God's Heavenly Government: Why Its Not A Monarchy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the last trump is not the great trump. The word in Matt 24:31 is episunagó, not harpazo. Jesuit Futurist? Phone, read the Greek. lol
The "last trump" is blown when Jesus comes, and is blown by God Himself (Zechariah 9:14). No seven years of trib to follow. No second chance before Second Coming. Not anything but desolation and destruction until God returns to make the New Heaven and Earth.

Yes, you're a Jesuit Futurist. There is not a single record of any Protestant teaching scholarly of any seven last years of trib containing a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem in which a really evil "antichrist" dude will sit and broker a seven year treaty between Arabs and Jews, etc.

Protestants taught AS I TEACH - Protestant Historicism. Jesuit Futurism came as a response to Protestant Historicism because it dealt such a devastating blow to the papacy. And you are fully ensconced in it.

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
If you're truly a believer, then why didn't you "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy" today? Were you in church worshiping Jesus today? Are you aware that Jesus is disappointed that so many churches were locked today when He came to meet with His "believers"? Are you aware that Sunday is just as much a "work day" as it was since Sinai? It's time to stop making it up as we go and start doing it Jesus' way.

Exactly!! This is why a believer is secure under the blood of Christ, because no man can perfectly keep the law. lol

Nov 2, 2016
USA
The "last trump" is blown when Jesus comes, and is blown by God Himself (Zechariah 9:14). No seven years of trib to follow. No second chance before Second Coming. Not anything but desolation and destruction until God returns to make the New Heaven and Earth.

No actually, the word megas is found in Matt 24:31.

megas: great
Original Word: μέγας, μεγάλη, μέγα
Part of Speech: Adjective; Adverb, Comparative
Transliteration: megas
Phonetic Spelling: (meg'-as)
Short Definition: large, great
Definition: large, great, in the widest sense.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly!! This is why a believer is secure under the blood of Christ, because no man can perfectly keep the law. lol
Not in a man's own strength can he. Now, do you believe Paul?
"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.

Or, do you believe "all things" means "everything except overcoming sin"?

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Not in a man's own strength can he. Now, do you believe Paul?
"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.

Or, do you believe "all things" means "everything except overcoming sin"?

Yes, believers depend on Christ to keep them saved not their own works or strength. Overcoming sin is one of them.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No actually, the word megas is found in Matt 24:31.

megas: great
Original Word: μέγας, μεγάλη, μέγα
Part of Speech: Adjective; Adverb, Comparative
Transliteration: megas
Phonetic Spelling: (meg'-as)
Short Definition: large, great
Definition: large, great, in the widest sense.
Why are you hung up on this trumpet thing? Is there any greater a trumpet that the "trump of God"?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, believers depend on Christ to keep them saved not their own works or strength. Overcoming sin is one of them.
I agree, since we are helpless to overcome sin in our own strength.

What believers cannot count on Jesus to do for them is to cover their iniquitous, presumptuous, deliberate, known sin - if believers persist in rejecting the Holy Spirit's pleadings to turn from it, they will eventually be lost.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because it's biblical, the first trump is in Exodus, the last trump is in 1 Cor 15, and the great trump is in Matt 24.
No, the Last Trump is blown when the dead in Christ rise at the Second Coming. The Bible knows of no other trumpet being blown thereafter.

Nov 2, 2016
USA

What believers cannot count on Jesus to do for them is to cover their iniquitous, presumptuous, deliberate, known sin - if believers persist in rejecting the Holy Spirit's pleadings to turn from it, they will eventually be lost.

and that is false because you put us back under the law. it like telling me to play in the NBA when i know nothing about basketball. all i know is grace

No, the Last Trump is blown when the dead in Christ rise at the Second Coming. The Bible knows of no other trumpet being blown thereafter.

Well, fortunately for believers, the main harvest are not the gleanings. one must be born again to make pre-trib rapture, rev 12:5.

larry2

Jun 14, 2018
Arapahoe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you understand that their is a Biblical distinction between stumbling into sin and deliberately sitting down in it with no intention to get up?
All unrighteousness is sin.
1Jn 5:17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

The "sin unto death" is the Unpardonable Sin - when one has "seared their conscience with a hot iron" so that one no longer feels the impress of the Holy Spirit leading to repentance...whereas "sin that is not unto death" is a sin of which one is still capable of repentance.
Why would a person need to repent of something they'll never do as one born of God? 1Jn 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not.

Do you believe somehow that a person isn't born of God until they have endured unto the end? Earlier in another post I thought you mentioned enduring unto the end, and to me I read that in Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. Context to me in that verse is one of being physically saved from the tribulation to enter the millennium.

Last for the moment is the sin unto death. I understand you to say that it is unpardonable, and if so someone God put to death because of sin was on their way to a Christless eternity? Thanks again.

Nov 2, 2016
USA

Psa 16:9-11 Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure. For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let your holy one see corruption. You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Heb 6:19 We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain,

larry2

Jun 14, 2018
Arapahoe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
building a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and yes being conformed into His image.
Amen, and preparing a bride for Jesus. There are going to be those of the body of christ that will be joint heirs with Him if so be ... Rom 8:17.

B

brakelite

building a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and yes being conformed into His image.
Agreed. So do you think being conformed into the image of Christ includes being in harmony with the laws of God? Romans 8:4

B

brakelite

In harmony out of thankfulness to the cross, not to save ourselves.
Yes, we are grateful for the cross, but that isn't the reason we are changed. It isn't the reason we obey God commandments. We obey because we are changed into the image of Christ. Our obedience comes out of our relationship with God, through Christ. From being attached to the vine. Fruits of righteousness.
To automatically respond with charges of legalism because a fellow Christian is observing the Sabbath is shortsighted.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Yes, we are grateful for the cross, but that isn't the reason we are changed. It isn't the reason we obey God commandments. We obey because we are changed into the image of Christ. Our obedience comes out of our relationship with God, through Christ. From being attached to the vine. Fruits of righteousness.
To automatically respond with charges of legalism because a fellow Christian is observing the Sabbath is shortsighted.

Actually the cross is the reason we are changed because it is finished. The reason we are changed in His image is because of discipline and sanctification through the cross. True believers will never be unattached from the vine (Jhn 15 is only using allegorical language). We are His until redemption. We produce fruits of righteousness not through our works but through the finished work of the cross.

He is the only reason we are considered righteous in His eyes, because of what He accomplished on the cross. Observing the Sabbath is fine brakelite. That's good you're doing that. Legalism is only acquired when you say a believer can go to hell for falling short. Legalism is when you add works to the blood of Christ when He already paid the sin debt. - Heb