What it means to be born again

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter described it in his first sermon at Pentecost. He told his listeners, "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit" (Acts 2:38). Being forgiven of sins and receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit is being born again. Being born again is to be saved. The person dead in his trespasses and sins cannot see (or enter) the kingdom of God. Only in having been forgiven and having received the gift of the Holy Spirit can one see the kingdom of God.

Mar 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Clearly whoever is saved will see (enter) the kingdom of God.

Joh 5:24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.
Joh 5:25 "Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.

One who was dead but hears and lives has been born again.

Eph 2:1 And you were dead in the trespasses and sins
Eph 2:2 in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience--
Eph 2:3 among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.
Eph 2:4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us,
Eph 2:5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ--by grace you have been saved--

Eph 2:6 and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,

Those who were dead in trespasses and sins who are made alive have been born again.

Col 2:11 In him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ,
Col 2:12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead.

Col 2:13 And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses,

Those who were dead in trespasses and whom God made alive have been born again. Verse 12 says that happens through faith in God.

That is what Paul said again in Galatians: Gal 3:26 for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith. Sons of God clearly see and have entered the kingdom of God. That happens through faith, i.e., through believing in God. Faith in God is believing in God. Faith in God is one and the same as believing in God.

TO BE BORN AGAIN IS TO BE FORGIVEN AND TO BE GIVEN THE GIFT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT; TO BE BORN AGAIN IS TO BE SAVED.

Reactions: DJT_47 and Pearl

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus said we are Born Again like the wind, Spirit gives birth to spirit....a Born Again is Born Again of imperishable seed....I don’t need google to know what that means as the Living word of God is Alive and Active...his word never comes back void, it accomplishes what is pleasing to him.

Gods word is Alive in Spirit and truth...he testifies with our spirit that we are children of God/ Born Again by the Living word of God..

We are Born Again and saved from eternal damnation at the same time, we have been forgiven of our sins and are in right standing with God, the Holy Spirit lives in the heart of his child...they are now in the Kingdom of God, which can’t be seen with the naked eye...because we have been Born Again of imperishable seed, which is the Holy Spirit....we know in our hearts, that we are in the world, but, we are not of the world.

Ephesians 1:5​

“Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

John 17:16-26​

King James Version​

16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.
25 O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.
26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

..we have been adopted into God’s family, by his Spirit....we are in his spiritual realm and a Born Again is led by the Holy Spirit, for God’s purpose and plan...a Born Again glorifies the Father through the Spirit of truth who indwells our heart/ spirit.

1 John 3:9 KJV​

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

KJV: King James Version

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but YE HAVE RECEIVED THE SPIRIT OF ADOPTION, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together . . . For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, WAITING FOR THE ADOPTION, to wit, the redemption of our body."
Romans 8:15-17, 22-23, KJV

John 1:12

12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God

John 3

King James Version​

3 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Romans 8​

King James Version​

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being born again is simple

We are (were) dead in trespasses and sin. Being born again means to be made alive in righteousness.

Jesus tells us how in John 3. Believe (trust) God that he will save you by looking to the cross. As the people of Israel trusted God and looked to the serpent Moses hung on a pole

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and Pearl

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being born again is simple

We are (were) dead in trespasses and sin. Being born again means to be made alive in righteousness.

Jesus tells us how in John 3. Believe (trust) God that he will save you by looking to the cross. As the people of Israel trusted God and looked to the serpent Moses hung on a pole
John also says "whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him"(ESV)(3:36). It behooves each to know what it means to obey the Son. I suspect that too few actually have considered that.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John also says "whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him"(ESV)(3:36). It behooves each to know what it means to obey the Son. I suspect that too few actually have considered that.
35 The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into His hand. 36 He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
35 The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into His hand. 36 He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”
You have given the KJV translation for verse 36. Some other English versions say much the same. However, it is important to understand that the first "believes" in that verse is translated from the Greek word πιστεύω [pisteuō] and is the usual Greek word used when speaking of believing in God or believing in Jesus; the second believe in that verse is translated from the Greek word ἀπειθέω [apeitheō]. That is not the word typically used when speaking of believing in God or believing in Jesus. I don't think that is happenstance. The meaning from Strong's dictionary is "to disbelieve (wilfully and perversely): - not believe, disobedient, obey not, unbelieving". Most of the modern (and I believe the better) translations use the interpretation of disobey or does not obey. The NIV, not my favorite English translation, has "rejects the Son". Clearly it carries a meaning of more than simply not believing.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have given the KJV translation. Some other English versions say much the same. However, it is important to understand that the first "believes" in that verse is translated from the Greek word πιστεύω [pisteuō] and is the usual Greek word used when speaking of believing in God or believing in Jesus; the second believe in that verse is translated from the Greek word ἀπειθέω [apeitheō]. That is not the word typically used when speaking of believing in God or believing in Jesus. I don't think that is happenstance. The meaning from Strong's dictionary is "to disbelieve (wilfully and perversely): - not believe, disobedient, obey not, unbelieving". Most of the modern (and I believe the better) translations use the interpretation of disobey or does not obey. The NIV, not my favorite English translation, has "rejects the Son". Clearly it carries a meaning of more than simply not believing.
Those who do not believe live in sin

