Good News?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you suggesting it is not a problem for women? In general emotions come to fore when women communicate.
Without a doubt women at times have different problems than men, but I was speaking as I sure you were aware in general sense of the word "men" meaning "humanity" which would include both genders.

However, I agree that clarity in communication is a problem for many.
Easily traced back in scripture to the trouble encountered at the tower of Babel, but likely in existence before that.
That could be because schools are not teaching this as an essential skill, and texting is simply making things worse. People constantly glued to their iPhones indicates that those devices are more important than direct face-to-face communication. And almost everyone has acquired this bad habit.
When this old man was in school the 3Rs [for those of more recent history this refers to Readin', Ritin' and Rithmetic'] were strongly emphasized but even then many did not finish as well versed in the basics as was needed. Now the technological advances have made the gap appear to be even wider for while the devices have greatly improved men and women remain as unadvanced as ever.

So now people are fooling around with their iPhones during worship (not to mention bringing donuts and coffee with them).
I knew a minister who was particularly bad about that especially when another minister was speaking.

Reactions: Enoch111

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
um so....where’s the Good News?

This board is filled with bad news....you can’t miss it!

Are you one of the elect? Is your doctrine correct enough to save you? Is the rapture going to leave you behind? Do you belong to a cult? Are the foundational doctrinal beliefs of Christianity wrong?! Are we smarter and more doctrinally literate than the apostolic Fathers? Do we need to continually redo the way we do church so that we can imitate the early church? Is your church too big? Is your church too small? Is church simply evil?

It goes on and on.

So where’s the Good News? How are we any different than the BS found in the secular news? Psychopathy, antisocial comments, general negativity, fatalism, moral compromise.....

Love God.
Love your neighbor as yourself.

This is the simple gospel that has been transforming souls since the Garden. Everything else is straw......
I was just sharing this morning what the Holy Spirit was speaking to my heart about....He is tired of endless debates over His Word, He desires our testimonies of what He has done in our lives that it might Glorify Him and bring hope and faith to those who hear it.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the bad part about people claiming to speak for the Holy Spirit. They believe their thoughts carry equal or more authority then God's word, because they are basically claiming to be God's voice. Slippery slope.....

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is the bad part about people claiming to speak for the Holy Spirit. They believe their thoughts carry equal or more authority then God's word, because they are basically claiming to be God's voice. Slippery slope.....

I am still reading all of your posts to find just ONE positive thing that you have said on this forum since you joined. Just one.

You have never shared what God means to you..or one thing that He has done in your life . The bible tells us to give thanks in all things...I have never seen yet a post where you share how blessed you are in God.

Every post of yours is doom and gloom, and correction of others.

Just be sure that while you walk checking out everything that everyone else believes, like the forum policeman ( we actually have Moderators) just be sure you don't trip over your own feet while your eyes are busily on your brothers walk, ... and it seems ( by the content of your posts ) that your eyes can never on GOD Himself...because you never say one good or encouraging thing to help anyone else along in this journey.

If we are all so wrong , then why don't you care enough for our well being, to start threads teaching us how to walk as you walk?

We are listening. :)

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am still reading all of your posts to find just ONE positive thing that you have said on this forum since you joined. Just one.

You have never shared what God means to you..or one thing that He has done in your life . The bible tells us to give thanks in all things...I have never seen yet a post where you share how blessed you are in God.

Just be sure that while you walk checking out everything that everyone else believes like the forum policeman ( we actually have Moderators) be sure you don't trip over your own feet while your eyes are on your brothers walk , and it seems ( by the content of your posts ) your eyes are never on GOD...because you never say one good or encouraging thing.

If we are all so wrong , then why don't you care enough for our well being, to start threads teaching us how to walk as you walk?

Remind me to stay on your good side! Lol
That was a hard right to the cheek and a swift left uppercut to the jaw....KO!
Well said Helen!

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just be sure that while you walk checking out everything that everyone else believes, like the forum policeman ( we actually have Moderators) just be sure you don't trip over your own feet while your eyes are busily on your brothers walk, ... and it seems ( by the content of your posts ) that your eyes can never on GOD Himself...because you never say one good or encouraging thing to help anyone else along in this journey.
:) Doing your malicious back stabbing slanderous attack on me now are you ? @ByGrace
The way you lead a campaign for weeks against CoreIssue was quite telling.
It's the definition of hypocrisy since you lash out negatively at others whom you disagree with.
If you can't find anything positive in my posts perhaps that's because of the negativity is inside-- you.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Remind me to stay on your good side! Lol
That was a hard right to the cheek and a swift left uppercut to the jaw....KO!
Well said Helen!

