjoyed the exegesis of John 3 that Epi did, unfortunately that thread mysteriously disappeared.

It disappeared for a reason. I doubt uyou would like the reason.
The verse that proceeds verse 8 however, that I would like to bring attention to is verse 6.

I am not sure what going back helps in determining what born again means

Nicodemus asked, how can this be (he asked how the previous verses could be)

Jesus gave the answer.

so you can God back to see what nicodemus asked. But you have to go forward to me jesus answer as to how it happens.
Your right, its not a theory thing

1. Jesus said you must be born again
2. Nicodemus asked if it means to return to his mothers womb
3. Jesus said WHAT it means (that which is born of flesh is flesh that which is born of spirit is spirit)
4. He also said to be born again is like the wind, you do not know where it comes from, it just happens.
5. Nicodemus asked, how this can be
6 Jesus answered, this is how you are born again

This is not math, it is not science, it is just reading the word, and seeing what is being said and why
If they KNOW. Then the whole thing about the spirit like the wind and no one knows where it comes from fails in its message. Because you do know

Epi is in error. You can follow him all you want, But I ask you to think for yourself.. what he said makes no sens, you have jesus speaking all these words which are meaningless
Jesus moves me deeper every day

but if I am not born again, I am still dead in my sin, and there can be no relationship with God. Only my pre-conceived notion that maybe I have a relationship with God. Which would be nothing but a pagan lie

--a humble seeker
Sadly, I fear you are blindly following this person.

I pray for you to dig deep and not blindly follow someone.

You can not even answer what Jesus said AFTER Nicodemus asked how it could be,, That in the deepest sense should make you question why.

if you can’t answer. Then I pray deep inside you you see the truth.

if you can, then please share with me what Jesus said after. I have faith you can do it.

I will pray for you.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quote unquote: "Wow! Thank-you for sharing this!" Beautiful testimony.

"Epi is a Joshua or Caleb, (one of the 2 spies out of 10 that believed God), Epi is the one leper out of the 10 who went back to God AFTER he was healed to give glory to God, Epi is the good Samaritan... Epi is on God's radar and that's something! That's everything!!!"
this sounds like all those people who followed their cult leader to their death. The blindly follow these leaders.

Follow God. Not a person.

faithfulness

Aug 13, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have often thought of Episkopos with this man's quote from the late 1600's [as he stood before the prison door with the priest, and was never to be seen again]; who the Lord used in my life and continues to speak through Episkopos' deeper truth:

"Good-by, Father. We shall meet again on the day of judgment. Then it will be seen if the truth was on your side or mine."

Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Last edited:

Azim

Sep 25, 2020
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Follow God. Not a person.

I agree.

Deuteronomy 13:4
Ye shall walk after the Lord your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

Otherwise following another person results in what Jesus says:

Matthew 15:14
Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

--a humble seeker
How bizarre. I was wondering if this person is Epi, with an alias.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree.

Deuteronomy 13:4
Ye shall walk after the Lord your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

Otherwise following another person results in what Jesus says:

Matthew 15:14
Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
Sadly, when you see posts like @faithfulness I do not see how you can see anything other than someone following a man..

As for doing his commands, Gods children do do them.. it is what they are.. They can not live in sin, because they have been born of God.

sadly again. People get sanctification and justification mixed up..

Reactions: Ritajanice