Halloween?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are Christians allowed to practice Jewish feasts and fasts after the coming of Christ?

Well this question looks like it is gaslighting to me. But anyway I will answer. I will go through this methodically.

Are Christians allowed to follow to practice Jewish Feasts and fasts after the coming of Christ? A few comments.

1) As I have stated clearly earlier they are not "Jewish Feasts" they are Yahweh's feasts.

NKJ Leviticus 23:2 "Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them:`The feasts of the LORD, which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations, these are My feasts.

Leviticus reveals they are not Jewish they are Yahweh's feast, as the commandment was for Israel and the mixed multitude.

NKJ Exodus 12:49 "One law shall be for the native-born and for the stranger who dwells among you."
NKJ Numbers 15:16 `One law and one custom shall be for you and for the stranger who dwells with you.'"

By two or three witnesses let every matter or word be established.

Christ or as I prefer to refer to Him as Messiah (meaning anointed one) is Jewish (what I mean by Jewish is that He was born of the House of David from the Tribe of Judah) and went to synagogue as His custom was and kept the feasts.
The disciples and apostles definitely kept the feasts and fasted as this is found all through the epistles especially Acts! They were Israelites.

Yeshua himself said the following
NKJ John 14:15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.

There was no New Testament when this was written, there were only ever one lot of commandments and the feasts are part of those commandments.

Yeshua also said directly quoting Deut 8:5
.....that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the LORD.

NKJ Matthew 4:4 But He answered and said, "It is written,`Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"

Again when Yeshua said this the New Testament was not written. So, what was the word of God? The only word they had was the Hebrew scriptures again with the feasts found all through them.

Yes absolutely we fast as we see the discussion that John's disciples fasted and through Paul's epistles there is much discussion on fasting. Yeshua Himself said that there is no need to fast while the bridegroom was with you. But when he is not you are to fast.
Some demons can only be cast out by prayer and fasting.

In summary we are absolutely able to observe YAHWEH'S feasts and fast. But these things do not save you they BLESS YOU! You can only be redeemed by the blood of Yeshua our Messiah as the remission of sins can only be by innocent blood that's what my Bible says. Yeshua and the 1st Century disciples all observed the feasts and fasted.

It is not until the man made Denominations really taking hold in the 4th - 6th centuries and well beyond those times that certain organizations and men create their own doctrines and theologies which is rooted in Antisemitism which redefined and took away and abolished anything "Jewish" to do with the New Testament. None of the common folk had scriptures and it was spoken and preached in Latin which was beyond the common folk. This is one reason how the scriptures and interpretations were changed as because they were not understood by the common folk there could be no challenge to what was being taught. This is why Yeshua says in the end times I will restore all things and part of that is the understanding of the scriptures from the perspective and the intent of the original authors who were inspired by the Holy Spirit, who were all Hebrews living in a Hebrew culture with a Hebrew mindset and worldview.

MAN SHALL NOT LIVE BY BREAD ALONE BUT BY EVERY WORD OF YAHWEH not my words His. Every word of Yahweh means from Genesis through to Revelation with no contradictions!

Shalom

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Teefaith,
@Mayflower (who seems to be missing of late) started a Halloween thread last year and we got of course, several different views.
It's only been a few years since looking at this "HOLIday in a different light.
Satan has taken over pretty much every "Holy" day and twisted and skewed them into a farce. Christmas is all about greed anymore, Easter has turned into a bunny and hidden eggs, and Halloween has become the day that people have "fun" glorifying death. I understand most all do not see it this way but, Satan does not care how you glorify "him", he's pleased as punch and laughing at all of us as we gaily march to the beat of his drum.
Used to think that was taking things too far and ridiculous, ya know 'oh let the kids have fun, it's harmless, or you just see demons under every rock! Well, maybe I do!
I do not participate any longer as I see it all differently now.
If anything, why not celebrate the Jewish holidays? What an interesting way of teaching your kids about the bible :)
Hope I didn't rain on your Halloween parade, surely you will get many takers here on the condoning side.
God Bless and happy candy corn day :D

