Greetings from So Cal!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Hidden In Him

I see some of your "likes" here....but missing more of "you". :)

Yeah, I'm busier than I'd like lately. But as it says, "There's a time for all things." :)
Well aren't you a dear!

Nothing like the warmth of fellowship!

She has her weaknesses, LoL, but the site wouldn't be the same without her. That much I can promise you.

Reactions: Helen

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've really been debating with myself whether or not to post this. It feels like coming into someone else's home and then criticizing how they live. That's not what I want to do.

I'm just astounded at the rude and insulting manner that is so easily tolerated on this forum. I've watched as numerous threads continue for 100's of posts rehashing the same arguments over and over as the posters attack central tenets of Christianity. People who's teachings about Scripture deny virtually any orthodox view. (I know, more than one "orthodoxy"? :) )

I love discussing Scriptures with people, and actually finding where we may actually agree, and come to greater understandings, and build relationships in the body of Christ. I'm not the social butterfly. I'm into serious discussion. Everyone else is free to think I'm a fruitcake. But aren't we supposed to be nice to each other? Especially Christians?

OK, that's my 2 cents.

Much love!
Mark

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've really been debating with myself whether or not to post this. It feels like coming into someone else's home and then criticizing how they live. That's not what I want to do.

I'm just astounded at the rude and insulting manner that is so easily tolerated on this forum. I've watched as numerous threads continue for 100's of posts rehashing the same arguments over and over as the posters attack central tenets of Christianity. People who's teachings about Scripture deny virtually any orthodox view. (I know, more than one "orthodoxy"? :) )

I love discussing Scriptures with people, and actually finding where we may actually agree, and come to greater understandings, and build relationships in the body of Christ. I'm not the social butterfly. I'm into serious discussion. Everyone else is free to think I'm a fruitcake. But aren't we supposed to be nice to each other? Especially Christians?

OK, that's my 2 cents.

Much love!
Mark

Mark, I have two dogs, and if I'm looking for someone to manifest the fruit of the Holy Spirit, I would sooner look to them for it before I'd look to some of our members here, LoL.

Honestly, if you want to know the truth, this site has been under spiritual attack for many months. For a time there about 3-4 months ago I thought the site was going to be completely overrun by unorthodox quackery, and the attendant strife. It is still dominated by unorthodoxy, bad theology and strife, only it has been kept at bay somewhat since then. It is a spiritual attack, so this calls for prayer if you are interested in trying to play a part in seeing this place protected from the enemy.

As for the serious discussion and being nice to each other, I think I've mentioned this before but it is currently not the best place for intellectual exchange on the scriptures. For many members here it is more about defending one's positions to the death before admitting they might be mistaken on something. Noami25 complained about the same thing to me, wishing she could just engage in honest debate for once without all the defensiveness. And in regard to being nice, you can only look to yourself. You seem to have done very well here, from what I've seen of you. But there are members here who will test your patience to the limit, and I have to admit that I have failed in this regard numerous times. The only positive that comes out of it is that trials perfect endurance, and I am learning how to maintain my kindness with even the most irritating of members.

Some who read this post may say people should go elsewhere if they don't like it here, but the truth is this sort of thing follows me, LoL, and I would take it with me so why leave? I just limit my involvement, and learn who the good risks and bad risks are as far as interacting with people.

This may not be the most positive-sounding response, but understand that these things are no accident. The enemy works very hard in our time to sow strife among Christians, and situations like you are mentioning here are among the ways he accomplishes it.

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden In Him

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

OK, that's my 2 cents.

Much love!
Mark

Dear Mark

I knew that you would find us out, and very quickly.
There are a few of us on here...like "Hidden" above and some others who grieve over this...
Many times I am another friend on here have wondered why we are here some days.
But this Site used to be a very lovely balanced Site...it comes and goes...depending on the membership that sticks around.
Some sadly have drifted away. Which doesn't help the rest of us ( note my eyes roll toward @Hidden In Him :) ) He is not as 'here' as much as he used to be..
so the lovers and huggers get diluted by the aggressive ones.

Like I mention last time I was on here..so many seem to enjoy arguing ABOUT God , but not many share their experiences WITH God...make you wonder sometimes. How precious is their experience over their clever knowledge of what they BELIVE to be the correct interpretation of some scripture.

( still eating of the wrong Tree..the knowledge of good and evil .
Even "good" from the wrong tree...is NOT LIFE and Truth.)

My sermon for the day! ha!

Stay around and be a part of the answer..don't quit ...

