Halloween Street Preaching

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must be of the world because you talk like the world -- and the world loves their own. The world hates Jesus, just as He said, and those who follow Him will be hated too. Fake christians and the lukewarm alike do not understand this.
07-07-07,
Do you have a daughter?
If so, would you encourage her to marry a man if all you knew of that man was that if she didn't date him, that he would beat/burn/torture her? Is that a good reason for you to encourage you to encourage your daughter to marry this man?

Reactions: Helen and Willie T

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
07-07-07,
Do you have a daughter?
If so, would you encourage her to marry a man if all you knew of that man was that if she didn't date him, that he would beat/burn/torture her? Is that a good reason for you to encourage you to encourage your daughter to marry this man?

There's a time for the love of God to be preached and there's a time for the fear of God to be preached. Obviously, however, sinful humanity has waxed worse and worse in these latter days, so preaching the fear of God is appropriate. The Book of Revelation is my source.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a time for the love of God to be preached and there's a time for the fear of God to be preached. Obviously, however, sinful humanity has waxed worse and worse in these latter days, so preaching the fear of God is appropriate. The Book of Revelation is my source.
You didn’t answer my question.

Would you tell your daughter to marry someone because they threatened her?
Do you think they can have a happy marriage if everything she does is motivated to avoid a beating?

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
07-07-07,
Do you have a daughter?
In these statements you are reproaching God.

For it is clear from holy scripture that there is a very real hell that people go to if they reject (the real) Jesus as their Lord and Saviour.

Jde 1:14, And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
Jde 1:15, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

So, clearly, you are not seeing the whole picture.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In these statements you are reproaching God.

For it is clear from holy scripture that there is a very real hell that people go to if they reject (the real) Jesus as their Lord and Saviour.

Jde 1:14, And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
Jde 1:15, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

So, clearly, you are not seeing the whole picture.
I am.

Now, if you want to talk to me about this: please tell me with a "yes" or "no" if you encourage your daughter to be in a marriage with a man who threatens her, and if you think such marriage is the meaning of true love.

Reactions: Helen

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

reproaching God...not seeing the whole picture.

Now, if you want to talk to me about this: please tell me with a "yes" or "no" if you encourage your daughter to be in a marriage with a man who threatens her, and if you think such marriage is the meaning of true love.

The issue does not only have to do with the fact that God proposes marriage to us.

It has to do with the fact that God is just;

And the fact that sin causes suffering to others (while often not to ourselves; otherwise it would have no appeal to us) and that their suffering requires justice when they are wronged by us. God is the meter out of justice. Humanity cries out to God for justice. When there is no justice, men reproach God. But people also reproach God over the fact that He metes it out.

No wonder God is angry with sinful humanity. I would be angry too.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
reproaching God...not seeing the whole picture.

The issue does not only have to do with the fact that God proposes marriage to us.

It has to do with the fact that God is just;

And the fact that sin causes suffering to others (while often not to ourselves; otherwise it would have no appeal to us) and that their suffering requires justice when they are wronged by us. God is the meter out of justice. Humanity cries out to God for justice. When there is no justice, men reproach God. But people also reproach God over the fact that He metes it out.

No wonder God is angry with sinful humanity. I would be angry too.
Once again you refuse to answer the question.

Reactions: Helen and Giuliano

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am.

Do you use the Holy Bible or do you lean to your own understanding?

Proverbs 3
[7] Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you use the Holy Bible or do you lean to your own understanding?

Proverbs 3
[7] Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
For a fourth time, I'll ask the question:
Do you encourage your daughter to be in a marriage with a man who threatens her, and if you think such marriage is the meaning of true love.

Reactions: Helen and Giuliano

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For a fourth time, I'll ask the question:
Do you encourage your daughter to be in a marriage with a man who threatens her, and if you think such marriage is the meaning of true love.

For the last time, your question has been answered, but you apparently can't perceive it.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the last time, your question has been answered, but you apparently can't perceive it.
All I've seen is you evading rather than answering a simple "yes" or "no" question.
Do you believe that a proper relationship between a man and a wife is one where the wife is threatened and motivated out of fear?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jane_Doe22,

Do you consider it immoral on God's part, that He puts people in hell, who do not receive Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour (who do not accept His proposal of marriage)?

Is there not more to this than meets the eye?

In answer to your question, I do not have a daughter; but if I did, I would not consider that to be a healthy relationship and would discourage her from pursuing it.

However, are we righteous to apply the same principle to our relationship with the Lord? For He does indeed put in hell those who will not accept His proposal of marriage. But is this the whole picture?

The reality is, that men and women are sinners deserving of judgment; and that anyone who accepts Christ's proposal of marriage will be forgiven; but not only that, they will be transformed within so that they are no longer deserving of judgment.

So the issue of God's proposal of marriage is not the only issue involved. If it were the only issue, then you would be right in the reproach of the Lord that you have set forth here.

But it is not the only issue. The other issue involved is that God is the judge of the whole earth; and that men require it of Him that He be the judge of the whole earth.

So when God judges those who do not accept His proposal of marriage; it is not directly because they rejected his proposal: but it is that because they have rejected His proposal, they continue to be sinners deserving of judgment.

He has given us free will; and will not change a person's heart against their will. So He offers to change a person's heart and at the same time sends us an offer of love in a proposal of marriage (see Hosea 2:19-20).

But you attempt to liken God to the person in your analogy that burns the woman who does not accept his proposal. Again, I say, that you are not taking into account the whole of the matter; and are attempting to reproach the Lord of the Universe.

