Halloween Street Preaching

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Matthew 10
[27] What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.
[28] And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
prolly a great spot to realize that what is xlated as "preach" to us may have better xlations?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I think that people who are not "obnoxious in their faith" are not hated; and that therefore true Christians (the hated kind) are those who actually preach to others that which grates against the flesh of those who want to keep their sins. We are hated because of our message: if we simply believed and never spoke a word (see 2 Corinthians 4:13), the world would be content to have us in its ranks (after all, its motto is "CO-EXIST"); because there is no opposition of righteousness to their carnal behaviour and therefore they are not offended. The world loves "bunny rabbit" Christians; who say nothing about the state this wicked world is in. Jesus was hated not simply because He was Jesus; but because He testified of the world that its deeds were evil (John 7:7).
i'm not quite sure from your opening there your def of "true Xtians," but it reads as if the "obnoxious in their faith (noun)" were? Is that what you mean? Imo we maybe shouldnt forget that the "hated" are also made to be at peace with even their "enemies?" After all, how do we heap burning coals on their heads?

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I believe that the preachers in the video may have actually accomplished something for the kingdom of God. The fact that there were many adversaries indicates to me that that was an open door of evangelism (1 Corinthians 16:9).
pearls before swine is what comes to mind for me wadr. Missions are thank you God imo being sued for their crimes now.

Reactions: Nancy

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I consider that Christ Himself will be the judge of these "street preachers".

As for me, I will withhold my judgment of them on the off-chance that what they were doing was the right thing.

Wouldn't it be interesting if some of the people they were preaching to got saved?

Normally people who get saved that way disparage the methods that were used to get them into the kingdom; because they were not pleasant.

However, the fact remains that they are in the kingdom; and that it is very likely that they wouldn't be if it hadn't been for some of this "rough preaching" that acted as a kind of kick in the butt (speaking of that).
I could possibly see a little of that in personal conversations with another. But, abusively screaming at total strangers they know nothing about and have never laid eyes on before? Nah...… I think they are just out to satisfy a desire they themselves probably don't even understand.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Did you all really listen to the video?
'
Did any of you feel the love of God flowing from the so called 'preachers'?
Was there any heartfelt appeal from the heart?

Telling someone that a mill stone will be about their neck etc etc is hardly wooing them , or even going into the byways and calling them to the wedding feast ...no, just a brow beating that 'hit the wall and fell to the ground'. I see no loving 'seed sowing' done there. :(
when you dig a pit for others, you end up in it yourself maybe applies huh

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I could possibly see a little of that in personal conversations with another. But, abusively screaming at total strangers they know nothing about and have never laid eyes on before? Nah...… I think they are just out to satisfy a desire they themselves probably don't even understand.
how ya been, willie? Ima be in Floral City on the 12th Nov, what you doin then? :D

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 58
[1] Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.
Hi,

Try to look at it another way: How would you like me to go to your house, church, neighborhood etc. with a bullhorn, using it like a trumpet, lift up my voice and start preaching to you about my Catholic faith/doctrines/beliefs? Telling you that you will not be saved if you don't adhere to my message and shew your transgressions.

Would my actions encourage or discourage you?

Mary

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi,

Try to look at it another way: How would you like me to go to your house, church, neighborhood etc. with a bullhorn, using it like a trumpet, lift up my voice and start preaching to you about my Catholic faith/doctrines/beliefs? Telling you that you will not be saved if you don't adhere to my message and shew your transgressions.

Mary
You are absolutely right.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
how ya been, willie? Ima be in Floral City on the 12th Nov, what you doin then? :D

You could always try a trip north of the boarder...and have a roll in the snow.
It may do you a power of good...and help you appreciate the sunshine that you are so used to. :D

Reactions: amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi,

Mary

thumbup1[1].gif

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You could always try a trip north of the boarder...and have a roll in the snow.
It may do you a power of good...and help you appreciate the sunshine that you are so used to. :D
i love canada, but am not legally allowed to cross the border. I do still go, as the hired help on hunting excursions up into the yukon, which is why i guess they allow it? But any US with any felonies, ever, now has a really hard time getting into canada (legally)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

From my understanding these street preachers began by proclaiming the word...and then reacted to the hostile reactions coming to them from the people that they were preaching to.

I could be wrong...and I would say that if their intention was to go to them pointing the finger and never providing the solution for what they were preaching against (the Cross being the solution for sin), then they were in the wrong. But if they gave the solution of the Cross and also were showing to the people that they needed that solution, then they were in the right.

Hi,

Mary

Such a thing wouldn't bother me in the slightest; because Catholic doctrine (such as ex-cathedra statements by the pope) does not have the word to back it up. I would not at all feel convicted by statements that are not backed up by the word of the Lord...you could scream at the top of your lungs and I would simply disregard what you are saying because it is not biblical.

However, when men come and preach the word of the Lord...there is power behind it because Jesus died on the Cross and gave us His Holy Spirit so that everything in the word of the Lord is inspired and profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16).

The statements in the word of the Lord bear witness to the truth...such as, when we say that Christ's followers will be hated by the world...this is substantiated by the fact that you hate us when we say it.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yet the world does not seem to hate Jesus, the Man, would you say? He ate at publicans houses, prevented adulterers stonings, championed outcastes, etc
The scripture testifies to the fact that Jesus was and is hated by the world.

The very people to whom He ministered to in the temple, were the same people who were in the crowd when Judas betrayed Him.

When people who represent Jesus are hated by the world, this shows clearly that Jesus is also hated by them.

Because when people speak convicting words in the power of His Spirit, and are hated, it is clear that it is what Jesus/the Spirit is saying that is hated by these people; and that the people hated are hated because they carry the message of Jesus/the Spirit.

1Jo 4:20, If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
1Jo 4:21, And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.
1Jo 5:1, Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The scripture testifies to the fact that Jesus was and is hated by the world.
yes, but the definition of "world" here seems not to include you?
The very people to whom He ministered to in the temple, were the same people who were in the crowd when Judas betrayed Him.
couldnt have said it better myself, yeh. His apostles lol
wanna rephrase?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
When people who represent Jesus are hated by the world, this shows clearly that Jesus is also hated by them.
" Christ i like; why are Christians so unlike Christ?"

when the ppl who say they rep Jesus start saying that, it is time to pause and reflect imo
Because when people speak convicting words in the power of His Spirit, and are hated, it is clear that it is what Jesus/the Spirit is saying that is hated by these people; and that the people hated are hated because they carry the message of Jesus/the Spirit.
awesome, if they are coming to you asking, or it is thrust in your face.

what did you go out into the wilderness to see? jbf

but bam go into the world with a bullhorn--is this that yhread?--if you are led i guess. See as it goes the same "hate" might easily be generated by...other considerations, rigt; hypocrisy, ego, entitlement, etc?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, but the definition of "world" here seems not to include you?

In John 17 true believers are said to be in the world but not of it.

awesome, if they are coming to you asking, or it is thrust in your face.

I think that the Cross stands as a kind of "in-your-face" event in history; whether anyone is sent to preach about it or not.

It stands in history as something that we cannot ignore.

Even those who reject it have emotions about it.

No one can be indifferent about this event in world history; it stands as an event that breeds either loyalty or hatred.

Reactions: bbyrd009