Halloween Street Preaching

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are the one who said everyone is right in their interpretation. I disagree with you.

According to your theory everyone is right.....Including Fred Phelps. You are the one defending Phelps....not me.

Thank you.
I rode with The Patriot Guard. What did you do to stand against Phelps? No matter how wrong I feel you or Phelps is, God gave you both the right to make your own choices about what His word says.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi BG,

When it comes to "sound doctrine" (2 Timothy 1:13, 1 Timothy 4:6, 1 Timothy 1:10, 1 Timothy 6:3, 2 Timothy 4:3, Titus 1:9, Titus 2:1, Titus 2:7) God does what everything to be the same. Even though we may all be different parts of the same body we should all work together, as the body does, to be one. That is why Jesus prayed that we may all be one (John 17:20-23).

Different flowers and birds have nothing to do with the truth of Gods word and sound doctrine.

Okay, whatever you say.

I was stupid to even post to you again...think why I did...silly me.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Neither you or anyone else on this forum has been able to explain to me why you think that the HS was guiding the reformers into the truth even though they all had different truths given to them by the HS. Once you can logically explain that to me then I will stop asking.

Rubbish.
Many have explained as have I, you just don't want any explanation, then you can feel superior and self righteous...and continue to say you have no idea why God speaks differently to people.

By the way...it is very disrespectful the use HS like you do,His Name is The Holy Spirit.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who decides who truly believes and has the HS to guide them?

That would be Jesus Christ.

Who decides they are in error?

Jesus Christ, on the day of judgment (see also John 12:48).

When have I EVER suggested that the CC has greater authority than the bible??????????????????????

So, you're saying that the Bible has greater authority than the Catholic Church?

It has got to be one or the other...I just want to know where you stand on the issue...it seems to me that you are being vague.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I rode with The Patriot Guard. What did you do to stand against Phelps? No matter how wrong I feel you or Phelps is, God gave you both the right to make your own choices about what His word says.
Soooo if everyone is right in their interpretation of Scripture (your theory) then why did you stand against Phelps???

Your theory is that we can “personally "interpret" the various parts of the Bible”. Sooooo can we or can we not interpret various parts of the Bible???

NO...God DID NOT give us “the right” to make our “own choices about what His word says.”

Have you ever heard of the Council of Jerusleuam??? Do you not realize that a lot of the NT letters are exhorting Christians in certain churches to change their ways and listen to their elders???

I thought you knew scripture.....:(

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, whatever you say.

I was stupid to even post to you again...think why I did...silly me.
Wow....such an articulate defense of your belief.

I gave scripture to support what I believe. You gave sarcasm and failed to support what you believe....:(

I am disappointed. When you are ready to defend your theory get back with me....Thank you for your time.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rubbish.
Many have explained as have I, you just don't want any explanation, then you can feel superior and self righteous...and continue to say you have no idea why God speaks differently to people.

By the way...it is very disrespectful the use HS like you do,His Name is The Holy Spirit.
Really??? MANY have explained??? Since many have explained please quote them for me....

As for you..... explain it once again or quote that post you speak of since I don’t remember it....Until then your statement is just another fallacy.

BTW....show me who teaches that it is disrespectful to shorten two words and I will change my ways......otherwise it is just your opinion and another dig at Mary....

Mary

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooo if everyone is right in their interpretation of Scripture (your theory) then why did you stand against Phelps???

Your theory is that we can “personally "interpret" the various parts of the Bible”. Sooooo can we or can we not interpret various parts of the Bible???

NO...God DID NOT give us “the right” to make our “own choices about what His word says.”

Have you ever heard of the Council of Jerusleuam??? Do you not realize that a lot of the NT letters are exhorting Christians in certain churches to change their ways and listen to their elders???

I thought you knew scripture.....:(
You obviously have no idea what The Patriot Guard did, do you? We were not there to tell the Westboro Mob that they couldn't believe as they did. We were there to block them from telling others that THEY had to feel the same way.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would be Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ, on the day of judgment (see also John 12:48).

So, you're saying that the Bible has greater authority than the Catholic Church?

It has got to be one or the other...I just want to know where you stand on the issue...it seems to me that you are being vague.
Lol....I think, by reading your post, that YOU have decided who truly believes and who is guided by the HS.

I have never said the Bible has greater authority than the CC or that the CC has greater authority than the Bible. It does not have to be one or the other. There are three pillars to The Church.

You accept Scripture, Protestant tradition (teaching) and the teaching authority of yourself or the Church you attend.

I accept Scripture, Christian tradition and the teaching authority of the Church I attend.

How do I know you accept Protestant tradition? Because what you have posted/preached is a 500 year teaching. What I post/preach is a 2,000 year teaching.

Thank you for your time

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You obviously have no idea what The Patriot Guard did, do you? We were not there to tell the Westboro Mob that they couldn't believe as they did. We were there to block them from telling others that THEY had to feel the same way.
And you just can’t seem to answer a question...Can you? There were 4 questions in my post and you didn’t answer any of them.....How sad

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wow....such an articulate defense of your belief.

I gave scripture to support what I believe. You gave sarcasm and failed to support what you believe....:(

I am disappointed. When you are ready to defend your theory get back with me....Thank you for your time.

Okay...Im done.
Ive read some here say you are just a troll.... I now agree...

I G N O R E

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never said the Bible has greater authority than the CC or that the CC has greater authority than the Bible. It does not have to be one or the other.

It does indeed, have to be one or the other; for the Catholic Church teaches things that are contrary to the Bible.

Example: the perpetual virginity of Mary.

The Catholic Church believes it is a reality, while the Bible teaches that it is a lie.

Jesus had half-brothers and half-sisters according to Matthew 13:55-56.

That would indicate that Mary had other children after Jesus, through Joseph.

Last edited:

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Helen, there's no use discussing with this fellow.
I think we'll let God decide who is a Christian or not a Christian.
I am out of this thread.

....back to the photo thread....

God has already decided -- and His Word is the gatekeeper. Everybody will be judged according to what is written, so there's no need to wonder if one is a true Christian or not. God gave us His Mirror, the Holy Bible, so we can look at our garments to judge ourselves whether we are in the faith or not.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Team Jesus Preachers lifting up holy voices to the lost and dying on Halloween night 2019.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does indeed, have to be one or the other; for the Catholic Church teaches things that are contrary to the Bible.
Hi JIB,

Soooo you are the ONE who gets to decide what teachings are contrary to Scripture? Your infallible?

Mary

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi JIB,

Soooo you are the ONE who gets to decide what teachings are contrary to Scripture? Your infallible?

Mary
All you have to do is read the scripture in question; and I believe that you will see with your own eyes that it refutes the concept that Mary was a perpetual virgin.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All you have to do is read the scripture in question; and I believe that you will see with your own eyes that it refutes the concept that Mary was a perpetual virgin.
Just like I said.....you are the ONE who gets to decide what teachings are contrary to Scripture. You are infallible....;)

BTW...even the reformers don't agree with you soooo there is that!!!