God's Love

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.A Powerful statement, one of the most quoted best known verse's in scripture. We understand every word clearly, no debate here.We understand the Words well but what of the emotions in this statement. Can we really understand what it means that God so loved us he gave his only son to save us.. Anyone who is a parent, a brother, sister,daughter,son and truly comprehends this statement is brought to the edge of human comprehension. When we try to think of this in human terms, it almost seems incomprehensible. Imagine you have a large rebellious family some deny you even exist, some are liars , some are thieves, and all matter of sinners few ever do as you asked of them. Could you sacrifice the life one the one good son,daughter, brother ,sister that you loved to save all your rebelling ungrateful family? .....Not likely in our human World in our flesh definition of Love.So how do we begin to be able comprehend this great love for us our Father has, How do we put it in terms we can begin to absorb into our minds and hearts? God in his great wisdom knows this about us so he has broken it down in many ways in many verse's and examples for us. We need but take a few minutes and hear his words to understand his emotions and get a glimpse of his all consuming Love for his childrenLets look at Abraham Gen.17:19And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him. 22And he left off talking with him, and God went up from Abraham. Gen 21:1And the LORD visited Sarah as he had said, and the LORD did unto Sarah as he had spoken. 2For Sarah conceived, and bare Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him. 3And Abraham called the name of his son that was born unto him, whom Sarah bare to him, Isaac. 4And Abraham circumcised his son Isaac being eight days old, as God had commanded him. 5And Abraham was an hundred years old, when his son Isaac was born unto him. 6And Sarah said, God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me. 7And she said, Who would have said unto Abraham, that Sarah should have given children suck? for I have born him a son in his old age. 8And the child grew, and was weaned: and Abraham made a great feast the same day that Isaac was weaned. Gen.222And {God} said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of. 3And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which God had told him. 4Then on the third day Abraham lifted up his eyes, and saw the place afar off. 5And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you. 6And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together. 7And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering? 8And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together. 9And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood. Can anyone imagine how Abraham was feeling at this moment He and Sarah had waited 100 years to be blessed with this son... Sarah his beloved wife had laughed with joy at the birth of this lad Abraham had circumcised him himself threw a feast when he was weaned, Looking down at his young son, Issac must have been looking back at his father his little face questioning his actionsAbraham heart had to be breaking ...Is this how God felt when Jesus was hung on the cross ? Does God give us this story to show us in human terms how he felt ? Yet unlike Abraham who was saved from killing his beloved son by the Ram God sent to save Issac from death ... No Ram came to save Jesus, God had to let his Son be killed for our sake. 1 John 49 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.10Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.Since it is God's essential nature to love, He demonstrates His love by lavishing it on undeserving people who are in rebellion against Him. God’s love is not a sappy, sentimental, romantic feeling. Rather, it is agape love, the love of self-sacrifice. He demonstrates this sacrificial love by sending His Son to the cross to pay the penalty for our sin8He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love16And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him“God is love.” Never was a more important declaration made than this; never was more meaning crowded into a few words than in this short sentence—God is love. This is a profound statement. God doesn’t just love; He is love. His nature and essence are love. Love permeates His very being and infuses all His other attributes, even His wrath and anger. Because God’s very nature is love, He must demonstrate love, just as He must demonstrate all His attributes because doing so glorifies Him. Glorifying God is the highest, the best, and the most noble of all acts and He deserves all glory.7Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.11Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.12No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.13Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.18There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.By forgiving us of our rebellion against Him, and by sending His Holy Spirit to dwell within us, thereby enabling us to love as He loves. He did this in spite of the fact that we did not deserve it. "But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8).God’s love for the world is manifested in the fact that He gives people the opportunity to repent (2 Peter 3:9).God loves everyone equally in that He is merciful to all.Christians have His eternal grace and mercy – the promise of His forever love in Heaven. It is God’s love for all that should draw us all to receive His eternal love.God's love is personal. He knows each of us individually and loves us personally. His is a mighty love that has no beginning and no end. It is this experiencing of God’s love that distinguishes Christianity from all other religions. Why does God love us? ..........It is because of who He is:...... "God is love." We love him, because he first loved us.(4:19)

