God's Desire is that All Men be Saved!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think!! God does not force people to accept His love, mercy, forgiveness and the gift of salvation you can choose to reject God and go to hell==All your choice!

The wind

Oct 17, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Think!! God does not force people to accept His love, mercy, forgiveness and the gift of salvation you can choose to reject God and go to hell==All your choice!
Free Will is a lie. You were either chosen by Jesus to have eternal life or you were chosen for punishment.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will you choose to believe God's eternal living Word or reject it??
God Would Have ALL Men to be Saved!!

2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

1Timothy 2:4 God==Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. == A stake in the false teaching Calvinism's heart!

The wind

Oct 17, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Will you choose to believe God's eternal living Word or reject it??
God Would Have ALL Men to be Saved!!

2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

1Timothy 2:4 God==Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. == A stake in the false teaching Calvinism's heart!
Knowing that God is in control of all things is basic doctrine. Nobody can resist the will of God like pharaoh couldn't resist Jesus hardening his heart so that he may make his power known when he laid his judgment on Egypt. In like manner he will make his power known on this wicked generation.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not trying to get into your conversatation, but consider this. we all start out with the same amount of God given faith, but we must do something also... add to what we was given. supportive scripture.

A. God gives us all the measure of Faith. Romans 12:3 "For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith".

B. now we add to it. 2 Peter 1:5 "And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

2 Peter 1:6 "And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

2 Peter 1:7 "And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

2 Peter 1:8 "For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Peter 1:9 "But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

2 Peter 1:10 "Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

2 Peter 1:11 "For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

hoped this helped.

PICJAG.
Thanks, but I was approaching the topic from how an unbeliever comes to faith.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Timothy 2:4 shows God's preceptive will in what God desires, wishes of man. God has made a pathway to salvation available to man through Christ and therefore it is God's desire, wish that all men take that pathway of salvation. Yet all men will not take that pathway to salvation through Christ therefore God does not always get what He desires of man, see Matthew 23:37 where Jesus "would-willed" but those Jews "would-willed not".

All that happens therefore is controlled by God's will, whether it be God's preceptive will, decretive will or permissive will. Those men who of their own free will who do as God desires, then it happened for God desired it to happen in man following His commands. Men of their own free will can choose to NOT do as God desires but that disobedience comes with a high price of being lost eternally. So yes, man can go against God's preceptive will but it will cost a man a price he cannot afford to pay.
Gee, I remember the days of 'permissive' and 'absolute will'. Preceptive will is a new one on me (I have heard of decretive). I wonder how many other 'wills' we can deduce God has from Scripture?
So when "God is not willing that any should perish" and yet men choose to perish, it sounds as if man's will trumps God's will. Why didn't God exercise His preceptive will to save all mankind?

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Knowing that God is in control of all things is basic doctrine. Nobody can resist the will of God like pharaoh couldn't resist Jesus hardening his heart so that he may make his power known when he laid his judgment on Egypt. In like manner he will make his power known on this wicked generation.

Evil men choose to resist the will of God every day.
1Timothy 2:4 God==Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.==== but millions choose to reject God and go to hell each day!! Think!!

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"So are you saying what God's will doesn't always come to pass?"
If God planned it that way then yes but, did His will come to pass when Adam and Eve did not eat from the tree of life? Was it not His will that they should have eaten of the tree of life?
I believe His will always comes to pass.
Does His will come to pass when He is not willing that any should perish? I believe so. How? Answer: If I were God I could tell you.

This may help...

Deuteronomy 29:29 (KJV) The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

Reactions: Nancy

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not exactly sure why you posted that verse as it does not debunk Reincarnation.

Would you please explain your interpretation to us?
In reincarnation, a person dies, gets reincarnated, dies again, gets reincarnated, dies again.

The Bible teaches that it is appointed to man once to die; and after this the judgment.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So some men are less depraved (the ones whose heart does not harden) than others?
I think that time and chance happen to everything (Ecclesiastes 9:11).

People are more or less disposed to receive the gospel based on what their life has been up to the time that they are presented with it. There may be a variety of other factors.

The Lord knows what all of these factors are. Therefore predestination is according to foreknowledge (Romans 8:29-30, 1 Peter 1:2).

He has written a story (Hebrews 12:2).

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't answer the question.

How do you interpret the above verse (Heb 9:27)?
I did answer the question.

