Gods’ Holy Spirit is just that; a ’Spirit’! NOT a God!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eccl.12:13

Aug 28, 2010

I would say it's "lazy" or even deceptive to not give chapter, verse and translation.
Why are you refusing now?

Do you give your kids money whenever they ask or should we make them do some work for it?

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

Did not God give us intructions concerning His word?

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

"Prove all things; hold fast that which is good."

"... make full proof of thy ministry."

No.....Ducky. It's there.....all you have to do is find it.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Do you give your kids money whenever they ask or should we make them do some work for it?

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

Did not God give us intructions concerning His word?

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

"Prove all things; hold fast that which is good."

"... make full proof of thy ministry."

No.....Ducky. It's there.....all you have to do is find it.

You obviously don't have a case, so nevermind.

Aug 28, 2010
Bet you think that when Jesus was baptized, that was an angel that came down upon him and not the Holy Spirit.

Or that it was angels in Acts 2 that came upon the disciples.

I bet you can talk yourself into just about anything.

"And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:"

Angel........and.......

"And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance."

Angels!

Yep. In both cases they were Holy Spirits/Holy Angels!

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Please direct me to the book, chapter and verse that says the Holy spirit is a God.

-- This was the 2nd line of your original post.

Kind of hard to criticize others for asking for scriptural proof when you started off the thread demanding it.

"And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:"

Angel........and.......

"And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance."

Angels!

Yep. In both cases they were Holy Spirits/Holy Angels!

-- Ummmmm.....no.

I knew you were going to say that, though.

Your mind is made up and you don't want to be confused with the facts.

Of course, what you say goes against what people with common sense here know (notice the only ones who have spoken up do not agree with you, and for good cause.)

You will of course be able to provide no author, preacher, pastor, minister, evangelist, etc. who agrees with you either.

Or if you can, a short bit of research will show that their other ideas are just as non-Christian.

Aug 28, 2010
Of course, what you say goes against what people with common sense here know (notice the only ones who have spoken up do not agree with you, and for good cause.)

You will of course be able to provide no author, preacher, pastor, minister, evangelist, etc. who agrees with you either.

Or if you can, a short bit of research will show that their other ideas are just as non-Christian.

Do you really think that I think what I post will be popular or accepted?

Do you think I really care if NO ONE comes to my support?

Do you think I would care if NO ONE replied?

And yet.....although you do not agree.....you keep coming back.

You guys are like a moth drawn to the light.....you can't help it!

This was the 2nd line of your original post.

Please direct me to the book, chapter and verse that says the Holy spirit is a God.

Yes! I did ask for the above.

Like I said....if you have read any of my lessons I provide 99% of where I quoted scriptures. The reason I did not give the info to ducky is to give him something to search for.

I already know where the scripture is he seeks.

Let him and any other that seek to know God's word do a little work for themselves. Is it not worth the effort?

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Do you really think that I think what I post will be popular or accepted?

-- Well, I know you don't post here to be proven right.

And yet.....although you do not agree.....you keep coming back.

-- You mean like YOU just did (again) right now?

I already know where the scripture is he seeks.

-- So, you're not interested in educating him, just jerking his chain.

My statement stands:

"You will of course be able to provide no author, preacher, pastor, minister, evangelist, etc. who agrees with you either.

Or if you can, a short bit of research will show that their other ideas are just as non-Christian."

There are some very learned people here (and no, I don't count myself among them, insult as you wish). The fact that they do not agree with you, combined with the fact you can provide no one else anywhere who believes what you do shows a blindness I hope you can one day overcome.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010

You guys are like a moth drawn to the light.....you can't help it!
What light would that be? That you choose THE LAW of Moses over Grace and Truth? Go ahead and choose THE LAW. I'll take Grace and Truth of the New Covenant. We'll see who gets there.

Galatians 5:18 (ESV)
[sup]18 [/sup]But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Aug 28, 2010
-- So, you're not interested in educating him, just jerking his chain.

Are you telling me that NOBODY knows where to find in the bible where Paul says he believes ALL things written in the law and prophets?

What else is he going to believe? Where else could he get the knowledge of sin? Where else could he tell the Gentiles to keep God's laws? Why do you think he told this to Timothy.....?

"And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus."

And what Holy scriptures could Timothy read that could make him wise unto salvation?

GEN. TO MAL. The OT!

And as far as ME coming back to answer questions.......

Ummm.....this IS my post. I'll reply when I like to. Should not I answer questions to MY post?

You guys, on the other hand, do not have a gun to your heads do you?

