grateful

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

E Nomine

Aug 18, 2007
It's my life or theirs. I'm sure God understands if I prefer my life, no matter how bad, over theirs. And yes, I do believe God would want me to kill those who have intent to kill other christians.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Joyful, since you don't believe Yahshua as God (second peron of the Godhead) I want to understand more about your beliefs.If you only believe YHWH as God and not Yahshua and the Holy Ghost, doesn't make Yahshua a mere human who sin?Lovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
God = Jesus = Holy Spirit.Oh no! I just posted a message just like Tim D:

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
You do realize Wakka that Yahshua can not be YHWH. Although it's interesting to think that the Godhead is like water.When you put water in the freezer, it becomes ice, when you heat water overtime it vapours away, and no this was not my thought it was Amy's thoughts over at Yahoo and I never thought of it that way......so no matter what forrm it is in, it's still water. And it is the same way the Godhead is. No matter what form He is in, He is still God.Lovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.

E Nomine

Aug 18, 2007
Excpet water cannot be all three at once.God is The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit at once. Three person, three distict jobs, one God.God the Father is the Creator and Distroyer, God the Son is who died for our Salvation, God the Spirit is the one who opens the eyes, hears, and hearts of the lost and keeps Christians on the path of righteousness.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
(thesuperjag;17994)
Joyful, since you don't believe Yahshua as God (second peron of the Godhead) I want to understand more about your beliefs.If you only believe YHWH as God and not Yahshua and the Holy Ghost, doesn't make Yahshua a mere human who sin?Lovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.
Trinity is another deception of catholics and most protestants are following them.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
That's true E Nomine. Cause it reminds me when Yahshua told John that He needed to be baptized, the Holy Ghost came down and YHWH said This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.Matthew 3:13 - Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him. But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me? And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.Lovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
(thesuperjag;17994)
Joyful, since you don't believe Yahshua as God (second peron of the Godhead) I want to understand more about your beliefs.If you only believe YHWH as God and not Yahshua and the Holy Ghost, doesn't make Yahshua a mere human who sin?
Jesus could sin but He is so faithful that He was loyal to His Father until He died on the cross. Now He is Spirit being and being God's right hand.

For Life

Feb 24, 2007
Trinity is another deception of catholics and most protestants are following them.
Why would you say this? Please expound.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are three different being. One isn't more powerful than the other. Just like how our 3 branches of Government are set up. But they are all from the same being. I know, it sounds paradoxical, but it's that way. And we call it the Trinity.3 = 1

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
(For Life;18019)
Why would you say this? Please expound.
Trinity is out of the context of the whole Bible. Jesus says clearly that His Father is greater than He. Jesus never claimed Himself that He is God. Now I would not go into the Trinity debate. I have heard plenty of their twisted interpretation.The Catholics have tons of fairy tale like theology and trinity is just another one of those.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
That's the problem I have as being Yahshua not God.1. He was there in the beginning (Genesis 1:1, John 1:1-3)2. All humans had sinned. (Romans 3:23) 3. All humans are liars. (Psalm 116:11)4. Man loves darkness rather than light (John 3:19) And in Him was no darkness (I John 1:3-5)5. And if Yahshua was not God but human, why did He say these words? (John 14:6, Revelation 1:8)6. Why is God three in one? (John 10:30, I John 5:7)7. Why was Yahshua made flesh, yet it said that it was God manifest in the flesh? (John 1:14, I Timothy 3:16)8. Why did Yahshua say "I AM" (John 8:58)9. Why did Thomas called Yahshua, my Lord and my God? (John 20:28)Lovest thou in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
(thesuperjag;18023)
That's the problem I have as being Yahshua not God.1. He was there in the beginning (Genesis 1:1, John 1:1-3)
Jesus was with His Father when YHWH created everything.
2. All humans had sinned. (Romans 3:23)
Except Jesus.
3. All humans are liars. (Psalm 116:11)
Except Jesus.
4. Man loves darkness rather than light (John 3:19) And in Him was no darkness (I John 1:3-5)
Except Jesus.
5. And if Yahshua was not God but human, why did He say these words? (John 14:6, Revelation 1:8)
Because Jesus paid the penalty for our sins and without accepting and believing this fact there is not everlasting life.
6. Why is God three in one? (John 10:30, I John 5:7)
Jesus is perfectly in harmony with His Father in all His Father's mission.
7. Why was Yahshua made flesh, yet it said that it was God manifest in the flesh? (John 1:14, I Timothy 3:16)
Because Jesus accepted to pay the sacrifice for our sins. His Father's Spirit is in Jesus always. He is just perfect and loyal servant of His Father.
8. Why did Yahshua say "I AM" (John 8:58)
All Jesus is saying that Jesus was existed before Abraham.
9. Why did Thomas called Yahshua, my Lord and my God? (John 20:28)
this is a very poor and vague argument. This can easily be interpreted in many ways.