That was not what my post was intended to be...
I was somewhat tired of the usual half dozen guys on here that seem to want to do nothing but tell us all how wrong we are, yet they do not put up new Threads to teach all us no hopers, the 'right' way to walk and believe, which, by their posts, is 'their' way.

It is fruitless with the constant- " that is wrong, you are wrong"...yet how does that teach anyone anything which is 'correct' ?

Someone who really cared would take the weaker by the hand and lead them to higher ground.

I do not see that happening here ...all I see is the constant - 'thats not right, you are wrong' from the same people daily.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
:) Doing your malicious back stabbing slanderous attack on me now are you ? @ByGrace
The way you lead a campaign for weeks against CoreIssue was quite telling.
It's the definition of hypocrisy since you lash out negatively at others whom you disagree with.
If you can't find anything positive in my posts perhaps that's because of the negativity is inside-- you.

Whatever you say...after all, you are the boss. I will take your kind words to heart :)

Looking forward to some good threads from you, teaching us all the correct way to believe ;)

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is telling is those who like to say they are prophets or who claim are speaking as the Holy Spirit --well, don't question their spiritual views, & or spiritual authority, don't present scripture that contradicts their personal declarations. They will get offended, angry and then will slander, shun & will try to run you out of town. :rolleyes:
Cults & cliches are like that, Christianity isn't.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That was not what my post was intended to be...
I was somewhat tired of the usual half dozen guys on here that seem to want to do nothing but tell us all how wrong we are, yet they do not put up news Threads to teach all us no hopers, the 'right' way to walk and believe, which, by their posts, is 'their' way.

It is fruitless with the constant- " that is wrong, you are wrong"...yet how does that teach anyone anything which is 'correct' ?

Someone who really cared would take the weaker by the hand and lead them to higher ground.

I do not see that happening here ...all I see is the constant - 'thats not right, you are wrong' from the same people daily.

Hope that helps.

It's what they want us to stop doing...to stop building up the brethren being built up in the inner man. Whenever I write to that effect...I get a lot of opposition as you may have noticed.

When Nehemiah was building and repairing the walls of Jerusalem..there were instigators like Sanballat and Tobiah who sought to obstruct what they were doing.

So history just repeats itself over and over again.

While these profess to be wise they are simply filling in a spiritual vacuum...that of being against what God is doing. Thinking that they are serving God in doing so. (Although that is quite a stretch)

I think that is why we need to know ourselves. Otherwise we become unwitting pawns of the evil one for his purpose.

So I'm not against these posters that attack me and others. They need deliverance. And to humble themselves.

Reactions: faithfulness

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whatever you say...after all, you are the boss. I will take your kind words to heart :)

Looking forward to some good threads from you, teaching us all the correct way to believe ;)
You are unreal.
All I did was quote Jesus and that Jesus did not call Jezebel a religious spirit, so you've been following my posts as you claimed.
What spirit is it in you that gets so angry? & must insult and slander?
Funny how the accusation & insults comes from your side. Could it be this is Jezebel reacting? According to the bible she is about control & dominance.....
;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is telling is those who like to say they are prophets or who claim are speaking as the Holy Spirit --well, don't question their spiritual views, & or spiritual authority, don't present scripture that contradicts their personal declarations. They will get offended, angry and then will slander, shun & will try to run you out of town. :rolleyes:

You are describing your own ways. Why can't you try looking at yourself? Most people here see what you are doing...even if you can't. Only people with the same prejudices and errors could agree with anything you say.

Look at who is with you...and look more carefully at they who you seek to attack and slander.

Look more closely.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are unreal.
All I did was quote Jesus and that Jesus did not call Jezebel a religious spirit.
Funny how the accusation & insults comes from your side. Could it be this is Jezebel reacting? She about control & dominance.....
;)

Helen is like a mother to us here, an elder to this forum. Your lack of respect, grace and love only show us all what you are doing here.

Your slip is showing!

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Indeed they are, no disagreement there.

A spiritual leader cannot be one , (because unless he has a following, he looks over his shoulder and he has no one there to lead!)

The self proclaimed prophets and self proclaimed apostles, and self proclaimed pastors come to that...but unless anyone is saying amen and listing ...they have no following. Not true spirit filled followers....yet they will always have those who follow , seeking the loaves and fishes only, as Jesus said.