I've been gone, sister. Redeeming my time a bit better, but miss yall. Yeh, we don't do Halloween. And we do Resurrection Sunday rather then the Easter bunny/Easter . But we want a strong Christ focus for the kids. Im praying for everyone whatever the conviction concerning this, to just make sure your conscience is clear and you are seeking God in these matters. I just always was convicted about Halloween being the only time fear and wicked things is fun and okay. It was a hard awakening, but I am at peace about it. And candy is half off after Halloween so yay for the kids. Lol

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been gone, sister. Redeeming my time a bit better, but miss yall. Yeh, we don't do Halloween. And we do Resurrection Sunday rather then the Easter bunny/Easter . But we want a strong Christ focus for the kids. Im praying for everyone whatever the conviction concerning this, to just make sure your conscience is clear and you are seeking God in these matters. I just always was convicted about Halloween being the only time fear and wicked things is fun and okay. It was a hard awakening, but I am at peace about it. And candy is half off after Halloween so yay for the kids. Lol

It's always a good thing too pull away at times. I used to live on here, like 24/7!!! Lol...Then I became convicted, and have backed off since.

"And candy is half off after Halloween so yay for the kids. Lol"
:D

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice to see you, @Mayflower.
My only issues with buying halloween candy is that it seems like I'm supporting the activities of the cult by buying their candy.

Yeh I can understand that. I figure it is over afterwards and I'm supporting the people who are paid at the store...and my kids. ^_^

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well this question looks like it is gaslighting to me. But anyway I will answer. I will go through this methodically.

Are Christians allowed to follow to practice Jewish Feasts and fasts after the coming of Christ? A few comments.

1) As I have stated clearly earlier they are not "Jewish Feasts" they are Yahweh's feasts.

NKJ Leviticus 23:2 "Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them:`The feasts of the LORD, which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations, these are My feasts.

Leviticus reveals they are not Jewish they are Yahweh's feast, as the commandment was for Israel and the mixed multitude.

NKJ Exodus 12:49 "One law shall be for the native-born and for the stranger who dwells among you."
NKJ Numbers 15:16 `One law and one custom shall be for you and for the stranger who dwells with you.'"

By two or three witnesses let every matter or word be established.

Christ or as I prefer to refer to Him as Messiah (meaning anointed one) is Jewish (what I mean by Jewish is that He was born of the House of David from the Tribe of Judah) and went to synagogue as His custom was and kept the feasts.
The disciples and apostles definitely kept the feasts and fasted as this is found all through the epistles especially Acts! They were Israelites.

Yeshua himself said the following

There was no New Testament when this was written, there were only ever one lot of commandments and the feasts are part of those commandments.

Yeshua also said directly quoting Deut 8:5
.....that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the LORD.

NKJ Matthew 4:4 But He answered and said, "It is written,`Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"

Again when Yeshua said this the New Testament was not written. So, what was the word of God? The only word they had was the Hebrew scriptures again with the feasts found all through them.

Yes absolutely we fast as we see the discussion that John's disciples fasted and through Paul's epistles there is much discussion on fasting. Yeshua Himself said that there is no need to fast while the bridegroom was with you. But when he is not you are to fast.
Some demons can only be cast out by prayer and fasting.

In summary we are absolutely able to observe YAHWEH'S feasts and fast. But these things do not save you they BLESS YOU! You can only be redeemed by the blood of Yeshua our Messiah as the remission of sins can only be by innocent blood that's what my Bible says. Yeshua and the 1st Century disciples all observed the feasts and fasted.

It is not until the man made Denominations really taking hold in the 4th - 6th centuries and well beyond those times that certain organizations and men create their own doctrines and theologies which is rooted in Antisemitism which redefined and took away and abolished anything "Jewish" to do with the New Testament. None of the common folk had scriptures and it was spoken and preached in Latin which was beyond the common folk. This is one reason how the scriptures and interpretations were changed as because they were not understood by the common folk there could be no challenge to what was being taught. This is why Yeshua says in the end times I will restore all things and part of that is the understanding of the scriptures from the perspective and the intent of the original authors who were inspired by the Holy Spirit, who were all Hebrews living in a Hebrew culture with a Hebrew mindset and worldview.

