Good News?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today was my first day back to work. And these words I spoke today to a coworker. When am I ever going to stop bearing witness unto The Lord. And her response was. Isn't that what your supposed to do? I said yeh, but how long did it take me today with you, 9 seconds after clocking in? I find that I can not help but bear witness to what The Lord has done in my life. The reason, so that they might believe and if possible be saved. Long ago, when I did not understand it then, but The Lord told me that the day would come that He would be glorified through me. Perhaps in part, this is what He meant. Perhaps today, my pm to you has more meaning? Just kidding.
We never know why He speaks to us when He does and who might be blessed by the sharing of it. Praise God!

Reactions: GTW27

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We never know why He speaks to us when He does and who might be blessed by the sharing of it. Praise God!
Be bold and trust whatever the Holy Spirit wants to do through you....He needs willing and obedient vessels so badly...He does want to manifest His power through you and healing is a wonderful gift .

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today was my first day back to work. And these words I spoke today to a coworker. When am I ever going to stop bearing witness unto The Lord. And her response was. Isn't that what your supposed to do? I said yeh, but how long did it take me today with you, 9 seconds after clocking in? I find that I can not help but bear witness to what The Lord has done in my life. The reason, so that they might believe and if possible be saved. Long ago, when I did not understand it then, but The Lord told me that the day would come that He would be glorified through me. Perhaps in part, this is what He meant. Perhaps today, my pm to you has more meaning? Just kidding.
You really bless me with your humble obedience to just be led of the Lord. Blessing those you come in contact with.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry for contributing mandela effect. That is probably the worse thing I ever shared on this site.

Yes, I have read some pretty sour things...my hope is to be a light of good news in the world, and I hope personally on this board I have shared this in my own walk. I may struggle with anxiety and have a bucketload to learn. But Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sins and rose again. I love Him and others and I want to share that. And there are a number of people on here I see God's light shine from also. I resolve to pray for this board more, because this definitely caught my attention when I came on here. To me, this is better then others I have been on. Of course it is going to be attacked. Usually spiritual warfare is a sign something is going right. I just havent been called to leave here yet.

"my hope is to be a light of good news in the world, and I hope personally on this board I have shared this in my own walk."
You are, and you have ♥

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy I know you have a calling of exhortation because I always see that in you through your posts. And even though I am not in your presence physically I can still feel the spirit of peace from your words.
Oh wow. I've never been told this. I suppose a big thank you is in order here H2S ♥ Hmmm...how interesting and kind that you should say this! I will continue to be encouraging as I can so, if this IS a gift of God...I don't want to let it go by the wayside! Thank you ♥

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh wow. I've never been told this. I suppose a big thank you is in order here H2S ♥ Hmmm...how interesting and kind that you should say this! I will continue to be encouraging as I can so, if this IS a gift of God...I don't want to let it go by the wayside! Thank you ♥
As you can see from many posts on this forum you are a breath of fresh air. And the body of Christ needs this gift operating more than ever. Don't thank me...lol. Thank God, He is the one who called and equipped you! For His Glory! Amen!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the bad part about people claiming to speak for the Holy Spirit. They believe their thoughts carry equal or more authority then God's word, because they are basically claiming to be God's voice. Slippery slope.....

The same Holy Spirit that dwells in Patty, dwells in us too. I don't believe she is claiming anything. I agree with what she said.

