Growing In Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would You Rather See Peter Pan or Beauty and The Beast For Virtual Fieldtrip?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking of fieldtrips though I decided that a couple weeks from today we're going to take a virtual fieldtrip to a theater and watch either Peter Pan or Beauty and The Beast depending on what the majority vote will be and it'll go within the lessons. :) (If I can add a poll on here I will. :D)

Reactions: Tone

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, I'll have patience about hearing what you have to say about patience. New poll has been added btw. :D
hahaha, lol:
iuhNwqKdFMPn_3895_700.jpg

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
also @April_Rose , Beauty and the Beast hands down. I love Beauty and the Beast. I read the history of Peter Pan and it was creepy and it ruined it for me forever.

I like Thumbelina, too, as a short person. Although, I don't get the fascination with marrying princes. Why? Nobody ever fantasizes about marrying the sons of presidents.

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everybody wants to get into the chocolate factory...

...but nobody wants to get the golden ticket...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what do you do to be patient with other people when they're making you upset?
You may need to learn to bite your tongue. You may need to ask God to help you to do that. All of our lives until we met Jesus our own fleshly ways have been leading us. When we meet Jesus we need to change... or at least to begin to change. Alone we cannot do this. We need to ask for help... from the only One who ultimately can help us, God! Starting on this pathway does not mean all of sudden you will do everything right every time.

On the contrary, but you do the best you can and ask God to help accomplish whatever you cannot. You do not quit on God because you fall down. You get up and go again!

God expects you to continue to strive to surrender. We may need help to surrender to God. Ask for help! I say surrender because surrendering continuously and repeatedly to God is how you get there. Remember how a toddler learns to walk? He almost always falls before he gets good at it standing on his feet and walking and then even running... He may fall down many times... but he cannot quit if ever he is going to become a walker.

This is part of growing and so it is in our 'walk' with God: Growth!

And what do you mean being patient with God?

When you ask God for something and you receive no immediate answer of any kind, do not get in a hurry... Consider these verses about one of the failures of King Saul of Israel:

"And he tarried seven days, according to the set time that Samuel had appointed: but Samuel came not to Gilgal; and the people were scattered from him.
And Saul said, Bring hither a burnt offering to me, and peace offerings. And he offered the burnt offering.
And it came to pass, that as soon as he had made an end of offering the burnt offering, behold, Samuel came; and Saul went out to meet him, that he might salute him.
And Samuel said, What hast thou done? And Saul said, Because I saw that the people were scattered from me, and that thou camest not within the days appointed, and that the Philistines gathered themselves together at Michmash;
Therefore said I, The Philistines will come down now upon me to Gilgal, and I have not made supplication unto the LORD: I forced myself therefore, and offered a burnt offering.
And Samuel said to Saul, Thou hast done foolishly: thou hast not kept the commandment of the LORD thy God, which he commanded thee: for now would the LORD have established thy kingdom upon Israel for ever." I Sam 13:8-13

When Samuel, God's prophet, was not there in 7 days to offer a sacrifice, Saul, the King, took it upon himself to offer a sacrifice to God instead of continuing to wait on the prophet... which means to wait on God. The king was more worried about his up coming battle against the Philistines than he was about obeying God. Wrong priority! The king was king, but he was not allowed to offer a sacrifice under the law God gave Moses. A few chapters later Samuel makes it clear what the problem was:

"And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams." I Sam 15:22

People today do move out ahead of God. Learn to listen for God and be patient waiting to hear His voice. Don't decide to do God's job for Him nor to choose your own pathway to God. Be patient with God. He does know what He is doing.

Saul repeatedly forged ahead of God and listened too much to, and worried too much about, the words and ideas of people instead of paying attention to God. At that time the Word of the Lord for Saul was coming through the prophet... Samuel. Saul like too many kings [and leaders today] thought he had the authority to take matters into his own hands when God seemed to be silent or running late.

These word of Jeremiah still apply today:

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jere, 10:23

When we start to serve God, our Director needs to be God... not ourselves!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, I'm going to add Wicked to the choice since that is a really good musical. :) So let's reflect on what we've learned today. In order to achieve patience it's good to hold our tongues and pray that our tongues don't slip and wait for God to lead the way since He knows best. :) Sounds like good lessons for the day!! :D Alright everyone goodnight and don't forget about your homework that is due tomorrow for the lesson on manners. :)

Reactions: dev553344 and Tone