E Nomine

Aug 18, 2007
1. The word Trinity is not found in the Bible. Response: This has no bearing on whether or not the Bible teaches the doctrine. The word "monotheism" is not in the Bible yet the concept is clearly taught in scripture. 2. There is no verse in the Bible that teaches the Trinity. Response: Various verses teach that the Father is called God Phil. 1:2, the Son is called God (John 1:1,14), and the Holy Spirit is called God (Acts 5:3-4 ). There are verses that suggest the Trinity since they mention all three together: Matt. 3:16-17, Matt. 28:19, 2 Cor. 13:14, 3. The Trinity is three separate Gods. Response: The Trinity doctrine, by definition, is monotheistic. The Shema of the Old Testament (Deut. 6:4) is seen in the New Testament ("The Lord our God is one." Mark 12:29). The New Testament knows God as Father, as Son, and as Holy Spirit. 4. Three gods cannot be one God. Response: The Trinity is not three gods. The Trinity is one God in three persons. 5. Three persons cannot be one person. Response: The Doctrine of the Trinity does not state that God is one person. The Trinity is one God in three persons. 6. The Trinity is illogical. Response: There is no logical reason why the Trinity cannot be a possibility. An analogy would be time which is past, present, and future. Another example is a woman can be wife to her husband, daughter to her parents, mother to her children, sister to her siblings. 7. The Trinity is a pagan idea. Response: Other religions have included triads (three separate gods) in their theology. The Trinity is one God. There are many verses in the OT that contain plural references to the one God: 1) Gen. 1:1,26; Job 33:4; 2) Gen. 17:1; 18:1; Ex. 6:2-3; 24:9-11; 33:20; Num. 12:6-8; Psalm 104:30; 3) Gen. 19:24 with Amos 4:10-11; Is.48:16 8. Jesus cannot be God because He did not know all things, slept, grew in wisdom, said the Father is greater than I, etc. Response: This objection fails to take into consideration the Hypostatic Union which states that Jesus had two natures: divine and human. As a man, Jesus cooperated with the limitations of His humanity. Jesus would sleep, grow in wisdom, and say the Father was greater than He. These do not negate that Jesus was divine since they reference His humanity and not His divinity. 9. Jesus cannot be God because this would mean that God died and God can't die. Response: Jesus' sacrifice was divine, as well as human, in nature. Jesus died. But, we know that God cannot die. So, if the divine nature did not die, how can it be said that Jesus' sacrifice was divine in nature? The answer is that the attributes of divinity, as well as humanity, were ascribed to the person Jesus. Therefore, since the person of Jesus died, His death was of infinite value because the properties of divinity were ascribed to the person in His death. This is called the Communicatio Idiomatum.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Of course the word trinity is not in the bible. But the word Godhead is in there three times.Lovest thou in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.

E Nomine

Aug 18, 2007
I'm a Trinitiarian myself. My post was designed to have Joyful's heresy answered in a loveing way.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
Thank you Jag and E, you expressed your opinions and I just expressed mine. I would like to emphasize my question: how can you say that you can love your enemy by killing them; there is no enemy to love if you kill them. This is typical catholic mentality and you guys are following this kind of skewed logic.love, hitomi

faith

Jun 1, 2007
(E Nomine;17984)
The only time I refused His grace was when I worshiped Death and Chaos. I do not now and I will never again. I rependt daily for each sin that I knowingly commit and for those that I have no idea that I have done - aswell as those that I will commite.I joined the military because I felt called to do so just as He called David to kill Goliath. Just as he called David to kill all his sons save for Solomon. Just as God will kill all non-believers at the End of Days.I joined to defend my family, my country, my belifes, and my God from those who hate all of these things. I know you do not understand and I will not waste my time to explain it to you. I believe that if you refuse to hear then you will never do so.Take care, and if I sounded condecending I was. I was already in a bad mood and your opinions didn't help me any. Forgive me?
all which shows that you know nothing of me, i might surprise you.. in any case, forgiveness is freely given of our Lord, like a well-spring of living water...Jesus teaches to love our enemies & pray for those who persecute us, despise us & use us to their own ends.. in this, you have chosen your path which is between you & the most Holy.. you joined the military for reasons i hear time & time again from honest souls that feel within their heart that they must do these things, but if only they knew what god it is that your government currently serves, for it is not the God of the Holy Bible - far from it...i tell you the truth, know exactly what it is that lies in wait for you before diving blindly into the pit, for if you knew the truth of it then i wonder how many souls would drop what they're doing - right then & there - & walk away to repent.. this is another subject all together, so i won't linger here ~ point is this, beings like Joyful & myself can only point the way to our Lord's gate, it's up to you to cross it before the end comes & the rivers dry up..when good is glorified as evil & evil is glorified as good, that's not such a good thing ~ open your eyes & see the sin that exists in warfare, for there are many & to participate directly contradicts the word of Jesus Christ..but on a lighter note, hey Joyful ~ thanks, thanks for letting me know that love & all that word represents still exists in the hearts of those who choose to embrace it, for i tell you the truth ~ it is love, for our Lord, for our Father in heaven, for ourselves & for our friends & for our enemies that will inherit the kingdom of heaven..

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Actually faith. YHWH uses war for correction as God is a God of war as He is God of love.Exodus 15:3 - The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.Jeremiah 21:4 - Thus saith the LORD God of Israel; Behold, I will turn back the weapons of war that are in your hands, wherewith ye fight against the king of Babylon, and against the Chaldeans, which besiege you without the walls, and I will assemble them into the midst of this city.Lovest thou in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.(Joyful)
Thank you Jag and E, you expressed your opinions and I just expressed mine. I would like to emphasize my question: how can you say that you can love your enemy by killing them; there is no enemy to love if you kill them. This is typical catholic mentality and you guys are following this kind of skewed logic.love, hitomi
It is called tough love. Yes, it's not nice, but justice has to be done if we want to protect our family and friends. I'm not going to let go of common sense because Yahshua said this.Matthew 5:17-18 - Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
It is called tough love. Yes, it's not nice, but justice has to be done if we want to protect our family and driends. I'm not going to let go of common sense because Yahshua said this.
Jesus did not say it is ok to kill people for self defense or tough love. You are making it sound like you know better than Jesus and changing His teachings.

Status
Not open for further replies.