MAN SHALL NOT LIVE BY BREAD ALONE BUT BY EVERY WORD OF YAHWEH not my words His. Every word of Yahweh means from Genesis through to Revelation with no contradictions!

Shalom

actually Latin was the vulgate or vulgar language the common language of the people of the Roman Empire

Christians are forbidden to practice Jewish rites and rituals or feasts and fasts cos they only pointed to the coming of Christ
So to practice them now would be offensive to Christ
It would be saying he did not come

thanks

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christians are forbidden to practice Jewish rites and rituals or feasts and fasts cos they only pointed to the coming of Christ
So to practice them now would be offensive to Christ
It would be saying he did not come

I am sorry this doctrine is way off and has antisemitism at its core and foundation. Going along with this logic means that Peter, Paul, James, Andrew and all the other apostles and disciples were wrong. As all through the New Testament there is testimony that they kept Yahweh's Feasts and fast. Please stop referring to them as Jewish as this is lying and very misleading.

Book, Chapter and verse where Yeshua or the Epistle letters teach that the followers are not to observe Yahweh's Feast. Yeshua or the Epistles never ever teach it to be so, that is wicked man made doctrine inspired by demons.

There are only one lot of commandments.

Yeshua said this in response to wicked suggestions and doctrines spoken of from Satan himself. I answer the same in relation to the above statement as it is also wicked and blasphemous. But I understand the influence of man made religious doctrine as I was once myself there and even taught those things.
I repented and Yahweh because of His love, grace and mercy forgave me. Please Yahweh open peoples eyes to these erroneous doctrines.

CJB Hebrews 13:8 Yeshua the Messiah is the same yesterday, today and forever.

The Jewish Messiah does not change if He kept the feast when He was on this earth I can guarantee you He will be enforcing and keeping them when He returns, as the apostles and 1st century disciples did decades after His resurrection.
Consider the following unfulfilled prophecy in Zech

Zech. 14:16-19 NKJ
16 And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.
17 And it shall be that whichever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, on them there will be no rain.
18 If the family of Egypt will not come up and enter in, they shall have no rain; they shall receive the plague with which the LORD strikes the nations who do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.
19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.

This passage alone and there are others blow your erroneous theology to pieces. After the return of the Messiah who will be teaching the Law/Torah from Jerusalem the nations are expected to be keeping the feast.

Shalom

Reactions: Truman

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry this doctrine is way off and has antisemitism at its core and foundation. Going along with this logic means that Peter, Paul, James, Andrew and all the other apostles and disciples were wrong. As all through the New Testament there is testimony that they kept Yahweh's Feasts and fast. Please stop referring to them as Jewish as this is lying and very misleading.

Book, Chapter and verse where Yeshua or the Epistle letters teach that the followers are not to observe Yahweh's Feast. Yeshua or the Epistles never ever teach it to be so, that is wicked man made doctrine inspired by demons.

There are only one lot of commandments.

Yeshua said this in response to wicked suggestions and doctrines spoken of from Satan himself. I answer the same in relation to the above statement as it is also wicked and blasphemous. But I understand the influence of man made religious doctrine as I was once myself there and even taught those things.
I repented and Yahweh because of His love, grace and mercy forgave me. Please Yahweh open peoples eyes to these erroneous doctrines.

CJB Hebrews 13:8 Yeshua the Messiah is the same yesterday, today and forever.

The Jewish Messiah does not change if He kept the feast when He was on this earth I can guarantee you He will be enforcing and keeping them when He returns, as the apostles and 1st century disciples did decades after His resurrection.
Consider the following unfulfilled prophecy in Zech

Zech. 14:16-19 NKJ
16 And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.
17 And it shall be that whichever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, on them there will be no rain.
18 If the family of Egypt will not come up and enter in, they shall have no rain; they shall receive the plague with which the LORD strikes the nations who do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.
19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.

This passage alone and there are others blow your erroneous theology to pieces. After the return of the Messiah who will be teaching the Law/Torah from Jerusalem the nations are expected to be keeping the feast.

Shalom

Those Jews!

Zechariah 13:6
And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

Matt 23:17 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Matt 23:38 - Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

Matt 23:39 - For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

John 19:37
And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced.

Acts 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;

15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

The Jews who daily blaspheme Jesus Christ and His true church!

Christ replaced david as king Lk 1:32-33
The church replaced Israel matt 21:43
The new covenant replaced the old Heb 8:13 1 Tim 2:5

Anti-Semite: is a term that refers to the Semite ethnic people.

Refers to the son of Noah Sem and His descendants. It’s ethnic not religious and should not be used in a religious sense!

It has nothing to do with the Jews or the Jewish religion!

Anti-Jewish religion: any opposition to the Jews or to the fulfillment of the Mosaic covenant by Christ is seen as anti-Jewish!

Any opposition to the Jews or Israel or to say the mosaic covenant is fulfilled or opposition to political Zionism is also called falsely anti-Semitic

The Jews were the children and have rejected Christ and He has rejected them! 2 Tim 2:12

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 21:43 taken from Israel

given to the new covenant church

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Matt 21:43 taken from Israel

given to the new covenant church

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
You are giving Catholics a bad name, you know that. Perhaps, if you can muster the humility, you'll watch this video.

Reactions: Ancient

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excellent clip that should be shoved in front of many parents who are playing with fire with themselves and their children, as they straddle the fence with one leg in the world of darkness and the other in the light. They never mix.

Reactions: Ancient and TLHKAJ

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When I was much younger, back in the 70s, Halloween was a night when we'd play songs like "Black Sabbath," take L.S.D., and influence the night. Then I'd feel a tangible thrilling, though evil, presence." I want nothing to do with it! Yesterday is gone!
My ancestor got exiled for playing with this stuff. Please, as followers of Jesus, cleanse your lives of this stuff! It would be an act of worship to our King!

Reactions: Ancient and TLHKAJ

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Those Jews!

Zechariah 13:6
And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

Matt 23:17 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Matt 23:38 - Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

Matt 23:39 - For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

John 19:37
And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced.

Acts 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;

15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

The Jews who daily blaspheme Jesus Christ and His true church!

Christ replaced david as king Lk 1:32-33
The church replaced Israel matt 21:43
The new covenant replaced the old Heb 8:13 1 Tim 2:5

Anti-Semite: is a term that refers to the Semite ethnic people.

Refers to the son of Noah Sem and His descendants. It’s ethnic not religious and should not be used in a religious sense!

It has nothing to do with the Jews or the Jewish religion!

Anti-Jewish religion: any opposition to the Jews or to the fulfillment of the Mosaic covenant by Christ is seen as anti-Jewish!

Any opposition to the Jews or Israel or to say the mosaic covenant is fulfilled or opposition to political Zionism is also called falsely anti-Semitic

The Jews were the children and have rejected Christ and He has rejected them! 2 Tim 2:12

Oh Dear. Not one of those scriptures say anything about not keeping Yahweh's feast. This is what I was expecting though.

Hopefully one day as I did you will see the error and blasphemy in the doctrine's of men. Also the vile venom of antisemitism of it all. It is poison and has been behind this worlds most dominant religion since around the 4th - 5th century. And the cause of millions upon millions of unnecessary death and harm. The apostles would have none of it. I need to stop conversing with you sadly at this time as it says:

Prov. 9:8-9 NKJ
8 Do not correct a scoffer, lest he hate you; Rebuke a wise man, and he will love you.
9 Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser; Teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.

Pro 13:18 Poverty and shame will come to him who disdains correction, But he who regards a rebuke will be honored.

Some at this time just don't like instruction nor receive a rebuke or correction which is what the Bible calls loving a brother.

Num. 6:24-26 NKJ
24 "The LORD bless you and keep you;
25 The LORD make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you;
26 The LORD lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace."'

