Halloween Street Preaching

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know this for a fact? Why don't you show us if that is really the case?
It is the same standard equipment militant protesters use to shout down others that they want to dominate. I've never even been to a raucous tent revival where the preacher resorted to shouting at people with a Bullhorn.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that people who are not "obnoxious in their faith" are not hated; and that therefore true Christians (the hated kind) are those who actually preach to others that which grates against the flesh of those who want to keep their sins. We are hated because of our message: if we simply believed and never spoke a word (see 2 Corinthians 4:13), the world would be content to have us in its ranks (after all, its motto is "CO-EXIST"); because there is no opposition of righteousness to their carnal behaviour and therefore they are not offended. The world loves "bunny rabbit" Christians; who say nothing about the state this wicked world is in. Jesus was hated not simply because He was Jesus; but because He testified of the world that its deeds were evil (John 7:7).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it is more likely that your love for Christ instinctively tells you that is not the way to spread the kingdom of God.
I believe that the preachers in the video may have actually accomplished something for the kingdom of God. The fact that there were many adversaries indicates to me that that was an open door of evangelism (1 Corinthians 16:9).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the same standard equipment militant protesters use to shout down others that they want to dominate. I've never even been to a raucous tent revival where the preacher resorted to shouting at people with a Bullhorn.
Normally, a microphone and speakers will suffice in such a setting.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The other extreme from bullhorns is not to street preach at all but criticize those who do.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But with the way our culture has been headed, I feel that a little throat-shoving may in fact be appropriate.

I have news for you:

If anyone had tried that on me before I became a Christian I would have jump off my bike and kicked him in the ass.
Sorry if that sounds cruel, but it's exactly what I would have done.

The only reason I became a Christian was because a Spirit led believer
told me his testimony about what God had done in his life.

I did not come to Christ because some nut case told me I was going to hell.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have news for you:

If anyone had tried that on me before I became a Christian I would have jump off my bike and kicked him in the ass.
Sorry if that sounds cruel, but it's exactly what I would have done.

The only reason I became a Christian was because a Spirit led believer
told me his testimony about what God had done in his life.

I did not come to Christ because some nut case told me I was going to hell.

Ha, me too @Triumph1300
Before I became born again, there was a time or two that I had a few words for strangers who tried that un-biblical approach, shoving it down their throats?? How is an unbeliever, who undoubtedly knows nothing about God or Jesus supposed to respond to that?? :confused: Christ NEVER did that, and neither did He OR His Apostles chase down people and forcing tracks into their hands...pretty much all of which ends up littering the area :rolleyes:. We are to give the Gospel in gentleness and love. We cannot expect that an unsaved person is going to understand like a saved person does and, IMHO-it's the "saved" ones who sometimes need it shoved down THEIR throats! Sorry, just got a little heated. :oops:

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are not "street preaching".
Street preachers come in all stripes.

Philippians 1:15-18 NKJV
[15] Some indeed preach Christ even from envy and strife, and some also from goodwill: [16] The former preach Christ from selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my chains; [17] but the latter out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel. [18] What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is preached; and in this I rejoice, yes, and will rejoice.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Did you all really listen to the video?
'
Did any of you feel the love of God flowing from the so called 'preachers'?
Was there any heartfelt appeal from the heart?

Telling someone that a mill stone will be about their neck etc etc is hardly wooing them , or even going into the byways and calling them to the wedding feast ...no, just a brow beating that 'hit the wall and fell to the ground'. I see no loving 'seed sowing' done there. :(

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bottom line is that these people with their confrontational behaviour will bring nobody to Christ.
Statistics have proven this many times.

They are wasting time and giving Christianity a bad name.
Exactly what the enemy wants.

Agreed,
This kind of stuff pushes people further away. And, Jesus was speaking to His disciples when He said :
"but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea." Matthew 18:6
He had just finished telling them that they themselves must come to Him as a child. I do not necessarily believe the "child" here is solely speaking to young children, but to young believers who might be weak in their faith...?

The guys in this video are acting as Judge, Jury and Executioner, not their place to do this, Imo.
"For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church?" 1 Corinthians 5:12

Not to mention:
1 Peter 3:15-17
15 "But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,"

I am kind of thinking not a single one of those "Halloweeners" was compelled to ask ANYTHING of these guys. And, if they are doing this so as to cause unbelievers to mock them, they have it so backwards.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And the Holy Spirit would have proceeded to convict you over your treatment of them; and you would have gotten saved out of guilt.

It has happened before.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I consider that Christ Himself will be the judge of these "street preachers".

As for me, I will withhold my judgment of them on the off-chance that what they were doing was the right thing.

Wouldn't it be interesting if some of the people they were preaching to got saved?

Normally people who get saved that way disparage the methods that were used to get them into the kingdom; because they were not pleasant.

However, the fact remains that they are in the kingdom; and that it is very likely that they wouldn't be if it hadn't been for some of this "rough preaching" that acted as a kind of kick in the butt (speaking of that).

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here in California many fires are raging.
We warn.
Bullhorn and all.

Here on earth many sinners are heading towards the Flame.
We warn.
Bullhorn and all.

Reactions: 07-07-07

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Luk 14:15, And when one of them that sat at meat with him heard these things, he said unto him, Blessed is he that shall eat bread in the kingdom of God.
Luk 14:16, Then said he unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many:
Luk 14:17, And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready.
Luk 14:18, And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused.
Luk 14:19, And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused.
Luk 14:20, And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.
Luk 14:21, So that servant came, and shewed his lord these things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind.
Luk 14:22, And the servant said, Lord, it is done as thou hast commanded, and yet there is room.
Luk 14:23, And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.
so, i slept on this thinking your point would come to me, great vv, could you say why you were led to post them there ty