God's Grace is the end of the Law : for the Born Again

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Youve been repenting for 40 yrs.
Had enough yet of that failure?
Need 40 more ?

Listen.
You dont need to be repenting, you need to be DELIVERED from the LAW and the power of sin.
You can't do that by yourself, and that is why you are here talking about sinning, instead of talking about How Christ has set you free.
I teach how you can stop failing, as that is what Paul teaches.

"sinning and confessing" is not real Christianity.......its broken faith... or its a religious person, playing a mind game with themselves.

Bob Estey.....Ive never read where you stated you are born again.
Are you born again?
And i didnt ask you if you are water baptized or if you are a "christian".
Keep that in mind, if you decide to answer me.
It's all so simple. When we sin, trouble comes into our lives. It seems to me, therefore, it's best not to sin. If I fail once, I try again.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Thread is talking about God's Grace, Deliverance from sin, and the perfected discipleship of the born again.
Your posts all talk about the opposite.
Why do you think that is ????
Jesus is not interested in your law keeping theological rants, Bob.
He is interested in you not being a sinning and confessing discipleship failure, as you keep defining as your issue with sin and the repenting of it.
I just don't want people to believe that no effort is required from us.

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are not born again, then the "fulfilling of the Law", is not applied to you as a part of your Salvation/Redemption that is "the finished work of Jesus on the Cross".

If you are born again, then "Jesus has redeemed you from the curse of the Law"....by fulfilling it in your place, which abolishes for you.
This is why the born again are "not under the law, but under GRACE".
Problem is, there isn't a single passage in any 1 of the 4 gospel accounts that shows Jesus saying He came to live by the Law in anyone else's place. I do however, find a statement from Him in Matt. 5:18-20 where He says the Christian is going to be held solely responsible for securing their own salvation, which is echoed by Paul in 1 Tim. 6:12,19 and other passages.

To read Matt. 5:17 as "Do not think I have come to abolish the Law, but to abolish it by doing what it requires" is laughable, ignorant, absurd, and dishonest. If Jesus really came to do such a thing, then explain the various Acts passages that shows Paul saying he still believed in the authority of the Law and lived by it. Hyper grace propagandists can't have it both ways and say Paul did it because he was a Jew. If the Law was truly abolished as that camp claim, Paul wouldn't have lived by it at all.

Furthermore, if Jesus came to abolish the Law, then sins like incest, murder, adultery, witchcraft, and idolatry are no longer sins. Again, hyper grace propagandists can't have it both ways and judge the world by moral standards they believe were completely abolished by Christ. There isn't a single passage that says sins under the former covenant stopped being a sin under the current covenant just because Jesus' death gives a person the privilege of being reconciled to God.

Contrary to what the dishonest hyper grace propagandists expect others to believe, Jesus was not sent to die so people can continue doing the very things that He laid down His life for. That would mean Jesus allowed Himself to be ridiculed, beaten, and hung on a stake for absolutely nothing.

Paul's statement in 2 Tim. 2:19 makes it obvious that the Christian obligation is to live by the Law because he says everyone who professes Christ is obligated to depart from sin. And since the Bible defines sins as violating God's commandments(Jas. 2:10-11, 1Jhn 3:4), that means Christians are to do the exact opposite of violating those commandments as a way of life. There should be no confusion, nor should there be any professing Christians arguing against such sound and easy to understand theology.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law Gal5:22&23

Yes, but to have the Fruit of the Spirit, you have to have The Holy Spirit in you, as its HIS FRUIT..... savedbygrace1.
And if you do have Him in you, then you are born again and "not under the Law, but under Grace".
And it by the Holy Spirit, or "Christ in you", that is the FRUIT found that you bear...
That's why it empowers the Holiness that is our discipleship.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I just don't want people to believe that no effort is required from us.

Yes i understand..

There is no "effort" required to Go to Heaven, as what can we offer God, that he'll accept, if you have unforgiven sin, and are not born again?
There is nothing we can do, that God will accept to accept us.
Why?
Because he can't accept PAST OUR SIN that is unforgiven, that is keeping us apart from Him, and His Holy Spirit.

So, there is no effort that we can do, that will cause God to have us as His Son.
But there is the begotten Son, by whose STRIPES we were healed, and by His CROSS we CAN BE accepted by God., instantly.
THAT CROSS... is the Effort,.... JESUS is the "effort" that God accepts to allow us to become a part of His Heavenly Family.

Once we are born again, then we certainly are to "present our bodies a living sacrifice" to Our Heavenly Father, because He has become our Heavenly Father.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes i understand..

There is no "effort" required to Go to Heaven, as what can we offer God, that he'll accept, if you have unforgiven sin, and are not born again?
Why?
Because he can't accept PAST OUR SIN that is unforgiven, that is keeping us apart from Him, and His Holy Spirit.

So, there is no effort that we can do, that will cause God to have us as His Son.
But there is the begotten Son, by whose STRIPES we were healed, and by His CROSS we CAN BE accepted by God., instantly.
THAT CROSS... is the Effort,.... JESUS is the "effort" that God accepts to allow us to become a part of His Heavenly Family.

Once we are born again, then we certainly are to "present our bodies a living sacrifice" to Our Heavenly Father, because He has become our Heavenly Father.
I think there IS effort required to go to heaven. The Lord will save us from our sin, but the gate only opens when we repent.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Problem is, there isn't a single passage in any 1 of the 4 gospel accounts that shows Jesus saying He came to live by the Law in anyone else's place.

Sure there is.

He explained it to John the Baptist, when He was about to be water baptized.
See, Christ is not fulfilling the Law for Himself, and what need is there for the Sinless God-man have to do that?
But for US< He became this fulfillment to then offer it on the Cross., as THE Sacrifice in our place, on our behalf, that God accepts to accept us.
See, God can't accept you, DesireofallNations, as you have sinned all your life.
So, based on another MAN, the 2nd Adam, Jesus THE Christ.. who is sinless, God offers this to you... if you will Believe in Jesus, then God will take what Christ has done, and apply it to you as if you did it.

That is the "Gift of Salvation".

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes i understand..

Why?

I think there IS effort required to go to heaven. The Lord will save us from our sin, but the gate only opens when we repent.
In other words, it is one thing for the Lord to save you from your sin and give you another chance. It is another thing for the gate to heaven to open up for you.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I think there IS effort required to go to heaven.

The Cross is the "effort", and that effort has been paid for YOUR sin.
This is why Jesus told YOU< that "I AM the only way to the Father".
John 14:6

So, you need to quit trying to earn heaven, as you can only go their through Christ.
IT Not your self effort....but HIS, that God accepts to accept you.
God only Accepts you based on what Christ has finished on The Cross.
If you try to go there based on you, as you are doing, then you will be told this....>"Depart from me, i never knew you".
Thats a fact.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Cross is the "effort", and that effort has been paid for YOUR sin.
This is why Jesus told YOU< that "I AM the only way to the Father".
John 14:6

So, you need to quit trying to earn heaven, as you can only go their through Christ.
IT Not your self effort....but HIS, that God accepts to accept you.
If you try to go there based on you, as you are doing, then you will be told this....>"Depart from me, i never knew you".
Thats a fact.
The cross saved us from our sins, but we don't go to heaven till we repent (Matthew 4:17).