When it is a true leader /shepherd, his voice will be heard, for "My sheep know My voice "

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are unreal.
All I did was quote Jesus and that Jesus did not call Jezebel a religious spirit, so you've been following my posts as you claimed.
Funny how the accusation & insults comes from your side. Could it be this is Jezebel reacting? According to the bible she is about control & dominance.....
;)

Who on earth said I was angry. Im not angry one bit. Come over for coffee and see. I am very calm.

Interesting that you should say that. We had a discussion a few weeks back...or maybe months now and about Jezebel. She was indeed an evil person.

But when we look at her in scripture we can't actually find anything on the buzz word teaching about a "Jezebel spirit". Some guy a few decades ago started a thing about Jezebel spirits in the church ( both in male and female) and then, lo and behold the phrase 'Jezebel spirit' was coined. Like every one else, we just took it for bible and presumed that it was a bible thing.

Take care...H

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
low and behold the phrase 'Jezebel spirit' was coined.
I agree it was "low" but I would have said "lo and behold".;)

Anyway, you are perfectly correct and I agree with your assessment of this "Jezebel spirit" business. Both the Jezebel's were very wicked women, controlled by Satan and probably by demons.

Reactions: Helen

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who on earth said I was angry. Im not angry one bit. Come over for coffee and see. I am very calm.

Interesting that you should say that. We had a discussion a few weeks back...or maybe months now and about Jezebel. She was indeed an evil person.
But when we look at her in scripture we can't actually find anything on the buzz word teaching about a "Jezebel spirit". Some guy a few decades ago started a thing about Jezebel spirits in the church ( both in male and female) and then, low and behold the phrase 'Jezebel spirit' was coined. Like every one else, we just took it for bible and presumed that it was a bible thing. Take care...H
We saw in the Bible that Jezebel spirit is very sly, controlling and manipulative. She wanted spiritual power , control and if she saw any that didn't submit to her spiritual authority, they were her enemy.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We saw in the Bible that Jezebel spirit is very sly, controlling and manipulative. She wanted spiritual power , control and if she saw any that didn't submit to her spiritual authority, they were her enemy.

Oh yes I agree.

Haman in Esther, was also a very evil man, who tried ( as Hitler) to destroy all Jews.
But I never heard of a- "Haman spirit" being preached...
I think the 1980's was a decade of Christian buzz-phrases being coined.
They were fun years, and it it made for "good preaching", or as my husband says- "Elastic preaching". Colourful.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I agree it was "low" but I would have said "lo and behold".;)

Anyway, you are perfectly correct and I agree with your assessment of this "Jezebel spirit" business. Both the Jezebel's were very wicked women, controlled by Satan and probably by demons.

Hahaha!!
Thank you. You have not mentioned any blips for a long time.
Am I not making as many, or are you to bored to draw my attention to them?
I would guess the latter... :)

They always give me a good chuckle when you catch them.
I will correct it now. :)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@tzcho2.....you are totally of the rail with what is being said about referring to a "jezebel" as the same as a Jezebel spirit...meaning they exhibit the same traits of the evil spirit that controlled Jezebel in the old testament....it is a "kind or type" of spirit....it was given the name a Jezebel spirit because of the ways it manifested itself through those it was attached to.
Here is a list with scripture reference to different evil spirits in the bible...and Jezebel contained more than one of them....again another reason for simplifying the evil spirits that controlled her was to call it a Jezebel Spirit....
Spirit of heaviness (Isaiah 61:3 and Proverbs 16:2)

Spirit of bondage
(Romans 11:15)

Wounded spirit (Proverbs 18:14)

Evil spirit
(1 Samuel 16:14)

Unclean spirit (Matt. 12:43, Zech. 13:2, Mark 5:2-20)

Spirit of slumber (Romans 11:8)

Spirit of deep sleep (Isaiah 29:10)

Spirit of your mind (Eph.4:23)

Spirit of anti-Christ
(1 John 4:3)

Spirit of error (1 John 4:6)

Hasty spirit (Prov. 14:29)

Broken spirit (Prov. 15:13, Prov. 17:22)

Haughty spirit (Prov. 16:13)

Spirit of disobedience (Eph. 2:2)

Spirit of fear (2 Timothy 1:7)

Lying spirit (1 Kings 22:21-23 sent to 4oo prophets in verse 6.)
(Imagine that...ONE lying spirit caused 400 prophets to lie!)

Spirit of whoredoms (Hosea 4:12)

Spirit of divination (Acts 16:16)

Spirit of infirmity (Luke 13:10-17)

Seducing Spirit (1 Timothy 4:1)