Pro 28:5, Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jane_Doe22,

Do you consider it immoral on God's part, that He puts people in hell, who do not receive Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour (who do not accept His proposal of marriage)?

Is there not more to this than meets the eye?

In answer to your question, I do not have a daughter; but if I did, I would not consider that to be a healthy relationship and would discourage her from pursuing it.

However, are we righteous to apply the same principle to our relationship with the Lord? For He does indeed put in hell those who will not accept His proposal of marriage. But is this the whole picture?

The reality is, that men and women are sinners deserving of judgment; and that anyone who accepts Christ's proposal of marriage will be forgiven; but not only that, they will be transformed within so that they are no longer deserving of judgment.

So the issue of God's proposal of marriage is not the only issue involved. If it were the only issue, then you would be right in the reproach of the Lord that you have set forth here.

But it is not the only issue. The other issue involved is that God is the judge of the whole earth; and that men require it of Him that He be the judge of the whole earth.

So when God judges those who do not accept His proposal of marriage; it is not directly because they rejected his proposal: but it is that because they have rejected His proposal, they continue to be sinners deserving of judgment.

He has given us free will; and will not change a person's heart against their will. So He offers to change a person's heart and at the same time sends us an offer of love in a proposal of marriage (see Hosea 2:19-20).

But you attempt to liken God to the person in your analogy that burns the woman who does not accept his proposal. Again, I say, that you are not taking into account the whole of the matter; and are attempting to reproach the Lord of the Universe.

Pro 28:5, Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the LORD understand all things.
I thank you for actually addressing my question.

I don't reproach the Lord.

The people I reproach are preachers that metaphorically tell their daughter's suitor to get lost for proposing marriage via threatening, and then preach marriage to the Lord via threatening. No marriage, to man or God, is good if things are founded on threats-- that's not love in a marriage or true discipleship. Hence Christ preaches via love, not threats. He wants our hearts: our love and devotion.

Yes, there are those that will reject the Lord and His marriage proposal. And they will get what is just. But that doesn't mean we should abandon Him to go and threaten people into a false facsimile of fear-based discipleship or paint God as such a person.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thank you for actually addressing my question.

I don't reproach the Lord.

The people I reproach are preachers that metaphorically tell their daughter's suitor to get lost for proposing marriage via threatening, and then preach marriage to the Lord via threatening. No marriage, to man or God, is good if things are founded on threats-- that's not love in a marriage or true discipleship. Hence Christ preaches via love, not threats. He wants our hearts: our love and devotion.

Yes, there are those that will reject the Lord and His marriage proposal. And they will get what is just. But that doesn't mean we should abandon Him to go and threaten people into a false facsimile of fear-based discipleship or paint God as such a person.
Nevertheless, it is the truth of holy scripture that people will go to hell for rejecting Christ. Should we neglect to warn them? I think that we would be held accountable by the Lord for such lack of love as to fail to warn people of impending judgment when it is about to come upon them. I think also that on their day of judgement they would look on us with hatred as well as disappointment, because, if we had told them of the truth of this matter, they might have gotten the picture and turned from their sins. They would say to you, "why didn't you warn me about this? Now I am going to hell because you remained silent."

Reactions: 07-07-07

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nevertheless, it is the truth of holy scripture that people will go to hell for rejecting Christ. Should we neglect to warn them? I think that we would be held accountable by the Lord for such lack of love as to fail to warn people of impending judgment when it is about to come upon them. I think also that on their day of judgement they would look on us with hatred as well as disappointment, because, if we had told them of the truth of this matter, they might have gotten the picture and turned from their sins. They would say to you, "why didn't you warn me about this? Now I am going to hell because you remained silent."
Preach love, which is the foundation of discipleship.
Not fear, as if selling fire insurance.

Reactions: Willie T and Helen

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Preach love, which is the foundation of discipleship.
Not fear, as if selling fire insurance.
What did Jesus preach?

I believe that the Lord was not neglectful to preach on the subject of hell.

His very first message, the Sermon on the Mount, contained words that utilized hell as a deterrent concerning sin (Matthew 5:29-30).

It was this message that created the first disciples.

Therefore, the doctrine of hell; and the fear of the LORD, is a part of the foundation for discipleship.

Psa 111:10, The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

Pro 1:7, The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Pro 8:13, The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Pro 9:10, The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Job 28:28, And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.

Mat 10:28, And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Luk 12:4, And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
Luk 12:5, But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

2Co 5:11, Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

These are only a few of the verses that speak on this subject of the fear of the LORD; there are many, many, more.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's too bad we seem to be unable to relate to whatever was the original intent of that word that was translated, "fear."

The children scared to death by horror films would be the wisest in the world if our understanding of that word were correct.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What did Jesus preach?

I believe that the Lord was not neglectful to preach on the subject of hell.

His very first message, the Sermon on the Mount, contained words that utilized hell as a deterrent concerning sin (Matthew 5:29-30).

It was this message that created the first disciples.

Therefore, the doctrine of hell; and the fear of the LORD, is a part of the foundation for discipleship.

Psa 111:10, The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

Pro 1:7, The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Pro 8:13, The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Pro 9:10, The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Job 28:28, And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.

Mat 10:28, And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Luk 12:4, And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
Luk 12:5, But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

2Co 5:11, Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

These are only a few of the verses that speak on this subject of the fear of the LORD; there are many, many, more.
The focus of the Sermon on the Mount is not remotely fear. Same with rest of scripture.