Exhortation is definitely a spiritual gift, and you have it! Romans 12 has a good list of all the spiritual gifts. And thank you for the kind words, Nancy.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since we have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, each of us is to exercise them accordingly: if prophecy, according to the proportion of his faith; if service, in his serving; or he who teaches, in his teaching; or he who exhorts, in his exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness. Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor; not lagging behind in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, persevering in tribulation, devoted to prayer, contributing to the needs of the saints, practicing hospitality. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. Be of the same mind toward one another; do not be haughty in mind, but associate with the lowly. Do not be wise in your own estimation. Never pay back evil for evil to anyone. Respect what is right in the sight of all men. If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men.
ROMANS 12:6‭-‬18 NASB

I see many of these qualities in people here. There may be a lot of negativity, but those like Chris, Patty, Nancy, By Grace, Pearl, Farouk...yall keep me coming back. :) Thank you all for letting God use You all.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since we have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, each of us is to exercise them accordingly: if prophecy, according to the proportion of his faith; if service, in his serving; or he who teaches, in his teaching; or he who exhorts, in his exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness. Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor; not lagging behind in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, persevering in tribulation, devoted to prayer, contributing to the needs of the saints, practicing hospitality. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. Be of the same mind toward one another; do not be haughty in mind, but associate with the lowly. Do not be wise in your own estimation. Never pay back evil for evil to anyone. Respect what is right in the sight of all men. If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men.

I see many of these qualities in people here. There may be a lot of negativity, but those like Chris, Patty, Nancy, By Grace, Pearl, Farouk...yall keep me coming back. :) Thank you all for letting God use You all.
Excellent scripture! You are a blessing as well and you already know your gifts!:)

Reactions: Mayflower and Nancy

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The same Holy Spirit that dwells in Patty, dwells in us too. I don't believe she is claiming anything. I agree with what she said.

Thank you Mayflower, I think the enemy has discouraged too many people here from sharing their testimony and from operating in their gifts. Even I quit, but it was the wrong thing to do because it has given power to the enemy to come here and spread his false teachings. We must be bold and continue to be obedient to the Holy Spirit at times.

Reactions: Nancy and Mayflower

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Exhortation is definitely a spiritual gift, and you have it! Romans 12 has a good list of all the spiritual gifts. And thank you for the kind words, Nancy.

You guys are gonna make me cry! Seems to me that YOU all lift me up way more than I think I lift others! ♥♥♥♥♥

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Awesome scripture and how wonderful it will be when we are all walking like that, all the time ♥ We hold each other up as we are instructed to do, and it has become a pleasure for me to do. My best friend, who has dementia and is FINALLY in an awesome assisted living facility where, she does not even bring in enough money to afford this place, but my prayers for her have been answered to a TEE!!! She is in a wonderful place and, when I go to see her, if she is upset (which does not take allot, lol..she is and has always been highly emotional) so, when she is upset all that has to be done is take her hands in yours and start to pray...it turns her tears of sorrow into tears of joy immediately!!!! She has always been such a strong prayer warrior and an awesome edifier. She might not remember many things, and even when I pray with her, she sometimes forgets what we were initially praying about and starts on something different, lol...but it matters not at all...she is connecting with God. I just pray that God, despite my friends warped brain, will always keep in the forefront of her mind the remembrance of her first Love ♥

Acolyte

Oct 7, 2018
Midwest/usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@aspen First , I really like your new avatar.:) Second, you have alot of very good threads, but, almost always in the debate forum. :( I usually don't even read them, because I can't find the Good News when people argue.

Great thead, thank you.

Blessings!

Reactions: aspen and Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Awesome scripture and how wonderful it will be when we are all walking like that, all the time ♥ We hold each other up as we are instructed to do, and it has become a pleasure for me to do. My best friend, who has dementia and is FINALLY in an awesome assisted living facility where, she does not even bring in enough money to afford this place, but my prayers for her have been answered to a TEE!!! She is in a wonderful place and, when I go to see her, if she is upset (which does not take allot, lol..she is and has always been highly emotional) so, when she is upset all that has to be done is take her hands in yours and start to pray...it turns her tears of sorrow into tears of joy immediately!!!! She has always been such a strong prayer warrior and an awesome edifier. She might not remember many things, and even when I pray with her, she sometimes forgets what we were initially praying about and starts on something different, lol...but it matters not at all...she is connecting with God. I just pray that God, despite my friends warped brain, will always keep in the forefront of her mind the remembrance of her first Love
Certainly give God the glory for this!