God's Will vs God's Desire

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone said that Jimi Hendrix may not be in heaven ,but his music is. Everything good in this world comes from God.
I used to to listen to Hendrix too - when I was a Hippie and lost in that scene. Can't think that Purple Haze or anything other music of his will be played up there. If He didn't make it, why would God approve of his music? He led many to do drugs. He was talented as a guitar player, but was lost.
Many artists fell into that drug revolution. Actually I think that was when America started to become polluted with immorality. Free love and sex ... "If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with". And drugs were an escape to altered states. Hendrix was tripping on LSD half the time if not stoned on pot. And who started it, I would have to say that the one of the greatest bands was The Beatles. But, they grew hair, got high and their fans followed. The change came with the Rubber Soul Albumn. Then on The Magical Mystery Tour and The White Albumn - some of the songs were out there: Strawberry Fields, I Am A Walrus, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds ...
Paul to this day will deny that those songs influenced youths in a negative way. Of course it is our responsibility not to be misled. We all thought the whole scene was cool. They even studied with Maharish Mahesh Yogi and people followed. They later found out that He was a fraud.
John got lost Yoko in their reality, quit the band. His song, "IMAGINE" speaks volumes to what is on the rise today - Marxism, communism.
I'm glad I didn't follow that movement for too long. I don't believe Stevie Wonder fell into that drug revolution though, I don't think his music was considered psychedelic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Renniks