Gods Standard is...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...well. see your ignorance...
Only those (such as yourself) who promote heresies are ignorant.

IGNORANT STATEMENT #1
"...God (the Father?), that's Jesus..." [CANNOT DISTINGUISH BETWEEN THE FATHER AND THE SON]

IGNORANT STATEMENT #2
...yes, that "Son" who you ignorantly don't know or understand is the "Father" shared in flesh... [CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY CHRIST IS CALLED "THE EVERLASTING FATHER"]

IGNORANT STATEMENT #3
"...God/Jesus is the Head of that diversified flesh called "Christ.." [THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS MADE HIS OWN "HEAD" (AUTHORITY) CONTRARY TO 1 COR 11:3]

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only those (such as yourself) who promote heresies are ignorant.

IGNORANT STATEMENT #1
"...God (the Father?), that's Jesus..." [CANNOT DISTINGUISH BETWEEN THE FATHER AND THE SON]

IGNORANT STATEMENT #2
...yes, that "Son" who you ignorantly don't know or understand is the "Father" shared in flesh... [CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY CHRIST IS CALLED "THE EVERLASTING FATHER"]

IGNORANT STATEMENT #3
"...God/Jesus is the Head of that diversified flesh called "Christ.." [THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS MADE HIS OWN "HEAD" (AUTHORITY) CONTRARY TO 1 COR 11:3]
you have no clue that God is ONE "PERSON" who is ONE Spirit.

for you to even answer was ignorant of you ..... :D

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, let's get down to business. John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made".

now this, Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I [am] the LORD that maketh all [things]; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself".

is these two scriptures speaking of the same person or two different person(s)?

PICJAG.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet, God called Himself "us" more than once. So maybe it was done more because of our own intellectual limitations...

I don't have a problem with the trinity doctrine. I can't see where it leads a man into a huge misunderstanding of what is essentially ungraspable for us anyway, at least fully.

I do however, have a huge problem with men saying Jesus is not God.and I have that big problem because I do fear for them when they say it.

Reactions: faithfulness

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, let's get down to business. John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made".

now this, Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I [am] the LORD that maketh all [things]; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself".

is these two scriptures speaking of the same person or two different person(s)?

PICJAG.

I'm guessing the argument will be...bad translation, it says through Him, not by Him....just guessing.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet, God called Himself "us" more than once. So maybe it was done more because of our own intellectual limitations...

I don't have a problem with the trinity doctrine. I can't see where it leads a man into a huge misunderstanding of what is essentially ungraspable for us anyway, at least fully.

I do however, have a huge problem with men saying Jesus is not God.and I have that big problem because I do fear for them when they say it.
are you sure God called HIMself "US" as in tow separate and distinct persons. Good you're on the right track, now tell me this, how many is God, listen, Matthew 19:3 "The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
Matthew 19:4 "And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made [them] at the beginning made them male and female". he is ONE PERSON. now is this speaking of God, let the scriptures speak. Mark 10:5 "And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept.
Mark 10:6 "But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female". so clearly God is a "HE" which made the male and the female.

CAN YOU AGREE? remember Jesus said this, and he cannot lie.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm guessing the argument will be...bad translation, it says through Him, not by Him....just guessing.
you might need to examine Isaiah 44:24 again, "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I [am] the LORD that maketh all [things]; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

the terms "Alone" and "by myself" eliminates any doubt that this is only ONE Person, can you agree?.

PICJAG

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
are you sure God called HIMself "US" as in tow separate and distinct persons. Good you're on the right track, now tell me this, how many is God, listen, Matthew 19:3 "The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
Matthew 19:4 "And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made [them] at the beginning made them male and female". he is ONE PERSON. now is this speaking of God, let the scriptures speak. Mark 10:5 "And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept.
Mark 10:6 "But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female". so clearly God is a "HE" which made the male and the female.

CAN YOU AGREE? remember Jesus said this, and he cannot lie.

PICJAG.