And yet you just cannot stop coming back.....ya gotta love it.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
And why shouldn't they? They are sent by God to do His will. His Holy Spirits SHOULD have the same characteristics. But you will NEVER find anywhere in the bible that they are GOD's.

God and angels are 'spirit' beings! If you took the time to fully read the lesson you will see that angels, at times, and with the authority of God, sometimes speak and act as if they were God Himself, but they are yet ministering spirit beings, made by God to do His will.

Just as evil spirits. They too do the will of God.

Now.....what of the questions presented to you?

Care to answer, or 'dodge'?

Are you saying there is only ONE Holy Spirit?

God's word speaks of (7) Spirits of God that are before His throne. If they are at God's throne they surly cannot be evil Spirits. So what of these (7) Spirits of God. Do you not know of them?

And what of the Evil Spirit from God?

If you think that God's 'messengers' should have His exact attributes, then your blasphemy is beyond my scope.
To say this is to say there are many gods...all with the same divine characteristics. There is ONLY ONE God.

the Holy Spirit is eternal...................Heb 9:14...................................ONLY God is eternal, outside of time, existing in eternity past, present and future.
the Holy Spirit is omnipresent.........Ps 139:7-10..............................ONLY God is omnipresent, existing all places at the same time.
the Holy Spirit is omniscient.............1 Cor 2:10-11..........................ONLY God is omniscient, having complete and unlimited knowledge and awareness.
the Holy Spirit is omnipotent.............Luke 1:35-37...........................ONLY God is omnipotent, almighty and infinite in power.
the Holy Spirit is holy........................Rom 1:4.....................................ONLY God is holy and entitled to be worshipped by every living thing, spirit or flesh.

The 7 spirits of God doesn't even come into this...you are speaking of the Holy Spirit...it is Him you are trying to discredit, so stop hedging. You wanna know why the Holy Spirit is part of the Trinity? Because apart from having divine attributes, He also is a person...He performs personal actions....

the Holy Spirit comforts...............................................................................................................John 12:26; 14:16, 26; 15:26; 16:7
the Holy Spirit teaches................................................................................................................John 14:26; 1 Cor 2:13
the Holy Spirit speaks.................................................................................................................Acts 8:29; 13:2
the Holy Spirit makes decisions................................................................................................Acts 15:28
the Holy Spirit grieves over sin..................................................................................................Eph 4:30
the Holy Spirit overrules human actions....................................................................................Acts 16:6-7
the Holy Spirit searches the deep things to God and knows the thoughts of God...............1 Cor 2:10-11
the Holy Spirit determines the distribution of spiritual gifts.....................................................1 Cor 12:11
the Holy Spirit interprets and brings human prayer before the throne of the Father.............Rom 8:26-27
the Holy Spirit assures believers of their adoption..................................................................Rom 8:16
the Holy Spirit bears witness to and glorifies God..................................................................John 15:26; 16:14

You cannot say that just because someone does the will of the Father, that they are made by and for God. Both Jesus and the Holy Spirit ARE God , and yet they both glorify and honor the Father. Within the Trinity there is perfect love, harmony and fellowship. Jesus did the Father's will when He died for the human race. This does not make Him less God however, and the Spirit, despite your erroneous reading, IS God. It would be impossible for Him to have ALL the divine attributes if it were otherwise.

BTW, love how you dodge my questions, and then accuse me of doing it. I know someone very similar to you...they argue the same way. They're all about twisting the truth for their own agenda too.

Aug 28, 2010
Within the Trinity there is perfect love, harmony and fellowship.

Fellowship? Really now!

If they are ONE, how can the Son judge WITHOUT the Father and the Holy Ghost?
"For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:"

If they are ONE, how can the Father know the time and the hour, but NOT the Holy Spirit or the Son?
"But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father."

If they are ONE, how can you blaspheme against the Holy Spirit and not the Father or Son?
"And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven."

If they are ONE, who is it that Jesus prays to in the garden before His death?
"And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt."

If they are ONE, who was God while Jesus was dead for 3 days and 3 nights?
"For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."

If they are ONE, who raised Jesus from the dead?
"Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole."

Oh yeah.....they are just oooozzzzzing with fellowship!

Got a lot of communication going on too!

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Fellowship? Really now!

If they are ONE, how can the Son judge WITHOUT the Father and the Holy Ghost?
"For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:"

If they are ONE, how can the Father know the time and the hour, but NOT the Holy Spirit or the Son?
"But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father."

If they are ONE, how can you blaspheme against the Holy Spirit and not the Father or Son?
"And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven."