Be blessed as you continue to find His Truth

Shalom Aleichem

Reactions: Truman

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are giving Catholics a bad name, you know that. Perhaps, if you can muster the humility, you'll watch this video.
Care to hear the teachings of the fathers of the church on this?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pope Eugene IV, Council of Florence, Cantate Domino, 1441: “The Holy Roman Church firmly believes, professes and teaches that the matter pertaining to the law of the Old Testament, of the Mosaic Law, which are divided into ceremonies, sacred rites, sacrifices, and sacraments, because they were established to signify something in the future, although they were suited to divine worship at that time, after our Lord’s coming had been signified by them, ceased, and the sacraments of the New Testament began; and that whoever, even after the passion, placed hope in these matters of the law and submitted himself to them as necessary for salvation, as if faith in Christ could not save without them, sinned mortally. Yet it does not deny that after the passion of Christ up to the promulgation of the Gospel they could have been observed until they were believed to be in no way necessary for salvation; but after the promulgation of the Gospel it asserts that they cannot be observed without the loss of eternal salvation. All, therefore, who after that time (the promulgation of the Gospel) observe circumcision and the Sabbath and the other requirements of the law, it declares alien to the Christian faith and not in the least fit to participate in eternal salvation, unless someday they recover from these errors.”

Pope Benedict XIV in Ex Quo:

"The first consideration is that the ceremonies of the Mosaic Law *were abrogated* by the coming of Christ and that they can no longer be observed without sin after the promulgation of the Gospel. "

Pope Pius XII in Mystici Corporis:

"29. And first of all, by the death of our Redeemer, the New Testament took the place of the Old Law which had been abolished; then the Law of Christ together with its mysteries, enactments, institutions, and sacred rites was ratified for the whole world in the blood of Jesus Christ. For, while our Divine Savior was preaching in a restricted area - He was not sent but to the sheep that were lost of the House of Israel [30] - the Law and the Gospel were together in force; [31] but on the gibbet of His death Jesus made void the Law with its decrees [32] fastened the handwriting of the Old Testament to the Cross, [33] establishing the New Testament in His blood shed for the whole human race.[34] "To such an extent, then," says St. Leo the Great, speaking of the Cross of our Lord, "*was there effected a transfer from the Law to the Gospel, from the Synagogue to the Church, from the many sacrifices to one Victim, that, as Our Lord expired, that mystical veil which shut off the innermost part of the temple and its sacred secret was rent violently from top to bottom.*" [35]

30. *On the Cross then the Old Law died, soon to be buried and to be a bearer of death*, [36] in order to give way to the New Testament of which Christ had chosen the Apostles as qualified ministers; [37] and although He had been constituted the Head of the whole human family in the womb of the Blessed Virgin, it is by the power of the Cross that our Savior exercises fully the office itself of Head of His Church. "

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anti-Semitic is a stick to attack opponents it has nothing to to with religion

a Semite is an ethnic descendant of sem

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh Dear. Not one of those scriptures say anything about not keeping Yahweh's feast. This is what I was expecting though.

Hopefully one day as I did you will see the error and blasphemy in the doctrine's of men. Also the vile venom of antisemitism of it all. It is poison and has been behind this worlds most dominant religion since around the 4th - 5th century. And the cause of millions upon millions of unnecessary death and harm. The apostles would have none of it. I need to stop conversing with you sadly at this time as it says:

Prov. 9:8-9 NKJ
8 Do not correct a scoffer, lest he hate you; Rebuke a wise man, and he will love you.
9 Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser; Teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.

Pro 13:18 Poverty and shame will come to him who disdains correction, But he who regards a rebuke will be honored.

Some at this time just don't like instruction nor receive a rebuke or correction which is what the Bible calls loving a brother.

Num. 6:24-26 NKJ
24 "The LORD bless you and keep you;
25 The LORD make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you;
26 The LORD lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace."'

Be blessed as you continue to find His Truth

Shalom Aleichem

1 Corinthians 5:6-8
Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

this is Christian feast
Jn 1:29
The holy sacrifice of the mass of Jesus christ