Grace without works is dead

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
Not true^
Some people confuse and complex the grace of God as if it were of works, but it is Gods unmeritable favor, the law is dead we now live unto Christ.
'Faith without works is dead' ..not grace.
devon

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Not true^
Some people confuse and complex the grace of God as if it were of works, but it is Gods unmeritable favor, the law is dead we now live unto Christ.
'Faith without works is dead' ..not grace.
devon

Good point Disciple, something else that many confuse is who's faith and works are referenced?

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
Faith without works is pretty simple, the holy Spirit could be using this to tell one of us to put a little effort towards acheiving what were praying for or the Spirit could be saying that without works of righteousness (i.e; good deeds, obedient, thankful, ect.) then our faith is dead.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith without works = private, internalized false hope = self-indulgent wishful thinking

Works without faith = external, legalism = self-reliant, slavery

Faith + Works = internal hope, external service = Love = sanctification (becoming one who loves) = salvation

Love cannot exist without Faith + Work, therefore salvation cannot exist without faith + works.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
I would say my actions represent my faith... like if I watched the weather man in the morning and he said it was going to rain... if I grabbed my umbrella on the way out the door I guess my actions would prove I had faith in the weatherman's predictions...

When I love my neighbor's I guess that's proof that I have faith in what Jesus commanded me...

But I also agree with jiggyfly... we're saved because of God's works not our own...

I also agree with Devon... God's grace is a gift... it can't be earned... only received or rejected...

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say my actions represent my faith... like if I watched the weather man in the morning and he said it was going to rain... if I grabbed my umbrella on the way out the door I guess my actions would prove I had faith in the weatherman's predictions...

When I love my neighbor's I guess that's proof that I have faith in what Jesus commanded me...

But I also agree with jiggyfly... we're saved because of God's works not our own...

I also agree with Devon... God's grace is a gift... it can't be earned... only received or rejected...

Our very being is because of God's grace. However, a relationship with 2 or more people requires mutual participation or it it not a relationship. Our sanctification is provided for us by Christ / HS, but we have to participate by practicing our sanctification though loving our neighbor and devotion / adoration / listening / responding to God. Dividing faith and works and determining which one comes first is like a chicken and egg exercise. Without our participation, the fruit dies on the vine and we are pruned away with unredeemed hearts.

This does not mean that we are saving ourselves due to our participate - an analogy might be a young child buying a present for her mother. The father gives the child money, drives her to the store, helps her pick the present, counts the money and pays for the gift and helps her wrap it. When the mother opens the present it is special because of the child's participation - even though it is clear that she was not responsible for the gift.