Halloween?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL, I had another dream a while back that was similar but without the creativeness. And in that dream I had a spider on the small of my back and couldn't move to get it off. And when I woke up my back was shaking kinda violently like I was having a seizure or something. I think it was some form of shock. The Dr said it wasn't a seizure cause then I wouldn't have remembered.

But I was on a tropical beach and standing on a deck. The water was beautiful and blue and the deck was glass so I could see the water and deep into it clearly. I thought to myself "I can see all the fish" so I looked around and caught view of this flounder like fish and he was just sitting on the top of the water staring up at me with his mouth open. So I tricked a bug off the deck railing into flying away from me and it landed in the water. The fish swam over and ate it. I was like "cool it worked". Then the fish opened its mouth and the bug was still in it's mouth and it let out this flower which then floated up and landed in my hair. I was like "gross" and I tried to get it out of my hair and when I did it landed on my hand. I tried to shake it off. I would have succeeded but it turned into a bug with sharp spikes for legs which it used to attach itself to my hand. I was like "what the..." and fear started to sink in. I grabbed it to pull it off and it just hung on tighter. I thought this thing is going to do something evil to me. I really pulled and it just adjusted for a tighter hold. I finally managed to get it off and it flew up to my head and latched on there. The same thing. Then I woke up.

Anyways, my nightmares are usually about being stalked by lions or Jurassic Park dinosaurs. And I just thought this dream was more creative.
Ahh crreeeepy! Jurassic Park is an interest dream choice... Idk just sounds kind of cool to me.

Reactions: dev553344

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
who said to engage with darkness?

Romans 13:7
Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour. (is due)

blessed be God in His angels and in His saints!

2 Thessalonians 1:10
When he shall come to be glorified in hissaints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

Genesis 14:20
And blessed be the most high God!…

There is a LOT of actual evil that goes on during Halloween, lot more than Wal-Mart brooms and cheap plastic spiders.

I'm trying to keep it clean.

"Anton LaVey, the founder of the church of Satan, himself declared that by dressing up, either by wearing a costume or by coloring oneself in celebration of Halloween, signifies that you allow Satan to own you. He further said that when you adopt the pagan practices, you subconsciously dedicate yourself to the devil. He took joy in Christians who take part in the tradition, saying:

I am glad that Christian parents let their children worship the devil at least one night out of the year. Welcome to Halloween.

LaVey’s statement is corroborated by a former Satanist, John Ramirez, who said that when you dress up even as an angel or a mermaid for Halloween, “you give the devil the legal rights to change your identity.” Ramirez further warned that there’s a much darker reality in Halloween beyond costumes and candy. The former Satanist turned Christian pastor said in an interview on CBS News (October 20, 2018):

I was a general to the kingdom of darkness in witchcraft. I would sit with the devil and talk to him like I’m talking to you today. It was that kind of communication. It was that kind of relationship.

"

Source: https://wsimag.com/culture/58292-why-christians-should-not-celebrate-halloween

You have to make a decision for yourself but I've chosen the "no ty" route for myself.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not persecuting extreme ideas. I was pointing them out and now regretting it.
Dont buy the propoganda of the news machine .
This so called Q anon , has nothing to do with true christanity ,
YET they gonna use the bad seeds and claim that even folks like me , CAUSE WOE WOE WOE , I WONT GO THE MAINSTREAM FLOW ,
And put us all into the same camp . You are supporting a bad thing my friend . That article was dung .
OH i know some folks are glued to Q anon , I know some who even claimed to be christain that rushed the capital .
THEY WERENT . BUT the news spins STUFF my friend .
The devil himself at who pope francis does sit at his right hand , IS decieving you all , just like most of all the protestant churches do as well .
THIS is an agenda . Wait , i just used the word agenda , I MUST BE Q ANON DEVOUT CRAZY .
DO ya see what is going on yet . THEY are attacking and have been attacking anything that wont conform to mainstream .
THEY always use the crazy ones . THEN if even ones who are true stand up and oppose the system
GUESS WHAT CAMP they just got put in , THE CRAZY CAMP . THE NEWS is destroying this country , so are the politics
But this cant be stopped . POPE francis and even the churches of protestants and other false religoins
are gonna merge . CANT BE STOPPED . UNDER THE DEVIL . Just thought you would like to know who most all are merging under .
AND just thought you would like to know , THAT SATAN KNOWS how to use words , lIKE LOVE , LIKE peace , LIKE UNITY
LIKE love they neighbor , YET always twists the truth . THe media and politicains have their part in satans system
so does the pope and all sold out protestants as well as all other false religions .
Secular and religoin , politics and the media are all merging under the same agenda in different ways . JUST thought you would like to know that .
But this FUNDAMENTAL is STICKING TO THE BIBLE and THAT JESUS and THAT GOD . I pray others will too .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear you FYD, but I sure wouldn’t trust anything laVey ever said.
Just cause la vey said it , dont mean its not true . He is right in part , but dead wrong over all . The man follows satan .
REALLY if you look at what those satanists preach , ITS HUMANISM . JUST LIKE OUR CHURCHS AND THE POPE .
ITs like animal farm . The pigs have become the men . THEY basically preach the same message .
Satanism IS humanism . BE THY OWN GOD . TO THINE OWN SELF BE TRUE . SATAN did that and fell for it
MEN DO IT , under the guise of satan , yet they still holler the name of JESUS .
Its getting real bad sister . HAS been . The only difference IN HEART , between the pope, most churches and the world
verses satan , IS THEY DONT USE HIS NAME . BUT THEY ALL WORSHIP HIM NONE THE LESS . GETTING real bad .
And i dont mind being accused for pointing out this simple truth .
HERE is the simple truth . MOST FOLKS who worship satan , DONT EVEN REALIZE THEY DO
THEY love HIM and yet dont realize they do . HE who loveth self , the flesh , IS SERVANT TO THE DARK KING and LOVETH THE DARK
KING , no matter what gods name they holler . EVEN if they holler the one true GODS name .
FOR PROOF , read the bible . WE WORSHIP GOD , said the JEWS , WE HAVE ONE FATHER , EVEN GOD , said the jews ,
YET JESUS said , YE ARE OF YOUR FATHER the DEVIL . THEY actually beleived they followed GOD
and yet followed satan . OVER NINETY FIVE PERCENT of even churches claim HIS NAME yet follow satan . THEY FOLLOW MEN
they follow the flesh , they follow what is sensual and hate the truth .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a LOT of actual evil that goes on during Halloween, lot more than Wal-Mart brooms and cheap plastic spiders.