If they are ONE, who is it that Jesus prays to in the garden before His death?
"And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt."

If they are ONE, who was God while Jesus was dead for 3 days and 3 nights?
"For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."

If they are ONE, who raised Jesus from the dead?
"Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole."

Oh yeah.....they are just oooozzzzzing with fellowship!

Got a lot of communication going on too!

And again he doesn't answer the question.
And yet God said that there is only ONE God, and He is that God. (Duet 6:4) You yourself just pointed out that there are 3 distinct personalities within the Godhead.
If Jesus was just God the Father playing the role of the Son, it seems a bit odd that He would go aside and pray to Himself, talk about Himself like Jesus did. Do you even believe that Jesus was God? What of when He said that He and the Father were one? Distinct personalities and goals....one God.....the Trinity.
You can quote all the misinterpreted verses you want....it doesn't injure me. God has revealed Himself to us, and you choose to ignore what He has told us, and then twist it to your own strange ideas, be they modalism or maybe Arianism.

Let me ask for a straight answer, if you are capable of giving one: what is your exact view on God the Father and Jesus Christ? I'm not interested in your misquoted verses here...I simply want to know, in your own words, how you see these two, in relation to one another.

Aug 28, 2010
What of when He said that He and the Father were one?
Let me ask for a straight answer, if you are capable of giving one: what is your exact view on God the Father and Jesus Christ? I'm not interested in your misquoted verses here...I simply want to know, in your own words, how you see these two, in relation to one another.

I can only see God the Father and God the Son the way Jesus tells us they are one. Jesus Himself tells us in John 17;

Here’s how Jesus tells us the (3) are ONE!!

1 John.5
[7] For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Just how are they all one? Let's read how Jesus Christ explains it to us;

John.17
[1] These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
[5] And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Already we see from reading above Jesus (God) SHARING the Glory with the Father (God), even before the world. No mention of any other God; just God the Father AND God the Son; two beings. Let's continue;

[11] And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

Well there you have it from Jesus Himself. But let's continue......

So the Son is ONE with the Father AND all those that the Father has given the Son are ALSO ONE! So we too are ONE with God! But how? Let's read more. Let's see at what point does Jesus mentions God the Holy Ghost

[17] Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
[18] As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
[19] And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

So the ones that God sent to Jesus are separated, or sanctified, by His word, the Holy scriptures. Let's read who else is sanctified by the word and made ONE with God;

[20] Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
[21] That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

How many times must Jesus tell us how He and the Father are one? So now we read that EVERYONE that believes in the word/scriptures and brings the SAME message are ONE, just as the Father and the Son are ONE! All on one accord.

Now let's read who brings the message of God;

John.14
[16] And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
[26] But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

What will the Holy Ghost say? ONLY what was given to him by Jesus. And where did Jesus get His message from? God the Father.

John.15
[26] But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John.16
[13] Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

So the Comforter, also called the Spirit of Truth and the Holy Ghost, or Holy Spirit, brings ONLY what was given to him. So if the Holy Spirit/Comforter/Holy Ghost/Spirit of Truth brings the same message, he too is ONE with everyone that does the same.

Let's read an example of this from the scriptures;

Rev.1
[1] The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

So we have God the Father giving a revelation to God the Son; Jesus Christ.

This revelation was to be given to their servant; John, by an Holy angel or Spirit!. Let's continue....

[2] Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

So what we have in the Book of Revelation is the word of God the Father, given to His son; Jesus Christ, who in turn gave it to the Holy Spirit, who then gave it to John, who wrote it all down.

So ALL of them are ONE; God the Father, God the Son, the Holy Spirit that gave the message to John AND John himself for writing down ALL that the Holy Spirit revealed to him!

So now when we read the following, "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." it is much clearer.

This scripture IS NOT saying all (3) form into one, or that the Father is from one dispensation and the Son and the Holy Spirit from another. Nor does it mention anything about them being of the same substance or any nonsense like that. Nor is it a "Mystery" of faith!

The scripture simply means that EACH one of them, ALL (3) separate entities, have and bring the SAME message.

There is no ‘mystery’! This makes sense!

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
I can only see God the Father and God the Son the way Jesus tells us they are one. Jesus Himself tells us in John 17;

Here’s how Jesus tells us the (3) are ONE!!

1 John.5
[7] For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Just how are they all one? Let's read how Jesus Christ explains it to us;

John.17
[1] These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
[5] And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Already we see from reading above Jesus (God) SHARING the Glory with the Father (God), even before the world. No mention of any other God; just God the Father AND God the Son; two beings. Let's continue;

[11] And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

Well there you have it from Jesus Himself. But let's continue......

So the Son is ONE with the Father AND all those that the Father has given the Son are ALSO ONE! So we too are ONE with God! But how? Let's read more. Let's see at what point does Jesus mentions God the Holy Ghost

[18] As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
[19] And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

So the ones that God sent to Jesus are separated, or sanctified, by His word, the Holy scriptures. Let's read who else is sanctified by the word and made ONE with God;

[20] Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
[21] That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

How many times must Jesus tell us how He and the Father are one? So now we read that EVERYONE that believes in the word/scriptures and brings the SAME message are ONE, just as the Father and the Son are ONE! All on one accord.

Now let's read who brings the message of God;

John.14
[16] And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
[26] But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

What will the Holy Ghost say? ONLY what was given to him by Jesus. And where did Jesus get His message from? God the Father.

John.15
[26] But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John.16
[13] Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

So the Comforter, also called the Spirit of Truth and the Holy Ghost, or Holy Spirit, brings ONLY what was given to him. So if the Holy Spirit/Comforter/Holy Ghost/Spirit of Truth brings the same message, he too is ONE with everyone that does the same.

Let's read an example of this from the scriptures;

Rev.1
[1] The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

So we have God the Father giving a revelation to God the Son; Jesus Christ.

This revelation was to be given to their servant; John, by an Holy angel or Spirit!. Let's continue....

[2] Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

So what we have in the Book of Revelation is the word of God the Father, given to His son; Jesus Christ, who in turn gave it to the Holy Spirit, who then gave it to John, who wrote it all down.

So ALL of them are ONE; God the Father, God the Son, the Holy Spirit that gave the message to John AND John himself for writing down ALL that the Holy Spirit revealed to him!

So now when we read the following, "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." it is much clearer.

This scripture IS NOT saying all (3) form into one, or that the Father is from one dispensation and the Son and the Holy Spirit from another. Nor does it mention anything about them being of the same substance or any nonsense like that. Nor is it a "Mystery" of faith!

The scripture simply means that EACH one of them, ALL (3) separate entities, have and bring the SAME message.

There is no ‘mystery’! This makes sense!

Wrong.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
You are of course correct, Rach.

You are also wasting your breath.

As I said to him:

Or if you can, a short bit of research will show that their other ideas are just as non-Christian."

A person here with an opinion that not a single person here agrees with and that has no support from a specific author, pastor, preacher, minister, evangelist...

...yet the person feels he alone is correct and all other learned Christians (well beyond those on this board) are wrong.

This is a person who has deeper issues. One that should be raising red flags for him left and right...

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
You are of course correct, Rach.

You are also wasting your breath.

As I said to him:

A person here with an opinion that not a single person here agrees with and that has no support from a specific author, pastor, preacher, minister, evangelist...

...yet the person feels he alone is correct and all other learned Christians (well beyond those on this board) are wrong.

This is a person who has deeper issues. One that should be raising red flags for him left and right...

Agreed Foreigner. I don't answer him in any kind of hope of reasoning or persuading him. It's more in lines with my hope that seeing truth against these ideas may help any non-Christian or struggling Christian not be swayed by his ideas.

Aug 28, 2010
Agreed Foreigner. I don't answer him in any kind of hope of reasoning or persuading him. It's more in lines with my hope that seeing truth against these ideas may help any non-Christian or struggling Christian not be swayed by his ideas.

Hey.....that's the same reasons I post my lessons. So that non-Christains or struggling Christains are not swayed by the norm. To get those with questions to look at God's word from a different perspective, one I know is not taught in most churches. And get them to read scriptures I know their pastors either have not read or avoid all together.

So we ARE on the same page.......sort of!

Now...getting back to our reply....

So let me get this correct....

Jesus tells us the following......

John.17
[2] As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

God the Father gave God the Son the authority to give eternal life to those the Father gave Him.

[3] And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
[4] I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

So this same Jesus was 'sent' by God the Father. I read (2) beings above; God the Father and the one He sent, Jesus.

Jesus says that He shared glory with the Father before there was a world.

[6] I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.
[7] Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.

Jesus sure is NOT being vague here. He continues to say the Father, Himself and those that the Father gave Him.

[8] For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.
[9] I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.
[10] And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

And what has Jesus given those that the Father gave Him? The 'words'. As a matter of fact, Jesus gave them ALL the words that the Father gave to Him. And what was it that they understood? That Jesus was SENT by the Father and that the Father indeed 'SENT' Jesus. Can Jesus be any more clear that not only there is God the Father and Himself who was sent by the Father, but also the disciples knew and was taught the samething.

And there we have from the mouth of Jesus Himself....Again...these (2) beings are ONE. But not only are they ONE with eachother...they are also ONE with those that God the Father gave Jesus. And how are they, we, ALL onw with the Father and the Son? Let's read.....

[13] And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.
[14] I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
[15] I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
[16] They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

Again Jesus tells us that He gave them God the Father's word, not His/Jesus word, but the Father's word. So God the Father gave His message to His Son, and Jesus, in turn, gave that SAME message to His disciples.

And they are to be separated by the word of God. And that word is truth.

Again Jesus tells us WHO it was that sent Him; God the Father.

And what is the truth that separates those that God sent? His word.

Jesus tells us He does only pray for those that God the Father gave Him...He also prays for those that believe on Him through their word. And what is their word? The words that they received from Jesus, which are the SAME words Jesus received from God the Father.

And WHAT happens to ALL that believe on the words that the disciples give, which was given to them by Jesus, which was given to Jesus by the Father? They ALL become ONE! How clear and simple is that?

[22] And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

Again Jesus tells us how He, the Father and ALL that believe are one.

[23] I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

And how is Jesus in them? His WORDS are in them. Remember when Jesus said in John 6, "[54] Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. [57] As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. [63] It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

And who was it that finally understood what Jesus was trying to tell them?

[68] Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

This is how Jesus is in them; His words are in them. And how is the Father in Jesus? His word are in Jesus. That is hoe they ALL are one. Can it get any more simple?

[25] O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.

Here Jesus tells us that the world has not known the Father? But what DID the disciples know? That Jesus was 'SENT' by the Father.

Now let's read of another that has a message, given to him by Jesus...

John.14

Now if the Comforter brings back to their memory the things that Jesus told them, and ALL of the things Jesus told them were those things that the Father told Jesus, that means that the Comforter is coming with the 'SAME' message as God the Father.

John.15

John.16

So God gave His message to His Son, the Son gave the same message to His disciples AND told them that He would send someone else, the Holy Spirit/Comforter/Holy Ghost/Spirit of Truth, and that he would remind them of ALL of the things that He originally told them. So ALL (3) are one! Wow....this is simple AND it makes sense!

Now let's see if we can read this from God's word.....

Rev.1

So what we have in the Book of Revelation is the word of God the Father, given to His son; Jesus Christ, who in turn gave it His angel, an 'Holy angel' no doubt, who then gave it to John, who wrote it all down.

Now based on what Jesus, not MAN, told us in John 17 are not ALL of these ONE? Of course they are. But they are ONE in the way Jesus told us they are one; they all have the same message.

Now did Jesus tell us of ANY OTHER WAY they could be ONE? No He did not. But there is someone that did say the samething....

Rom.12
[5] So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

Paul tells us we are one in the body of Chirst. And how are we ONE in Christ? Jesus told us in John 17

1 Cor. 3
[5] Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
[6] I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
[7] So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
[8] Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

Paul planed, Appollos watered, but the BOTH had the same message.

1 Cor.10
[16] The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?
[17] For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread.

Again Paul tells us we are the partakers of ONE bread.....and that bread is Christ.

1 Cor. 12
[11] But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
[12] For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
[20] But now are they many members, yet but one body.
[25] That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
[26] And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
[27] Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

So....did Paul say anything different than Jesus? One body...many members......ALL with the same message!

Now let's go to one more scripture.....

1 John 5

Again....going ONLY with the word of God.....and what Jesus told us already in John 17 below...

"And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are."

"That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me."

"And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:"

"I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me."

But all you have to say to that is......

WRONG?

ozell

Jun 6, 2010
Amen Brother ECC

Their is no such thing as GOD the holy Ghost, their is no such thing as a Godly trinity in the bible, the word don't exist in the bible.

what you have before you Brother is tradition and doctrines of man.

they can't show you one place in the bible where there is a God the holy ghost/spirit

the bible speaks of a Godhead and not a trinity

Romans 1:20
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

and we can read in many places the God head

Revelation 1
[sup]1[/sup]The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

we know Revelation is end time even beyond us, yet here is Revelation which is about Jesus who is God , was given this revelation by God who we know is the Father, so we have two God's up to this point in this verse. as we read further we read that it was showed to John by a angel sent by by God.

why is God the Holy ghost left out of the process?

we have Jesus
we have God(Father)
we have the angel
we have man(John)

where is God the holy Ghost?