Growing In Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would You Rather See Peter Pan or Beauty and The Beast For Virtual Fieldtrip?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, I'm going to add Wicked to the choice since that is a really good musical. :) So let's reflect on what we've learned today. In order to achieve patience it's good to hold our tongues and pray that our tongues don't slip and wait for God to lead the way since He knows best. :) Sounds like good lessons for the day!! :D Alright everyone goodnight and don't forget about your homework that is due tomorrow for the lesson on manners. :)

You've seen it?!

Reactions: April_Rose

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, I'm going to add Wicked to the choice since that is a really good musical. :) So let's reflect on what we've learned today. In order to achieve patience it's good to hold our tongues and pray that our tongues don't slip and wait for God to lead the way since He knows best. :) Sounds like good lessons for the day!! :D Alright everyone goodnight and don't forget about your homework that is due tomorrow for the lesson on manners. :)

You're so kind to teach a lesson on manners :cool:

Reactions: April_Rose and Tone

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all you don't give me homework I'm the teacher,.. mostly.

Bahahha (I love this so much) :D:D

giphy.gif

Alright everyone goodnight and don't forget about your homework that is due tomorrow for the lesson on manners. :)
Wait what is it LOL

This is why I am a dropout

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bahahha (I love this so much) :D:D

giphy.gif

Wait what is it LOL

This is why I am a dropout

LOL I saw this and I decided to come back and re-explain. (Not sure about the meme though lol) Your homework was supposed to be to go to a public place (even for a walk outside) and observe how you and other people are behaving with their different mannerisms and stuff but since it's so late I guess now I guess that means you didn't do it. I guess I can overlook that,.. this time. :p

Reactions: Tone and DuckieLady

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL I saw this and I decided to come back and re-explain. (Not sure about the meme though lol) Your homework was supposed to be to go to a public place (even for a walk outside) and observe how you and other people are behaving with their different mannerisms and stuff but since it's so late I guess now I guess that means you didn't do it. I guess I can overlook that,.. this time. :p

What did you end up munching?!

*Btw..."mannerisms" is a good word!

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

OH Okay! Sorry I missed that. I've been around other people and I just got in a fight about ten minutes ago so I'm gonna be good at this!

Reactions: Tone

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OH Okay! Sorry I missed that. I've been around other people and I just got in a fight about ten minutes ago so I'm gonna be good at this!

I can't wait to hear about what kind of a fight...and all the other juicy details...!

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My thoughts on faith just now (built upon something I heard before)...

Treating what is not yet, as though it just is...until it all catches up...!

Which also reminds me of something my boss likes to say, "if they can't cut the mustard..."...

I added, "...then they can't ketchup..." (catch up...ha ha...) And just yesterday I added, "...and if they can't do these things...I don't want them near my dog ..."(hotdog...ha ha...).

So...yeah...

... just something to chew on...yw!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, first of all I have to start off by saying that so far it looks like Beauty and The Beast is in the lead!! :D Second of all sorry for the delay but I wasn't feeling very well this morning, I had sinus and allergy problems that were making me sick. :( I'm doing better now though and I can post today's lesson now. :)

Also, @Tone, before I get to that I totally forgot to answer your question about what I got to eat last night and I apologize for that as I was rather tired from eating so much and wanted to get to bed a bit early. I had my usual six inch sirloin, (medium well with pink in the middle) baked potato, corn, and a bit of cheesecake with strawberries and chocolate sauce on top. :D

Anyways, so as you already know today's topic is about manners. You guys have homework again tonight, (and quiz tomorrow) but before I get to that let me get on with today's lesson. Saying things like please, thank you, and you're welcome are very good thinks to do as well as apologizing when you've done something wrong, but manners is also about how you speak to people, the way you speak to people, and not acting like you're better than anybody or everybody else.