Lookin4wardtoHeaven

Jul 17, 2007
QUOTE (Christina @ Apr 5 2009, 12:15 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71832
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.A Powerful statement, one of the most quoted best known verse's in scripture. We understand every word clearly, no debate here.We understand the Words well but what of the emotions in this statement. Can we really understand what it means that God so loved us he gave his only son to save us.. Anyone who is a parent, a brother, sister,daughter,son and truly comprehends this statement is brought to the edge of human comprehension. When we try to think of this in human terms, it almost seems incomprehensible. Imagine you have a large rebellious family some deny you even exist, some are liars , some are thieves, and all matter of sinners few ever do as you asked of them. Could you sacrifice the life one the one good son,daughter, brother ,sister that you loved to save all your rebelling ungrateful family? .....Not likely in our human World in our flesh definition of Love.So how do we begin to be able comprehend this great love for us our Father has, How do we put it in terms we can begin to absorb into our minds and hearts? God in his great wisdom knows this about us so he has broken it down in many ways in many verse's and examples for us. We need but take a few minutes and hear his words to understand his emotions and get a glimpse of his all consuming Love for his childrenLets look at Abraham Gen.17:19And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him. 22And he left off talking with him, and God went up from Abraham. Gen 21:1And the LORD visited Sarah as he had said, and the LORD did unto Sarah as he had spoken. 2For Sarah conceived, and bare Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him. 3And Abraham called the name of his son that was born unto him, whom Sarah bare to him, Isaac. 4And Abraham circumcised his son Isaac being eight days old, as God had commanded him. 5And Abraham was an hundred years old, when his son Isaac was born unto him. 6And Sarah said, God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me. 7And she said, Who would have said unto Abraham, that Sarah should have given children suck? for I have born him a son in his old age. 8And the child grew, and was weaned: and Abraham made a great feast the same day that Isaac was weaned. Gen.222And {God} said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of. 3And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which God had told him. 4Then on the third day Abraham lifted up his eyes, and saw the place afar off. 5And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you. 6And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together. 7And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering? 8And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together. 9And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood. Can anyone imagine how Abraham was feeling at this moment He and Sarah had waited 100 years to be blessed with this son... Sarah his beloved wife had laughed with joy at the birth of this lad Abraham had circumcised him himself threw a feast when he was weaned, Looking down at his young son, Issac must have been looking back at his father his little face questioning his actionsAbraham heart had to be breaking ...Is this how God felt when Jesus was hung on the cross ? Does God give us this story to show us in human terms how he felt ? Yet unlike Abraham who was saved from killing his beloved son by the Ram God sent to save Issac from death ... No Ram came to save Jesus, God had to let his Son be killed for our sake. 1 John 49 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.10Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.Since it is God's essential nature to love, He demonstrates His love by lavishing it on undeserving people who are in rebellion against Him. God’s love is not a sappy, sentimental, romantic feeling. Rather, it is agape love, the love of self-sacrifice. He demonstrates this sacrificial love by sending His Son to the cross to pay the penalty for our sin8He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love16And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him“God is love.” Never was a more important declaration made than this; never was more meaning crowded into a few words than in this short sentence—God is love. This is a profound statement. God doesn’t just love; He is love. His nature and essence are love. Love permeates His very being and infuses all His other attributes, even His wrath and anger. Because God’s very nature is love, He must demonstrate love, just as He must demonstrate all His attributes because doing so glorifies Him. Glorifying God is the highest, the best, and the most noble of all acts and He deserves all glory.7Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.11Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.12No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.13Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.18There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.By forgiving us of our rebellion against Him, and by sending His Holy Spirit to dwell within us, thereby enabling us to love as He loves. He did this in spite of the fact that we did not deserve it. "But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8).God’s love for the world is manifested in the fact that He gives people the opportunity to repent (2 Peter 3:9).God loves everyone equally in that He is merciful to all.Christians have His eternal grace and mercy – the promise of His forever love in Heaven. It is God’s love for all that should draw us all to receive His eternal love.God's love is personal. He knows each of us individually and loves us personally. His is a mighty love that has no beginning and no end. It is this experiencing of God’s love that distinguishes Christianity from all other religions. Why does God love us? ..........It is because of who He is:...... "God is love." We love him, because he first loved us.(4:19)
{{{Christina}}}}}God has spoken to your heart and you have laid this out so beautifully ....Words are escaping me as I read what you have posted here....I am filled with so much joy right now. Amen and Amen!Isn't is wonderful to know that God loved us even when we didn't love Him.?His love is not false , forced ....but His love is enduring and pure .Thank you sweet Master, for your gracious enduring love.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
QUOTE (Lookin'4wardtoHeaven @ Apr 5 2009, 05:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71872
{{{Christina}}}}}God has spoken to your heart and you have laid this out so beautifully ....Words are escaping me as I read what you have posted here....I am filled with so much joy right now. Amen and Amen!Isn't is wonderful to know that God loved us even when we didn't love Him.?His love is not false , forced ....but His love is enduring and pure .Thank you sweet Master, for your gracious enduring love.
Yes, she did laid this so beautifully. I can't help being filled with so much joy on the inside. She has a beautiful heart, mind and soul... Her love for God is amazing.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Thank You both I am humbled at your words ...but this was not of me I can take no credit for it. Thank Father for his beautiful Words and all encompassing Love for his children

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
QUOTE (Christina @ Apr 5 2009, 11:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71921
Thank You both I am humbled at your words ...but this was not of me I can take no credit for it. Thank Father for his beautiful Words and all encompassing Love for his children
True, you don't take credit for that, so yes, we will thank Father. And true our Father does have beautiful words and encompassing Love for his children... but don't you take some credit for at least doing it for what God has enable you to do it?

Lookin4wardtoHeaven

Jul 17, 2007
((( Christina)))I know what you mean by giving God the Glory for these words......Praise God for them indeed.
smile.gif

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
QUOTE (Lookin'4wardtoHeaven @ Apr 6 2009, 11:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71942
((( Christina)))I know what you mean by giving God the Glory for these words......Praise God for them indeed.
smile.gif

Amen! Our God is a God of Love. And He will always protect those who loves Him. And because of this very statement I just said... I felt it is right to bring this topic forward because of God's love is everlasting.