Those who believe are born again and made into a new creature that does not live in sin

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who do not believe live in sin

Those who believe are born again and made into a new creature that does not live in sin
I certainly agree with that.

However, what I was trying to point out is what being made into that new creature really means. It means to be saved. It means to have sins forgiven and be given the gift, the indwelling, of the Holy Spirit. It does not mean, as some believe, that being born again means that one is now ready to believe, to have faith. It is faith which leads one to repent and seek forgiveness of his sins. It is by the grace of God through that faith that one is saved by having sins forgiven and being given the gift of the Holy Spirit. That is what it means to be born again, to be regenerated.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I certainly agree with that.

However, what I was trying to point out is what being made into that new creature really means. It means to be saved. It means to have sins forgiven and be given the gift, the indwelling, of the Holy Spirit. It does not mean, as some believe, that being born again means that one is now ready to believe, to have faith. It is faith which leads one to repent and seek forgiveness of his sins. It is by the grace of God through that faith that one is saved by having sins forgiven and being given the gift of the Holy Spirit. That is what it means to be born again, to be regenerated.
Your right fatalism is in error

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter described it in his first sermon at Pentecost. He told his listeners, "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit" (Acts 2:38). Being forgiven of sins and receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit is being born again. Being born again is to be saved. The person dead in his trespasses and sins cannot see (or enter) the kingdom of God. Only in having been forgiven and having received the gift of the Holy Spirit can one see the kingdom of God.

Mar 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Clearly whoever is saved will see (enter) the kingdom of God.

Joh 5:24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.
Joh 5:25 "Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.

One who was dead but hears and lives has been born again.

Eph 2:1 And you were dead in the trespasses and sins
Eph 2:2 in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience--
Eph 2:3 among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.
Eph 2:4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us,
Eph 2:5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ--by grace you have been saved--

Eph 2:6 and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,

Those who were dead in trespasses and sins who are made alive have been born again.

Col 2:11 In him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ,
Col 2:12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead.

Col 2:13 And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses,

Those who were dead in trespasses and whom God made alive have been born again. Verse 12 says that happens through faith in God.

That is what Paul said again in Galatians: Gal 3:26 for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith. Sons of God clearly see and have entered the kingdom of God. That happens through faith, i.e., through believing in God. Faith in God is believing in God. Faith in God is one and the same as believing in God.

TO BE BORN AGAIN IS TO BE FORGIVEN AND TO BE GIVEN THE GIFT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT; TO BE BORN AGAIN IS TO BE SAVED.
I don't remember the phrase "born again" being used when I was growing up, though I wasn't paying much attention. When I first became active on a Christian forum website, I heard that expression all the time. For me, being born again means becoming aware of the Lord for the first time.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't remember the phrase "born again" being used when I was growing up, though I wasn't paying much attention. When I first became active on a Christian forum website, I heard that expression all the time. For me, being born again means becoming aware of the Lord for the first time.
The phrase, "born again" is another term for regeneration. So even though the term or the word "regenerated" only appears twice in the NT and only one of those concerns soteriology, it is a word heavily used in the discussions of soteriology. It is one of the acts of God in His saving an individual. It does not mean becoming aware of the Lord for the first time.

The concept of “born again” is identical to the concept of personal regeneration as it occurs in Titus 3:5. The Greek expressions are practically equivalent in meaning. This new birth or regeneration is the change that takes place in the sinner’s inner nature during his conversion. Here I am using the term conversion to mean that point in time when one is changed from a lost sinner to a saint, a member of the body of Christ. Born again, or regeneration, is one of the two main aspects of the “double cure” that God offers to the sin-sick. The first aspect is justification or forgiveness, which changes our objective relationship to God and His law by removing the guilt and penalty of our sins. This second aspect addresses the fact that sin has corrupted our hearts and souls with an inner depravity; it has infected our spirits with weakness and sickness and even spiritual death (Eph. 2:1,5). Regeneration is the point when this negative state of our souls is reversed. It is a new creation (II Cor. 5:17) when we are inwardly renewed (Titus 3:5). It is a resurrection from death to new life (Eph. 2:5-6), new life in the kingdom of God’s beloved Son (Col. 1:13).