Haha, this might be one for bbyrd. I do not think of God as having male parts if that's what you mean.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you might need to examine Isaiah 44:24 again, "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I [am] the LORD that maketh all [things]; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

the terms "Alone" and "by myself" eliminates any doubt that this is only ONE Person, can you agree?.

PICJAG

I agree. I was just playing chess, guessing what the argument would be when it came from someone.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That verse names all three persons of the Godhead/Trinity.
Not so. That verse is strictly about the Lord Jesus Christ, since He was the one who was born on earth and will reign eternally as the Prince of Peace.

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

So how does "The everlasting Father" [ אֲבִיעַ֖ד (’ă-ḇî-‘aḏ)]
apply to the Son of God?

It simply means that even though Christ was born as a Man, He is eternal or everlasting, and that He is a Father to the children of God. John Gill clarifies this in his commentary: The everlasting Father; which does not design any relation of Christ in the Godhead; and there is but one Father in the Godhead, and that is the first Person...but Christ is a Father with respect to chosen men, who were given him as his children and offspring in covenant; who are adopted into that family that is named of him, and who are regenerated by his Spirit and grace: and to these he is an "everlasting Father"...

And this corresponds to Hebrews 2:13, which has quotations from the OT applied to Christ: And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. I was just playing chess, guessing what the argument would be when it came from someone.
(smile).... like that.

now one more. yhe doctrine of the trinity states that all 3 person are co-equal .... right. ok, lets see. 1 Timothy 6:14 "That thou keep [this] commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
1 Timothy 6:15 "Which in his times he shall shew, [who][ is] the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
1 Timothy 6:16 "Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom [be] honour and power everlasting. Amen".

these verses are referring to the Lord Jesus whom you calls the son.... right. but problem, if the Lord Jesus the Son is the ONLY ONE with immortality where do that leave your other two persons. only means "ONE".

PICJAG.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I take it back. Maybe the trinity doctrine is more harmful than I thought, considering our previous conversation regarding the peccability or impeccability of Jesus...I could not fathom his being able to, or being in danger of, sinning, (because He is God and God cannot sin) while others thought I was taking from Gods glory by saying that...

I agree He was tempted and suffered but could not agree He could be tempted to sin.

Reactions: 101G

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It simply means that even though Christ was born as a Man, He is eternal or everlasting, and that He is a Father to the children of God.
ERROR, scripture, Malachi 2:10 "Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?".

Now, your Hebrews. Hebrews 2:12 "Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.
Hebrews 2:13 "And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

he is FATHER and SON. Father in Spirit, and Son in Flesh. so yours and John Gills assessment are incorrect.

PICJAG.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
for you to even answer was ignorant of you ...
No. A heretic needs to be rebuked and admonished from Scripture. You have been promoting you heresies here for a very long time, and calling me ignorant simply adds to your ignorance.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I take it back. Maybe the trinity doctrine is more harmful than I thought, considering our previous conversation regarding the peccability or impeccability of Jesus...I could not fathom his being able to, or being in danger of, sinning, (because He is God and God cannot sin) while others thought I was taking from Gods glory by saying that...
first thanks for your serenity. but the answers are in the bible, only need pointing out. if you like we will do our best to point them out.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. A heretic needs to be rebuked and admonished from Scripture. You have been promoting you heresies here for a very long time, and calling me ignorant simply adds to your ignorance.
please excuse me, we're in a good discussion. I'll come back to you ... ok.

PICJAG.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ERROR, scripture, Malachi 2:10 "Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?".

Now, your Hebrews. Hebrews 2:12 "Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.
Hebrews 2:13 "And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

he is FATHER and SON. Father in Spirit, and Son in Flesh. so yours and John Gills assessment are incorrect.

PICJAG.

I believe I agree with you. I could never grasp the Holy Spirit being separate. I always thought I could somewhat grasp a two person thought of God (although I personally think of God and Jesus as one) but it always fell apart for me when trying to consider the Holy Spirit as different than God, who is Spirit.

I began to skip over your posts a long time ago because I didn't like the way you spoke to others. I will stop skipping them. :)

Reactions: amadeus