I'm trying to keep it clean.

"Anton LaVey, the founder of the church of Satan, himself declared that by dressing up, either by wearing a costume or by coloring oneself in celebration of Halloween, signifies that you allow Satan to own you. He further said that when you adopt the pagan practices, you subconsciously dedicate yourself to the devil. He took joy in Christians who take part in the tradition, saying:

I am glad that Christian parents let their children worship the devil at least one night out of the year. Welcome to Halloween.

LaVey’s statement is corroborated by a former Satanist, John Ramirez, who said that when you dress up even as an angel or a mermaid for Halloween, “you give the devil the legal rights to change your identity.” Ramirez further warned that there’s a much darker reality in Halloween beyond costumes and candy. The former Satanist turned Christian pastor said in an interview on CBS News (October 20, 2018):

I was a general to the kingdom of darkness in witchcraft. I would sit with the devil and talk to him like I’m talking to you today. It was that kind of communication. It was that kind of relationship.

"

Source: https://wsimag.com/culture/58292-why-christians-should-not-celebrate-halloween

You have to make a decision for yourself but I've chosen the "no ty" route for myself.

I said to avoid the world the flesh and the devil

James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resistthe devil, and he will flee from you.

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear you FYD, but I sure wouldn’t trust anything laVey ever said.
I agree with you and I get the sense that there is a a bit of "let's freak out stupid Christians" in his tone, but I do trust Ramirez.

I said to avoid the world the flesh and the devil

James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resistthe devil, and he will flee from you.
I like this one,@theefaith , good verse choice:)

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't use the term Easter anymore, I say resurrection, the rest of the non English speaking world use the term Pasqua or something like that I don't speak Latin, so excuse me if I spelled it wrong, but term Pasqua, actually means Passover, which is when Chris was Crucified, during Passover.

And Christmas was taken from Saturnalia, Saturn worship, Satan.
Calling it "Resurrection Day" is still promoting a lie because Christ was not resurrected on a Sunday. The idea that Christ was resurrected on a Sunday is why all the counterfeit brands of Christianity celebrate it and promote it in the first place.
Yeah I was just noting that just because God didn't tell us to do something in the bible does not mean we shouldn't do that thing. It's not a valid argument.
Actually, that's exactly what it means:

"There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death."
- Pro. 14:12

"The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but he who heeds counsel is wise." - Pro. 12:15

When God tells people not to do something, it's because doing the opposite will lead to the physical or spiritual harm of that person or other people. It is rather unfortunate, but predictable, that many people choose to learn this the hard way instead of simply believing God prohibits certain things for their own good.
Sure but did God tell you to buy groceries from a grocery store? Probably not. Did God tell you to use a computer to get online and join a forum? Probably not. There are many things God did not tell you to do in the bible that we must do today. Times have changed and we must change with them. In a good way and Godly way of course.
Times may have changed, but God's definition of morality hasn't changed at any point over the course of human history. Christ's words in Mar. 7 could just as well apply to today's false religions as they did to the Orthodox Jews when He said "all too well you reject the commandment of God that you may keep your own traditions". Placing a tradition or even our own reasoning above God's commandments is still idolatry. Your argument is transparently weak because you're trying to argue that celebrating a tradition God explicitly forbid in the Bible is as harmless as buying groceries or joining a religious forum. Buying groceries or using a computer to join a religious forum does absolutely nothing to violate God's commandments by themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: GodsBeloved11

GodsBeloved11

Sep 15, 2021
Bristol
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus never told His followers to celebrate a day that is satanic at its roots, nor did He instruct Hos followers to set aside a.day to honor the dead. And He certainly never instructed His followers to wear costumes depicting evil themes,.or costumes at all for that matter. Just because people calling themselves "christian" celebrate it does not make it a christian holiday.

And about "conspiracy theory" ....satanic ritual abuse and MK.Ultra are not theories. They are verifiable by many witnesses as well as court cases and government documents (although they have not told the whole story, bc they want the public to think MK Ultra was done away with).

No ill intended ... I'm just speaking the truth.

I agree. I don't think wearing costumes is sinful but I don't believe Christians should wear them in honour of Halloween I hate Halloween I t is glorifying satan

Reactions: Ancient and TLHKAJ

GodsBeloved11

Sep 15, 2021
Bristol
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I love candy. The Lord wants us to enjoy life, he created sugar, cocoa beans etc coffee and chocolate are his good gifts

But! I won't have them in honour of Halloween or anything evil! I don't believe in trick or treat.

I celebrate harvest and autumn instead

Reactions: Ancient

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can study these things and find biblical understanding but Christians cannot practice them, they pointed to Christ and now we have Christian feasts and fasts and sacraments

"The first consideration is that the ceremonies of the Mosaic Law *were abrogated* by the coming of Christ and that they can no longer be observed without sin after the promulgation of the Gospel. "

Colossians 2:14
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinancesthat was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Offensive to Christ

Galatians 5:4
Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

1 pet 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

Didn't Jesus Apostles continue to celebrate at least Passover? Which is what the bible should have used instead of "Easter".

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Calling it "Resurrection Day" is still promoting a lie because Christ was not resurrected on a Sunday. The idea that Christ was resurrected on a Sunday is why all the counterfeit brands of Christianity celebrate it and promote it in the first place.
Actually, that's exactly what it means:

"There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death."
- Pro. 14:12

"The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but he who heeds counsel is wise." - Pro. 12:15

When God tells people not to do something, it's because doing the opposite will lead to the physical or spiritual harm of that person or other people. It is rather unfortunate, but predictable, that many people choose to learn this the hard way instead of simply believing God prohibits certain things for their own good.
Times may have changed, but God's definition of morality hasn't changed at any point over the course of human history. Christ's words in Mar. 7 could just as well apply to today's false religions as they did to the Orthodox Jews when He said "all too well you reject the commandment of God that you may keep your own traditions". Placing a tradition or even our own reasoning above God's commandments is still idolatry. You argument is transparently weak because you're trying to argue that celebrating a tradition God explicitly forbid in the Bible is as harmless as buying groceries or joining a religious forum. Buying groceries or using a computer to join a religious forum does absolutely nothing to violate God's commandments by themselves.

Jn 20:1 The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jn 20:1 The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.

Actually this day represents the Feast of First Fruits. A Biblical Feast day, being completed with the resurrection of Messiah being the first fruits being raised from the dead, and if you go back into the Bible you will find this happened shortly after our Messiah's death which was at Passover, as Messiah is our Passover Lamb and not the Easter Bunny. Within the Feast of the Week of Unleavened Bread, also found in our Bibles. It just so happened on that particular year with the Biblical Calendar not the modern Gregorian Calendar that on the 14th Nissan or Aviv was Passover and he resurrected on very early Sunday morning which wasn't called Sunday in first century. It was called Day 1. The week was completed and finished on the 7th day which is called the Sabbath, which by the way is the only day of the week that has a name in the Bible. The other days were counted for e.g. day 1, day 2, day 3 all the way to the Sabbath.
Yahweh makes it pretty easy to understand when the Sabbath is.

I get my doctrine from the Bible meaning original languages and culture, not from man made religions and demonic twists to the scriptures.

Shalom

Last edited:
Reactions: Truman

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually this day represents the Feast of First Fruits. A Biblical Feast day, being completed with the resurrection of Messiah being the first fruits being raised from the dead, and if you go back into the Bible you will find this happened shortly after our Messiah's death which was at Passover, as Messiah is our Passover Lamb and not the Easter Bunny. Within the Feast of the Week of Unleavened Bread, also found in our Bibles. It just so happened on that particular year with the Biblical Calendar not the modern Gregorian Calendar that on the 14th Nissan or Aviv was Passover and he resurrected on very early Sunday morning which wasn't called Sunday in first century. It was called Day 1. The week was completed and finished on the 7th day which is called the Sabbath, which by the way is the only day of the week that has a name in the Bible. The other days were counted for e.g. day 1, day 2, day 3 all the way to the Sabbath.
Yahweh makes it pretty easy to understand when the Sabbath is.

I get my doctrine from the Bible meaning original languages and culture, not from man made religions and demonic twists to the scriptures.

Shalom

Are Christians allowed to practice Jewish feasts and fasts after the coming of Christ?