Such a momentous act as new birth or regeneration cannot be accomplished by our own efforts; it is an act of God Himself upon the soul. God’s prophetic word through Ezekiel makes it very clear that He alone is the author of this work: “Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh” (Ezek. 36:26). Specifically it is the work of the Holy Spirit, as the next words of Ezekiel’s prophecy indicate: “And I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes” (Ezek. 36:27). In the words of John 3:5, we are “born of the Spirit.” Paul calls it the “regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit” (Titus 3:5).

It, being born again or being regenerated occurs at the exact same time as that when God forgives the sins of the penitent believer, the act which I referred to above as justification. The two together constitute God's act of salvation. Actually, there is a third act of God in His saving of believer, namely initial sanctification; but I won't bother to get into that.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
John 3
Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.” Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It does not mean becoming aware of the Lord for the first time.
Disagree....I was not aware that God existed, not until I became Born Again

So,please don’t speak for others that you have no knowledge of.

On saying that , I had a very strange encounter when I had an emergency surgery, I was haemorrhaging ...when under anaesthetic..I was going down a tunnel, there were black figures either side of me...with high pitched voices, I can remember them saying to each other..it’s not time, it’s not time....that was the only time that I believed from my own human understanding.....and I have always believed that God kept me from dying...even though I never knew him like I do now..in the Spirit.

I have never forgotten that encounter.....I was given birth to my son at the time...the doctor told me we were both lucky to me Alive...they also advised me never to have any more children...thankfully that was my third child and never had any more,

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In town one day I was approached by a young woman wearing a badge proclaiming her to be a member of the church of Jesus Christ and Latter-day Saints - i.e. a Mormon. I told her I belonged to the Church of Jesus Christ by which she thought I meant I was a Mormon too. After I'd explained she asked if I'd always believed in Jesus, and I told her I had but that it had only been for the last forty years that I had been a Christian.

Believing in God and knowing about Jesus is not the same as knowing him in a personal way. It's when we come to know him that we become Christians. I asked was she born again which caused a bit of confusion as at first she said no and then changed her answer to yes. I then told her that unless she was born again and had the Holy Spirit working in her she was wasting her time and that the Church of Jesus Christ encompassed all those who had been born again and wasn't the sole preserve of any particular denomination.

All my life I'd always thought I was a Christian as I went to Sunday school and church but it wasn't until I was 35 that I was given a booklet which pointed out that in order to become a true Christian there were certain steps I need to take.

As soon as I read it I KNEW with absolute certainty that what it said was right. There was nobody preaching to me, there was no bible involved but it was as if I'd woken up and opened my eyes and saw the truth clearly for the first time.

God had put the faith in me to believe, it wasn't something I had to work up in myself; one minute I didn't have that faith and the next I did.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born Again (the exact words)
are only mentioned 3 times in
the King James Version. John 3:3;3:7 and I Peter 1:23.
However, there are many phrases that mean the same thing!

The name the Bible gives for this experience is regeneration or "quickening" ,the noun "regeneration" occurs only twice in the Bible (Titus 3:5, Mt. 19:28).

1 Peter 1:3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy, he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead".

These terms are just words.
IT IS THE EXPERIENCE OF HAVING FAITH TO BELIEVE JESUS IS OUR SALVATION THAT IS OF....... UP MOST IMPORTANCE !

Romans 10:17
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing BY THE WORD OF GOD.

• Haha
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Born Again means exactly what God’s word says it means...so, please don’t add your own words to what “ you” believe Gods word to be saying...that’s why people get confused.

Faith is also a gift from God...it is a manifestation of the Spirit.

I have heard testimonies of faith that can move mountains...God given faith just keeps on growing and growing.....

1 Corinthians 12:7-11 KJV​

But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; to another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; to another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: but all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

John 3​

King James Version​

3 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A Born Again also continues to grow in Faith and Love.

They also grow in the fruit of the Spirit..".its not our fruit that we bear, it’s the fruit of the Holy Spirit.

2 The Fruit of the Spirit: Galatians 5:22-26​

Paul’s point in these verses is to emphasize the attributes that should be evident in a Christian if the Holy Spirit dwells within someone’s heart, as opposed to those attributes that are evident in an person who is not born from above.

Fruit is produced by the Lord Jesus using the Spirit of God in our lives. He wants to live His life through us. That is the reason I keep saying that you are not asked to live the Christian life. You are asked to let Him live through you

Matthew 7:16-20

King James Version

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Galatians 5:22-23​

King James Version​

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Last edited: