God's Desire is that All Men be Saved!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus gave Himself as a ransom for all (1 Timothy 2:6).

In Romans 5:18, by the righteousness of one the free gift comes upon all men unto justification of life.

This is not teaching Universalism.

In order to appropriate the gift, a man must receive it.
Hello jbf,

In rom512-21 scriptures speaks of what is known as federal headship
In Adam all die.
In Christ all live.
Not a who are physically born in Adam, get spiritually born from above.The all in Adam,never all are found In Christ.
On a piece of paper draw a large circle. Mark that as all men ever born.
Now inside that circle draw a large circle about 2/3 the size of the first circle.Draw it with red ink. Those in the red circle are those covered by the blood of Jesus. Do you understand?
Roman's 5 is speaking of the justified elect, who have peace with God.
They have the Spirit. Do you see that?

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you see that we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand (Romans 5:1-2)?

My contention with what I understand Calvinism to be, is that its very basic premise is in contradiction to Jesus' words, that "whosoever cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."

Because it seems to me that Calvinism teaches that if you are not one of God's elect, you can come to Jesus with a fervor and He can and will reject you. Because you simply weren't chosen.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you see that we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand (Romans 5:1-2)?

My contention with what I understand Calvinism to be, is that its very basic premise is in contradiction to Jesus' words, that "whosoever cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."

Because it seems to me that Calvinism teaches that if you are not one of God's elect, you can come to Jesus with a fervor and He can and will reject you. Because you simply weren't chosen.
Jbf,
Notice in john 6:37-44. It says all the Father gives to me shall come to me.
All the Father gives shall come.
No man can come except the Father which sent Jesus draw him.
In love the Spirit convicts and draws a multitude to Jesus.
Everyone drawn comes to Him willingly...psalm110:3

They do not know why they repent and turn at first, but learn that it was
G od seeking and saving them.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Every believing one will be saved. They would not believe unless the Spirit enabled them to believe.
John 3 :16 says everyone believing

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God drawing a man to Christ, and the Father giving a man to Christ, are two separate things.

When God the Father draws a man, he is given the free and clear opportunity to receive Christ without hindrance: he still has a choice in the matter.

When a man makes the actual decision to believe in Christ, the Father gives that man to Christ.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God drawing a man to Christ, and the Father giving a man to Christ, are two separate things.

When god the Father draws a man, he is given the free and clear opportunity to receive Christ without hindrance: he still has a choice in the matter.

When a man makes the actual decision to believe in Christ, the Father gives that man to Christ.
No my friend. The giving was done before time 2 tim1:9

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Predestination is according to foreknowledge (Romans 8:29-30, 1 Peter 1:2).
Foreknowledge correctly and biblically understood.
Do not confuse it with omniscience.
Whom God did foreknow, He also did predestinate.

God in omniscience knows all men exist.
God in foreknowledge sets His love on the elect before time was.eph1:11

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Foreknowledge correctly and biblically understood.
Do not confuse it with omniscience.
Whom God did foreknow, He also did predestinate.
Can you give me Bible that tells us that we ought not to confuse foreknowledge with Omniscence?

I consider that the Lord is outside of time and that so are we in our glorified state.

So those of us who will make it are already in heaven worshiping Him.

I consider, also, that the Lord intervened in human history in order to apprehend the ones whom he sees in heaven.

From the perspective of time, these placed their faith in Jesus Christ in order to be in heaven.

I do believe that God gives everyone an opportunity at some point to either receive or reject Him.

So those whom the Lord did not apprehend, He did not do so because with every opportunity that He gave them, they rejected His salvation.

But it would not be fair of God to not give everyone an equal opportunity to receive Him.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read in 6:37-44 carefully.
Read it 10x in a row.
All given shall come.
They do not try to come and fail.
Drawn and given are two different things.

Those who do come, do not try to come and fail, that is true.

Those who are drawn do not try to come to Jesus...they are disposed to run away from Him apart from the Lord drawing them.

Those who are given come to Jesus because they were drawn and responded in faith.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is God being arbitrary?

Is there some goodness in the people He chooses that is not in those whom He chooses not?

Or does He choose them based on the fact that He foresaw their choice of Him?

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being drawn does not guarantee their coming.

Being given means that God saw their coming from before the foundation of the world.
Psalm14 says what God saw...no man seeks God no not one.
Paul quoted it in Roman's 3.
No we were given as guilty fallen sinners.
No man can come,except the Father who sent me draws him.

Jusr read the thread verses.