So,.. I am really curious who all completed your assignment yesterday and how it went, but first let me tell you all about the observations that I made at the restaurant last night. So everybody seemed to be social distancing really well and our waitress was (I went out with a friend) very polite and kept checking on us and making sure that everything was okay and that we were doing okay which is another good factor in having manners when you're thinking of others more than yourself. :)

So,.. you guys will all have your turn in a minute to tell me what you observed and where you were when you were observing your environment, but tomorrow's topic/lesson will be all about respect and that includes both respecting others and yourself. So your homework is (it's on YouTube free movies if you do not own a copy) to watch Slam Dunk Ernest and tomorrow we will go into how that has to do with respect (but if you're paying attention you'll probably get it on your own) and be sure you're paying close attention because there will be a trivia quiz on it as well! :D

Oh yes and one more thing,.. I found a really good Bible verse to sum up today's lesson.

Titus 3:2 "To speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy towards all people."

Okay! Your turn guys!! :D @FluffyYellowDuck, how did things go last night? Oh and one more thing,.. I hope you all have a wonderful day and enjoyed today's lesson. :) Time for lunch for me!! :D

Reactions: DuckieLady and Tone

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay! Your turn guys!! :D @FluffyYellowDuck, how did things go last night?

Oh boy...

I was given a sarcastic, very rude "THANKS" (like YEAH THANKS A LOT, NOT) for answering what time it was. I guess I was like 15-30 seconds too late and delayed with my response because I was busy.

I was asked and couldn't figure out why it was such a big deal. My "fight" was more of me asking why I was spoken to in that way, as if I had done something wrong, and then the other person acting like I asked them a weird question. I explained calmly that I'm not trying to fight them and I was just asking for an explanation. I didn't get one and was just ridiculed for asking the question. I didn't say anything because I didn't want it to escalate. Feels a bit like gaslighting.

I think some people enjoy being rude or consider it some form of control. Overall, I got hugs from my kids and actually my older boy is really good with his please and thank yous. He's always appreciative.

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks. :D So did you do the assignment? It's okay if you didn't. It was just for fun anyways. :)

I didn't go out yesterday...

I live in a house with a bunch of dudes, so we're pretty polite...

11 years in prison will buff up the diplomacy game.

When I'm out and about people are pretty friendly around here...

In fact, this post just got interrupted by some nice lady inquiring about my ebike...she said she's gonna get one soon!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh boy...

I was given a sarcastic, very rude "THANKS" (like YEAH THANKS A LOT, NOT) for answering what time it was. I guess I was like 15-30 seconds too late and delayed with my response because I was busy.

I was asked and couldn't figure out why it was such a big deal. My "fight" was more of me asking why I was spoken to in that way, as if I had done something wrong, and then the other person acting like I asked them a weird question. I explained calmly that I'm not trying to fight them and I was just asking for an explanation. I didn't get one and was just ridiculed for asking the question. I didn't say anything because I didn't want it to escalate. Feels a bit like gaslighting.

I think some people enjoy being rude or consider it some form of control. Overall, I got hugs from my kids and actually my older boy is really good with his please and thank yous. He's always appreciative.

Yeah that was clearly uncalled for on their part. I got to get into the shower and then I'm going outside and going for a walk,.. but even though I know this might be considered pathetic, I really like this song and The Cheetah Girls and I think that I might make a really cool parody of this song later that might go something along the lines of this;

Cause we are brothers and sisters!
We stand together!
We make up God's great big family though we don't look the same.
Our seeds are different, different flowers.
We make each other stronger and that ain't ever gonna change!
Believe it Mister!!
We are His children brothers and sisters!! :D

Reactions: DuckieLady

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh btw that thing that was in a different language was "you really blew this one Jackal." :p

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh btw that thing that was in a different language was "you really blew this one Jackal." :p

Well that's very nice...and I'm really happy for you, but there is something you missed...

You haven't appraised my post #109...

...and as I seem to be the squeaky wheel in this classroom...

...this makes...me feel...sad...

:(

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Btw, those cheetah chicks are doing some Milli Vanilli esque (love it) lip syncing....

*If you don't know MV...you too young...

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well that's very nice...and I'm really happy for you, but there is something you missed...

You haven't appraised my post #109...

...and as I seem to be the squeaky wheel in this classroom...

...this makes...me feel...sad...

:(

I just liked it and now I'm going to start working on my parody. :D Btw, here's another question for you guys,.. can you think of any examples on how to say something to somebody the right way versus the wrong way? Hopefully that makes sense. :)