Bless you...Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mark, I have two dogs, and if I'm looking for someone to manifest the fruit of the Holy Spirit, I would sooner look to them for it before I'd look to some of our members here, LoL.

Honestly, if you want to know the truth, this site

has been under spiritual attack for many months. For a time there about 3-4 months ago I thought the site was going to be completely overrun by unorthodox quackery, and the attendant strife. It is still dominated by unorthodoxy, bad theology and strife, only it has been kept at bay somewhat since then. It is a spiritual attack, so this calls for prayer if you are interested in trying to play a part in seeing this place protected from the enemy.

As for the serious discussion and being nice to each other, I think I've mentioned this before but it is currently not the best place for intellectual exchange on the scriptures. For many members here it is more about defending one's positions to the death before admitting they might be mistaken on something. Noami25 complained about the same thing to me, wishing she could just engage in honest debate for once without all the defensiveness. And in regard to being nice, you can only look to yourself. You seem to have done very well here, from what I've seen of you. But there are members here who will test your patience to the limit, and I have to admit that I have failed in this regard numerous times. The only positive that comes out of it is that trials perfect endurance, and I am learning how to maintain my kindness with even the most irritating of members.

Some who read this post may say people should go elsewhere if they don't like it here, but the truth is this sort of thing follows me, LoL, and I would take it with me so why leave? I just limit my involvement, and learn who the good risks and bad risks are as far as interacting with people.

This may not be the most positive-sounding response, but understand that these things are no accident. The enemy works very hard in our time to sow strife among Christians, and situations like you are mentioning here are among the ways he accomplishes it.

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden In Him

Im going nowhere.. :)
I've been here much longer than many of these 'agro' negative ones....

I have been here even longer than my profile page shows...I was here under another name something like "followertoo " years before that...but lost contact then forgot what my password and even my user name was !! :D
I tried for ages to get back on, then just picked another name and password...LOL

Keep praying, keep posting, even a wee bit.

Take care Chris ....Helen

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Mark

I knew that you would find us out, and very quickly.
There are a few of us on here...like "Hidden" above and some others who grieve over this...
Many times I am another friend on here have wondered why we are here some days.
But this Site used to be a very lovely balanced Site...it comes and goes...depending on the membership that sticks around.
Some sadly have drifted away. Which doesn't help the rest of us ( note my eyes roll toward @Hidden In Him :) ) He is not as 'here' as much as he used to be..
so the lovers and huggers get diluted by the aggressive ones.

Like I mention last time I was on here..so many seem to enjoy arguing ABOUT God , but not many share their experiences WITH God...make you wonder sometimes. How precious is their experience over their clever knowledge of what they BELIVE to be the correct interpretation of some scripture.

( still eating of the wrong Tree..the knowledge of good and evil .
Even "good" from the wrong tree...is NOT LIFE and Truth.)

My sermon for the day! ha!

Stay around and be a part of the answer..don't quit ...

Bless you...Helen

Yes @marks , please DO stick around! We all (at least I and a few others on here) have had to grow a thicker skin, lol. I have learned not to get involved (for the most part) in mean spirited posts and people on here. The many on here who DO exhibit Gods love are more than worth it to come back day after day ♥ And, some of my favorite people on here believe differently in certain areas than I do yet, they are graceful and respect the others beliefs. As far as I am concerned, eyes on Jesus...even in a Church "building". And let me tell you, this forum has lifted my spirits and encouraged me like no Church building I have ever attended. We are all family after all, even though me might never meet face to face in this world...stay? :)
In Him,
nancy

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im going nowhere.. :)
I've been here much longer than many of these 'agro' negative ones....

I have been here even longer than my profile page shows...I was here under another name something like "followertoo " years before that...but lost contact then forgot what my password and even my user name was !! :D
I tried for ages to get back on, then just picked another name and password...LOL

Keep praying, keep posting, even a wee bit.

Take care Chris ....Helen

I just need to keep my mind on the positives. I do believe God has His hand on this website, or some of the things that happened would not have. I guess what bothers me most is my own darn failings, and losing my temper with people even when I concentrate on trying not to. If I'm reading James correctly, I suppose I should be "counting it all joy," LoL.

But I do plan on having a stronger presence, not just here but on all the Forums, once I get a bunch of videos done. In the interim however I'm gonna need to spend even more time preparing to endure the ugliness, cuz I can't handle getting frustrated with myself.

Thanks for the encouragement, Sister, and blessings. It means a lot. :)

Reactions: Helen and Nancy