Gods Standard is...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Israel is God's Chosen through His covenant with Abraham and passed down to His grandson, Jacob, whose name was changed to Israel. The 12 tribes of Jacob are the Israelites. There was no such thing as a Jew until some 1200 years later.

The Church, Physical, and Spiritual Galatians 6:1-18 esp. vs 16
ok well you sound awful sure up there!
but that last one reveals some interesting angles i guess huh
The scripture that I used speaks for itself.
so you say, yes

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Thanks for sharing this insight. My friend @bbyrd009 provoked me to read it first hand when I read his response to it down the way a bit. I especially liked the sentence I changed to blue font.
many will be deceived
is i guess an accurate depiction of God's understanding of our "understanding"

Reactions: amadeus

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That "God" knows and sees does not imo equate to "it doesnt really exist" nor "it has all somehow happened already, in God's mind prolly, and we are just all figments of His imagination, and dont really exist like we perceive."

Now is there a sense in which our material essence is not really as solid or real as we imagine? sure, prolly...but i am mostly led to believe this discussion is all a way of denying that we are elohim, too, wadr, and i mean right now, i mean hitler too, obv we are the "gods" of earth, we "make" the world, etc

Jesus might have called us "gods" (small g) but, I have yet to totally understand what He means exactly.
I know we have dominion over the "earth" but, no divinity!
We "make" the world" ??

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"But to then say that God is not herenow and aware of the present moment is imo taking that too far. <--- I don't recall saying that at all!, of course He is here now, and in this present moment. He is not within the "time continuum"
why do you say this? God cannot be with us bc He is Immortal and does not experience "now" the same way we do? Or even "bc God is aware of the end from the beginning, none of it really exists?"

See, conclusions are being made that imo support our desire to become Immortals too, and support our divining about the future, and support our Magic Incantations as a path to salvation, etc

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
o me it means he does not go to bed when the sun goes down (there is no need for the sun or moon in Heaven)
so then heaven is a place that just does not exist in our physical plane, iyo?
The kingdom of heaven is ______ ___
(like fun it is, heaven is a place where "God" lives, that Old White Guy with a white beard and white robe sitting on a throne prolly, and being judgemental, and i'm going no matter what you say, bc i know" see

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Didn't He create these things so we could learn the "times" and seasons?
why bother, if time does not exist and since God already knows the end we neednt even get out of bed? See, one concept is being used, stretched, to jusify another unrelated concept, imo. God is omnipotent. God knows what the end will be. In time, as end implies Time. Yes?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"in mom's view, is it already a done deal"
Well, your mom sure isn't God...
but that is not the point, i was not trying to equate mom with God, but i was maybe tryna show how she was god to me! Which imo is the sense in which you are elohim should be taken, rather than the...Roman way...

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Commit your way to Him, trust Him and He will do it.
and He will do what?
Cultivate faithfulness.
why, if God is going to do "it?"
To me, this means your job is to trust Him and wait patiently.
sometimes maybe, preferable to directing, sure, but what are you waiting for, if i may ask? Trust God for...what?

Fwiw our perception of this undefined "waiting patiently" which i know where you read that is maybe at odds with vv about today which are admittedly much briefer and more occluded even; but i could suggest a good reason for that i think

Go and proclaim the Gospel to the world
You won't run out of towns before I come

rather strange thing to say to newbies on their first exercise, innit?

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
catch a mouse and watch how it reacts to you maybe lol. I mean what species has control of the planet, iyo?
Hahaha...Like I said earlier, yes - we have "dominion" not "control" IMO. I thought God was in control?? :)
One day, that cute little mouse will not be afraid of me ♥

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I know we have dominion over the "earth" but, no divinity!
well, so you say, but maybe all that is needed is a better def of "divinity"
We "make" the world" ??
well, so i say, but maybe you did not assemble the world you live in bit by bit, reaping from sowing; its possible you are a slave to some camp or ideal, or even person, certainly, and feel that you are powerless to operate for some reason.

i would say pay attn for the next few days about stuff you "have to" do, note how many times a day you say that, and also note how often or seldom you are confronted with "either/or" choices rather than the thing you would prefer, maybe. MAnana banana :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, so i say, but maybe you did not assemble the world you live in bit by bit, reaping from sowing; its possible you are a slave to some camp or ideal, or even person, certainly, and feel that you are powerless to operate for some reason.

i would say pay attn for the next few days about stuff you "have to" do, note how many times a day you say that, and also note how often or seldom you are confronted with "either/or" choices rather than the thing you would prefer, maybe. MAnana banana :)
"well, so you say, but maybe all that is needed is a better def of "divinity" <--- And, how would you define "divinity"?
"note how many times a day you say that" <--- Funny you say this. I tell one of my brothers that he has a real bad case of the "I gottas's"
He's gotta go here, or gotta do this or that...and this is him on a regular basis. I gave up the "I gotta's a long time ago :)

"and also note how often or seldom you are confronted with "either/or" choices"
<---Daily. Sometimes His will is clear, sometimes not so much but, I DO know right from wrong, lol.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"well, so i say, but maybe you did not assemble the world you live in bit by bit, reaping from sowing;<--- We ALL reap what we sow.
its possible you are a slave to some camp or ideal, or even person, certainly, and feel that you are powerless to operate for some reason." <---
Not a chance Mark.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"and also note how often or seldom you are confronted with "either/or" choices" <---Daily. Sometimes His will is clear, sometimes not so much but, I DO know right from wrong, lol.
ah well no offense but I doubt any of us does that lol, but that was not the point anyway...

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"well, so i say, but maybe you did not assemble the world you live in bit by bit, reaping from sowing;<--- We ALL reap what we sow.
ok, yes, fine. You are adroit at changing the subject wadr
its possible you are a slave to some camp or ideal, or even person, certainly, and feel that you are powerless to operate for some reason." <---Not a chance Mark.
ok. Have a nice weekened