Reincarnation is out of the picture because in it, a man is not appointed to die but once; he is appointed to die many times.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did answer the question.

Reincarnation is out of the picture because in it, a man is not appointed to die but once; he is appointed to die many times.

Close enough. I just want to be crystal clear about how you interpret Heb 9:27 so as to not put words into your mouth.

So basically, according to your interpretation, everyone has to die and it's only one time. We are talking about the Word of God here that never changes. God never breaks the Law. No exceptions.

This is unfortunate because verses about the Rapture are now in contradiction. Millions of Christians look forward to the day they will not taste of death and be with the LORD in the air...

1 Thessalonians 4:17
"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord"

Too bad that's not going to happen... unless of course Hebrews 9:27 doesn't mean what you're telling us it means.

What about Enoch and Elisha? They never died. Uh oh... God lied again?

Genesis 5:24
"And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him"

Perhaps Enoch will Reincarnate... oops, I mean magically appear in a flesh body one day as one of the Two Witnesses.

Since Christians are taught that Reincarnation is not Biblical, Pastors must make up silly excuses like...

"The Two Witnesses aren't *really* the return of two famous Blble characters... they are merely 'Crisis Actors' playing the part". "It's all just a LARP"... because Reincarnation.

Circular Logic strikes again.

What about Lazarus who rose from the dead?

John 11:14
"Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead"

And the Valley of Dry Bones?

Ezekiel 37:10
"So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army"

So many stories of the dead rising again, only to die later.

What about the Second Death?

Revelation 21:8
"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death"

Die once and die twice is a contradiction no matter how One tries to spin it.

Obviously Hebrews 9:27 has been grossly misinterpreted by those that try and use it to debunk Reincarnation.

Let's clear this up once and for all...

All Hebrews 9:27 is teaching is that for every death, there is a judgement. That's it. One Death = One Judgement... simple.

In other words, One cannot live a life of 'Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll', die and come back and escape judgement each time. They will reap what they sow.

That is the whole point of judging those in Hell...

Revelation 20:13
"And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works"

It's in order to dole out the correct punishment in the next life.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe His will always comes to pass.
Does His will come to pass when He is not willing that any should perish? I believe so. How? Answer: If I were God I could tell you.

This may help...

Deuteronomy 29:29 (KJV) The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

Really?? Are there people here that think it is God's will that people murder, steal and live in evil??? Think some more!!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Close enough. I just want to be crystal clear about how you interpret Heb 9:27 so as to not put words into your mouth.

So basically, according to your interpretation, everyone has to die and it's only one time. We are talking about the Word of God here that never changes. God never breaks the Law. No exceptions.

This is unfortunate because verses about the Rapture are now in contradiction. Millions of Christians look forward to the day they will not taste of death and be with the LORD in the air...

1 Thessalonians 4:17
"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord"

Too bad that's not going to happen... unless of course Hebrews 9:27 doesn't mean what you're telling us it means.

What about Enoch and Elisha? They never died. Uh oh... God lied again?

Genesis 5:24
"And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him"

1Co 15:35, But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?
1Co 15:36, Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:
1Co 15:37, And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:
1Co 15:38, But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.
1Co 15:39, All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.
1Co 15:40, There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
1Co 15:41, There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
1Co 15:42, So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
1Co 15:43, It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
1Co 15:44, It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

There is a death that occurs at the rapture for all who go up...they will no longer be existing in the bodies that they lived in on the earth...those bodies die and become the plant to the seed that they were.

What about Lazarus who rose from the dead?

John 11:14
"Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead"

And the Valley of Dry Bones?

Ezekiel 37:10
"So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army"

So many stories of the dead rising again, only to die later.

I suppose that there is an exception to every rule in scripture.

What about the Second Death?

Revelation 21:8
"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death"

Die once and die twice is a contradiction no matter how One tries to spin it.

The second death comes after the judgment. Before that, a person dies only once. And this means that they did not die once before, and were then reincarnated.

Let's clear this up once and for all...

All Hebrews 9:27 is teaching is that for every death, there is a judgement. That's it. One Death = One Judgement... simple.

And the judgment results in only two possibilities...heaven or hell.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really?? Are there people here that think it is God's will that people murder, steal and live in evil??? Think some more!!
Apples and oranges.
Deut 29:29 is referring to the secret things of God. Things like murder, stealing and doing evil are expressly forbidden by God. They are not included in the secret things of God but are clearly revealed as forbidden.
Read again...