God's Desire is that All Men be Saved!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Likewise, neither is "in hell."

Implied by how it is testified in the kjv; and how it would be clearly interpreted without the added commentary in italics.

What are you talking about? Take a chance on what?

If you think you won't burn in hell for violating the verse, and violate the verse because you think it is not talking about hell, it is still talking about hell; and you will go there for violating the verse. It is talking about the fact that fornicators won't inherit the kingdom of God. But if you think you will only burn with passion; and not in hell: you are more likely to cross the line and if it is indeed speaking of hell, you have been deceived by the alternate version of the Bible that you are reading and will go to hell for it.

Sure, God's grace can be resisted, that's why God has to 'drag' us to Himself. Left on our own we would head South.

So much for the "I" in TULIP.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually the dragging is the part that can't be resisted.
Nope; because the Holy Spirit was at work trying to do this with the people being talked to by Stephen; yet they resisted the Holy Ghost.

Which indicates that He (and his grace) can be resisted.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Implied by how it is testified in the kjv; and how it would be clearly interpreted without the added commentary in italics.

If you think you won't burn in hell for violating the verse, and violate the verse because you think it is not talking about hell, it is still talking about hell; and you will go there for violating the verse. It is talking about the fact that fornicators won't inherit the kingdom of God. But if you think you will only burn with passion; and not in hell: you are more likely to cross the line and if it is indeed speaking of hell, you have been deceived by the alternate version of the Bible that you are reading and will go to hell for it.

So much for the "I" in TULIP.
Irresistible grace doesn’t teach that men cannot resist God’s grace, but that they won’t resist it all their lives. Obviously most, if not all, have resisted it at some point(s) in their lives.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Irresistible grace doesn’t teach that men cannot resist God’s grace, but that they won’t resist it all their lives. Obviously most, if not all, have resisted it at some point(s) in their lives.
That is acceptable.

Therefore, those who do not resist it to the point of death didn't do so because they made a decision to receive Jesus as their Lord and Saviour at some point in their lives.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s not what you said my friend. You said that when you went to another version, you had different experiences. You’re basing this off of your experiences, not the Bible.
Experience does indeed have validity, as it is our testimony (see Revelation 12:10-11).

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if you expect a natural man to believe the gospel simply because you are putting it to him, you are denying the gospel; you have not understood it yourself."
we plant the seed
GOD gets the increase the natural man can believe

Reactions: Nancy

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually the dragging is the part that can't be resisted.
What I meant was even someone like Saul (Paul) resisted for a season kicking against the goads. I.E. dragging implies resistance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which ignores the cultural context. So no, not how it is testified in the KJV. That is you reading that into the text. It would NOT be clearly interpreted that way without the italicized meaning based on the context of the passage itself.

No, the verse is not talking about hell. And I never said those who are sexually immoral, without being changed in Christ, are not destined to burn in hell. What I said was is that is not being discussed in that verse. You really don't know what you are talking about.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would NOT be clearly interpreted that way without the italicized meaning based on the context of the passage itself.

It is how I interpreted it without the added commentary, when I read it first in the kjv without the added commentary. And I believe that I was relying on the Holy Ghost for interpretation, also.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the verse is not talking about hell.
It is, indeed, talking about hell. As is substantiated by our understanding that fornicators shall not inherit the kingdom of God; even in the immediate context of the verse (just a chapter before it).

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is, indeed, talking about hell. As is substantiated by our understanding that fornicators shall not inherit the kingdom of God; even in the immediate context of the verse (just a chapter before it).
I've already shown you in context it is not. If you want to remain ignorant on the topic that is up to you but just know you are wrong.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want to remain ignorant on the topic that is up to you but just know you are wrong.

I am not wrong; but you are the one who is ignorant on the subject.

You interpreted that because you haven't studied it.

Take your chances. Fornicate. Tell God, I was only supposed to burn with passion: what do you mean I am going to hell?

Fornicators shall not inherit the kingdom of God (1 Corinthians 6:9-11). That means that they go to hell and then the lake of fire at judgment.

Last edited: