God's Grace is the end of the Law : for the Born Again

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
Its the Law that has spiritual dominion over all who are not a part of the Kingdom of God.
Once you are born again, you are "not under the law, but under GRACE".
"Grace" is the everlasting Mercy of God.

So, if you are not born again, into the KOG....Romans 14:17....then the law has dominion over you, which gives it the RIGHT to judge your unholiness as compared to God's Holiness.
= You are judged by the LAW, to be a SINNER, until you are saved by the blood of Jesus as the Grace of God, and become a born again Saint...no longer under the law, but "under Grace".
Thats the purpose of the law.
Its to reveal just how unholy we are, as compared to Holy God, so that by this revelation we can come to God on the Cross for help and receive "the Gift of Salvation" which is eternal Redemption from our sin and from the "curse of the law."
"Christ came to deliver us from the curse of the Law".

"Christ has redeemed you from the CURSE of THE LAW"....if you are born again.

See God's REMEDY ?

Come to the Cross, receive forgiveness for all your sin, and enter the KOG...as born again by the Holy Spirit.... Not by water, but "by my Spirit sayeth the LORD". And God is that Spirit..
2 Corinthians 3:17
And if you have not the Spirit of God in you, then you are "none of His".
Romans 8:9-11.

How do you get there from here??

Jesus said..."you must be born again". Spiritually. And that means your spirit has to be born again, into spiritual UNION with God, as 'ONE with God" 'In Christ".

Your NT tells you that when you come to Christ, BELIEVING... after hearing the Gospel of the Grace of God, as "faith comes by hearing" "the preaching of the Cross".., then GOD delivers you (born again) out of the dominion of the Law by doing this..
= "Translated from Darkness....>TO LIGHT".
You now become...>"not under the law...but under Grace", having entered the Kingdom of God.
This is why the born again are "seated in Heavenly places" right now.

Reader....Its the rule of Grace that is the law of the Kingdom Of God.
What is grace?
Its God's eternal love and mercy ...Its this....>"God first loved you".
ITs this..>"For God so loved the world that He GAVE" "the Gift of Salvation".. "to all who will come" to Jesus, BELIEVING.

See that?
That is the born again Spirit becoming a """New Creation"" IN CHRIST......and this is the eternal fruit of God's Grace.
The born again are the heritage of the Lord, and the Sons of God.
THe born again are "heirs of God", and "joint heirs with Jesus".

And what is Christ?
He is, The Living Word made Flesh... The Lord and Savior and Redeemer.....and He is "The LIGHT of the World"....and the KOG is a Kingdom of Light....."Light"= is holiness, righteousness, truth... as this is God as Himself....who exists in and AS that Light.
1 John 1:5

In Genesis you find... God , who through Jesus the pre-incarnate Word....said..>Let there be LIGHT."
And that was not just referring to creating the absence of Darkness , but also the appearing of Light INTO the Darkness that shines "out of the Darkness".
This... 2 Corinthians 4:6
Jesus IS The Light.

So, when you are born again SPIRITUALLY, you become a "child of the LIGHT".....born again INTO God's Spirit....and are now "seated in Heavenly places in Christ'.
See that? That is a born again Child of the Light, ALREADY existing with GOD and CHRIST..as "ONE">. John 17:23
The born again are not waiting for Eternal Life.
Eternal life is now living inside them, as they have become "The temple of the Holy Spirit"..."ONE with God". "a New Spiritual Creation"..."in Christ".

Reader........The only way to get there is to be born again....and this is why Jesus said in John 14:6...>"i am THE WAY".......as He is THE LIGHT.

When you are born again, Jesus comes to live in you...."Christ in you, the hope of Glory"....He is Joined to your Spirit when you are born again.... and you become One with Him who is your Eternal LIFE.

The Truth and the analogy the NT gives regarding Spiritual Union with God and Christ is....>"BRIDE of Christ"...see that?
And how do you become a Bride? = You get married.
And what is God's definition of marriage....>"two become ONE FLESH"... See that?....That is JOINED... So that is why you are to "flee fornication", so that you do not become ONE FLESH with a person, as that is a spiritual UNION situation that is so much much more than just the fornication.
So, with God and Christ, when you are born again, you become ONE WITH GOD.
That is a Spiritual BRIDE becoming one with her Spiritual Husband.
This is Christ Jesus THE LORD joining Himself to His "Body of Christ", SPIRITUALLY.
His Spirit, in union with your Spirit = "ONE WITH GOD", "in Christ".
See that?
That is Christ the GROOM, joined to his BODY, His BRIDE....His Church....= ALL the born again.

Its like this Reader.....Christ is not coming back to marry His BRiDE.
He is coming back for his Bride He has already married, = Spiritually.
This is all the BORN AGAIN.
I believe Jesus said he didn't come to abolish the law, but to fulfill it (or something like that).

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I believe Jesus said he didn't come to abolish the law, but to fulfill it (or something like that).

If you are not born again, then the "fulfilling of the Law", is not applied to you as a part of your Salvation/Redemption that is "the finished work of Jesus on the Cross".

If you are born again, then "Jesus has redeemed you from the curse of the Law"....by fulfilling it in your place, which abolishes for you.
This is why the born again are "not under the law, but under GRACE".

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are not born again, then the "fulfilling of the Law", is not applied to you as a part of your Salvation/Redemption that is "the finished work of Jesus on the Cross".

If you are born again, then "Jesus has redeemed you from the curse of the Law"....by fulfilling it in your place, which abolishes for you.
This is why the born again are "not under the law, but under GRACE".
You seem very technical. I find that obeying the Lord's commandments keeps me out of trouble.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I find that obeying the Lord's commandments keeps me out of trouble.

That is because you feel you need to do that to stay out of trouble.

I dont even think about the 10 Commandments, as i have something better inside me, that is my power to live in Victory.

The wonder of "being the Temple of the Holy Spirit" is that this is TRUE, and when you have Christ in you, then you have access to all that God has, and all that God is.....as God is in you.
This is to be born again, and it is the only way to life a perfected discipleship......>Its to be connected to "Christ in you, the hope of Glory", by the renewed mind, which is how you "walk in the Spirit".

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is because you feel you need to do that to stay out of trouble.

I dont even think about the 10 Commandments, as i have something better inside me, that is my power to live in Victory.

The wonder of "being the Temple of the Holy Spirit" is that this is TRUE, and when you have Christ in you, then you have access to all that God has, and all that God is.....as God is in you.
This is to be born again, and it is the only way to life a perfected discipleship......>Its to be connected to "Christ in you, the hope of Glory", by the renewed mind, which is how you "walk in the Spirit".
Staying out of trouble - the kind of trouble sin gets us into - promotes peace.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Staying out of trouble - the kind of trouble sin gets us into - promotes peace.

Living inside the lifestyle boundary set by the 10 Commandments, will help the unbeliever as well as the believer..... sure Bob.

But, because Jesus is the "Prince of Peace", and "the peace of God passes ALL UNDERSTANDING", that a Born again person has access to, forever... and that has nothing to do with keeping Commandments, then that is how you maintain real peace. As that is based on God's Grace and His indwelling presence and comfort.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did not abolish the law, he abolished righteousness of obeying the law
I don't understand how obeying the law abolishes righteousness: "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." (Matthew 5:6 RSV)

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Living inside the lifestyle boundary set by the 10 Commandments, will help the unbeliever as well as the believer..... sure Bob.

But, because Jesus is the "Prince of Peace", and "the peace of God passes ALL UNDERSTANDING", that a Born again person has access to, forever... and that has nothing to do with keeping Commandments, then that is how you maintain real peace. As that is based on God's Grace and His indwelling presence and comfort.
Why would anyone want to break any of the Ten Commandments?

savedbygrace1

Jun 1, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I don't understand how obeying the law abolishes righteousness: "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." (Matthew 5:6 RSV)
Under the new covenant believers have a righteousnes of faith in Christ:
But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22 This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.
Rom3:21&22
There is living righteously, and being made righteous/justified in God's sight by faith in His Son

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I don't understand how obeying the law abolishes righteousness:

The Law is a curse.= because "the Law is the power of sin".
This means that when you try to keep the law and the commandments, by self effort, vs, being empowered by God's Spirit to live Holy, "Under Grace" then you end up "under the law", ...."striving against sin". "sinning and confessing".
That is the "CURSE OF THE LAW"......and "Jesus came to deliver you from the curse of the law".

So, can you begin to realize how off the mark you are, when you want to try to KEEP by self effort, the CURSE of the LAW, that Christ died on the Cross to deliver you from?

Listen now...
There is no Moses Law in Heaven. There is no Moses law were God exists, and the born again exist IN GOD....IN CHRIST......already.
The Law is not for the born again, as we are "not under the Law, but under Grace"

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Under the new covenant believers have a righteousnes of faith in Christ:
But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22 This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.
Rom3:21&22
There is living righteously, and being made righteous/justified in God's sight by faith in His Son
Under any covenant we need to repent of our sin. Sin has consequences. The Lord didn't say, "Sin." The Lord said, "Repent."

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Law is a curse.= because "the Law is the power of sin".
This means that when you try to keep the law and the commandments, by self effort, vs, being empowered by God's Spirit to live Holy, "Under Grace" then you end up "under the law", ...."striving against sin". "sinning and confessing".
That is the "CURSE OF THE LAW"......and "Jesus came to deliver you from the curse of the law".

So, can you begin to realize how off the mark you are, when you want to try to KEEP by self effort, the CURSE of the LAW, that Christ died on the Cross to deliver you from?

Listen now...
There is no Moses Law in Heaven. There is no Moses law were God exists, and the born again exist IN GOD....IN CHRIST......already.
The Law is not for the born again, as we are "not under the Law, but under Grace"
The Law simply points out things that we might do that would have unpleasant consequences. For instance, if you rob a bank, you go to prison. The consequences aren't always so obvious, but they exist.

savedbygrace1

Jun 1, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Under any covenant we need to repent of our sin. Sin has consequences. The Lord didn't say, "Sin." The Lord said, "Repent."
But the law is now within us. It is not engraved on stone anymore for the believer:
You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
2Corinthians3:3
Whatever is in your heart, you in your heart want to follow, and when you slip up, you will be full of remorse

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the law is now within us. It is not engraved on stone anymore for the believer:
You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
2Corinthians3:3
Whatever is in your heart, you in your heart want to follow, and when you slip up, you will be full of remorse
The Law simply shows us how to stay out of trouble. It is for our benefit.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Under any covenant we need to repent of our sin."

Youve been repenting for 40 yrs.
Had enough yet of that failure?
Need 40 more ?

Listen.
You dont need to be repenting, you need to be DELIVERED from the LAW and the power of sin.
You can't do that by yourself, and that is why you are here talking about sinning, instead of talking about How Christ has set you free.
I teach how you can stop failing, as that is what Paul teaches.

"sinning and confessing" is not real Christianity.......its broken faith... or its a religious person, playing a mind game with themselves.

Bob Estey.....Ive never read where you stated you are born again.
Are you born again?
And i didnt ask you if you are water baptized or if you are a "christian".
Keep that in mind, if you decide to answer me.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The Law simply points out things that we might do that would have unpleasant consequences.

My Thread is talking about God's Grace, Deliverance from sin, and the perfected discipleship of the born again.
Your posts all talk about the opposite.
Why do you think that is ????
Jesus is not interested in your law keeping theological rants, Bob.
He is interested in you not being a sinning and confessing discipleship failure, as you keep defining as your issue with sin and the repenting of it.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The law is still in place, it is within us, only righteousness of obeying it was removed

"Christ is the end of the LAW FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS".

So, we are not to be mindful of law and commandments...as that is the priority of the old Testament Jew.
They worried and fretted about keeping all of this, and Jesus told them for their trouble that the devil is their father.

So, the born again is not to be concerned with any of that. We are to be heavenly minded and service minded and praise minded, and always walking in the Spirit.

savedbygrace1

Jun 1, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
"Christ is the end of the LAW FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS".

So, we are not to be mindful of law and commandments...as that is the priority of the old Testament Jew.
They worried and fretted about keeping all of this, and Jesus told them for their trouble that the devil is their father.

So, the born again is not to be concerned with any of that. We are to be heavenly minded and service minded and praise minded, and always walking in the Spirit.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law Gal5:22&23