Greater works

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hope in God

May 29, 2019
TAMPA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am reminded of the promise of John 14:12 that says we will do "greater works" than Jesus. What is this meaning? That we are to do more miracles, more feeding of the hungry, more healings.....or is it that we will simply be used to do more things because there will be more of us?

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am reminded of the promise of John 14:12 that says we will do "greater works" than Jesus. What is this meaning? That we are to do more miracles, more feeding of the hungry, more healings.....or is it that we will simply be used to do more things because there will be more of us?
Hi Hope In God...my belief is that this is talking about being greater in scope rather than power?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Hope In God...my belief is that this is talking about being greater in scope rather than power?
I agree. Jesus was alone....so then the love of God couldn't be made manifest in the way that God desired. Of course there are the miracles. ;) The single grain of seed died and became many. One plant is not a crop. So then it is scope we are talking about in the idea of greater.

We can show the world how the body functions. How it connects in love. We can do this because Jesus has returned to the Father to give His gifts to men. Love is that greater work...the manifestation of a functioning Body.

Hope in God

May 29, 2019
TAMPA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greater in the quantity of works, you believe, as I do. Which would still not negate God using a believer to split the English Channel.

Reactions: Nancy and marks